Thread: Sexual Attraction: Sensors, A Question

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sexual Attraction: Sensors, A Question...

I read something like 'unless someone adept at Si is around, intuitive types wont be able to perceive sexual advances?'

I want to know how you sensors read sexual attraction

Is it a feeling? Something you visually take in that that lets you know?

how do you gauge sexual attraction?

specifically, if someone is sexually attracted to you
    Last edited by thePirate; 11-19-2009 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Clarification
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I don't.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SPILL YOUR SECRETS BANSHEE
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't.
    Do you ever feel naive about stuff like that?

There are a lot of different kinds of it. The easy way, in regard to myself, is simply how appealing or arousing I find someone.

It's not complicated.

Intuitors who "aren't that way" are not really any different, they just have various issues dealing with it or ways of rationalizing their own attraction or sexual feelings about other people.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make eye contact. If she holds it, I go up to her. If she looks down, I wait.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I check for boners.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't.
    Unless you're asexual (not possessing sexual feelings) this seems odd. Perhaps you misunderstood the question?

She's basically asking: how do you determine when you're attracted to someone as well as tell if someone is attracted to you
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Cyclops

I read something like 'unless someone adept at Si is around, intuitive types wont be able to perceive sexual advances?'

I want to know how you sensors read sexual attraction

Is it a feeling? Something you visually take in that that lets you know?

specifically, if someone is sexually attracted to you
    Well, if a member of the opposite sex is seeming to go out their way to be friendly to me then I do think that they are at least flirting with me.

Sure they may just be friendly to everyone but there could be a slight difference in how they are with me in comparison to others, also I think to myself, does this person have a reason to be chatting to me etc, seemingly going out their way to do it? If there's no logical reason for it other than that they like me or are interested in me in a sexual way then i'm going to assume it's the most likely option.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they flirt with me i assume they are interested. unfortunately i then start testing whether the relationship is real and fuck it up. happens pretty much every time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how others view it but it feels as if each person carries a different sort of 'weight' around them in terms of desirability. I notice this at the office....where the presence of the most desirable guy just makes my environment that more stimulating i guess....and my focus would go towards that object over others.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of women have different types of beauty, considering my physiological responses to them.
    For example, this one woman who is a professor of mine makes my mouth salivate when she's sitting down with her legs crossed and proceeds to do some taunt/swaying thing using her feet (in heels) too. I'm pretty indifferent to food and it never makes me salivate but this sure as Hell did. She doesn't make my heart rate raise or anything though.
    This other woman who is a counselor at my school is very sexually alluring (big breasted) and flirty, she actually makes my heart rate raise and I have to calm my English when talking to her in order to not let her know how interested I am. She doesn't make me salivate though.
    This girl I'm dating gives me average physiological responses, very much unlike the two unique examples. I plan to ask them out as soon as I graduate

Women, unlike men, apparently are capable of reading a man's interest in her extremely accurate. I've even heard this to go so far as a woman being able to *feel* a man's lusty stare. Is this true? I would like some women to verify these hypothesis and tell me what they think.
    I'm not good at reading how interested a girl is. It's either they're interested or not, (which I usually test with a kiss, if she turns her head she doesn't like me). Some men, probably 3% of them, can gauge a woman's interest toward him from 0 - 100%. My radar is simple shitty binary, either I have a chance 1 or 0 I'm out.

I can only read a woman's interest by her actions. The best signals are her finding an excuse to touch me, complimenting me, kissing at the end of a date. If she laughs at my bad jokes that's an okay sign.
    Obvious signs she isn't interested is when you ask her out and she's like "Can I call you back to make sure?". Yeah if I was Brad Pitt you wouldn't say that darling Some of you women need to grow some ovaries and tell a man "No thank you, I'm not interested (in you, Turkey)."
    Last edited by intjguy; 11-19-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cannot explain exactly how but this is easy. especially with intuitive guys. with sensing guys is a little bit confusing sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    i cannot explain exactly how but this is easy. especially with intuitive guys. with sensing guys is a little bit confusing sometimes.
    Let me guess, do you date more sensing guys?
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy View Post
    Let me guess, do you date more sensing guys?
    nah most of the guys I was interested in were IEIs and few SEEs. and I am gonna stick to these two types until I will find true ILI. Deltas no matter what type usually are interested in dating me...but me not so...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    My Si sucks and I'm pretty okay at telling one someone is making a sexual advance. The look in their eyes, their mannerisms, tone of voice. When they touch you more than is appropriate (ESI les friend who I eventually figured out wanted to screw me was WAY too touchy and borderline physically violent for the sake of flirting...yeah...)...the way they laugh and why (laughing with you or because of you despite the fact what they are laughing at/about is NOT that funny.). And so on. I've even had a guy friend try to force me to grope myself in front of him. Weird? Yeah...but he was ILE so what do you expect?

I admit, I USED to be super naive...but having gone through my teenage years...I've learned. I cannot even fathom being able to ignore sexual advances as much as I TRY to as I find it quite bothersome, sudden, and rude.

Not all these behaviors come with sexual advances, but when it turns intimate and one on one...heh. Awkward (unless the feeling is mutual which has yet to come in my case).
    Wouldn't reading movement more so an thing, including sexual advance than ?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women, unlike men, apparently are capable of reading a man's interest in her extremely accurate. I've even heard this to go so far as a woman being able to *feel* a man's lusty stare. Is this true?
    I think they can tell sexual interest fairly well.
    Relational interest, definitely not.

Even if they sort of 'guess' that a guy is physically into her, they're probably right, at least on some level.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Unless you're asexual (not possessing sexual feelings) this seems odd. Perhaps you misunderstood the question?

She's basically asking: how do you determine when you're attracted to someone as well as tell if someone is attracted to you
    I analyze my feelings and ask myself questions to determine how attracted I am to someone. Once I realize I am, I'm pretty much stuck being somewhat interested in the person's well-being for the rest of my life.
    sp/sx: Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them

The second part can be difficult. Being told is of course the easiest way, though that can get annoying if it's repeated too much. I compare them to me and why I may act the way they do.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily understand interest from my dual. Pretty bad at understanding interest from every other type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I check for boners.
    same!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women, unlike men, apparently are capable of reading a man's interest in her extremely accurate. I've even heard this to go so far as a woman being able to *feel* a man's lusty stare. Is this true? I would like some women to verify these hypothesis and tell me what they think.
    yes. I can. watch their eyes and see where they go. heh. I've had men look me up and down before without trying to hide that they're doing this. and then sometimes they get this little near-grin on their face. gah! Or the other type of man refuses to look at you at all because when he does, his face gets red because he's so attracted. That's really cute actually. (I think it's more likely for introverts to react that way) But the best stares are right in the eyes with no backing down.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes. I can. watch their eyes and see where they go. heh. I've had men look me up and down before without trying to hide that they're doing this. and then sometimes they get this little near-grin on their face. gah! Or the other type of man refuses to look at you at all because when he does, his face gets red because he's so attracted. That's really cute actually. (I think it's more likely for introverts to react that way) But the best stares are right in the eyes with no backing down.

ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    are you the red-faced kind?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can...it's always creepy if you're not attracted to him though. I don't know, I feel like I can pick this vibe up but then i'll usually doubt myself and convince myself it's nothing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    are you the red-faced kind?
    Red face AND staring right in the eyes with no backing down.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then that was a bold faced lie. Come ons to me go unnoticed so much my friends used to laugh at my ... uh... obliviousness

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I notice when a guy looks at me more often than usual, but don't know what to attribute it to. It could be attraction, admiration, scientific curiosity, the bird in my hair, or just a comfortable neck position. A guy thought I was looking at him the other day because he was in front of me to the right and my head naturally turns slightly to the right.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EWWWW sex is GROOSssssssssssssss =[ =[ =[

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all depends on the context. Am I out with my friends? If so, I interpret stupid conversation like "so where are you from," or "I've never seen you before, who do you usually hang out with" or anything along these trivial lines as sexual interests to SOME degree. If I'm at work I'm gonna interpret it as small talk. It's all about the degree to which they show attention to you in relation to the circumstance AND others. For instance, a friendly girl is just a friendly girl. If she's talking to me and everyone else in a really gregarious manner, I'm not going to assume interest. However if there's extended interest in me disproportionate to her interest in others, I'm going to begin entertaining the possibility that the girl likes me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't apply to me, I rarely notice things like body language and eye contact as I rarely pay close attention to it. Probably due to shyness and Se PoLR....
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a banana
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I am a banana

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.