Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type am I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type am I?

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:43 PM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive-logical-ekstravert
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow...hard to say. you have a lot of into there that seems to go in one direction, but then you go off in another direction. so i'm not sure. what type do you think you are? how old are you?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by energystar View Post
    Female, 5.2”, medium build, square body type, hips and shoulder the same width, gain weight in the midsection like a man, not on my hips and thighs like most females. Rectangular face, forehead and jaw equal width, square jaw, square forehead.
    All trough life I have been told that I am “a brute”, meaning that I am too rough physically, I don’t sit down in a chair I drop myself into it, I walk heavily, I break stuff and I can be generally rather clumsy.

Despite this I have always been very artistic. My favorite pastime as a child was drawing, sewing (taught myself how do sew clothes) and spending time in nature.
    I have always loved animals, and I also like bugs, frogs, spiders. I have never been squeamish, afraid of the dark or bugs.

seems sensing.

I have been good in pretty much every sport I have tried, downhill skiing, karate, kickboxing, gymnastics, but I can’t claim to be a very sporty person, I lose interest fast.

also sensing; EP temperament.

I was very introverted until I started school at age 7, I then I became very extroverted among people, but still needed a lot of alone time. In my late twenties I started to introvert more and I now consider myself more introvert than extrovert. Spending time with people tend to drain me and my idea of hell on earth are shopping malls, large family get togethers such as weddings, christenings, parties etc., business parties and networking events, formal dinners etc.

logical. introverted.

I like spending time alone, reading and pondering things such as personality type.

introverted.

I must always be DOING something or I get so restless I go insane. I am not one to lay in bed all day or relax on the beach. (boring)

EP temperament.

When stressed or needing to think things through long walks are the best medicine. I have a few good friends, I like to talk if the topic is something interessting or if its a problem that needs to be solved.

Si valuing.

Some still claim that I must be extrovert due to the following behavior:
    I will say exactly what is on my mind, I have always been accused of being blunt and too honest, I have no trouble standing up for myself, speaking up in groups or interrupting others. I think quick and I talk quick.

Se. Logical.

I can be somewhat commandeering and critical, but I have no wish to lead other or to be lead.

Se role?

Even as a small child I was not a very cuddly, I was one to crawl into my parents bed or hug for extended periods of time. I liked a quick hug when I was upset but not much more. I am still not a very cuddly person, don’t enjoy much hugging or holding hands etc.

not Si valuing.

On the other hand I was very sensitive as a child, and was easily offended and hurt by peoples words (according to my mom anyway)

weak ethics.

Theme trough life is a very low boredom threshold, a blatant disregard for rules I don’t see the point of, trouble committing and a very strong need for personal freedom.

Ne or Se leading.

I have worked most of my adult life in the creative field, graphic design, illustration, web design etc. I also enjoy the technical side of my stuff and learn new programs and systems really fast.

Ti in ego.

I have real issues with being told what to do.

Se role?

At the same time I have a very strong work ethic, I can’t do poor work, and I am a sucker for praise and admiration. I want to be great at what I do and I tend to overextend myself. I
    I can be very charming and sell you on pretty much anything if I want to.

Fe hidden agenda.

I start a lot of projects but can be poor on follow through.

ENP

I am good at determining the size/scale of real life objects and I have an incredible memory for colors.

sensing.

I am also very good at determining how to do something in the most efficient and practical way.

strong Te.

I am horrible bad at remembering people’s faces and names, UNLESS I see them on television, I can almost instantly recognize every movie I have seen(and that is a LOT), even if I just see a few seconds in the middle of it.

intuition in ego.

I used to be a total slob, hate cooking and cleaning, but over the years I have learned to clean and organize my things and I am pretty good at it now. Still don’t cook though. I used to be late for everything.

Se role? improving over time?

I have never felt very feminine or girly, I did a lot of bad stuff as a kid and teenager but I was real smart about it and never got caught. I liked taking risks and doing things that where dangerous or even illegal. I still get a kick out of that but I don’t give in to it anymore. I was a straight A student, mostly due to my very competitive personality, I have since learned to be less competitive and not try to be the best at everything.

logic. EP temperament.

Overly emotional displays makes me very uncomfortable, along with illogical arguments for why someone deserves something. Example being people dragging up their sad childhood and crying as an argument to win say a singing contest. I can see what one thing has to do with the other. I don’t like sentimental people, people who are too idealistic or people who pity themselves and blame the world for their misfortune.

seems SeTi.

I can be a hothead, (less so with age) but it passes quickly. I am very hard to get to know well, I like to keep people at a distance, but when someone gets on my good side (after a couple of years) they are in for good. I feel no need to keep in regular contact with friends in order to be good friends, I can see you in two years and it’s like no time has passed. Female friends seem to have trouble with this part, males not so much.

seems SeTi.

I am very kind and I show my appreciation for people by doing stuff for them and/or helping them out. I can be very supportive. I feel a deep connection with nature and all sorts of animals. Not that gushy feely connection of people who just love cute animals such as bunnies and kittens but freaks out if they see a beetle. I genuinely have a deep love and respect for all animals to the point where I won’t squash spiders but carry them outside instead, they are after all just being their spidery selves. I have done this since I early childhood.

maybe not type related? but i have seen a lot of ILE's who love animals.

Typical fears of mine have always been getting stuck, being trapped and limited in some way. I don’t spend any time fearing accidents, plane crashes, fires, germs, diseases etc.

seems more Se leading than Ne leading.

If someone tells me their big dream I tend to want to know how they are going to achieve it (practical steps), I don’t mind arguing for arguments sake and I like playful banter.

creative logic.

Under stress I tend to become angry and irritable. Prolonged stress makes me very negative about the future.

Si dual seeking.

Sorry for the extremely long post, I am trying to give as much info as possible.

Can anyone give me their opinion on what type they think I am?
    i think you are prolly an SLE or an ILE. leaning more toward ILE with a Ti subtype, which would explain the introversion.

ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we got another live one people!

welcome, btw, to this addictive place.

ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hurray!
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp really?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:58 PM.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you're def E7 and EXTp.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, that was good, Blaze.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're definitely Alpha. Which Alpha type, I'm not quite sure, but I'd definitely lean toward ENTp. You do sort of remind me of an ISFp I knew as well, but in my experience they usually don't have the patience to post something like this.
    ENTp>ISFp>INTj (I only put INTj because of slight evidence of Se PoLR, probably just Se role though, and there was more evidence of Fi PoLR.)

I agree with archon, probably E7, my guess is sx/sp, you sound impassioned. I felt a strong presence of Si and Ne in what you said (physical stuff, nature, etc for Si, general writing style and temperament seem more Ne,) so I'm conflicted about which subtype you might be, though I'd lean more toward Ne despite the heavy Si.

"I am very kind and I show my appreciation for people by doing stuff for them and/or helping them out. I can be very supportive. I feel a deep connection with nature and all sorts of animals. Not that gushy feely connection of people who just love cute animals such as bunnies and kittens but freaks out if they see a beetle. I genuinely have a deep love and respect for all animals to the point where I won’t squash spiders but carry them outside instead, they are after all just being their spidery selves. I have done this since I early childhood."
    I show my appreciation in the same way. I used to carry spiders outside a lot, I don't have anything against them, but now I sometimes kill them what I feel lazy. I kill ants without much reservation, but that's because I see the hive as the life-form and the ants as extensions of it, so I'm not really hurting the hive. SX Egram might qualify this deeper connection.

"All trough life I have been told that I am “a brute”, meaning that I am too rough physically, I don’t sit down in a chair I drop myself into it, I walk heavily, I break stuff and I can be generally rather clumsy."
    I've never been referred to as a brute, but that description describes my parents dismay at my abuse of furniture and and T-rexy walking.

"I have never felt very feminine or girly" me neither...

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:00 PM.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is still a valued function, so it's not like you don't have it. Your writing just seems very stylistically Ne, and I'd expect more Ti-ish things if you were a Ti sub.

The energy level of your writing remind me of myself when I throw out a giant narcissistic block, as well another another 7-ENTp I know. I tested as an E5 and an INTj, if you have referenced tests at all.

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I have real issues with being told what to do. At the same time I have a very strong work ethic, I can’t do poor work, and I am a sucker for praise and admiration. I want to be great at what I do and I tend to overextend myself. I
    I can be very charming and sell you on pretty much anything if I want to. I start a lot of projects but can be poor on follow through."

Se nonvalued (function 3 or 4) and clear signs of Ep temperament and Fe. You seem to value Si, so Si PoLR (ENTj) would be quite surprising as would Fe role.

The overemotional displays and dislike of physical intimacy with your parents could be the Fi PoLR. It's like having trouble judging boundaries and psychological distance. I am squarely about physical contact when I am unsure of the definition of my relationship. So if I get a hug from a girl, and I don't know what the deal is, I don't want to go all into it and make her think I'm squishing her tits and grinding her. Basically you don't know where others boundaries are. Your connection to nature seems very Si to me. Perhaps with the the emotional displays you're really unsure of how you should react; what would be appropriate.

Pretty much everything about you sounds ENTp. While I'm not a wild one, the so/sx and sx/so ENTp's can be.

Besides, glam doesn't have a spaceship as her avatar, are you really going to trust her?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp/SLE seems very likely

I have to commend you, this was an amazingly well written, detailed, self description
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some ST. NT's usually don't have their shit as together as you seem to have.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like something Joy can have easily written. I believe you are a EJ solely based on your writing style. I don't understand at all where ILE is coming from or Alpha. I have to vote ENTj on your type.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ohhhhh man.

one day.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yeah call me crazy, but this is a very Te- and Gamma-oriented self-description (and imo a really well-written one with lots of socionics-relevant info.) I don't see much here suggesting Ne-leading. I'm going to say LIE/ENTj.

btw energystar, your MBTI type and socionics type are not necessarily the same. do you identify with these descriptions?

LIE descriptions: Logical intuitive extrovert - Wikisocion, Stratievskaya LIE - Wikisocion
    EJ temperament: EJ temperament - Wikisocion

I'm not sure if you've looked into the information elements and functions or not, but if you are LIE you would have (a.k.a. 'Te' or 'Extroverted Logic') as your leading function, the primary lens through which you view the world
    Extroverted logic - Wikisocion
    Notes on "The Semantics of the Information Elements" (scroll down to 'Extroverted Logic')
    she says her husband is SEI though...and he concurs with ILE description...i highly doubt LIE, since she be her husband's conflictor then.

if anything SLE ... perhaps VI would help in this instance?

ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:01 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After you explained about the "touching" part I can see ENTp>ESTp, now.
    That was one of the reasons I thought Si seeking sounded unlikely, since I thought it meant you didn't like to be coddled, but since you explained that it's because it causes physical discomfort it made a lot of sense

Anywho, welcome to the forum
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    I have been trying to correctly type myself for some time and I find it difficult. I have even asked friends and family to help but their opinion vary probably due to biases so I would really appreciate if someone who don’t know me took a shot at it.

About me
    Physical description:
    Female, 5.2”, medium build, square body type, hips and shoulder the same width, gain weight in the midsection like a man, not on my hips and thighs like most females. Rectangular face, forehead and jaw equal width, square jaw, square forehead.
    All trough life I have been told that I am “a brute”, meaning that I am too rough physically, I don’t sit down in a chair I drop myself into it, I walk heavily, I break stuff and I can be generally rather clumsy.

Despite this I have always been very artistic. My favorite pastime as a child was drawing, sewing (taught myself how do sew clothes) and spending time in nature.
    I have always loved animals, and I also like bugs, frogs, spiders. I have never been squeamish, afraid of the dark or bugs.

I have been good in pretty much every sport I have tried, downhill skiing, karate, kickboxing, gymnastics, but I can’t claim to be a very sporty person, I lose interest fast.

I was very introverted until I started school at age 7, I then I became very extroverted among people, but still needed a lot of alone time. In my late twenties I started to introvert more and I now consider myself more introvert than extrovert. Spending time with people tend to drain me and my idea of hell on earth are shopping malls, large family get togethers such as weddings, christenings, parties etc., business parties and networking events, formal dinners etc.

I like spending time alone, reading and pondering things such as personality type. I must always be DOING something or I get so restless I go insane. I am not one to lay in bed all day or relax on the beach. (boring) When stressed or needing to think things through long walks are the best medicine. I have a few good friends, I like to talk if the topic is something interessting or if its a problem that needs to be solved.

Some still claim that I must be extrovert due to the following behavior:
    I will say exactly what is on my mind, I have always been accused of being blunt and too honest, I have no trouble standing up for myself, speaking up in groups or interrupting others. I think quick and I talk quick. I can be somewhat commandeering and critical, but I have no wish to lead other or to be lead.

Even as a small child I was not a very cuddly, I was one to crawl into my parents bed or hug for extended periods of time. I liked a quick hug when I was upset but not much more. I am still not a very cuddly person, don’t enjoy much hugging or holding hands etc. On the other hand I was very sensitive as a child, and was easily offended and hurt by peoples words (according to my mom anyway)

Theme trough life is a very low boredom threshold, a blatant disregard for rules I don’t see the point of, trouble committing and a very strong need for personal freedom.
    I have worked most of my adult life in the creative field, graphic design, illustration, web design etc. I also enjoy the technical side of my stuff and learn new programs and systems really fast.
    I have been self employed for the most part. My record as a regular employee is 1 year and 7 months. I really wanted to make that job work for me and I sure tried my best to be positive and stay with it, but in the end I was so frustrated that I had severe three day migraine attacks almost every weekend until I quit.

I have real issues with being told what to do. At the same time I have a very strong work ethic, I can’t do poor work, and I am a sucker for praise and admiration. I want to be great at what I do and I tend to overextend myself. I
    I can be very charming and sell you on pretty much anything if I want to. I start a lot of projects but can be poor on follow through. I am good at determining the size/scale of real life objects and I have an incredible memory for colors. I am also very good at determining how to do something in the most efficient and practical way.

I am horrible bad at remembering people’s faces and names, UNLESS I see them on television, I can almost instantly recognize every movie I have seen(and that is a LOT), even if I just see a few seconds in the middle of it. I used to be a total slob, hate cooking and cleaning, but over the years I have learned to clean and organize my things and I am pretty good at it now. Still don’t cook though. I used to be late for everything.

I have never felt very feminine or girly, I did a lot of bad stuff as a kid and teenager but I was real smart about it and never got caught. I liked taking risks and doing things that where dangerous or even illegal. I still get a kick out of that but I don’t give in to it anymore. I was a straight A student, mostly due to my very competitive personality, I have since learned to be less competitive and not try to be the best at everything.

Overly emotional displays makes me very uncomfortable, along with illogical arguments for why someone deserves something. Example being people dragging up their sad childhood and crying as an argument to win say a singing contest. I can see what one thing has to do with the other. I don’t like sentimental people, people who are too idealistic or people who pity themselves and blame the world for their misfortune.

I can be a hothead, (less so with age) but it passes quickly. I am very hard to get to know well, I like to keep people at a distance, but when someone gets on my good side (after a couple of years) they are in for good. I feel no need to keep in regular contact with friends in order to be good friends, I can see you in two years and it’s like no time has passed. Female friends seem to have trouble with this part, males not so much.

I am very kind and I show my appreciation for people by doing stuff for them and/or helping them out. I can be very supportive. I feel a deep connection with nature and all sorts of animals. Not that gushy feely connection of people who just love cute animals such as bunnies and kittens but freaks out if they see a beetle. I genuinely have a deep love and respect for all animals to the point where I won’t squash spiders but carry them outside instead, they are after all just being their spidery selves. I have done this since I early childhood.

Typical fears of mine have always been getting stuck, being trapped and limited in some way. I don’t spend any time fearing accidents, plane crashes, fires, germs, diseases etc.

If someone tells me their big dream I tend to want to know how they are going to achieve it (practical steps), I don’t mind arguing for arguments sake and I like playful banter.

Under stress I tend to become angry and irritable. Prolonged stress makes me very negative about the future.

Sorry for the extremely long post, I am trying to give as much info as possible.

Can anyone give me their opinion on what type they think I am?
    LIE.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for playing!

That "spaceship as an avatar" comment alone could have sold me on Entp.
    The physical contact thing is not because I am unsure of boundaries, I think it’s because I find it slightly painful to be touched directly on the skin. Not to go all new age on you guys but the best explanation of the feeling is that it’s almost like I feel a slight electrical current when people touch my skin and it is a tad uncomfortable. I have NO idea why it feels like this but it’s always been there. Might not have anything to do with personality type. It is very easy for me to become sensory overloaded, spending time at a mall for instance is like being bombarded with sensory input and it makes me dizzy, disoriented and frazzled. I am also very sensitive to sounds and smells.

I have read several descriptions on the various types and right now I am at that point where I find things that fit and don’t fit in all the types.
    I think I have information overload and can’t seem to sort it all out, its damn hard to see yourself from the outside.

Maybe VI will help? Here are some pictures, sorry for the poor quality and small size I took them with my webcam.
    I have tried to show typical facial expressions of mine – the one sided smile is something I always do, the sideway glance is my usual pose for pictures. It can be very hard to get a decent photograph of me because my facial expression changes rapidly and I am usually unable to smile naturally on command. I tend to frown and squint when concentrating. Enclosed a childhood picture as well.

Pictures by energystar_album - Photobucket

When looking at my pictures I wonder if my extroversion is learnt behavior?
    You look like more of an INTj than an ENTp in those photos. My photos don't usually scream out ENTp either, I look pretty dim. Your writing seems way more ENTp. Don't talk extroversion literally, social extroversion is most certainly a skill. In socionics, it just means that you view the world through an extroverted function (Ne.) This threw me off as well, because I felt pretty certain the I connected with Ne, and Ne was my leading function, but I wasn't an extrovert by the normal definition. Also the Ep temperament, with it's energy fluctuations, sporadic interests, excitedly starting and not finishing, fit me pretty well.

I though the spaceship thing might be a guiding light. All ENTp's love spaceships, and we kill the ones who don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of Joy a bit in your pictures, who self-types LIE.

Some information that might help you decide:

* http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

(try also this one: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...overted_ethics)

The IM elements ("functions" from MBTI). This is what should be given #1 priority when trying to find a type. Not quadra values, not temperaments-- etc.

* You can also try these tests that work very well:

http://valaas.site90.net/socionics_test.html
    http://www.socionic.qsh.eu/Test.aspx

* The descriptions present at this site are short, but IMO, pretty good. The VI pictures they contain are useful as well.

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index.html

* Another VI gallery:

Let us know of your findings :wink:

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what do you know, I might very well be LII - the description seemed quite fitting.

So to broaden the picture a little bit here is some inside information into my mystical and highly confusing world of feelings.

All my life I have pretty much felt like I was an advanced piece of alien equipment that had fallen to earth by some mistake. I never felt at home in my family and I considered my parents to be children from an early age – I still see them as kids.

Trouble is I know I am advanced I just don’t know what my function is and neither does anyone else. In short – I am bored. I try to alleviate this by delving into various passions, I submerge completely into whatever currently holds my attention, (workaholic) until I become bored (again), upon which I surface and become somewhat depressed (always depressed and irritated/angry when bored).

Although I may appear to have my “shit together” I really don’t – I just keep myself busy. My work life has been nothing but a series of my “latest passions” – but as soon as I master or understand something I am bored again and want to do something completely different. I yearn for some consistency and a coherent plan but nothing seems able to hold my attention long enough. I have tried to just “decide” on a path and stick to it, but nothing will make me stay on track once the big ol’ B for Boredom strikes again.

I no longer tell people about my latest "big plan" because since we all know I won't keep at it for very long it is getting somewhat embarrasing.

To use the advanced alien tool analogy - even though nobody (myself included) seems to know the proper use for me I sometimes find a temporary function as a doorstopper, paperweight, murder weapon or whatever. This can be a welcome distraction but clearly not my intended purpose. It is frustrating, but what can one do?

Oh and yeah, I spent most of my childhood at the local library, I remember vividly when I got my first library card at age 8 and realized that I could lend as many books as I wanted, free of charge!!! I got my library card myself, I used to get money and buy my own clothes from the age of 10-11.
    I became obsessed with chess around the age 9-10, taught myself how to play and walked around the neighborhood trying to get the other kids to play with me. Some did but they all sucked so after a while I gave up on chess. At age 13 I spent my first summer holiday alone at home, I refused to participate in yet another caravan adventure. I really enjoyed being alone at home. I was a very independent child.

I LOATHE teamwork, it's my way or the highway baby!

So - what do you guys think? Still sound ILE, LIE or is it maybe really LII?

(me,me,me,me,me, let me know when you all get bored of this)
    I don't know what these people are smoking typing you as an Ej gamma NT. Your writing screams alpha NT, which means your either ILE or LII. The way you describe yourself as an alien tool is highly indicative of Ne, where Ni types like LIE's (if you want to use that notation) tend to be very grounded in the world. That sort of creative language and metaphor is quite atypical for them; they tend to be very direct (ILI's less so than LIE's from what I've seen.)

Your temperament sounds very Ep (ie ENTp aka ILE.) I'm a student, and if I'm interested in something I can usually learn it extremely quickly. On the other hand, if I'm bored with it, I'll pretty much disregard to the greatest degree possible without killing my grades.

