Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 85

Thread: The case for me as ENFp

  1. #1
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The case for me as whatever you want me to be

    After some intermittent discussions about the subject (me) with Ashton and the gang, we have come to the conclusion that I am Fi-ENFp. Sound reasonable at all? Comments, queries, concerns, criticisms?
    Last edited by Galen; 12-10-2009 at 08:28 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try INFp.
    Last edited by krieger; 11-15-2009 at 03:08 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Try INFp.
    .

  4. #4
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we're pretty sure that I'm not beta, or at least that's how my intertype relations seem to work.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  5. #5
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When you say it with that avatar, I cannot believe you.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  6. #6
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    When you say it with that avatar, I cannot believe you.

    skip to 4:12
    or if you're very dedicated watch the whole series
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  7. #7
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL

    Sick kid: Is my daddy going to be alright?
    Doctor: Your daddy is very sick, champ.
    Sick kid: Is he going to die?
    Doctor: We're doing all we can...but I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
    [Doctor getting paged]
    Doctor: I gotta get this. [pause] Sonofabitch. It's my boss. I gotta go.
    Sick kid: They work you too hard, sir. They should pay you a hero's wage!
    Doctor: You're a good kid.
    Sick kid: And you're a great doctor.
    [Doctor gets up and they salute each other.]
    Doctor: Don't take drugs.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  8. #8
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah it's basically the best show ever made
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  9. #9
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  10. #10
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is ISFp an option?

    Try to identify your dual, supervisor and conflictor. These are the easiest to identify relations.

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I think we're pretty sure that I'm not beta, or at least that's how my intertype relations seem to work.
    If you're using Ashton's typings, I wouldn't really trust intertypes, to be honest.

    Anyway, from Stickam, you don't strike me as EP or Ne base. You tend to sit very still and not look around all that much, but you're still reasonably loose; I'd say this points to INp. That you tend to be a Stickam regular (or so I assume) means you probably get on with the crowd there well, and that group is predominantly Alphas and Betas. Early guess therefore is INFp/IEI therefor.

    EDIT

    Another option is some sort of IJ type. I also wouldn't rule out Se base, but that's just because I don't know many and don't have an internal log of their energy or how they move. Also, VI isn't useful as a final verdict, necessarily, but it's a good place to start guessing from.

  12. #12
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Is ISFp an option?

    Try to identify your dual, supervisor and conflictor. These are the easiest to identify relations.
    My dual has to be some sort of Delta ST, although I've met very few delta STs in my time so I can't say for certain which one I enjoy more. Not sure about supervisor or conflictor though.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  13. #13
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFp-Fi is possible, but why not ENTj? What made you change your mind? (Or are you the same person who thought they were ENTj)
    INTp

  14. #14
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    ENFp-Fi is possible, but why not ENTj? What made you change your mind? (Or are you the same person who thought they were ENTj)
    Nope, must have been a different guy.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  15. #15
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    My dual has to be some sort of Delta ST, although I've met very few delta STs in my time so I can't say for certain which one I enjoy more. Not sure about supervisor or conflictor though.
    What is it that Delta ST's do that you admire/feel benefited from?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  16. #16
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    You've never struck me as an ENFp from your posts, I could be wrong of course.

    I'm also not sure what type you strike me as, just that "ENFp" doesn't jump out at me, usually I (think) I can spot them.

    Maybe you could explain a bit about yourself and why you think you are ENFp (or other possible types).

  17. #17
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You really think you're an Fi-ENFp? I have quite a different impression of them than you give off, probably wouldn't consider it any time soon.

  18. #18
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    You've seen how much I LOVE the stickam crowd overall. I'm definitely Delta NF.

    Think about it.
    Ditto. Although I wouldn't say I dislike Stickam.

  19. #19
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that isn't the craziest self-typing i've seen. i would entertain it if you could give some decent reasoning.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  20. #20
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you are INTp, not ENFp. I don't know where you get ENFp from actually.

    You VI as INTp, you behave/act like an INTp, your attitude and outlook is that of an INTp.

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Early guess therefore is INFp/IEI therefor.
    He doesn't really value Fe at all though, and doesn't respond warmly to my Fe like alphas/betas do.

  22. #22
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    that isn't the craziest self-typing i've seen. i would entertain it if you could give some decent reasoning.
    1. General consensus on socionix
    2. Love for Delta STs (not as much love for Gamma SFs)
    3. Decidedly not of the judging variety (debatable?)

    It's really down to ENFp and INFj


    Also it seems like the only reason people say I VI as INTp is because of my hair. Perhaps it's also that my eyes are in a perpetual state of shadow on stickam, due to poor lighting arrangements. I also feel like my physical attitude on stickam changes a bit, since I know that I'm being perpetually watched by others.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My general impression (based on your forum activity and seeing you once on stickam) is along the lines of EII.

    How do you feel about Se and EP temperament?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    You've seen how much I LOVE the stickam crowd overall. I'm definitely Delta NF.

    Think about it.
    Your type is still debatable amongst people on here
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh, the 'stickam crowd' is made up of people from all quadras. I think you're analyzing incorrectly there.

    You're not making any sense, Akra.

    Even if you are Delta, the stickam crowd is mostly Alpha, not Beta. So why would you be so opposed to it? And there are a few Fi-valuers there that you should share some common ground with, if that were the case.

    So you either dislike the people for non-socionics reasons, or are you a person that's oversensitive and doesn't mesh well in groups. Nothing wrong with that, but that explanation is a lot more accurate then what you just said.

  26. #26
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Uh, the 'stickam crowd' is made up of people from all quadras. I think you're analyzing incorrectly there.
    This guy right here
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  27. #27
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Perhaps, but I know myself best. I don't put much stock in near-strangers' opinion of my type.
    Well a lot of the idea is that the way one acts is directly indicative of one's type, and/or vice-versa. And if many people can't see in you what you see in yourself, that's either indicative of the ignorance of others, as you have stated, or of some more internal discrepancy that isn't being expressed properly.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  28. #28
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Fair enough. I don't enjoy ego trips and e-peens: that must be it.
    Interesting, I really haven't gotten any sense of overactive egos (in the Freudian sense I assume) from the stickam folk. I'm kinda wondering what you see that I don't.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  29. #29
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not always like that though. But yeah if I don't like what they're saying I try to just ignore it or leave, but most of the time I enjoy it.

  30. #30
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    I was examining my type potentials (EII and IEI) just yesterday with tereg, and going through the levels of functions it became obvious that it's EII. Thanks though.
    You're welcome?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  31. #31
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For people who think I'm INTp, I'd like to hear some evidence of me being Ni/Se.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  32. #32
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Whenever I'm in there, I'm barely engaged in the overall conversation anyway--I can only tolerate PMing a few people. Whenever I'm in there and socionics is the actual topic, it's the tone I've experienced--the desire to be the "top typer" and disregard for a person's self-knowledge in the face of the Almighty V.I.

    Rubs me the wrong way.
    I don't get that vibe at all. There is some us vs them though, but go to socionics.ws if you want to see worse lol.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  33. #33
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    You've seen how much I LOVE the stickam crowd overall. I'm definitely Delta NF.

    Think about it.

    i know you'll hate this, given that you've just posted a topic on how tereg is your most similar person on he planet, but i was entertaining ENFp for this guy based on slight similarities to tereg & what i think could be tendencies. i won't say for sure, but it's a hunch.


    let's not no-true-scotsman this or whatever.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are not IEI, you are SEI. The evidence is in your pictures, and the way you write/content. LSI (lol) would be another option, and if not ILE-Ti. I don't regard any Fi-Te type a viable option atm.
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.

  35. #35
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    If you are not IEI, you are SEI. The evidence is in your pictures, and the way you write/content. LSI (lol) would be another option, and if not ILE-Ti. I don't regard any Fi-Te type a viable option atm.
    This thread's been so derailed, I can't tell if this is about me or Akra haha.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  36. #36
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see. Well with that, I've now been typed as every introvert D:

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    If you are not IEI, you are SEI. The evidence is in your pictures, and the way you write/content. LSI (lol) would be another option, and if not ILE-Ti. I don't regard any Fi-Te type a viable option atm.
    What about my writing would have you believe I'm not Fi/Te?
    Last edited by Galen; 11-18-2009 at 01:26 AM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  37. #37
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. General consensus on socionix
    2. Love for Delta STs (not as much love for Gamma SFs)
    3. Decidedly not of the judging variety (debatable?)
    1. consensus among hobbyist psychologist don't count for much.
    2. you don't know your own type yet, so you can not identify other types reliably yet either.
    3. this is a good point.

    How do you relate to the standard descriptions of Extrovert/Introvert, Logic/Etics and Intuition/Sensation?

    Extroverts

    are interested in what is happening around them
    are open and often talkative
    compare their own opinions with the opinions of others
    like action and initiative
    easily make new friends or adapt to a new group
    say what they think
    are interested in new people
    easily break unwanted relations

    Introverts

    are interested in their own thoughts and feelings
    need to have own territory
    often appear reserved, quiet and thoughtful
    usually do not have many friends
    have difficulties in making new contacts
    like concentration and quiet
    do not like unexpected visits and therefore do not make them
    work well alone


    Sensing vs. Intuition

    Sensing is an ability to deal with information on the basis of its physical qualities and its affection by other information. Intuition is an ability to deal with the information on the basis of its hidden potential and its possible existence. The most common differences between Sensing and Intuitive types are shown below:

    Sensing types

    see everyone and sense everything
    live in the here and now
    quickly adapt to any situation
    like pleasures based on physical sensation
    are practical and active
    are realistic and self-confident

    Intuitive types

    are mostly in the past or in the future
    worry about the future more than the present
    are interested in everything new and unusual
    do not like routine
    are attracted more to the theory than the practice
    often have doubts


    Thinking vs. Feeling

    Thinking is an ability to deal with information on the basis of its structure and its function. Feeling is an ability to deal with information on the basis of its initial energetic condition and its interactions. The most common differences between Thinking and Feeling type are shown below:

    Thinking types
    are interested in systems, structures, patterns
    expose everything to logical analysis
    are relatively cold and unemotional
    evaluate things by intellect and right or wrong
    have difficulties talking about feelings
    do not like to clear up arguments or quarrels

    Feeling types
    are interested in people and their feelings
    easily pass their own moods to others
    pay great attention to love and passion
    evaluate things by ethics and good or bad
    can be touchy or use emotional manipulation
    often give compliments to please people

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    What about my writing would have you believe I'm not Fi/Te?
    You seem focused on the internal logical coherency of arguments. However, you could be EII-Ne, which has a flair of ENTp. Have you tried taking a test?

  39. #39
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    You seem focused on the internal logical coherency of arguments. However, you could be EII-Ne, which has a flair of ENTp. Have you tried taking a test?
    I've taken several tests multiple times over the course of approximately a year, and generally come up with EII. In what way does EII have a flair of ENTp?


    Alright, I've done some thinking, and is my case for me not valuing Ti:

    I sat in on a couple of logic classes the past couple weeks here at school. I found these classes to be trivial and unhelpful. Part of that may just be due to the fact that I didn't understand the terminology, so I'll give them that. But the entire class is laid out where sentences are dumbed down to variables devoid of meaning or intrinsic definition other than true/false. I feel that without knowing what exactly these variables mean at first, the task of organizing them seems pointless. This reaction seems to be more of Te favoring as opposed to Ti, although I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Galen; 12-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you enjoying this attention we're giving you, Arctures?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •