Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anxiety and ISXjs

Everyone experiences anxiety and anyone can have generalized anxiety disorder but I'm wondering if maybe Ne polrs are more likely to get it. I know an ISTj with GAD and I myself have some sort of anxiety problem.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Everyone experiences anxiety and anyone can have generalized anxiety disorder but I'm wondering if maybe Ne polrs are more likely to get it. I know an ISTj with GAD and I myself have some sort of anxiety problem.
    I think chronic anxiety is more of a physiological problem than a psychological one. I can think of ISxjs who are anxious, but I can also think of just as many who are extremely confident.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are thinking wrong. Chronic anxiety is a psychological problem which can become somatic.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    And you are thinking wrong. Chronic anxiety is a psychological problem which can become somatic.
    The fact is that there is a lot of evidence that suggests that many people have inherited a genetic proneness to anxiety from one or both parents.

For me, the anxiety comes first, followed by the "bad thoughts." If I take medicine that prevents the anxiety, I don't have any such thoughts.

Also, you have never had sex.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The fact is that there is a lot of evidence that suggests that many people have inherited a genetic proneness to anxiety from one or both parents.

For me, the anxiety comes first, followed by the "bad thoughts." If I take medicine that prevents the anxiety, I don't have any such thoughts.
    I don't see how the partial genetic heritability of anxiety or GAD is related to it being a psychological or physiological disorder. I personally agree with crazedrat that, at least for GAD, it is a psychological disorder that can manifest somatic symptoms. You can take medications that really only relive the somatic symptoms (like xanax, klonopin, etc...) or you can take anti-depressants that are supposed to treat both. Relieving the somatic symptoms (which is what I think you are referring to by "anxiety") might help you but it doesn't work that way for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I'm not an anxious person in general. There's not much that truly worries me. I guess, if something is bothering me, or I'm concerned about it - then I try to fix it. I probably plan out and prepare for things more than most other people do.

Every now and then I get paranoid about silly things - thinking I'm being followed/watched/someone's purposely acting against me - but I come to my senses fairly quickly, and make it all into a joke. I don't identify even a little with GAD.
    I am glad you are mentally sound
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate labels like 'Generalized Anxiety Disorders' because that's just a gimmick and tool for numb-nutters to get more money. I look at the whole person and the environment they grew in and stuff.

Anxiety can be energy , a sort of tonic that helps you actually accomplish things. I mean usually just people interpret it as 'wrong' though and just numb it down and repress all emotions. Cause their banal middle-class asses can't handle anything real.

If you are going crazy, that's actually a GOOD sign, because your body is being re-wired for higher frequencies to handle a situation better and interpret things more accurately. It's part of the process. Stop going to doctors and crying just cause things are uncomfortable. They don't care about you they just laugh behind your back and give u drugs and shit you don't need. Come on people wake the fuck up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I hate labels like 'Generalized Anxiety Disorders' because that's just a gimmick and tool for numb-nutters to get more money. I look at the whole person and the environment they grew in and stuff.

Anxiety can be energy , a sort of tonic that helps you actually accomplish things. I mean usually just people interpret it as 'wrong' though and just numb it down and repress all emotions. Cause their banal middle-class asses can't handle anything real.

totally. too much energy that's undirected caves in on itself though and puts the body into constant alert status. takes its toll.

If you are going crazy, that's actually a GOOD sign, because your body is being re-wired for higher frequencies to handle a situation better and interpret things more accurately. It's part of the process. Stop going to doctors and crying just cause things are uncomfortable. They don't care about you they just laugh behind your back and give u drugs and shit you don't need. Come on people wake the fuck up.
    some people think it's all part of the big brother conspiracy that's going on right now. i believe things are headed that way, but i'm not sure it's a conspiracy. i think it's how things are progressing. there will come a time of revolution and change eventually, though we'll all prolly be old by then.

if you let high anxiety fester for too too long, you end up needing chemicals to bring yourself back into some kind of acceptable homeostasis. sometimes though drug therapy can be temporary. then it's the getting off of the drugs that's the pain in the ass.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe most of modern-world anxiety is due to people not getting enough exercise/movement/sunlight.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

You have no idea what the fuck you are taking about. Those labels, which I realize not everyone fits into perfectly, help psychologists and psychiatrists to treat people. You can't test treatments on a schizophrenic if there is not agreed upon definition of a schizophrenic.

Normal anxiety is good sometimes to motivate people, but people with anxiety disorders obviously have unhealthy levels of anxiety that don't help them at all but actually harm them. Unhealthy levels prevent concentration, sleep, etc... and in the DSM it is actually required for anxiety disorders that the anxiety causes significant distress or impairment.

Going crazy is not good. Your not being re-wired for anything. I understand that having problems in your life can actually have good outcomes in the long run, but you have to realize you have a current problem and deal with it however it needs to be dealt with. This might include professionals and meds or it might not.

I realize you personally had bad experiences with professionals but there are actually people who give a fuck about other people, though, you obviously will never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I believe most of modern-world anxiety is due to people not getting enough exercise/movement/sunlight.
    No. If that was true then increasing all of those would magically cure people and it doesn't.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bardia maybe you're just 6 fixation? I experience constant, but fluctuating levels of anxiety.

I mean, it could be an actual disorder (on your part). I wouldn't know or want to downplay the possible seriousness of the situation by attributing it to typology.
    The end is nigh