here are some things i've recently discovered about myself:

I'm always giving people life advice. People actively seek out my advice concerning issues with their life. Basically they do this because they know i will present them with the truth of the situation, or tell them what i've noticed about their behaviour/actions and how it relates to the question they are posing. Recent Examples, my friend is asking himself whether microbio is his true academic interest. I know he's very interested in the subject, but he seems much more fascinated by taking care of animals. I tell him he's a pet fiend(i mean, he has frogs, spiders he catches in his room, all sorts of bugs, etc.), and he should do some more direct study of wildlife. My other friend asks me, "what should i do with my life?" He's a very loud, naturally commanding person(can be obnoxious), i tell him he's best suited for a position in worker or business management. I also warn him of letting his emotions get in the way of his decisions, and to cut out some of the more frivilous aspects of his personality(when watching a movies or television he'll become visibly upset because he doesn't like an actor or character, i find this sort of reaction very disturbing). He generally spends a lot of time formulating his opinions on various arts instead of thinking about things of use.

Lately i've been thinking about the structure of society and how much of an impact money has on social status. I can't help but coming back to parts of my own life i looked over that make example of a wealth based class system(is there any other?). I remember my fifth grade class, all the kids who had wealthier parents had the supposed 'good' teacher, and all the rest of us had the so-called 'bad' teacher. This completely blows me away. The United States education system is in theory an equal opportunity structure, so how do the wealthy acquire better access to the system?

This is all leading up to permanent life decisions i have to make, and more importantly, believe in. when i consider the security my parents have provided, and the opportunities they've always put forth, i think it would be a disservice to them not to do something extraordinary with my life(and really, everyone should do something extraordinary with their life, as not to do a disservice to the world). I'm slightly confused because it seems i'm always trying to convince myself i'm making life decisions for the right reasons, but i can't make an important decsion without thinking about how it effects those around me. simply: I can't do anything for myself. This is why i'm chosing a medical career, i find it absolutely impossible to act out of self-interest.

Errm, truth is...i'm the most serious guy i know.