Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 6020

Thread: Delta Lounge

  1. #81
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I have a question, if any Delta's care to answer, about whether you see yourself as a shallow individual. As in, are you satisfied with just knowing the superficial aspect of an entity, or do you like to dig deeper? Do people accuse you of being too 'light'?
    People who know me little or I keep at certain distance (like co-workers) think I am shallow, "light". People who know me well or women who I like usually think I am of searching type, digging deeper. How I perceive myself is that I really am not of the shallow type, however who would see himself as shallow? No-one probably. I'm not bothered by most things, so in that context maybe I am shallow. Also I quickly bored with new people/relationships, once I get to know them I loose interest and just go from inertia for a while, so it is one more point for shallow. All in all though, going from one thing to another is not my intent, it just how it plays out since I get bored. Going from person to person makes me feel bad, however I understand that it is inevitable until I find someone that, I dunno, fits me?, as trying to force myself, thinking that things will get better and I just need patience, does not work. This last aspect of my character makes me feel terrible and I wish I didn't have it. Also people never seem to understand why I stay friends with all women in my life and they try to search for motives of why I would do that and fail miserably, keeping connections with past lovers for me is not due to a reason but a reason in itself, I just don't see myself acting any other way without good reason (to avoid hurting people would be the reason I have in mind).

    [/Random rambling]

    Sorry, what was that you were asking?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  2. #82
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,129
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, I quite like it.

    I have a question, if any Delta's care to answer, about whether you see yourself as a shallow individual. As in, are you satisfied with just knowing the superficial aspect of an entity, or do you like to dig deeper? Do people accuse you of being too 'light'?

    Oh, I'm not sure if I make any sense.
    I don't really understand what you're asking, no. I'll try to answer, though.

    I do not really consider myself a shallow individual, and I can't recall anybody in particular who has called me such.

    Sometimes I'm satisfied knowing a limited amount about something or someone. Other times I like to dig deeper and find out more. Often I don't really want to know more about people because I don't want to have to deal with their burdens. I suppose that could be considered shallow.



    ...

    I have my own random contribution to this thread:

    A 90 year old example of forced perspective photography



    It makes me go O.o
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  3. #83
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Haha, Minde, that's pretty awesome.

    I've noticed Delta has a lot more life in it at the moment. That's kinda cool, actually. Isha's theory is that there's more active Deltas around, but I'm not sure. Most of the stir seems to be around a bunch of IEEs complaining about their duals

    I also realized the Ishablog might not be as amusing for everyone else as it is for me. I think we've well and truly developed the "smile for no reason" dual dynamic.

    Which, on an unrelated note, makes me wonder how Ne help and Si help can happen simultaneously. If Si is "Get the Ne base out of their minds and enjoying the present moment" and Ne is "understanding and formulating your interests and understanding potentials", then, actually, how is Ne enjoyable for Si? As I'm writing this, I'm thinking... there's a difference between "Super-Id fun" and "Super-Id assistance". Maybe I'm just lucky as a Ne base that the two are the same for me Or maybe Rick missed the mark: he described Si "fun", whereas Si "help" is stuff like helping me not kill myself with toxic mold and screwy sleep routines (or something?) In that case, Ne "fun" is probably making lots of references, using lightning-quick wit (see the Davelogs, chat snippets from another SLI friend of mine), etc.

    I think there's also a lot of HA usage, too. I probably won't elaborate on this, but I might well. The basic kind of ideas I'm thinking of: SiFi, SiTe, NeFi, and NeTe, what do they look like? How are they different?

    I'm kind of interested in further analyzing Isha and Gul's !!EPIC DUALITY!!, but I'm probably not going to run into another mentally active state like this for a while. Brain-rotting holidays F.T.W.

    Post filled with random thoughts. I wanna be able to make more Laconic Huxley vids, damnit!

    Oh, and speaking of which, I'm thinking about the format. One definite change is I'll be equipped with my own webcam (Isha's recording software is bust) so we can upload single long episodes to Vimeo (which I might cut into chapters and release under my own account... but this part is brainstorming )

    Another possible option is making vodcasts, or just regular podcasts. The latter option would be less bandwidth-intensive for the audience, but it might have a lesser cuteness carrying capacity, and I don't know if my attention-whoring ways could cope with that

    EDIT

    Also, my hard drive recently died, so I've been whoring web radio, and thus have plenty of material for extending my trance playlist on YouTube! Exciting!

  4. #84
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Non-frustrating gameplay.
    Lego Racers is by far the most frustrating game on N64

  5. #85
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Fair enough. I was kinda thinking of the newer Lego games when I wrote that.

    Heh, I remember playing Lego Island Adventure or something about ten years ago. I never had any idea how to play, and the manual made me feel really bad about that. It was directed at the parents: "Just ask your kids how to play. They know how to have an adventure."

  6. #86
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,129
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Fair enough. I was kinda thinking of the newer Lego games when I wrote that.

    Heh, I remember playing Lego Island Adventure or something about ten years ago. I never had any idea how to play, and the manual made me feel really bad about that. It was directed at the parents: "Just ask your kids how to play. They know how to have an adventure."
    That makes me kind of sad. Grownups can know how to have adventures, too.



    On another note, an ENFp friend made this, which he called "a 'thought-umentary,' something like a creative essay put to film."




    I thought it had a Delta NF feel to it, in a contemplative sort of way.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  7. #87
    jaZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    That makes me kind of sad. Grownups can know how to have adventures, too.



    On another note, an ENFp friend made this, which he called "a 'thought-umentary,' something like a creative essay put to film."

    YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.


    I thought it had a Delta NF feel to it, in a contemplative sort of way.
    Haha, the dictionary part probably was. Failure attempt at putting a label on everything .
    Feels gewd to be an ISTp

  8. #88
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Fair enough. I was kinda thinking of the newer Lego games when I wrote that.
    Ah yeah, I played Lego Indiana Jones about a year ago. Most of it was pretty simple.

  9. #89
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I have my own random contribution to this thread:

    A 90 year old example of forced perspective photography



    It makes me go O.o
    That always amazes me, the amount of patience and coordination that has to go into doing something like that...
    There's a bunch of mass human formation photographs here if you haven't seen them yet, the one you posted is included 15 Extraordinary Mass Human Formations - Oddee.com (mass photography, mass human formations...)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  10. #90
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,129
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    That always amazes me, the amount of patience and coordination that has to go into doing something like that...
    There's a bunch of mass human formation photographs here if you haven't seen them yet, the one you posted is included 15 Extraordinary Mass Human Formations - Oddee.com (mass photography, mass human formations...)
    Thanks, Marie, that's a great link. What's particularly amazing to me is how they did that with the relatively small amount of technology they had back then. For example, no computer to lay out the plans, no walkie-talkies to say "Hey, you in the blue, 330 from the left, move over a foot to the right!" Anyway, I guess I'm easily amused sometimes, haha.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  11. #91
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have any of you seen the animated movie Watership Down when you were a kid? I saw it a few days ago, and it looks like it would traumatize kids. It's a great movie though.

  12. #92
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just realized when I asked my initial question, I sounded a little whiny. I apologize for that. I also delayed my response in hopes that more people will answer, but this will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I've been accused of being shallow and of being too intense. So um. I don't know. All of the above?
    Fair enough. Being considered "shallow" and "intense" is really influenced by the person evaluating you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall
    People who know me little or I keep at certain distance (like co-workers) think I am shallow, "light". People who know me well or women who I like usually think I am of searching type, digging deeper. How I perceive myself is that I really am not of the shallow type, however who would see himself as shallow? No-one probably. I'm not bothered by most things, so in that context maybe I am shallow. Also I quickly bored with new people/relationships, once I get to know them I loose interest and just go from inertia for a while, so it is one more point for shallow. All in all though, going from one thing to another is not my intent, it just how it plays out since I get bored. Going from person to person makes me feel bad, however I understand that it is inevitable until I find someone that, I dunno, fits me?, as trying to force myself, thinking that things will get better and I just need patience, does not work. This last aspect of my character makes me feel terrible and I wish I didn't have it. Also people never seem to understand why I stay friends with all women in my life and they try to search for motives of why I would do that and fail miserably, keeping connections with past lovers for me is not due to a reason but a reason in itself, I just don't see myself acting any other way without good reason (to avoid hurting people would be the reason I have in mind).
    Everybody has shallow aspects, I think. And, I don't think what you described makes you necessarily shallow, but that you're searching and wandering. Everybody pursues happiness. In regards to doing something as a reason itself, it may not be particularly "profound" but it's much better (and honest) than having a contrived reason.

    You answered my question, thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    I don't really understand what you're asking, no. I'll try to answer, though.

    I do not really consider myself a shallow individual, and I can't recall anybody in particular who has called me such.

    Sometimes I'm satisfied knowing a limited amount about something or someone. Other times I like to dig deeper and find out more. Often I don't really want to know more about people because I don't want to have to deal with their burdens. I suppose that could be considered shallow.
    Thanks for responding. I can see why you don't understand the question because I find the accusation quite baffling as well. I am essentially on the same wavelength as you, in that, people have yet to accuse of being shallow (though I wonder if I actually am, from time to time).

    Ssmall is right in that nobody readily considers themselves shallow, so the question is somewhat flawed. It seems people have trouble realizing how much a way a word is defined is dependent on who defines it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon
    I've noticed Delta has a lot more life in it at the moment. That's kinda cool, actually. Isha's theory is that there's more active Deltas around, but I'm not sure.
    I think the reason there is more Delta activity is because the Delta subforum is really the only real "safe" haven for us. I find the rest of the forum a bit too hostile (it also seems Alpha is rather quiet outside the Alpha subforum). Marie84 mentioned in another thread that some EIIs may not speak due to this very reason, and that rings true for me.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  13. #93
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thanks, Marie, that's a great link. What's particularly amazing to me is how they did that with the relatively small amount of technology they had back then. For example, no computer to lay out the plans, no walkie-talkies to say "Hey, you in the blue, 330 from the left, move over a foot to the right!" Anyway, I guess I'm easily amused sometimes, haha.
    Agreed
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #94
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I responded to this earlier but it doesn't seem to have went through...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, I quite like it.

    I have a question, if any Delta's care to answer, about whether you see yourself as a shallow individual. As in, are you satisfied with just knowing the superficial aspect of an entity, or do you like to dig deeper? Do people accuse you of being too 'light'?

    Oh, I'm not sure if I make any sense.
    I've generally not been accused of being too light. Save for trivial things, like celebrities and some pop culture that I don't really care about. I don't spend a lot of time with random trivia or "fun facts" that seem to be amazing to other people.

    I'm increasingly not "light' when it comes to things I'm interested in.


    I just had a few great conversations with a friend of mine, who I'm suspecting to be a male EII at this time. It seems to have a very delta nature to it, not that emotionally engaging, and taking turns talking in depth about things (politics, international relations kinds of things). And he seems to have, hmm.... the "delta openmindedness" or "delta objectivity", which is nice. But it seems to be enough for us to enjoy talking to each other, which is cool, as there is no focus on anything that, imo, I consider extraneous (like trying to make things unnecessarily entertaining or LOUD AND AMAZING).




    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I think the reason there is more Delta activity is because the Delta subforum is really the only real "safe" haven for us. I find the rest of the forum a bit too hostile (it also seems Alpha is rather quiet outside the Alpha subforum). Marie84 mentioned in another thread that some EIIs may not speak due to this very reason, and that rings true for me.
    I think that is a very good way to think about the situation.

    ....(that's kind of why I wanted to start a thread here that was more 'chatty', but still with the delta environment).
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #95
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Feedback please!

    So, I'm thinking about trying to set up something here on the forum. IDK if it would be a thread, or what. The working title is "What (Delta) STs should know about (Delta) NFs".

    I'm not sure about the overall orientation of things. Part of me feels it should be particularly about men relating to women, because I think men are generally not so great at it and can use tips/advice. But IDK if it should just be about men, and should it be NF and ST men, or should it just be ST men vs NF women. Obviously what comes to my mind most readily is delta ST men and their relations to delta NF women, but, IDK if that would be a good focus for the whole 'project'.

    I was thinking of making a compilation.
    It's things like this
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/588891-post17.html
    That are very important to understand, and, although I was 'aware' of it for a long time, I didn't understand exactly how that works, and how it actually isn't something to just shrug off.


    Since we talk so much about relationships anyways, it might be useful, or possibly constructive. But again, I"m not sure about the focus of it - Should it just be something like "What delta NF women wish their delta ST men knew/understood about them"? Or more broad?


    I'm not sure.
    So that's why I brought it up here to see what people in the quadra thought. I could do it myself, for myself, by myself, but, I figured I'd mention it here first to see what people said.


    Feedback s'il vous plait!
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #96
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's a good idea, but I won't be able to contribute, really.

  17. #97
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's supposed to snow sometime tomorrow in Sacramento. Prety rare sight. I certainly hope so... because my ass is freezing and it would take MORE to make snow come?

  18. #98
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently there was big snow in the south, the most this early or something like that. Anyone live down there?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #99
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Narrator: IN AD TWENTY-ZERO-GUL, AWESOMENESS WAS ENSUING
    *sploding noises*
    Isha: WHAT HAPPEN?
    Dave: SOMEONE SET UP US THE BOMB
    Gilly: WE GET SIGNAL
    Isha: WHAT!
    Gilly: MAIN SCREEN TURN ON
    Isha: IT'S YOU !!
    GULS: HOW ARE YOU SLIs !!
    GULS: ALL YOUR DUALS ARE BELONG TO US
    GULS: YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.
    Isha: WHAT YOU SAY !!
    GULS: YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO RESIST MAKE YOUR BAGS.
    GULS: HA HA HA ....
    Gilly: Isha !!
    Isha: TAKE OFF EVERY 'Barbeque'!!
    Isha: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING.
    Isha: MOVE 'Barbeque'.
    Isha: FOR GREAT DELICIOUSNESS

  20. #100
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not exactly lolcats......


    IzTkaniRukami (•_•) the cats


    Stirlitz - Dostoyevsky


    Huxley - [Gaben]
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #101
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Haha, that is too cute! The LSE one is the best, imo.

    EDIT

    They're all spot-on and adorable though. :redface:

  22. #102
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It looks rather sharp, imo. I'm considering making it my avatar...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  23. #103
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Feedback please!

    So, I'm thinking about trying to set up something here on the forum. IDK if it would be a thread, or what. The working title is "What (Delta) STs should know about (Delta) NFs".

    I'm not sure about the overall orientation of things. Part of me feels it should be particularly about men relating to women, because I think men are generally not so great at it and can use tips/advice. But IDK if it should just be about men, and should it be NF and ST men, or should it just be ST men vs NF women. Obviously what comes to my mind most readily is delta ST men and their relations to delta NF women, but, IDK if that would be a good focus for the whole 'project'.

    I was thinking of making a compilation.
    It's things like this
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/588891-post17.html
    That are very important to understand, and, although I was 'aware' of it for a long time, I didn't understand exactly how that works, and how it actually isn't something to just shrug off.


    Since we talk so much about relationships anyways, it might be useful, or possibly constructive. But again, I"m not sure about the focus of it - Should it just be something like "What delta NF women wish their delta ST men knew/understood about them"? Or more broad?


    I'm not sure.
    So that's why I brought it up here to see what people in the quadra thought. I could do it myself, for myself, by myself, but, I figured I'd mention it here first to see what people said.


    Feedback s'il vous plait!
    You should do it
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  24. #104
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thanks, Marie, that's a great link. What's particularly amazing to me is how they did that with the relatively small amount of technology they had back then. For example, no computer to lay out the plans, no walkie-talkies to say "Hey, you in the blue, 330 from the left, move over a foot to the right!" Anyway, I guess I'm easily amused sometimes, haha.
    Indeed, you have to wonder how exactly the knew where to place people and how many people for each colored clothes and such
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  25. #105
    Creepy-male

    Default



    Never enuff dakka duals.

  26. #106

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    those cats are awesome!! I Love the IEE one, but all of them are great. I love that SLI is holding a pillow too! They're all perfect.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  27. #107
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Heh, I thought the SLIs were holding a pincushion, since they're "The Craftsman". But pillow works equally well for "Sleepy-Lazy Introvert"

  28. #108
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the SLI one was doing needlepoint or something.

    But yeah I like the LII and ESI ones the best.
    Last edited by Galen; 12-08-2009 at 01:43 AM.

  29. #109
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    big country - delta?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  30. #110
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,397
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ENTp should have been a silly knight. The windmill is a nice reference, but you could see they copped out with the Ne symbol.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  31. #111
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

    Stirlitz - Dostoyevsky


    Huxley - [Gaben][/CENTER]
    The Aristocats!

  32. #112
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE cat is brilliant

    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  33. #113
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just saw this on CNN but I'll try to find a real video/article


    this woman rushed out of her car to defend a policeman who was being attacked by someone, and broke up the fight/saved him. And, she was nine months pregnant at the same time.

    that's pretty badass.

    Must be an LSE
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  34. #114
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Must be an LSE
    :|

  35. #115

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I just saw this on CNN but I'll try to find a real video/article


    this woman rushed out of her car to defend a policeman who was being attacked by someone, and broke up the fight/saved him. And, she was nine months pregnant at the same time.

    that's pretty badass.

    Must be an LSE
    wow! I guess you could say it's bad since she's pregnant, but I'm impressed. gutsy!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  36. #116
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    20 seconds into it.....
    Remind anyone of FF8 music? In that main city, uhhh, forgot the name of it. Where the gate is and Rinoa's dad works, etc...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  37. #117
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been thinking lately. If I thought I was Beta (as I once did), would I be accepted?

    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  38. #118
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure.

    You don't particularly exude Fe valuing. And they may say you are boring, but i don't know.

    Do you want to talk about why you thought you were beta?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  39. #119
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,851
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was talking to someone about SLI/IEE and I noticed something: here, in this duality description

    The Psychologist very much needs a caring partner and finds relaxation for his emotional and restless soul in the 'quiet haven' of a friend, who is constant in his words and deeds, reliable and faithful. The Craftsman creates convenience and comfort for The Psychologist, who is not much adapted to the real life, thus giving him the opportunity to focus on spiritual and intellectual values, generate new ideas, which will bring the taste of novelty into their common affairs.
    In a way, I see that as something I'm supposed to do, too. Or perhaps in general, how the STs endeavor to do their part for NFs.

    There has to be security before art can flourish, and if you are starving it is difficult to have deep thoughts. Not just that, but then the maintenance of it, and development of it, so more humane and 'enlightened' qualities can permeate through the actual working of things.


    Providing the opportunity for spiritual and intellectual growth is very significant. (And so is participating in that growth...)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #120
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I'm not sure.

    You don't particularly exude Fe valuing. And they may say you are boring, but i don't know.

    Do you want to talk about why you thought you were beta?


    I'm fairly certain I am not Beta. I was really just musing a possibility and seeing how it will play out, that's all. I imagine that it would be a huge struggle to "prove" myself and other rites of passage I'm not going to get into.

    I initially thought I was INFp/IEI, more than Beta. I introduced myself in that quadra and the welcome was very kind and fun (it was just a more accepting atmosphere then). Some felt I was similar to Transigient, who at the time typed himself IEI (I'm fairly certain he has resorted to ILE now). It may be of some interest that, in the brief time when I appeared in the IRC chatroom, LII and LIE were the types deemed most likely mine. What I found bizarre is that I didn't say much at all and types were being proposed anyway (which is still a problem to this day).


    Nonetheless, as the16types was beginning to become more Beta-oriented, particularly in the era of "Quadra moods", I found myself unable to relate to them and their collective behaviour. It was endearing but foreign. The forum orientation has gone through all four quadras, actually, with Delta hegemony being the most brief and occuring only once.

    Oh dear, I'm giving a little history lesson of the16types through personal experience. Perhaps not the place to do so.

    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •