Thread: Irony?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Irony?

1) Link: 1) Semantic Content of Symbols Used in Socionics - Wikisocion

"Fi: A sense that relationships are ethical or unethical, that a person's character traits are good or bad, that one wishes or does not wish to do something, etc."

- This fits me to a T.

2) Link: Filatova ESE - Wikisocion

- These are the character traits that I define as "good", while those that are opposite I define as "bad."

Jason

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you take the bolded bit out of that first sentence (and make it make sense), it'd be out of context - there are different ways of determining something as good or bad!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filatova seemed to just take things from Keirsey which are irrelevant to socionics so I almost don't care about anything said in those descriptions, but other than that I agree. Good and bad is in context.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    If you take the bolded bit out of that first sentence (and make it make sense), it'd be out of context - there are different ways of determining something as good or bad!
    Okay, but how would you interpret "wishes or does not wish to do something"? I mean, I wish to do Ne/Si and Ti/Fe tasks (and to avoid other tasks). I could see how judging someone's character might deal with morals, etc. But I'm not sure how this particular statement could relate to those types of things. (And that is exactly what made me intepret the other statement the way I did...)

Jason

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your real question? Is it just about wording or are you now questioning the conceptions of Fi?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What's your real question? Is it just about wording or are you now questioning the conceptions of Fi?
    If the supposed misinterpretations I've made are just because of wording, then, yes, that is what I'm asking about. If, on the other hand, Fi is actually about "desiring or not desiring to do something", etc., then I think that what is displayed above is a poor conception of Fi. I find it hard to believe that there is anyone who doesn't have fairly strong desires. Isn't that what basically drives us?

Jason

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, generally I see nothing too informative from those descriptions and there are many of these poor conceptions of Fi going around. These observations can be explained in a sort of intuitive sense which I think could be enlightened upon, but for the most part does not logically fit the wording shown, nor should it.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Okay, but how would you interpret "wishes or does not wish to do something"?
    I think in the full context, the Fi type has a sense about whether or not they wish to do something akin to a nose responding to a "good" or a "bad" smell.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I think in the full context, the Fi type has a sense about whether or not they wish to do something akin to a nose responding to a "good" or a "bad" smell.
    In terms of morality or something else?

Jason