Page 149 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,960 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Hi everyone!

I went off the radar for awhile, but I wanted to share with you all! We gave birth to little Evelyn Shae on Wednesday! We are both healthy and doing well!! She was 9 lb 1oz, and came with more hair than I’ve ever seen on a baby before! (Makes all the heartburn worthwhile!!)

I never could have imagined the love and joy we are experiencing now as we learn about her and watch her grow.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

https://imgur.com/a/0RilYhK

https://imgur.com/a/iXIPuZm
    Woohoo! Yay! She's so precious!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    do you feel supervised by Sol Delilah? it doesn't seem like it from the outside, but how does it feel from your point of view? I realize most people don't like to "admit weakness" of such a thing because they're into power games, but tell us how you really feel
    Nope, i consider him a goof with whom i don't think it's worth communicating much. He also doesn't seem to bring anything on the debate table. I just don't think he is worth my time honestly. meh

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only thing I want to know is how did he die with a Felafel? @Delilah
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    The only thing I want to know is how did he die with a Felafel? @Delilah
    :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Die...is_Hand_(film)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

During using Internet I got an advertising of a product I wanted to buy in some past, but this needed to order it from China and I was lazy to create new bank card for Internet transmissions, as to use the normal cards for Internet is not good idea. Now the site said it's kind of a firm situated in my town and selling this product.
    The site very recommended to make a phone call before coming for the product. The argument was it needed to check is the product available in a storehouse. The site looked just like a normal shop site. As I understood they'd got my phone (and as the phones numbers are registered by passports - the main my data) and by some reasons I'd prefer they did not got it, this demand of the phone was slightly suspicious.
    My town has working public coin-box telephones, so I decided to use them at first. When I came to the office which should to sell cards to use that phones, they said - nop, we do not sell those cards anymore.
    Ok. Plan B was to come to the firm's address and to buy or make the order just on place. By the address I've found the 5-floor multiflat house which stayed in a cute place near a park. I've thought the firm mb situated somewhere on the 1st floor so I made a round near that house to find the entrance to some shop. I've found nothing. It was just ordinary living building without any signes of firms in it.
    The final possibility to buy something was to make the phone call (and technically to give with it my name and address). I've accepted this. Some man have answered to me and said - yeah, the needed product exists. On my remark that I did not found any firms by the address on the site, he said that "I just live there". I've asked where and when to come to make the buy. He said that I may to come to one of the entrances of that building where he lives, to make him a phone call and he'll come out to me from his flat. It all looked like buying at smuggler, lol
    I came to the living building again at evening, made a call and the dude has come out from the house's entrance with the product. I checked it. There were not significant issues, which should not affect the use. So I bought it for the asked price.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Nope, i consider him a goof with whom i don't think it's worth communicating much.
    So the one who has far more qualification in the subject and disagrees with your noobish opinion there is just a fool for you.
    The example of Fe types's brainlessness and rudeness. Your rejecting of my Te thinking style is also the sign of Fe type and your bad IR with me.

You are not enough reasonable and polite for Fi, more to say base Fi. You give me the aversion. Like goofs with Fe types generally are in my peception. SEI is the most possible for you, lesser other Fe types. But to understand my opinion you should be lesser goof.

> He also doesn't seem to bring anything on the debate table.

I said the arguments against your possibility to be base Fi before. They were enough for your doubts and you seems have got them as instead of wrong ESI in the profile have written now "EXI/IEE" what though still has no of your possible types.

I pointed you that your disgusting communication and thinking is against what Fi types should to give to my type. Pointed that to understand that your type is other you may to use IR. Pointed that you may use for this my types examples. I offered you to give video as it adds nonverbal which is useful for the typing.
    I gave you useful info to understand your type better and to help you to understand own type. You used it by the fact of the changing type in the profile. But you ungratefully lie like I said nothing useful for you.

I do not see the sense in serious debating with the ones like you by my speculations against yours, taking into account the speculativity of this as there are no objective typing methods (and some like nonverbal are important but much intuitive and can't be explained clearly by words), the lack of my interest to this laborious process with you, due to your low competence in the typology so you'd could to understood my arguments correctly.
    Significant "debates" with you would be mostly playing by the words to assure you in some speculation. After what you'd could to get "debates" with other one or to think by yourself to come to other opinion - due to your low understanding of the typology.
    Meanwhile to understand correctly your type sometimes, at least that it's Fe and the nonsense to assume it as "EXI/IEE", - you are able by own thinking, including by IR.

Now I wish you to think more to become lesser goof and to understand what I've said you about your type. Just think more and yourself. There is no other good way.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI". I mean, I guess I can understand that but it seems to lack nuance--I feel like that situation might occur in regard to a variety of types not just SEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI"
    I said about her _Fe_, where her inadequate negativism to my opinion (expressed by Te mostly) was _one of factors_ supporting this opinion

may the reality be with you

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what
    reality, at least

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion is not fact.

I've noticed Delta STs can forget that sometimes. Well, everyone does to an extent, but I've noticed it regularly in them, maybe because I watch them. In calm moments of rational and emotionally happy discussion, they will almost always agree that conceptually they are two separate things. But in the heat of unpleasantness or relational conflict they can get quite stubborn and insist that their opinions are as factual as anything can be and if the world doesn't agree then the disagreeable parties are wrong / stupid / foolish / possibly evil. The STs are a little less certain on the evil part, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Gamma NTs can get like that, too, but not as much or in the same way.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI". I mean, I guess I can understand that but it seems to lack nuance--I feel like that situation might occur in regard to a variety of types not just SEI
    My impression is that Sol uses his subjective evaluation. Which he takes to be a form of Fi based Te factuality. And the thing is he is wrong, and his below par use of Fi is offputting.

The thing is most people on this forum don't take him seriously, and sometimes downright ridicule him. I don't think i have stooped to that and have accepted that on occasion he might have something to offer, albeit very little, so i'd say i've given him superior treatment compared to the majority of people on this forum- at least those who have engaged him in any exchange.

Sol prefers to be blind to this, i say, his loss.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you hear that sol? you've been favored and you're being ungrateful

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you hear that sol? you've been favored and you're being ungrateful
    lol bert, well i did feel like i extended him some form of benefit of the doubt which i didn't have to do. It was pure choice: i chose to act so and it wasn't because Sol's contributions and words and actions were something that swayed me in his 'favor' so to speak.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I think Sol just needs to recognize when people aren't his enemy. I think this extends to everyone really (we all misunderstand one another to some degree), but in this case it seems obvious to me that he's raging at the wrong person

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Opinion is not fact.
    You saw the context of my words about the reality where Bertrand have written the evident lie about the said by me. By opposing here, you've stood on the side of the lie. The reality will not change to fit your or his emotions. It's objective. And in this situation you opposed to reality by the evident way. Think is this approach good or better than the accepting the truth. The lie is more risky, in general.

=

Every thought is the opinion. The correct opinions about objective are facts.

> I've noticed Delta STs can forget that sometimes.

delta STs have Te in ego and understand what is facts and which they are - better than not Te types. so generally, when the second ones disagree with them about facts - they mistake

> if the world doesn't agree

concrete humans may do not agree

> then the disagreeable parties are wrong / stupid / foolish / possibly evil

the ones are thought as wrong during disagreement when you are sure in own opinion - not types related
    delta ST are sure in own opinion and hence may think other ones as wrong not only "heat of unpleasantness or relational conflict". so you mislead evidently here

To evaluate how "stupid" are others in the region of your strong function is also easier. T types understand the mistakes and abbilities good in logical regions. Some better than F types, which mix more own emotions to such evaluations.

All people in situations with higher emotions become more preconceived. Nothing else.

the tendency to agree or disagree, to be preconceived due to emotions is more expressed at F types, as they are more emotional and not the reality but emotions is what their consciousness prefers. it's by the classical theory. while to assign this to TS is the nonsense from theory view, as it's the most grounded to objective reality types, especially delta TS

like you got the negative emotions and then said several objectively wrong or inappropriate assertions here or like Bertrand said the evident bs above. or like Delilah says nonsense regularly, could not to make the correct resume from the known facts and holded for the incorrect type previously and now due to hard thinking issues doubts between very different types as own.

like @ooo still thinks herself as EII while it's clear she's not and she recently thought herself as INFP what is IEI - seems she is inclined to EII still because that fits better to her wishes and emotions due to her opinion about dudes in her relations as after I said about this reasons she got strong emotional reaction - the proof that emotions are behind her opinion and doubts are painful for her to the degree to add me in ignore list just for the appropriate logical assumption. emotions are more important for her than reality - the same is for all F types

if you noticed the other regularly - what opposes to classical types theory, then either you mistake about the reality in those questions or mistake about types of those people.
    what you said is baseless heresy
    Last edited by Sol; 06-30-2018 at 06:32 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You saw the context of my words about the reality where Bertrand have written the evident lie about the said by me. By opposing here, you've stood on the side of the lie.
    Hold up, I took no sides. I didn't even mention you, so it's interesting that you'd think I was talking about you. And, anyway, what makes you think I think you're Delta ST? I haven't seen your video yet.

what you said is baseless heresy
    ... FYI, that is not very diplomatic or persuasive.

On the bright side, likely and more or less case in point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Today I've noticed the cortex of the birch in front of the window was seriously harmed by kids. I'd not want that tree would wither, - as it's nice to see it when watching that window. It's a big birch, with a lot of leaves.
    It took ~1 hour to find in Internet how to protect the tree and where to buy the needed things. The complete protection needs more, looks not good and kids may destroy it anyway. I decided to do the partial one. I bought the needed stuff in this evening during my regular walking. When the darkness have come and kids went to their homes, I've taken the stuff and made the protection of the injury to help the tree to survive.

I saw in the past how similar damages have leaded several trees to wither quickly. Though those were bigger as were done intentionally to kill the trees. The neighbour disliked those trees reduced the light coming to his flat. After the trees withered they should being removed by the sevices but those just did nothing (damn capitalism). Until one of those dried trees have droped on a sidewalk where people walk regularly, - no one was harmed fortunally, except one of the cars which stood there and got the minor damage. I saw how that tree droped, - it was low possibly, but I somehow came to the window in that moment and saw this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde great post, resembles my experience with Delta ST.

I had a Delta ST friend, he was a bit self aware and perceptive than other Delta ST I knew, even though we didn't know each other well, he would at least once a week tell me about his relationships problems, it seems I managed to make sense of things to him (with no efforts invested on my part) and the words I said to him had great effect on his life (his words), I was not aware of this thing until after the friendship between us ended and I started to remember those times.

I was also in conflict situation like this with Delta ST once, and oh god... It was as if you're talking to a rock. He thought I was a selfish person for not agreeing with him, I wished so much to be someone else and go and explain to him what happened because he refused to listen to me (thinking I had bad intentions), I can't tell you how many times I tried to explain, each time his vision got clearer (he even admitted it, which is rare as heck) but at the end, it started hurting me and I had to walk away from everything, I didn't want our encounter to be in vain, so at that point when I said "f*** it" in my head, I told him my thoughts with no fear of ruining the relationship and I guess that's what worked.

I think sometimes Delta ST really need that slap in the face to wake up and leave the bubble they created around them and when you're in a relationship with them, so it's not a good idea to get attached to them, because that's not what they need, they need someone who can help them leave that bubble and see clearly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Minde great post, resembles my experience with Delta ST
    great nonsense. especially taking into account the context

if your _regular_ "experience with Delta ST" too give the impression that Te types have hard issues in Te region - type better or think better about the said by those people

the above still is the text which Bertrand evidently have distorted. what I've noticed and got the nonsense arguing from Minde how Te types ignore the reality. the situation is the example of who is right about the reality
    Last edited by Sol; 07-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was pointed out to me in the last few days that how I come across in writing, particularly when engaging with others on controversial subjects, gives a different impression of me than when I communicate in person. More specifically, that I am harsher-seeming and (from what I gathered) more petty online. This is by a person who has seen a relatively small amount of my online presence and has interacted with me quite a lot in person. I am contemplating this / mentally tickled / soul searching.

(No, their comment was not related to anything having to do with this thread or this forum.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

my 6 chakra now
    youtube link

my study on mistakes so to help to others. this also fits to that gotten previously
    youtube link

you may use English auto-subtitles
    Last edited by Sol; 07-17-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your _regular_ "experience with Delta ST" too give the impression that Te types have hard issues in Te region - type better or think better about the said by those people

the above still is the text which Bertrand evidently have distorted. what I've noticed and got the nonsense arguing from Minde how Te types ignore the reality. the situation is the example of who is right about the reality
    It's true from my experience with Delta ST. It is also written in LSE description that they find it hard to say "I'm wrong" or similar sentences... It's not they ignore reality, it is more like they don't want to be in the wrong I guess. I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.
    Guilty as charged...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    It was pointed out to me in the last few days that how I come across in writing, particularly when engaging with others on controversial subjects, gives a different impression of me than when I communicate in person. More specifically, that I am harsher-seeming and (from what I gathered) more petty online. This is by a person who has seen a relatively small amount of my online presence and has interacted with me quite a lot in person. I am contemplating this / mentally tickled / soul searching.

(No, their comment was not related to anything having to do with this thread or this forum.)
    It's the "j" that can make a harshness come across at times, IMO, but I agree, EII are not harsh in person! : )
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking through acting "Alpha", tomorrow evening...

This might be lengthy, perhaps pedantic to some, therefore not of interest to some (or many). I am writing not only for those who may find this interesting, but also to help me think this through.

The topic is that I am reading up on is how to act like an Alpha, in prep of tomorrow evening. We have friends - really, acquaintances, as, the husband is a old friend of my husband - who travel much and have been here twice now, always in the summer, on their way to/from a relative that they see annually, north of here, and we always invite them for dinner as they stop here on the way through (there is an RV park quite near). So this will be a third annual visit now, (they missed last year, having come for the summer dinner visit two years in a row before that. I had just met them, as a newlywed of one year, at that first visit.

We could see them for years this way, and I want to set a precedent or a pattern for this being a very positive annual gathering. It's just one brief dinner & conversation, and I will not stress over it (anyway, an easy goal is to simply keep my own conversation brief as possible while drawing them out to say a lot), but I like the challenge of making it as comfortable and positive for them as I can. The last two visits, I put a lot of thought into cleaning, setting table, and creating a nice meal. That still matters, but I want to direct my thought to the social setting. After the second (and last) visit, while the visit was full of positive conversation and get-to-know-yous, I sensed a slight bit of negativity, discord, and I mean very, very slight, very brief, but, I sense all those things, and when I do I tend to reflect and penetrate deeply in order to know what it is I noticed, and where it is coming from, so I can "correct course". Likewise in the course of conversation I deftly avoid topics that hint at any person's discomfort, doing immediate u-turns and topic-redirection to something amenable whenever needed. I think its type-related that I like to morph and conform and be whatever my interlocutor needs me to be. And I want to do so in this case, with extra thought, and I think Socionics quadra group behavior is a key to best navigate that.

As to meal planning, I just realized an Alpha preference I have seen. Alphas tend to like a meal that is a LOT of different dishes, vs., like, one big casserole, i.e., or maybe vs. my usual company go-to of a simple but marinated and grilled meat, a one fresh veggie dish and the either a potato or a bread offering, and a dessert. Yesterday we ate a fresh zucchini casserole I created that was delicious, and I realize this is not necessarily an Alpha meal, unless it was one of many side dishes in offering. I will have to decide today what the meal will be because my husband will have to do preps tomorrow while I am at an all-day workshop, out of town... I know - I will supplement my offerings with some Thai side-dishes from the nearby place, since I have no time for creative cooking right now, and that is not my husband's forte. Perfect.

The sociotype I have for sure is that of the wife - a truly classic and "no question about it" SEI. The husband - his type has not come to me yet, but it's compatible with the SEI. ENTp is certainly a possibility. She is certainly comfortable socially with her husband, which makes me feel I need to see them both as Alphas, in my goal to conform my Delta-ness to their favored way of communicating.

This conforming might sound crazy to others, but, its only for an evening once a year. And I like the challenge. And besides, this learning will serve another another social situation. My good friend here is SEI and married to a LSE. My husband (SLI) and I get together with them for meals out, or at each other's home from time to time, and I am always careful not to get overly involved in our Delta-charged socializing because I think of how the SEI, always the odd-one-out at home with her LSE husband, is even more so when with us, where she is consistently much quieter than when we two are together having tea. It does seem that the LSE, my husband and I light up more when we four are together, so, I have been meaning to study how Alpha socializes, and imposing some Alpha-ness on our get-togethers when possible, for her sake.

One thing is, the SEI (and her spouse) are of a particular religious tradition that places high value on the wife being submissive and/or less seen, less heard, less prominent than the husband, and so it is culturally expected for the wives to be quiet socially, while gazing attentively and devotedly at their spouse while he talks. SEIs, in this tradition, excel. : ) I think perhaps the last visit she noticed that I did not do that (my husband and I had equal bouts of talking) and perhaps did not approve. I remember that immediately after that visit I vowed next time to imitate her, and to encourage her to talk more than me. So, this is "next time". Also I am thinking through where it possibly could have been in the conversations that I had felt a divide, and I see this (all quotes taken from here):

" Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny personal experiences are preferred over "serious" ones. " This could be it. because my Delta way is more serious. Yes, "Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions" and yes I do that. I like sharing the insight of why I do things a certain way (maybe this is a Tactical thing), and that is not so much of interest to an Alpha, I think. If I did not feel understood when (if) I said such a thing, I might have given further explanation of same, in order to be understood, when, in fact, the Alpha was just not interested in the serious practical reasons behind an action/event. So I resolve now that if I tell any personal story, it's goal should be a light, funny ending. Something to laugh at/with.

Other things particularly Delta:

" Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner."
    " Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future."

So, I need to hold off on that, and remember that Alphas:

".. are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly."

- Sok, I need to be patient for the whole story to play out and resist looking ahead and commenting on the foreseen conclusion; a possible error for me. Also:

"Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations."

I need to get in the frame of mind that this visit is like a special occasion and treat it thus, festively and cheerfully.

So, the thing to remember is that the overall thought of Alpha, re: Delta, is:

"Alphas tend to regard Delta types as kindly and creative, but a bit too serious in their ideals and principles and too demanding of the same from others."

Yes, so my topic that I felt we all in common may not be of such bit interest to them socially. To be more specific, my Christian beliefs and how they play out in my life and what I have learned through living in this aspect, while serious to me and important, may be of minimal interest to Alphas, even Alphas who share these beliefs.

Well, its a short evening, coming at the end of a full day of learning and likely traffic on the way home. So, if I do not get to contemplate the topic again, I can just remember to overall talk less, listen more, and treat the affair as light and fun celebration of our company together, focusing on light laughs for the moment..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^^ this is such a wonderful and lovely use of socionics. Hope it goes well!

I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.
    hands up who here feels personally victimised by this comment

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.
    In common the term "reality" relates to objective logical facts - Te. And my critique, which started this funny discussion with Minde's heretic support to Bertrand's lie, - the critique of the said by Bertrand related to Te, - he clearly has distorted my words. It's what was the context and the common term "reality".

The worst understanding of the reality (Te) should be at weak nonvalued regions, as people not only think there bad but also tend to ignore that intentionally as percieve that activity as annoying and even redundant. All F types are bad in this, while Fe should be the worst.

In wider understanding all 8 functions describe the reality. It's just not seen directly, but through Te - in today scientific tradition which trusts only to experiments and facts.

Te types mistake more than average in their weak regions - in correct understanding of emotions of other people for example and how to deal with people to get the wished results, but they are best with logical objective facts, with the objective and evident reality. NF often may see the mistakes of ST types in the regions of emotions and intuitive feelings. NF may feel the _hiden_ truth and ST may argue as feels it badly. Until facts will show and make that truth clear to ST.
    Probably Minde described such cases of her arguing, but in this case she've ignored the context. Her "reality" is not objective logical facts, what I used for this term.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Hi, Kim.
    Nice to see you again.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, Kim.
    Nice to see you again.
    Hi Adam! Thank you! Life got very busy with all the current political craziness.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Kim, have you found a nice guy yet?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Kim, have you found a nice guy yet?
    Four months and counting.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Four months and counting.
    Hi Kim. : ) Are you still in the frozen north?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For @hag, my list:

1:
    - Generous, kind, patient
    - Integrity
    - No violent temper, even-keeled
    - Loves God, tries to follow him
    - Applies truth and rightness to his life
    - Leader, takes charge successfully
    - Is ok with my quietness
    - Lives peacefully, diplomatically

2:
    - Forgiving, empathetic (but not too much)
    - Perseveres through difficulty
    - Willing to live in/around [my hometown]
    - Boundaries, able to say "no"
    - Responsible
    - Likes learning, has lots of solid knowledge
    - Trustworthy, confidential, can tell secrets
    - Can articulate feelings
    - A good, inquisitive listener
    - "Solid core"
    - Thoughtful in terms of providing, senses and anticipates needs
    - Attractive
    - Good communicator
    - Initiative-taking, extroverted energy

3:
    - Mentally strong
    - Financially capable
    - Likes and does well with kids and animals
    - Deep, present yet steady emotions/feelings
    - Can create comfort
    - Explains things well (to me)
    - Hard worker, not lazy
    - Sexually giving, caring
    - Uses words well, has a good vocabulary
    - Fit, graceful
    - Cares about health and comfort
    - Can organize, plan, execute
    - Can have intellectual conversations with me
    - A good driver
    - Likes exploring
    - Physically strong

4:
    - Capable of fixing, building things
    - Musical
    - Taller than me
    - Likes experiencing the arts
    - Good dance lead

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For context, a couple of years ago I sat down and just wrote down a bunch of things that came to mind about what I thought my ideal partner would be like. I even wrote down some of the things that I might have been embarrassed to say out loud. Then I roughly organized them into vital to nice-to-have columns, not putting too much pressure on myself to get it "perfect."

It kind of helped me articulate and pinpoint what I wanted. It was more an exercise in getting to know myself than in making a must-have list, as it also went along with some other internal work I was / am doing.

Socionically, it possibly has some merit, I suppose. "INFj seeks ESTj"...

Edit: TBH, looking at that list I thought, "this person would be too perfect to find, no one has all of that." And, yet, I've found someone who "lacks" only a couple of those things. Like, he isn't very musical.