Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,640 of 5919

Thread: Delta Lounge

  1. #5601
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,846
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    random video from the series




    lots of ne te
    less ni ti
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #5602

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Have you considered IEE?
    Ive had a ISTp girlfriend for 9 years, and, magical, the very positive aspect I retain from this activator relationshit is amazement/attraction toward tiny things, various animals and stuff
    Last edited by noaydi; 01-24-2017 at 01:50 PM.

  3. #5603
    Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Posts
    8,955
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last edited by Chae; 01-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    This doesn't take a grain of salt, it takes a: BIG ASS SALTY ASS FREAKING ASS GAY MOUNTAIN!

  4. #5604
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default previously. he died with a felafel

    felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I was never good at following prescribed dating rules nor expectations. But it also took me years to become more upfront and blunt about what i wanted..having kissed too many toads!! My advice would be to figure out the minimum you would like from this guy, and then ask him for it. Like "hey, I like you and am attracted to you. I'd like to spend more time with you when our schedules permit. Or get to know you better via phone/text/email. Are you interested?" Or such. Beware wording that might give off a 'I'm willing to just be your fuck buddy', unless that is part of the minimum of course.

    The worst that can happen is he rejects the minimum and doesn't offer a counter minimum. Or you both have some great booty call sex. At least then you will have a better idea of what he wants from you, which will bring less anxiety. You'll also know sooner if you are wasting time/energy worrying about what might happen next.
    Hi Ann, how are you?

    I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

    I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

    Hope everyone is doing well

  5. #5605
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!



    Hi Ann, how are you?

    I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

    I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

    Hope everyone is doing well
    Hi Delilah.
    I'm doing pretty well. Battling raccoons, a couple of bully chickens, my clutter (final battle, the rest would be skirmishes), and my avoidance of more concrete language. Embracing (or at least accepting more deeply) where I'm at, and how I am. And pursuing my life...finally.

    I'm sorry about your separation. Seeing potential, yet losing it. The state of one foot in with one foot out. I can imagine how relieving (even if still a bit sorrowful) making the final cut or burning the final bridge can be. May you find/attract what you want from life, and who'd be compatible and bring joy to your life.

    Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  6. #5606
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    891
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm so weird out by things that seem definitive, I mean, I am too young for that, I am 23. I want the life to be a wandering adventure or some bullshit like that, but it doesn't work for me for some reason.... ah, crap.
    If you want words to live your life by
    Walk the graves, walk the graves
    It's written on the headstones
    Time waits for no one

  7. #5607
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For years I used to do yoga exercises then, suddenly, I stopped one day and went back to swimming, childhood comforts. I learned how to swim from the guys because I could clearly see the cut of the work, compared to the girls, who had much more flare and style and confused my sense of learning by imitation as a child.

    here's one for the past:

  8. #5608
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    1- ...my avoidance of more concrete language.

    2- Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    tell me more about #1 and should I worry about #2?

  9. #5609
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahah, no need to worry about #2. It's kind of fun though guessing.

    #1 has to do with my attempts to get back into fiction writing. My biggest issue, which I've had forever, has been writing descriptions of settings and character, and the more concrete actions that give clues to mood etc. I'm forcing myself to write even just 3 sentences a day (up from one). There's like an internal struggle, where part of me gets angry that I'm having to pay attention to these kinds of things, and another part scolding myself that it's just 3 simple sentences. This practice is separate from a short story I'm writing. Each day I force myself to come up with concrete objects that the character (a momma raccoon) would come across in a particular scene. As well as active verbs related to that object, as in words that would describe what the object is doing.

    A pathetic example of practicing the first part, but the best I created last week...
    The topic sentence given was "The room was messy."
    Books piled on the shelves, while stacks of notes peaked out of each nook and cranny. Sacks of sunflower seeds, cracked corn, oyster chips, and chicken feed leaned against the wall and each other. Seeds spilling onto the floor. Work boots, mudruckers, walking shoes, and slippers lay within tripping distance of unsuspecting visitors.

    It reads so childish in effort, and not the fun kind of childish,
    But, hopefully practice will help me improve this skill.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  10. #5610
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck

  11. #5611
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck
    I'll be on the lookout for a message from you.
    But no pressure. If you have more important/interesting things on your mind, those obviously take higher priority.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  12. #5612
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    on cheating on my now ex-husband:devastating, no, worse, atrocious.


  13. #5613
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi felafel, welcome back. So sorry about your ex cheating on you.

  14. #5614
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    hi maritsa

  15. #5615
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  16. #5616
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,237
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eliza, my deepest condolences go to you and your family.
    A person who departs from this earth never truly leaves, because they live on in the hearts and minds of those who loved them, and in the evidence of the good deeds that they did while they were on this earth, while they, themselves, are in a better, more perfect place.

  17. #5617
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    Eliza, not so long ago I lost mine, a wonderful parent to me, they remain irreplaceable!

  18. #5618
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  19. #5619
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd typed The Apprentice UK season 5 winner as IEE. Anyone's watched it?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series5/

  20. #5620
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    <3
    "Baby Missiles"

    I'm on the back of a new belief
    And on the back of a new belief
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah, he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

    He was a part of the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend dies all alone
    Yeah, just up and down like a new Jack Tone

    Yeah, you want to talk about going down
    Yeah, you'd rather make a young man proud
    You should have seen all the rattling in my brain

    And in the wake of a northeast bus
    I came on my back like a northeast perch
    You should have seen all the rattling in my way

    Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

    I was alive on the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

    He wanna leave but he don't know how
    He want to try but he don't know why
    He's going to lean on the back of me
    Like a slide on the back of b-b-belief

    Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

  21. #5621
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A guy was compelled to draw my face once and what came out of it was, well, my skull.

  22. #5622
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wanted to post this here, general lounging.

    (something's up with the video, but at least sound aokay.)

    Here the snow has started melting.

  23. #5623
    Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    891
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IDK... There's so much in the profile of EIIs that I totally do not relate to so I sometimes think I might be an IEI after all but then there's a part of me that wants to run aways screaming from all the Se 4D types and Fe isn't any less annoying for me tbh.
    If you want words to live your life by
    Walk the graves, walk the graves
    It's written on the headstones
    Time waits for no one

  24. #5624
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SLI Uncovered

    Whether it is cleaning the house out of cockroaches or a personal problem, SLI approach every situation with same methods; An unhappy SLI is a nasty sight, better start counting your losses and abandon ship, not that this will stop them, they want to make something real, they 'want to make a jazz record'.

    Yet, time....time....so low and behold and the remarkable robust infrastructure will start giving way, will fall apart. But don't busy yourself feeling guilty at the sight of it for they have no regrets:


  25. #5625
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Gerrymandering" - what an unusual word, do people like use this daily you heard it(?) I've only seen it written.

  26. #5626
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    I missed post




  27. #5627
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

    Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

    (Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 02-17-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  28. #5628
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

    Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

    (Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.

  29. #5629
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.
    I agree! But he got an exceptional calling here, and rose to it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  30. #5630
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The LSE is a little boy

    There was a thread on caregivers being infantile, what reminded me:

    The LSE is a little boy who has no idea what to do with information but access it involuntarily if accessible. Do not leave information on the table for the little
    boy to choke on. And even if the LSE is a mature woman she is still a little boy unaware of information-choking hazards.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  31. #5631
    aka He Died With a Felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know there's a thread on music but felt like this belonged here:
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  32. #5632
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I think I have a Vocation

    I think I actually do! Like, as of today! ...

    [blah, blah, edited it out]

    ... I really think I want to start learning all I can right now about what to do to head in that direction. Sooner than later!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  33. #5633
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ... [edited out]...

    Title page to this program says: "A Greater Calling Deserves a Greater Education"...hooo boy...

    editing to add.. usually takes 6 years ... "fulltime students can complete the degree in 3 - 3.5 years..." I was hoping or 1-2!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:55 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  34. #5634
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I am just feeling lately a desire to be of use in my life. I thought vocation as a counselor would be it. I guess I need to pray: God, help me be of use....

    A sort of vocation crisis I am in...

    ____________________________

    But probably this is the wrong place to write about my vocational crisis as it feels like no one reads this and of course no one is obliged to. I see Andreas thanked me it the last hour for this post, so thanks Andreas, for reading. At any rate, i am just impatient, I suppose, but no response makes me feel like no one cares. But I do have people in my life who do care, one or two or three, who would read it and comment. So I am running my thoughts by one of those. So I am taking it off here. Yes it does seem like I am suddenly at a crossroads with unsureness what to do, where to go, and that is a natural season of life, and I have found a tool for that already. I take a silent retreat at a monastery. So I will find a monastery around here and do that sometime this month or next, because they are everywhere...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  35. #5635
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,105
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

    Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.
    Oh, sweet Eliza.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  36. #5636
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,532
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Oh, sweet Eliza.
    Thanks, Minde. Last weekend was my aunt's Memorial. I through drove a 12 lane highway to get there (huge north part of Jersey turnpike). TWELVE LANES! Then, on the return trip, my GPS had FORCED us onto the George Washington Bridge in NYC in spite of much planning and programming to avoid it. How stressful! Apparently you have to do intensive planing to avoid it. To add insult to injury, tolls across the whole state of NJ came to $13, but we had to pay $15 to cross that horrible jammed bridge the GPS would not allow us to avoid. : ( Researching online, it appears that ALL brands of GPS' try to force you onto that bridge if you are anywhere near it. I must find a tricky way to override my GPS next time. GWB must give kickbacks to GPS companies.

    I met many of my cousin's nice friends and their wives on the Memorial weekend. He had such nice friends - what a tribute to him and to his mother. One woman I was particularly enjoying talking to about faith, as my cousin had told her I was also Catholic, so she approached me about that. We shared our joy in that, and then, later, she told me that she was mourning her son - he committed suicide only a few days more than two months before. He was 15, and one of her five children... and she showed me a picture of his wonderful, smiling face - not at all looking like a suicide-person - but, come to think of it, none of those I know of who did this looked like a "suicide person", either. It was a shock, no hint of such trouble. She made a mention of cleaning up blood. : ( Yes, "We fight not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities". She tells me her whole family is one big sore right now. I promised to pray, for her, and for her whole family as she asked. I feel so poor in my prayer for this terrible thing. But I ask our Blessed Mother to pray with her perfect loving heart. It assures me that my poor prayers have help. And I wonder, what has helped you most in this time since your loss?
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-21-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I had the wrong age for the young man
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  37. #5637
    Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Posts
    8,955
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I reeaaalllyyyy like her. Is she a Delta type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    This doesn't take a grain of salt, it takes a: BIG ASS SALTY ASS FREAKING ASS GAY MOUNTAIN!

  38. #5638
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My page

    IMG_5444.PNG

    And a minute later

    IMG_5447.PNG

  39. #5639
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am dealing with idiot colleagues, I am waiting to resolve a health scare, and I sliced off an edge of my thumb, but I am in love and happy as a clam. I live on the edge.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  40. #5640
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,105
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    And I wonder, what has helped you most in this time since your loss?
    Relationships, without a doubt. You know how trees in forests are interconnected and share resources with each other? That's how I have felt at times - like one of my own limbs was sawed off, but the community of individuals around me sent of their own strength in big or small parts to nourish and uplift me.

    That is so sad about the young man.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •