Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII-Fi 1w9 sp/so
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ all Deltas
    You will burn and you will burn out; you will be healed and come back again.
    — Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Omg I have such mixed feelings about opossums...
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg. In socionic term, I'm accumulating SHIT.

I mean, Ive come to love a track on soundcloud.

At this moment, I'm beginning to do real stuff on music making, not just being experimental about stuff. Ive writed on paper some track I wan't to compose then, for some, release. One track Ive writed is a bit in the vein of the omen track, so naturally, I contacted him if he was okay to release his track on vinyl with mine. we spoke a bit, and quickly, the subject of money come. I wasn't ready, I was thinking doing only a "friend release", 100 ex, facebook distribution. He aim over that, traditionnal way of distributing (toolbox records for ex). He said it's possible to make money if I make a killer track.
    omg omg STRESS.

It happen that the guy is my conflictor (Ive seen discussion, photo, facebook profile).

The first record I will release will be with my conflictor.

Socionic fail.

:'(

PS : if there is someone who can say if the speech make sense on my first track (nothing too technical, only introducing my world) :

https://soundcloud.com/zattwaks/no_id-introduction

Ive cutted the speech because it's too long for my need but I'm not sure it still mean something it seem's okay ? I'm not english speaker.
    It's a speech from timothy leary.
    Last edited by noaydi; 01-14-2017 at 08:42 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so at the end what's the problem with conflictor relationship
    meeting my conflictor mean I will stop my progression on music even if I just begin to compose ? lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

behold a youtube series called "deltalife" looking at socionics

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jWi8GXV1fTQGka

so far i've talked to a probably EII (ep 3) and definite IEE (episode 2 and 4)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random video from the series

lots of ne te
    less ni ti
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Have you considered IEE?
    Ive had a ISTp girlfriend for 9 years, and, magical, the very positive aspect I retain from this activator relationshit is amazement/attraction toward tiny things, various animals and stuff
    Last edited by noaydi; 01-24-2017 at 01:50 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 378
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Chae; 01-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    "The ENFp outlaw lives in the world of "chaos" meaning that he doesn't get surprised by the mayhem he causes or has to deal with in order to accomplish the goal of staying alive. Unlike the strong Si types who notice every tiny detail of pre-conceived madness, he will quite happily do whatever his experimental intuition dictates to survive even if he has to use himself as a "guinea pig" in the process. [...] Strong Ne types like the ENFp outlaw tend to make serendipitous discoveries like finding a creative way of defying death where others would have died if they stuck to "the rules". The long range vision of Ne with a drug-induced short-range Si tactical foreplay reveals the true nature of one's methodical madness i.e. using chaos to stabilize the chaos." x

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default previously. he died with a felafel

felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I was never good at following prescribed dating rules nor expectations. But it also took me years to become more upfront and blunt about what i wanted..having kissed too many toads!! My advice would be to figure out the minimum you would like from this guy, and then ask him for it. Like "hey, I like you and am attracted to you. I'd like to spend more time with you when our schedules permit. Or get to know you better via phone/text/email. Are you interested?" Or such. Beware wording that might give off a 'I'm willing to just be your fuck buddy', unless that is part of the minimum of course.

The worst that can happen is he rejects the minimum and doesn't offer a counter minimum. Or you both have some great booty call sex. At least then you will have a better idea of what he wants from you, which will bring less anxiety. You'll also know sooner if you are wasting time/energy worrying about what might happen next.
    Hi Ann, how are you?

I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

Hope everyone is doing well

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!

Hi Ann, how are you?

I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

Hope everyone is doing well
    Hi Delilah.
    I'm doing pretty well. Battling raccoons, a couple of bully chickens, my clutter (final battle, the rest would be skirmishes), and my avoidance of more concrete language. Embracing (or at least accepting more deeply) where I'm at, and how I am. And pursuing my life...finally.

I'm sorry about your separation. Seeing potential, yet losing it. The state of one foot in with one foot out. I can imagine how relieving (even if still a bit sorrowful) making the final cut or burning the final bridge can be. May you find/attract what you want from life, and who'd be compatible and bring joy to your life.

Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so weird out by things that seem definitive, I mean, I am too young for that, I am 23. I want the life to be a wandering adventure or some bullshit like that, but it doesn't work for me for some reason.... ah, crap.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For years I used to do yoga exercises then, suddenly, I stopped one day and went back to swimming, childhood comforts. I learned how to swim from the guys because I could clearly see the cut of the work, compared to the girls, who had much more flare and style and confused my sense of learning by imitation as a child.

here's one for the past:

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    1- ...my avoidance of more concrete language.

2- Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    tell me more about #1 and should I worry about #2?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah, no need to worry about #2. It's kind of fun though guessing.

#1 has to do with my attempts to get back into fiction writing. My biggest issue, which I've had forever, has been writing descriptions of settings and character, and the more concrete actions that give clues to mood etc. I'm forcing myself to write even just 3 sentences a day (up from one). There's like an internal struggle, where part of me gets angry that I'm having to pay attention to these kinds of things, and another part scolding myself that it's just 3 simple sentences. This practice is separate from a short story I'm writing. Each day I force myself to come up with concrete objects that the character (a momma raccoon) would come across in a particular scene. As well as active verbs related to that object, as in words that would describe what the object is doing.

A pathetic example of practicing the first part, but the best I created last week...
    The topic sentence given was "The room was messy."
    Books piled on the shelves, while stacks of notes peaked out of each nook and cranny. Sacks of sunflower seeds, cracked corn, oyster chips, and chicken feed leaned against the wall and each other. Seeds spilling onto the floor. Work boots, mudruckers, walking shoes, and slippers lay within tripping distance of unsuspecting visitors.

It reads so childish in effort, and not the fun kind of childish,
    But, hopefully practice will help me improve this skill.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck
    I'll be on the lookout for a message from you.
    But no pressure. If you have more important/interesting things on your mind, those obviously take higher priority.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on cheating on my now ex-husband:devastating, no, worse, atrocious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi felafel, welcome back. So sorry about your ex cheating on you.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi maritsa

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eliza, my deepest condolences go to you and your family.
    A person who departs from this earth never truly leaves, because they live on in the hearts and minds of those who loved them, and in the evidence of the good deeds that they did while they were on this earth, while they, themselves, are in a better, more perfect place.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    Eliza, not so long ago I lost mine, a wonderful parent to me, they remain irreplaceable!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd typed The Apprentice UK season 5 winner as IEE. Anyone's watched it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series5/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    "Baby Missiles"

I'm on the back of a new belief
    And on the back of a new belief
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah, he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

He was a part of the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend dies all alone
    Yeah, just up and down like a new Jack Tone

Yeah, you want to talk about going down
    Yeah, you'd rather make a young man proud
    You should have seen all the rattling in my brain

And in the wake of a northeast bus
    I came on my back like a northeast perch
    You should have seen all the rattling in my way

Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

I was alive on the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

He wanna leave but he don't know how
    He want to try but he don't know why
    He's going to lean on the back of me
    Like a slide on the back of b-b-belief

Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy was compelled to draw my face once and what came out of it was, well, my skull.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to post this here, general lounging.

(something's up with the video, but at least sound aokay.)

Here the snow has started melting.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK... There's so much in the profile of EIIs that I totally do not relate to so I sometimes think I might be an IEI after all but then there's a part of me that wants to run aways screaming from all the Se 4D types and Fe isn't any less annoying for me tbh.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI Uncovered

Whether it is cleaning the house out of cockroaches or a personal problem, SLI approach every situation with same methods; An unhappy SLI is a nasty sight, better start counting your losses and abandon ship, not that this will stop them, they want to make something real, they 'want to make a jazz record'.

Yet, time....time....so low and behold and the remarkable robust infrastructure will start giving way, will fall apart. But don't busy yourself feeling guilty at the sight of it for they have no regrets:

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gerrymandering" - what an unusual word, do people like use this daily you heard it(?) I've only seen it written.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I missed post

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

(Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 02-17-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

(Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.
    I agree! But he got an exceptional calling here, and rose to it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The LSE is a little boy

There was a thread on caregivers being infantile, what reminded me:

The LSE is a little boy who has no idea what to do with information but access it involuntarily if accessible. Do not leave information on the table for the little
    boy to choke on. And even if the LSE is a mature woman she is still a little boy unaware of information-choking hazards.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there's a thread on music but felt like this belonged here:
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think I have a Vocation

I think I actually do! Like, as of today! ...

[blah, blah, edited it out]

... I really think I want to start learning all I can right now about what to do to head in that direction. Sooner than later!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... [edited out]...

Title page to this program says: "A Greater Calling Deserves a Greater Education"...hooo boy...

editing to add.. usually takes 6 years ... "fulltime students can complete the degree in 3 - 3.5 years..." I was hoping or 1-2!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:55 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am just feeling lately a desire to be of use in my life. I thought vocation as a counselor would be it. I guess I need to pray: God, help me be of use....

A sort of vocation crisis I am in...

But probably this is the wrong place to write about my vocational crisis as it feels like no one reads this and of course no one is obliged to. I see Andreas thanked me it the last hour for this post, so thanks Andreas, for reading. At any rate, i am just impatient, I suppose, but no response makes me feel like no one cares. But I do have people in my life who do care, one or two or three, who would read it and comment. So I am running my thoughts by one of those. So I am taking it off here. Yes it does seem like I am suddenly at a crossroads with unsureness what to do, where to go, and that is a natural season of life, and I have found a tool for that already. I take a silent retreat at a monastery. So I will find a monastery around here and do that sometime this month or next, because they are everywhere...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, sweet Eliza.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom