Page 141 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,640 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ^ that's interesting what you say about language, maybe i'll write you a message about my own difficulties with it what are rather different; good luck
    I'll be on the lookout for a message from you.
    But no pressure. If you have more important/interesting things on your mind, those obviously take higher priority.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on cheating on my now ex-husband:devastating, no, worse, atrocious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi felafel, welcome back. So sorry about your ex cheating on you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi maritsa

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eliza, my deepest condolences go to you and your family.
    A person who departs from this earth never truly leaves, because they live on in the hearts and minds of those who loved them, and in the evidence of the good deeds that they did while they were on this earth, while they, themselves, are in a better, more perfect place.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Mom is dying. She took a sudden turn to really bad now. Its pitiful. She may have a week. Not likely more than a month. You never know, but it's not looking good. Its a very somber time and I am reflecting what a long, long stretch its been with her completely dependent on care and supervision. Eight years. We have lived it, but only now I am finding I am grieving over the sadness of that reality, as I recall the fruitful richness of her life before this disease. It seems - unjust. But I know that God is just. He has a reason and a purpose for allowing this, which I will understand someday. And it makes Him sad, too. The only good is knowing that when she passes, her suffering and impossible yearnings are finally over, and she will once again have clarity of mind, to perfection. And she will be welcomed, and have true peace.
    Eliza, not so long ago I lost mine, a wonderful parent to me, they remain irreplaceable!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd typed The Apprentice UK season 5 winner as IEE. Anyone's watched it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series5/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    "Baby Missiles"

I'm on the back of a new belief
    And on the back of a new belief
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah, he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

He was a part of the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend dies all alone
    Yeah, just up and down like a new Jack Tone

Yeah, you want to talk about going down
    Yeah, you'd rather make a young man proud
    You should have seen all the rattling in my brain

And in the wake of a northeast bus
    I came on my back like a northeast perch
    You should have seen all the rattling in my way

Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

I was alive on the new machine
    He felt alive in the new machine
    My friend rides all alone
    Yeah he's up and down like a new Jack Tone

He wanna leave but he don't know how
    He want to try but he don't know why
    He's going to lean on the back of me
    Like a slide on the back of b-b-belief

Just the sound of a northeast bus coming back here
    Because I don't mind when the pioneers go soft on me
    It's just the sound of a northeast bus on its back babe
    You got your head in the common field
    Adjust your hands with the common touch

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy was compelled to draw my face once and what came out of it was, well, my skull.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to post this here, general lounging.

(something's up with the video, but at least sound aokay.)

Here the snow has started melting.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK... There's so much in the profile of EIIs that I totally do not relate to so I sometimes think I might be an IEI after all but then there's a part of me that wants to run aways screaming from all the Se 4D types and Fe isn't any less annoying for me tbh.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI Uncovered

Whether it is cleaning the house out of cockroaches or a personal problem, SLI approach every situation with same methods; An unhappy SLI is a nasty sight, better start counting your losses and abandon ship, not that this will stop them, they want to make something real, they 'want to make a jazz record'.

Yet, time....time....so low and behold and the remarkable robust infrastructure will start giving way, will fall apart. But don't busy yourself feeling guilty at the sight of it for they have no regrets:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gerrymandering" - what an unusual word, do people like use this daily you heard it(?) I've only seen it written.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I missed post

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

(Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 02-17-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My Mom died this week. Its been a tough one. Only now I am mourning the loss and the sadness of these difficult years for her, following such a productive and good life. I have cared for her (Alzheimer's) for 9 years; these last three I had my husband's constant help, and these years were demanding for care. The previous ones were more crazy; requiring constant diligence because of things like escapes. To satisfy her craving for "out" I took her on all my errands for awhile, til she developed an awful habit and I couldn't anymore, except for the walks, daily, sometimes 2-3x a day. Truly my husband was just in time. My son said I married the only man in the country who would have taken this on. (I did not pick him for this! Honest! He's my dual! I fell for him not knowing what was ahead). Recent years its a lot of practical care and my husband has been wonderful. Its been especially intensive since September. What a week its been because her sister (far away) who she asked for daily, every day, all day, had a devastating injury this week and is now dying. All my brothers and their families are all coming to the funeral. We have not all gathered together since 2008. I feel gratitude this week, because a long commitment has been fulfilled, and only by the grace of God who gave me the right circumstances could I continue with it, and even, with His help, to complete it.

Dh and I realize our life will change a lot now, but right now I just have to think about now.

(Somewhere in this thread a posted a pic of the two of them sitting on steps. I wonder where I posted it? I can't find it. If anyone happens to know, please link it. Thank you!)
    @Maritsa, I want you to see this post.
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He loves you and and any man who does will make adjustments like that.
    I agree! But he got an exceptional calling here, and rose to it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The LSE is a little boy

There was a thread on caregivers being infantile, what reminded me:

The LSE is a little boy who has no idea what to do with information but access it involuntarily if accessible. Do not leave information on the table for the little
    boy to choke on. And even if the LSE is a mature woman she is still a little boy unaware of information-choking hazards.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there's a thread on music but felt like this belonged here:

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think I have a Vocation

I think I actually do! Like, as of today! ...

[blah, blah, edited it out]

... I really think I want to start learning all I can right now about what to do to head in that direction. Sooner than later!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... [edited out]...

Title page to this program says: "A Greater Calling Deserves a Greater Education"...hooo boy...

editing to add.. usually takes 6 years ... "fulltime students can complete the degree in 3 - 3.5 years..." I was hoping or 1-2!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:55 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am just feeling lately a desire to be of use in my life. I thought vocation as a counselor would be it. I guess I need to pray: God, help me be of use....

A sort of vocation crisis I am in...

But probably this is the wrong place to write about my vocational crisis as it feels like no one reads this and of course no one is obliged to. I see Andreas thanked me it the last hour for this post, so thanks Andreas, for reading. At any rate, i am just impatient, I suppose, but no response makes me feel like no one cares. But I do have people in my life who do care, one or two or three, who would read it and comment. So I am running my thoughts by one of those. So I am taking it off here. Yes it does seem like I am suddenly at a crossroads with unsureness what to do, where to go, and that is a natural season of life, and I have found a tool for that already. I take a silent retreat at a monastery. So I will find a monastery around here and do that sometime this month or next, because they are everywhere...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, sweet Eliza.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Oh, sweet Eliza.
    Thanks, Minde. Last weekend was my aunt's Memorial. I through drove a 12 lane highway to get there (huge north part of Jersey turnpike). TWELVE LANES! Then, on the return trip, my GPS had FORCED us onto the George Washington Bridge in NYC in spite of much planning and programming to avoid it. How stressful! Apparently you have to do intensive planing to avoid it. To add insult to injury, tolls across the whole state of NJ came to $13, but we had to pay $15 to cross that horrible jammed bridge the GPS would not allow us to avoid. : ( Researching online, it appears that ALL brands of GPS' try to force you onto that bridge if you are anywhere near it. I must find a tricky way to override my GPS next time. GWB must give kickbacks to GPS companies.

I met many of my cousin's nice friends and their wives on the Memorial weekend. He had such nice friends - what a tribute to him and to his mother. One woman I was particularly enjoying talking to about faith, as my cousin had told her I was also Catholic, so she approached me about that. We shared our joy in that, and then, later, she told me that she was mourning her son - he committed suicide only a few days more than two months before. He was 15, and one of her five children... and she showed me a picture of his wonderful, smiling face - not at all looking like a suicide-person - but, come to think of it, none of those I know of who did this looked like a "suicide person", either. It was a shock, no hint of such trouble. She made a mention of cleaning up blood. : ( Yes, "We fight not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities". She tells me her whole family is one big sore right now. I promised to pray, for her, and for her whole family as she asked. I feel so poor in my prayer for this terrible thing. But I ask our Blessed Mother to pray with her perfect loving heart. It assures me that my poor prayers have help. And I wonder, what has helped you most in this time since your loss?
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-21-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I had the wrong age for the young man

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I reeaaalllyyyy like her. Is she a Delta type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My page

IMG_5444.PNG

And a minute later

IMG_5447.PNG
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am dealing with idiot colleagues, I am waiting to resolve a health scare, and I sliced off an edge of my thumb, but I am in love and happy as a clam. I live on the edge.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I wonder, what has helped you most in this time since your loss?
    Relationships, without a doubt. You know how trees in forests are interconnected and share resources with each other? That's how I have felt at times - like one of my own limbs was sawed off, but the community of individuals around me sent of their own strength in big or small parts to nourish and uplift me.

That is so sad about the young man.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went looking for something to watch on Netflix after dinner. So many movies on there are violent, dark, vulgar, or otherwise centered around disturbing topics. Things I don't want in my head. I went to the kids' section and found equally inappropriate films. I shut it off and sat still for awhile.

I'm really, really saddened by this.

I see a world that cries out, "there's too much violence in our streets, our schools, our neighborhoods!"

And yet it watches these terrible, terrible things on their TVs.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I went looking for something to watch on Netflix after dinner. So many movies on there are violent, dark, vulgar, or otherwise centered around disturbing topics. Things I don't want in my head. I went to the kids' section and found equally inappropriate films. I shut it off and sat still for awhile.

I see a world that cries out, "there's too much violence in our streets, our schools, our neighborhoods!"

yeah I took a IEE friend to see John Wick 2 and it traumatized her

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sparking a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post

My opinion is very close to that so I can only affirm you. It's just that we can't change it except via boycott. It is normal to not want these things in your head, violence is socially trained for contemporary survival and power circumstances and not normal. I know everyone will try to fight me on that (do so, I don't care about you) but this is indoctrinated. Films tend to be more violent in peaceful times, it's not as brutal out there in the streets as the media suggest - they filter things to shape our reality. "Times have not gotten more violent, just more televised" - M. Manson. We can be glad that this aren't the Middle Ages, really, this is harmless when you put it into perspective. I am equally saddened that this is what the current creative industry produces and plants in our (children's) heads, so speaking up about it is very important. It comes down to money, not values, extremes attract the masses in our times to generate profit. The bottom line is: consume what you think is right and encourage others to do so as well. The market necessarily has to adjust to this. Also, fuck people who judge you for not liking violence. They are the ones who have to be judged and also pitied for being 1) trained into masochism and desensitization*, especially horror film fans 2) unaware 3) condescending and non-empathetic toward careful people who take care of their mental integrity by avoiding disturbing material as you explained it 4) endorsers of goddamn crime and torture, even if it's just fictional.

*desensitization literally as in having your senses numbed, as well as losing track of common sense. Like someone is getting hurt (yes, even if it's only on screen) why aren't you questioning it at all? How did you distance yourself so far from being human, concerned, and helping?

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's for this reason that I canceled my cable TV subscription. They've called me several times trying to get me back. I tell them every time that I don't approve of what they show on TV. They tell me to filter it with the Kids and Family filter. I'd rather not support it with my money.

Netflix used to to be great. Now all their original and new shows are heavily dark, violent, about cannibals and traumatic things. Suppose it's time to opt out.

I have grace for people who watch that stuff. I used to watch it when I was younger. But if anyone abstains from it for a few months and then returns to it, it'll make them physically sick. It does to me now.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mhm yeah they better step their game up to regain trust.

That's like the revealing factor! Once you're used to it it's normal. Taking a step back, it's not as good as it seems.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I demand: Teletubbies for Netflix!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In seven texts within 30 min (to one person) I went through ALL the emotions without ever receiving a response (that could have accounted for the shift in emotion). Is that normal? Jeez...one could think I am unstable....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    In seven texts within 30 min (to one person) I went through ALL the emotions without ever receiving a response (that could have accounted for the shift in emotion). Is that normal? Jeez...one could think I am unstable....
    Would you like a "yes" or a "no" because I can justify either, lol.

For my part, I've been feeling a little detached lately.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hmm I agree w/you deltas (or just applejacks) that Hollyweird tries way too hard to be dark and edgy. Dark and edgy actually isn't always that interesting... I prefer lighthearted shows as well, but I mean it still has to be somewhat provocative for me. I really like the sitcom 'grace and frankie' though the two old men being in love grosses me out for some reason (probably because they are just old), I love the comedy. Lily Tomlin is <3.

Also I get that the real world is dreary and bleak, I really don't need television to reflect that. I think it's better if it's a bit unrealistic, even a tad sappy/idealistic because the entire point of it should be to uplift you.