Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tcaud\\'s Dual-typing thread

I am performing dual-type diagnoses, this thread only.

Things I need to know to diagnose your dual-type:
    - your sociotype
    - what you are good at
    - what kinds of work you enjoy / career
    - what job you have now
    - your hobbies
    - whether you enjoy athletic sports
    - what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in
    - what you try to avoid doing.
    - what a romantic relationship most means to you. Your criterion for leaving / recognizing when a relationship isn't working out.

Please also report your identification according to the EM dichotomies.

*UPDATED* with new criterion.

People typed so far (with confidence ratings)

crazedrat: IEI-SLE (100%)
    greenantler: ILE-ILI (100%)
    hkkmr: ILI-IEI (100%)
    April: EII-LII (100%)
    thehotelambush: (100%)
    Bullets&Doves: IEI-LSI (100%)
    Gul: SEi-IEI (100%)
    Discojoe: LSI-LIE (100%)
    Myself: LII-IEI (100%)

Bionicgoat: SEI-EIE (85%)
    Ashton: LIE-SLE (80%)
    warrior-librarian: LII-LSI (75%)
    Logos: LII-LSI (75%) (I think he's the same type as warrior-librarian)
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 09-06-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your sociotype:
    IEE

what you are good at:
    Charming people, showing the flaws of the ideas/solutions raised, adapting to new situations. Ignoring death threats.

what kinds of work you enjoy / career:
    Consulting.

your hobbies:
    Photography.

whether you enjoy athletic sports:
    Not really, no.

what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in : Managment positions where details are important and people need to be pushed to the max
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-Cyclops

- your sociotype I go for SLI
    - what you are good at Problem solving, troubleshooting, working efficiently, organising projects, having an ability to tell if something is worthwhile or not, relaxing.
    - what kinds of work you enjoy / career - something using my hands or using a lot of technical skill where I don't have to worry too much about peoples feelings or work politics
    - your hobbies cycling, running, listening to music, seeing my friends but also spending time alone, going for beers, seeing and experiencing new things like travelling, languages and culture
    - whether you enjoy athletic sports yes
    - what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in - working with nursery age children, undertaker, morale officer, something involving second guessing someones moods and feelings

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These descriptions have not been heavily researched. They may be hit or miss in places.

Ssmall: IEE-LII. (still working on it).

Cyclops: SLI-ILI. You see success and failure all around you. You know what plans are feasible and whether or not they will be of help. You are considered somewhat unpleasant however, and are quite antagonistic without actually meaning to be. You make people angry very easily. Hold your tongue when people make your uncomfortable by your behavior, and you won\'t have to deal with their emotional outbursts. When it comes to evaluating potential friends, you are reserved. You have your own criterion for evaluating these and will not force these criterion on anyone else. You avoid counseling people about who they should meet or who they should know. You believe people will only be fair if they have motivation for such, and that everyone has a different motivation. You believe these motivations should be respected. Somebody always seems to be picking fights with somebody else over their ideas, but these aren\'t particularly interesting to you. You do believe, however, that people have a duty to stand up for and defend their ideas and their beliefs. If a person defends their idea successfully, you will consider adopting their logic.

Why your exertion type isn\'t SLI: SLI EM people tend to focus on artistic pursuits. You didn\'t mention these so I assumed ILI. Also, SLI EM people tend to be kinda ambivalent about scientific empiricism. However you prize it, which is in line with ILI EM \"show me the facts\" thinking.

...Subtype is definitely important to the diagnostic process. I\'ll have to add it to the list.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- your sociotype
    -SEE

- what you are good at
    -stopping people from doing stupid things, making them do good things, getting into contact with random people, making girls sleep with me.

i have no idea. i guess anything that would pay me more than i deserve. i dont work at this moment.

- your hobbies
    - oh i have many of them: drawing, talking, stealing shoelaces from kids, thinking in the wrong way, asking stupid questions.....

YEAH. Tennis. Spanking.

stopping myself from doing stupid things, making myself to do good things,concentrating......
    mhmmm I would easily fail in anything that is related to physics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought you were a female IEE.

- your sociotype

ILI
    - what you are good at
    competitive strategy, critiquing liberal arts oriented topics, appreciating and experiencing most forms of liberal art including video games .. (lol), debating, math, playing with things in my short term memory
    competitive environments and liberal arts oriented environments. im thinking psychology. i look at psychology as a test to see how much i can know about a person and how much i can fix them. otherwise, i would of enjoyed being a critic of some kind.
    - your hobbies
    i play alot of real time strategy video games. i think about socionics nonstop. i spend a fair bit of time critiquing and perfecting my personal new age religious thinking.
    yeah when i was a kid i was very into baseball, i love watching football
    anything customer service or food related im miserable doing. paperwork oriented tasks annoy me. anything where people have power over me and actively manage me annoys me. working hard doesn't bother me. if i don't like the people i work with i will quit my job. i would fail working with kids and get bored working with animals. i couldn't be a doctor because it takes too much caring for details.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 11-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    i thought you were a female IEE.
    you know what???

I thought this too.
    But I changed my mind.

Except the female part.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, so you're a lesbian. that's why i thought you were not female. why did you change your mind?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, so you're a lesbian. that's why i thought you were not female. why did you change your mind?
    lol
    what made you think i am a lesbian and that i am not a female???

I have weak Ne.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because you are good at getting girls to sleep with you.
    Oh.. weak Ne. I guess that could be possible. You didn't see the connection between saying you sleep with females, you being a female, and me concluding you are a lesbian of some kind. But I am not sure that necessarily says weak Ne. What makes you say you have weak Ne?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because you are good at getting girls to sleep with you.
    Oh.. weak Ne. I guess that could be possible. You didn't see the connection between saying you sleep with females, you being a female, and me concluding you are a lesbian of some kind. But I am not sure that necessarily says weak Ne. What makes you say you have weak Ne?
    mhmmmm if I am good at smth that doesn't mean I like it. But yeah I do like sleeping with girls.....But I love boys.
    What things defines a person with a strong Ne?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Ne... Well, it is kind of like the stupidity which you have. So yeah I agree you are SEE.
    Actually, that might just be called weak Ti.
    Why dont you ask someone else about it

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Ne... Well, it is kind of like the stupidity which you have. So yeah I agree you are SEE.
    Actually, that might just be called weak Ti.
    Why dont you ask someone else about it
    Before identifying me as stupid you should have counted the possibility that I am drunk.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Well you're still pretty stupid, but maybe less stupid. I think you actually called yourself stupid up there somewhere. In any case, you said something stupid one post ago but I don't really feel like dissecting it right now.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Well you're still pretty stupid, but maybe less stupid. I think you actually called yourself stupid up there somewhere. In any case, you said something stupid one post ago but I don't really feel like dissecting it right now.
    Thank you for attention.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. no problem

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post

- your sociotype

IEI

- what you are good at

good with people when I'm in the mood. can do anything with the right motivation. good at listening, going along with other people's plans, good follower and can inspire others to action. good at writing (or at least some people have told me this), musical, emotionally strong.

work with plenty of freedom that allows me to work at my own pace without someone breathing down my neck. would love to have an independent business but would need a business partner since I suck at that stuff. I would probably be a good writer/editor/photographer or psychologist. however, at the moment I'm a stay-at-home mom. would also enjoy graphic design as long as it's low-key, low-pressure, deadline driven is fine but nothing super fast paced. I do like being around people to some degree, just not forced to interact with them constantly. I once worked at a bookstore and that job was such a dream. helped people find books but had a lot of quiet time also. of course it paid crap but what can you do.

- your hobbies

spinnning, weaving, knitting, photography, motorcycling, piano, singing--ha ha, I just read that list and realized that everything is a solitary activity except for singing, which I do in a choir.

not really. I'm okay with watching it on tv occasionally. like college football. I like to play ping pong and tennis. overall, sports are basically a distraction from real life, which sometimes can be good but other times is just boring and makes me feel like other people are wasting their lives and then I feel kinda depressed.

bad at business stuff & careers where you have to evaluate a lot of dry information. bad at conjuring up my own motivation for things. I would fail at things that require huge amounts of discipline and structure. I'm horrible at organizing anything from papers to parties. I can do it but not without a huge amount of mental effort and concentration and I end up feeling completely drained afterwards. For example, when my kids have a birthday, I usually suggest a fun activity or family trip rather than an actual large birthday party because I'm just so bad at it and it stresses me out. All the details and stuff. yuck.
    Last edited by redbaron; 11-19-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- your sociotype

ILE

- what you are good at

Philosophy, generating imaginative content (sci-fi fantasy worlds, creatures, events, objects, etc, but easily used for mundane purposes as well), political economics, arguing (better irl), I'm funny (people tell me so at least), using past information to systematize a situation to make it consistent with seemingly unrelated situations.

But what I'm best at is being able to quickly pick up new models (of whatever subject) and almost instantly begin improving them.

My ideal job would be a very casual office setting, where I would research, present my findings to my coworkers, and possibly plan seminars on the research. Think tankish I guess, or possibly a college professor.

- your hobbies

Socionics, social sciences, Live action roleplaying, table-top battle gaming, computer gaming, exercising, drugs.

I do not. I enjoy atheletic things like capture the flag, LARPing, hiking, but I have always been turned off by professional sports.

I'm bad at letting things go, expressing myself properly, being outgoing, flirting (on command that is), getting shit done not last minute, and doing things I don't understand the reasoning for.

A repetitive office job, something physically laborious, something where I'd need to carefully attend to details (I hate labs), working with people in an empathetic or servile way (I would make a good career counselor though), or anything that is dirty. Also I could not work somewhere intimidating, bureaucratic, or where things must be done quickly and without mistakes or I will be yelled at.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to wild ass guess and say archon is ILE-ILI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    - your sociotype
    -SEE

YEAH. Tennis. Spanking.
    Sounds about right.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron: what is being organized, usually?

...It may take as long as a month to get back to you about all these. If you could be more specific and work the ol\' noggin\', that would help too. In some places I can\'t tell whether something is due to IM or EM. Might be a good idea to try not to think about socionics when you describe yourself. At all. Just tell me what your first impression of your abilities and talents is. The less you think with socionics, the better because that leads to abstraction away from specific talents and interests.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

- your sociotype = N/A,

- what you are good at = Learning from mistakes,

- what kinds of work you enjoy / career = Solitary work,

- your hobbies = Vast,

- whether you enjoy athletic sports = Weightlifting,

- what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in = Team work.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron: what is being organized, usually?

...It may take as long as a month to get back to you about all these. If you could be more specific and work the ol\' noggin\', that would help too. In some places I can\'t tell whether something is due to IM or EM. Might be a good idea to try not to think about socionics when you describe yourself. At all. Just tell me what your first impression of your abilities and talents is. The less you think with socionics, the better because that leads to abstraction away from specific talents and interests.
    okay, I'll go back and add more to mine. And don't worry about getting back to this quickly, I'm in no rush whatsoever.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Do you need me to add anything else, be more specific? I sound boring, re-reading it, but don't know what else to add. I like animals, and I'm usually pretty good with them. Kids seem to like me too, but I don't like dealing with any kids that aren't my own.
    you do NOT sound boring!!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana: do you take a lot of interest in ESFj thoughts? Do you read a lot about opinions?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- your sociotype
    ILI
    - what you are good at
    the
    tthe
    - your hobbies
    ta
    no
    teh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Spanking.
    You're generally eastern European, so it's not looked down upon by anyone here.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, ESFj thoughts are opinions. ESFjs are always asking if they agree or disagree with arguments based on their ethics.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hm, if that\\\'s what you\\\'re going on, then I\\\'m not very interested in ESFj thoughts, no.
    Just needed clarification. Your dual-type is LSI-SLE. You have a lot in common with my mother, actually.

Do you play close attention to conflicts? What does strength mean to you?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might as well randomize the typings. Actually, I think that's exactly what's going on.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    You might as well randomize the typings. Actually, I think that\'s exactly what\'s going on.
    Well what\'s your take on her type?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hardly have enough information to make any sort of decision on what her main type is, let alone assign speculative labels as to traits of hers that are even more detailed and specific than those covered by the main type.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I hardly have enough information to make any sort of decision on what her main type is, let alone assign speculative labels as to traits of hers that are even more detailed and specific than those covered by the main type.
    I\'m not even going to argue with her on what her IM type is. But the EM type can be very easily diagnosed so long as people are specific about their activities and preferences.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a ridiculous thing to believe that the main type doesn't influence a person's activities and interests. This is what you're implying and I can not take it seriously. I don't think anyone on this forum can when they think about it.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really then? Explain to us how it does.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast