Thread: Arnold Stephen Jacobs (A J Jacobs)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Arnold Stephen Jacobs (A. J. Jacobs)

I think he's ILE

A. J. Jacobs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An excerpt from the Wikipedia article:

Jacobs sees his life as a series of experiments in which he immerses himself in a project or lifestyle, for better or worse, then writes about what he learned.[3]
    In one of these experiments Jacobs read all 32 volumes of the Encyclopædia Britannica. He wrote about it in his humorous book, The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World (2004). In the book, he also chronicles his personal life along with various endeavors like joining Mensa.
    In 2005 Jacobs outsourced his life to India such that personal assistants would do everything for him from answering his e-mails to reading his children good-night stories and arguing with his wife. Jacobs wrote about it in an Esquire article called "My Outsourced Life" (2005).[4]
    In another experiment Jacobs wrote an article for Esquire called "I Think You're Fat" (2007),[5] about the experiment he conducted with Radical Honesty, a lifestyle of total truth-telling promoted by Virginia therapist Brad Blanton, whom Jacobs interviewed for the article.
    Jacobs's book The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible (2007) chronicles his experiment to live for one year according to all the moral codes expressed in the Bible, including stoning adulterers, blowing a shofar at the beginning of every month, and refraining from trimming the corners of his facial hair (which he followed by not trimming his facial hair at all). Paramount Pictures is developing a film version of The Year of Living Biblically, with director Julian Farino attached and Jay Reiss adapting the screenplay.[6][7]
    Jacobs is also the author of The Two Kings: Elvis and Jesus (1994), an irreverent comedic comparison of Elvis Presley and Jesus, and America Off-Line (1996). He also writes for mental floss, a trivia magazine.
    The working title of his next book is The Healthiest Human Being.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I glanced it over, and ILE looks reasonable. An LII might try that kind of thing, but he'd be much more serious and methodological about it. Otherwise, I can't see any other types doing such a thing for such reasons.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome guy IMO. Seems ILE. VIs ILE(Ne). However this part is kind of problematic:
    In one of these experiments Jacobs read all 32 volumes of the Encyclopædia Britannica.
    . How come he didn't get bored. ILEs get bored easily. Perhaps it's one of those sweet anomalies, exceptions, whatever, that makes you humble and that makes you say "I still have much to learn".