I sort of take up different interests, and get to what I would describe as a good level of competency, and then I get bored and change to something else. For instance I was a big PC gamer a few years ago, but I would rarely stick to a single game for more than a few months, once I was one of the valuable people, I would be done and change to something else. I also periodically get hip to the computer-tech scene, figure out what the best computer I can build for the money is, and then ignore the tech scene for quite a while until most of the parts have changed and I have to relearn what's valuable and how things perform again. I've also taught myself how to build bicycle wheels (not mastered, but acceptable I guess.) The overall patern for me, I would say, is that once I have been through the learning curve, and practicing of something stops being much of an exercise in improvement, and more just a task, I lose interest. A lot of my focus tends to be on finding creative ways to assemble different objects, so games where you have to conceptualize and create, or building things out of components (computers, bicycle wheels) really appeal to me. Basically once the creative part is done, I don't care about the follow-through much.

I'm working on getting a physics degree, and then grad school, so with a bit of luck, my work won't be boring, but I think most mundane jobs would drive me nuts. Shit it took me like a month and a half to move my electric toothbrush 10 feet from my bedroom to my bathroom.

As for LII vs ILE again, you should feel pretty good about either description, because the two types are quite similar. The temperament is the determining factor, and you come off irrational. LII's tend to be sort of, structured and rigid, also very theoretical and removed. Things like "my way or the highway baby" generally go against what I'd expect from LII, it's a little too zany, and clearly filled with sarcasm. But the two types just swap the order of the functions contained in each block, so they are going to have very similar attributes. The LIE that people keep bringing up on the other hand, has the opposite functions, and is completely different. The my way or the highway thing would again be weird kind of weird coming from an LIE, like implied subtext and sarcasm aren't how they speak.

I looked at your pictures again, and I think you match decently enough with ILE, you kind of remind me of Aušra Augustinavičiūtė, the woman who created socionics (unfortunately all the pictures of her suck):
    http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/4/augusta_2.jpg
    http://www.socioniko.net/admin/aushra.jpg

She's a Ti-ILE, and I'm thinking that your emphasis on Si stuff, and that I kind of got an INTj vibe from your picture, it's more likely that you're the Ti-ILE (Ti/Si most valued.)

I don't know joy, but the list I use has her as ESFj (Alpha, like you.) Alphas have spoken well of her, so my guess is her self-type is wrong. Also I can't see how anyone thinks your Ej from what you've said, you're classic Ep (shifting interests, easily bored, and I'd guess your energy levels and moods fluctuate)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    I don't know what these people are smoking typing you as an Ej gamma NT. Your writing screams alpha NT, which means your either ILE or LII. The way you describe yourself as an alien tool is highly indicative of Ne, where Ni types like LIE's (if you want to use that notation) tend to be very grounded in the world. That sort of creative language and metaphor is quite atypical for them; they tend to be very direct (ILI's less so than LIE's from what I've seen.)
    If you don't know what you're talking about (which you clearly don't); you would do better by not blabber-mouthing about it.

That said, I overall agree with the rest of your post.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

energystar you do look more LII in your photos. but your self description seems more EP temperament.

i believe that you are at an age where you can self type pretty effortlessly, and the fact that your husband would pick out the socionics ILE description says a lot, since he knews you a lot better and in many more contexts than anyone on line. there's not that much difference in MBTI and socionics type descriptions for the type of ILE, anyway.

having said that, you do seem like a Ti subtype, since i don't pick up on all that much Ne in your posts. it is not uncommon for a person to lean on their creative function a lot more as you age. esp with Ne, since it's application sometimes drives a lot of people insane....you kind of get reinforced to leaning on your creative in some environments.

glamarama: give your evidence for LIE then.

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You definitely sound LIE. Alpha NT is ridiculous suggestion. I'm kind of perplexed, Te ego is obvious.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, ENERGYSTAR. Welcome to the 16types, where everything is obvious to everyone because we each have the one true socionics or whatever. It's a crap shoot, so I hope you are prepared for getting told you are ridiculous and an idiot for deciding to go with whatever type you decide makes the most sense.

I lean ENTp pretty strongly. You have a sense of rush in your writing that reminds me a lot of my own. INTjs seem more contemplative or careful or something.

Anyways, enjoy the forums as best you can, and KEEP IT REAL, GRRRRRRLLL

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, a lot of intuitive logicals don't have interest in math or science, plenty of ethical types do. It's not type related.

I think LIE makes fairly good sense. You've demonstrated themes of the LIE personality in your self-description.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI doesn't make much sense to me. I would say ExTp for you, and also that you are probably enneagram 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast