Thread: Spencer Stern's new book

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spencer Stern's new book

For anyone who's curious how I found out, I get a daily feed on facebook about Spencer's projects, since I'm LIKE totally OMFG in his fan club!!!11

Spence Stern's book club

Memoirs of A Schizoid
    Memoirs Of A Schizoid details the most intimate story of the life of one of the UK's most promising and eminent philosophers. In this private journal Stern shares some of his most precious and sensitive thoughts as he suffered multiple "episodes" that required hospitalisation on numerous occasions between 2004 and 2009. This previously never published book is now being made public in the hope that other schizoids can learn that their "condition" is nothing more than a misunderstood lifestyle, not a psychopathy that needs "curing" per se. The words in this book are not for the feint of heart. Stern has literally reached out with his words in his narcissistic search for love from his peers. As evident by his idiosyncratic behaviours at times Stern has endeavoured to find "the one" who can truly 'cure' him of his seemingly non-existant social life.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spencer Sterns new book: how I did it wrong, and what I meant to say.

It costs more than the last one, but its totally worth it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Spencer Sterns new book: how I did it wrong, and what I meant to say.

It costs more than the last one, but its totally worth it.
    LOL
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please buy it and post it online or email it to me.

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Someone please buy it and post it online or email it to me.
    Click the "download for free" icon.

Creepy-male

Lol my icon is on that page, and I had no idea where I got it from... I just googled "socionics" -- odd coincidence

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, the font is just horrible. A 2-year-old would have been able to create a better graphic format for this stuff.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ISFj description is comical.

"Developed Fi naturally leads guardians to favour mercy or forgiveness for people who have committed heinous acts, anything from theft to murder to genocide ... "

Lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that could be true for a close friend of an ESI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fit ILI on here too, the book seems to go along with normal Socionics. It's easier for me to find out by comparing myself with Ti egos, their detailed analyses and deep conceptual understandings, compared to my baseless source of ideas and knowledge (the belief without proof), and my practical just work and what works logic, knowledge of methods not systems. I also liked the idea from this book of ILIs having an ironic wit to how they learn and also what they make of the world, that the world is not what it seems and so they make it more complicated by looking at opposite perspectives, from what I gathered, or usually just "what isn't" (and an MBTI description as well as this one calls INTPs intellectual risk-takers: "How do you not know if its right if you don't apply it first?" I think at times they can seem bold and aimless to others, because their source of ideas is fresh and untested.) Though this is just a recap on Socionics, a simplified version, and the ILI description talks too much about business or companies, something I have little experience and interest in. I can apply the Te to music though. I don't read the theory book (as others might be expected to do, like Si types, grounded in what is known), nor do I extend myself from there to analyze the patterns and logic of what I'm writing to pinpoint rules in a system, like say Bach would or Ti types who have a passion for music would attempt to discover, I just have a theme in my head and go for it and see if its going to work, with little analytical awareness. My Ti is a simple translative unconscious feed to Ni I think, so the analysis of music before it gets created happens when you're listening for days. Ti use would analyze the process of how the the notes combine in sequence and aim to figure out the complex underlying system, and then possibly, just maybe, be interested in attempting similarly (just like my good friend does when we talk about music composition.) Of course talent aside, an Ni type would first and foremost have an original unfounded musical idea, no matter if its good or bad. So I don't think they follow traditional routes, wouldn't be expected to have a large interest baroque or classical. Anyway, as you can see I used my Ni in this thread to theorize about music and Socionics in an untraditional way, so I should stop now and move on so I don't cause others confusion. The Te part of the description can be applied to other less interesting areas of my life too, probably to where it makes more traditional sense, but music is significant so I'll start there.

All in all, its a decent comparison between ILI and LII. ILI has the internal perception, and devalues the deep conceptual understandings, instead wanting things to work in real life. Sees the process of learning that much a waste of time, not wanting to get into the gritty details and connections. LIIs don't care as much about the practical use as much as they do the full understanding of it. "What's the point of doing if you don't know what you're doing?" They sound very smart to me, but not something I would ever concern myself with (actually rather something I'd say as an excuse to get out of work, heh). I know IEIs are much more analytically oriented as well, in the Ti way of getting all the details, keywords and systematic relationships, ideas that don't matter to me because they're Ni with Ti, baseless sources of ideas or truths, oriented to potential deep conceptual understandings instead of effective ones, even if both are based around workable experiences (and this is key I think, that the difference is not whether something is real or only theoretical, but rather how much speculation and theorization is really necessary before you can see a result or are logically confirmed.) LIIs feed much more of this than IEIs. I don't see the practical use in such abstract analysis (respectively speaking). I can only theorize so far into tipping the basics, and of course clarifying posts like these come now and then from me.

ILIs are not commonly productive, lazy is a good word, yet they try to know what works and what doesn't work, so Te is more like an intellectual potential for their ideas.
    Last edited by 717495; 10-28-2010 at 10:48 AM.