Page 140 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,600 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    - Dinner at some mid-scale restaurant with whoever of my family and friends can make it at this short notice (this could work, though I'm hesitant to make people pay to celebrate with me)
    - Try to hunt down something artistic / cultural to enjoy that doesn't cost too much (again, not a fan of making people pay to celebrate little ol' me)
    These two sound the best to me, actually. Gather a small bunch and pay everyone's meals/entrance/whatever.

Restaurant > event, because more centralized, relaxed and likely to be equally/similarly enjoyed by attendees.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Yes, I know this is somewhat pathetic.
    Nah, that's just how we (Delta) introverts like it.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I need advice (I'm posting this in Delta Lounge, but only because I don't want to make a whole new thread, so non-Deltas are welcome to add their 2c):

It's my birthday Saturday. Normally I'm not huge into making a big deal about it, and this year isn't too different. Making a big deal means I have to put in work to plan / host something, plus it puts me at the center of attention. I'd rather be relaxed and enjoy.

Here are my current options for things I could do:
    - Sailing (probably not going to happen, both because the person organizing the potential event is um not the best organizer and because it might rain)
    - Oktober Fest outing, organized by a friend and celebrating his return from traveling abroad (I don't like beer and this friend tends to enjoy Se)
    - A pirate party, put on by low-key geeky friends (I have no pirate gear. This could be relaxed, but it might be hard to include people outside that social circle, e.g. my sister)
    - Two dinner / evening events celebrating two separate friends' birthdays (Pros: pre-made celebration. Cons: meh.)
    - Dinner at some mid-scale restaurant with whoever of my family and friends can make it at this short notice (this could work, though I'm hesitant to make people pay to celebrate with me)
    - Sleep in and do absolutely nothing all day / have it be a normal Saturday / hide from everyone.
    - Try to hunt down something artistic / cultural to enjoy that doesn't cost too much (again, not a fan of making people pay to celebrate little ol' me)

I need help deciding what to do; I'm caught in decision limbo. I'll take suggestions on additional options, too.

- Oktober Fest outing, sounds pretty good to me. If you don't like the beer part, you can just accompany your friend without drinking beer.
    - Pirate party, you can go without a pirate gear and just wear your normal clothes on that day, it's your birthday on that day anyway so i dont think they will mind.
    - Having dinner at mid-scale restaurant sounds pretty cool too.
    - Hunting down something artistic/cultural.

Haha these are my opinions. But I think you should go with what feels best to you, because it's your birthday so you are the one who will have to go through the entire thing.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

restaurant or cultural thing get my vote

I have done the restaurant thing, and noone seemed to mind paying for their meal. It was relaxed, casual, and I didn't have to do hostessy things. It had also been very last minute...as in one hour notice (because I had been waiting for my friend, who had traveled up from CA for one of my real bdays, to get ready to go eat, but he never got his ass off the couch and it was waaay past time for eating, so I called friends and family and met them at a restaurant. The next day my friend said it was too bad he and I didn't get to do anything. Mmmm, FU!)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec-->benchmark SLI?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec-->benchmark SLI?
    Bump this question because it really cuts to the core of everything for me.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Swanson is a SLI caricature, Nick Offerman is a real SLI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think im LSE... what do you think @Maritsa?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think im LSE... what do you think @Maritsa?
    I haven't read many of your posts and we haven't interacted much. Maybe we should
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

doubple post

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I need advice (I'm posting this in Delta Lounge, but only because I don't want to make a whole new thread, so non-Deltas are welcome to add their 2c):

It's my birthday Saturday. Normally I'm not huge into making a big deal about it, and this year isn't too different. Making a big deal means I have to put in work to plan / host something, plus it puts me at the center of attention. I'd rather be relaxed and enjoy.

Here are my current options for things I could do:
    - Sailing (probably not going to happen, both because the person organizing the potential event is um not the best organizer and because it might rain)
    - Oktober Fest outing, organized by a friend and celebrating his return from traveling abroad (I don't like beer and this friend tends to enjoy Se)
    - A pirate party, put on by low-key geeky friends (I have no pirate gear. This could be relaxed, but it might be hard to include people outside that social circle, e.g. my sister)
    - Two dinner / evening events celebrating two separate friends' birthdays (Pros: pre-made celebration. Cons: meh.)
    - Sleep in and do absolutely nothing all day / have it be a normal Saturday / hide from everyone.

I need help deciding what to do; I'm caught in decision limbo. I'll take suggestions on additional options, too.

Sorry Minde all of this seems to be too merry for me and a waste of time to contemplate over at best. What I would do depends on the weather but mostly I like being home with people I love. I would opt to have people over with a bottle of wine and just thank them for wanting to be there

Keep it simple, kind, and warm

Because most of what you say are things that people enjoy together

Serious types do the other

Things you enjoy together would be communal experiences. Sharing a home cooked meal, taking a walk together, gardening or doing chores as a couple or team. Individual gratification together is something you're both doing at the same time, but having your own experience of it. Like listening to a symphony orchestra. You're "together" technically, but one person's experience of the music can be very different than the other's.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-16-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I saw a hedgehog in May. He went by same road.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post

just look at this one! it's so tiny
    Have you considered IEE?
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Please come let's take my IEE friend out
    Haha sounds fun!

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    @Kim, best company I've had in a long time was a Ne-IEE; I'm a Fi subtype but obviously we're extremely alike and being with her, weirdly made me appreciate myself more.
    Yes, it was interesting for me to see the easy-going and accepting side of IEEs in someone else. It was liberating to hang out with someone and feel like there is nothing you can do that would bother them (within reason, obviously). But there was also no spark whatsoever. We text a lot, but we have agreed that there isn't much romantic potential.

Now, along these lines, I had a first date last night with an SLI (I think) I really like and was (am) madly attracted to. I have been on quite a few first dates in the past six months and I am usually pretty good at appearing to be confident and a good communicator while being a bit flirtateous. Last night, I was so smitten that all my flirting skills went out the window and I switched between rambling about nothing, hanging on to his every word like a mesmerized madwoman, and doing my usual nervous oversharing thing. I think I violated every single rule in the dating book.
    Last edited by Kim; 09-18-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim , what was his instinctual subtype? And don't worry *pets* ; SLIs can do that to us, no matter how smooth we can be at other times heh.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please come let's take my IEE friend out
    Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    @Kim , what was his instinctual subtype? And don't worry *pets* ; SLIs can do that to us, no matter how smooth we can be at other times heh.
    Lol that's reassuring. I mean, I have been attracted to dates before, but as soon as I saw him (it was a blind date, so I had only seen pictures) I was just mesmerized. He is attractive and all, but it was even more that sort of solid presence of mature, confident, content SLIs?

I was a bumbling mess...but I have hope that that doesn't deter him...I am usually not too worried about how I behaved on a date, but with this one I keep thinking back on things I said and just cringe lol.

For instinct stacking, I would say sp/sx or sx/sp. I have to think more about how either would manifest in an SLI (and I can't even be sure yet that he is SLI...).
    Last edited by Kim; 09-19-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know if there is enough yoga in the world to keep me sane in this dating world...

Sometimes I feel like I have no idea how to navigate my own natural inclinations of expressing excitement and actively moving things along, "dating rules" (which are so American and not something I am used to), gender expectations (blegh), and my own incredibly awful impatience. I don't have any sense of what is "normal."
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I don't know if there is enough yoga in the world to keep me sane in this dating world...

Sometimes I feel like I have no idea how to navigate my own natural inclinations of expressing excitement and actively moving things along, "dating rules" (which are so American and not something I am used to), gender expectations (blegh), and my own incredibly awful impatience. I don't have any sense of what is "normal."
    I was never good at following prescribed dating rules nor expectations. But it also took me years to become more upfront and blunt about what i wanted..having kissed too many toads!! My advice would be to figure out the minimum you would like from this guy, and then ask him for it. Like "hey, I like you and am attracted to you. I'd like to spend more time with you when our schedules permit. Or get to know you better via phone/text/email. Are you interested?" Or such. Beware wording that might give off a 'I'm willing to just be your fuck buddy', unless that is part of the minimum of course.

The worst that can happen is he rejects the minimum and doesn't offer a counter minimum. Or you both have some great booty call sex. At least then you will have a better idea of what he wants from you, which will bring less anxiety. You'll also know sooner if you are wasting time/energy worrying about what might happen next.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I was never good at following prescribed dating rules nor expectations. But it also took me years to become more upfront and blunt about what i wanted..having kissed too many toads!! My advice would be to figure out the minimum you would like from this guy, and then ask him for it. Like "hey, I like you and am attracted to you. I'd like to spend more time with you when our schedules permit. Or get to know you better via phone/text/email. Are you interested?" Or such. Beware wording that might give off a 'I'm willing to just be your fuck buddy', unless that is part of the minimum of course.

The worst that can happen is he rejects the minimum and doesn't offer a counter minimum. Or you both have some great booty call sex. At least then you will have a better idea of what he wants from you, which will bring less anxiety. You'll also know sooner if you are wasting time/energy worrying about what might happen next.
    Great minds think alike. Just before I read this, I sent him a text and just asked if there will be a second date, that it does not need to be planned right now, but that I would like to know if he is up for it now a few days after the date (and that I definitely want to see him again). I just can't do the waiting thing, especially when he is not texting much and I don't get a sense of why (although he does tell me he is busy and he wasn't that much of a texter before the date either).

I have no problem with not texting 24/7, but at this stage, I need to know where we both stand (even if that was clear during the date - time brings perspective and I am sure I want to pursue this, but he might not be and the sooner I know, the better). And I like him too much for anything casual (plus I am not looking for that atm).

I have learned from past experiences dealing with with push/pull, on/off people that I can't deal with it. I can handle rejection just fine, but limbo and not knowing, not so much.

Thank you!! <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by Kim; 06-24-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

I think one sign that a budding relationship is good for you emotionally is that you have the sudden need to pamper yourself (in other words, dash around TJ Maxx like "body scrub! face mask! new yoga mat! new make-up bag! scented candles and tea because it's fall [because all of a sudden you LOVE fall]! buy ALL the feel good things!" )
    #noanxiety #noworries

But not because you want to look good for him (you already know (!) you do), but because you feel like you deserve to feel good. I can't really explain it, but I have certainly been on the other side where you don't care about feeling good. So this feels nice. <3

And to preempt the words of caution: I think he and I are coming from very similar places in our relationship histories, so we have very similar baggage (abandonment issues, fear of not being good enough, etc.). There is a lot of mutual gentleness because of it. We both still often feel "what does s/he want with me?? S/he is so capable." So I feel like even if we don't last, we can at least restore some faith in each other that some people ARE loyal and caring.

To say it with the words of my very wise LIE girlfriend: "you guys are both adorable and vomit-worthy. I am so happy for you!"

I love fuzzeh legs. Not on me though xD

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    I love fuzzeh legs. Not on me though xD
    I like the feel of shaved legs, but I also like a guy who rolls with the (hairy) punches and doesn't care. On some days, shaving is just not in the cards and who wants to be met with "ew" or feel self-conscious about it.

― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case anybody cares, on my birthday I ended up going sailing in the rain with a small-ish group and then went to a dinner with a few family and friends that my sister organized. (Having an IEE sister is the best.)

Thanks, everyone, for your input in my moment of
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In case anybody cares, on my birthday I ended up going sailing in the rain with a small-ish group and then went to a dinner with a few family and friends that my sister organized. (Having an IEE sister is the best.)

Thanks, everyone, for your input in my moment of
    That sounds great and happy belated birthday! <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other not-so-surprising-news, being vulnerable is so scary and hard. Fear of judgment and rejection is debilitating.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that tiny piano hedgehog...

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Omg I have such mixed feelings about opossums...
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg. In socionic term, I'm accumulating SHIT.

I mean, Ive come to love a track on soundcloud.

At this moment, I'm beginning to do real stuff on music making, not just being experimental about stuff. Ive writed on paper some track I wan't to compose then, for some, release. One track Ive writed is a bit in the vein of the omen track, so naturally, I contacted him if he was okay to release his track on vinyl with mine. we spoke a bit, and quickly, the subject of money come. I wasn't ready, I was thinking doing only a "friend release", 100 ex, facebook distribution. He aim over that, traditionnal way of distributing (toolbox records for ex). He said it's possible to make money if I make a killer track.
    omg omg STRESS.

It happen that the guy is my conflictor (Ive seen discussion, photo, facebook profile).

The first record I will release will be with my conflictor.

Socionic fail.

:'(

PS : if there is someone who can say if the speech make sense on my first track (nothing too technical, only introducing my world) :

https://soundcloud.com/zattwaks/no_id-introduction

Ive cutted the speech because it's too long for my need but I'm not sure it still mean something it seem's okay ? I'm not english speaker.
    It's a speech from timothy leary.
    Last edited by noaydi; 01-14-2017 at 08:42 PM.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so at the end what's the problem with conflictor relationship
    meeting my conflictor mean I will stop my progression on music even if I just begin to compose ? lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

behold a youtube series called "deltalife" looking at socionics

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jWi8GXV1fTQGka

so far i've talked to a probably EII (ep 3) and definite IEE (episode 2 and 4)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random video from the series

lots of ne te
    less ni ti
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered IEE?
    Ive had a ISTp girlfriend for 9 years, and, magical, the very positive aspect I retain from this activator relationshit is amazement/attraction toward tiny things, various animals and stuff
    Last edited by noaydi; 01-24-2017 at 01:50 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Chae; 01-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default previously. he died with a felafel

felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!

Hi Ann, how are you?

I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

Hope everyone is doing well

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    felafel here, reporting back for duty; new moniker, oh, just call me Delilah!

Hi Ann, how are you?

I had a personal disaster, divorce, what was a relief, compared to separation: savage.

I feel better now and doing slightly better too.

Hope everyone is doing well
    Hi Delilah.
    I'm doing pretty well. Battling raccoons, a couple of bully chickens, my clutter (final battle, the rest would be skirmishes), and my avoidance of more concrete language. Embracing (or at least accepting more deeply) where I'm at, and how I am. And pursuing my life...finally.

I'm sorry about your separation. Seeing potential, yet losing it. The state of one foot in with one foot out. I can imagine how relieving (even if still a bit sorrowful) making the final cut or burning the final bridge can be. May you find/attract what you want from life, and who'd be compatible and bring joy to your life.

Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so weird out by things that seem definitive, I mean, I am too young for that, I am 23. I want the life to be a wandering adventure or some bullshit like that, but it doesn't work for me for some reason.... ah, crap.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For years I used to do yoga exercises then, suddenly, I stopped one day and went back to swimming, childhood comforts. I learned how to swim from the guys because I could clearly see the cut of the work, compared to the girls, who had much more flare and style and confused my sense of learning by imitation as a child.

here's one for the past:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- ...my avoidance of more concrete language.

2- Also, welcome back to the forum. I'm rarely on these days (when I'm avoiding working), but there are lots of new people, and new names hiding familiar people. Have fun figuring out which is which.
    tell me more about #1 and should I worry about #2?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah, no need to worry about #2. It's kind of fun though guessing.

#1 has to do with my attempts to get back into fiction writing. My biggest issue, which I've had forever, has been writing descriptions of settings and character, and the more concrete actions that give clues to mood etc. I'm forcing myself to write even just 3 sentences a day (up from one). There's like an internal struggle, where part of me gets angry that I'm having to pay attention to these kinds of things, and another part scolding myself that it's just 3 simple sentences. This practice is separate from a short story I'm writing. Each day I force myself to come up with concrete objects that the character (a momma raccoon) would come across in a particular scene. As well as active verbs related to that object, as in words that would describe what the object is doing.

A pathetic example of practicing the first part, but the best I created last week...
    The topic sentence given was "The room was messy."
    Books piled on the shelves, while stacks of notes peaked out of each nook and cranny. Sacks of sunflower seeds, cracked corn, oyster chips, and chicken feed leaned against the wall and each other. Seeds spilling onto the floor. Work boots, mudruckers, walking shoes, and slippers lay within tripping distance of unsuspecting visitors.

It reads so childish in effort, and not the fun kind of childish,
    But, hopefully practice will help me improve this skill.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp