Thread: School of Associative Socionics: The type of singer, componist, their music

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default School of Associative Socionics: The type of singer, componist, their music

Hello to all!
    In this thread we can discuss the possible types of singers, componists and we can relate it to their music too.
    At the russian forum I have got the socionist Ruslan Stepanov who does it so quickly that I never manage to catch up with him. I am more interested in typing music but some of us could be more interested in typing singers and componists. if it is the case with you - this is your thread to develop. I could post a few examples of typing from Ru if you wish?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure about what's exactly on your mind, but i'd just love to hear who the hell is joel Zimmerman aka deadmau5.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to figure out what functions are these songs?

Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    I could post a few examples of typing from Ru if you wish?
    Yeah, please do... that would be cool.

My typings. I'm going to type them as either Static or Dynamic... because that dichotomy seems to be the easiest to easily distinguish. Then I'm going to put their type, which may or may not be accurate.

50 Cent - Static (SEE)
    Chopin - Dynamic (IEI)
    Avril Lavigne - Dynamic (IEI)
    Blur - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Britney Spears - Mostly depends on the composer, her earlier stuff mostly Dynamic her later stuff mostly Static (SEE)
    Coldplay - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    David Bowie - Dynamic (IEI probably and not EIE)
    Delta Goodrem - Dynamic (IEI)
    Eminem - Dynamic (IEI)
    Eva Cassidy - Dynamic (IEI)
    Flaming Lips - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Jeff Buckley - Dynamic (IEI)
    Joy Division - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Katy Perry - Dynamic (IEI)
    Keane - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Killing Joke - Dynamic (singer: EIE)
    Kylie Minogue - Dynamic (IEI)
    Linkin Park - Dynamic (singer: EIE)
    Marilyn Manson - Dynamic (IEI probably not EIE, too erratic)
    Muse - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Nirvana - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    Oasis - Dynamic w/Static singer (this band is interesting... because it seems both very Se and Dynamic. Singer Liam Gallagher probably SEE while Noel Gallagher probably IEI)
    Paris Hilton - Depends on the composer (SEE)
    Radiohead - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    The Arcade Fire - Dynamic (singer: IEI)
    The Veronicas - Dynamic
    Tori Amos - Dynamic (IEI)
    U2 - Dynamic (singer: EIE)

I'm not sure if they're mostly IEIs, or I just type them as IEI, or I just tend to mostly listen to musicians that are IEIs. If they're not IEI then they're either EIE or SEE... hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stromberg
    Let's stop using this outdated measure - which has about as much scientific validity as your astrological sign.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ок. I will post some of the typings by Ru but I am not behind him because our opinoins usually very different and I hardly looked through all his typings myself.

ESTJ:

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFP from Ru

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Linas
    ESFP is possible by the look of his interview and trance music I relate to ENFP and generally to Id -types.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure about Gaga. We have got in Russia a singer Alla Pugacheva who has got a strong voice and very vide range of songs and is typed as SEE by majority of socionists. I would consider some of the qualities of her music like static -dynamic or the way she is dressing up herself and may be some interviews.

I would think that Aguilera also could be SEE.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some interviews of Gaga:

^ What she's saying seems IP to me.

I don't know, in person she seems kind of quiet, soft, unassuming and nervy (especially in the last one, also somewhat analytical and into general long-range goals). I think I like her more in person than how she is being portrayed by the music industry. It's quite a contrast to the "24/7 partier" image that she has.
    Last edited by Singu; 11-24-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Let's stop using this outdated measure - which has about as much scientific validity as your astrological sign.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting interviews. I have seen interviews with Freddy Mercury, he also is not forthcoming, rather reserved and nervy a bit. On the other hand if she is an ESFP then it is also understandable because of Fi creative and Ti sensitive. I asked some ISFP ajbout Gaga, they think that Se is too much for them in her songs. I did not see yet in the threads that ENFJs loving Gaga but ESFJs and ESFPs - yes. So, is she just too reserved in the interviews or something else if she is an ENFJ? I would like to show one girl which looks like an ENFJ type to me:
    X Factor Winner Alexandra Burke and Mentor Cheryl Cole Interview

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I thought that was a pretty clear case for IEI . To me... I think she comes across a bit too "soft", and somewhat sluggish. It also seems to me that she has two different "personas", one for her shows and one for her private life. She seems like a totally different person on stage and in person, as she is totally energetic on stage, and very low-energy in person. That to me... seems Beta NF, who mostly do theatric things for the show, for fun.

I actually know an ESFP who loves Gaga, and some other people, some IEIs. Most of them are females, so it seems like she might be more appealing to females than males. The ESFP said that even though she loved Gaga, she didn't really "get" what she was trying to do with her performance and in her music videos. However, as an IEI, her motivations seemed pretty clear to me... I think she likes using metaphors to express herself, which seems Ni. For example, if you skip to the end of the music video of "Bad Romance", there's some kind of a strange and slightly creepy metaphor thrown in.

I think that typing the music of pop-singers can be tricky... because they basically have different composers writing songs for them. For example, Max Martin, who I think is an IEI, wrote a lot of Britney Spears' songs in her early career, so some of her early songs sound a bit IEI, I think (like "Baby One More Time"). But I do think that Gaga has a lot of Se in her persona, her fashion, and in her songs, yes.

I was reading this... and it seemed rather IEI:

News – Lady Gaga: I've Always Felt Like "a Freak" – Style & Beauty – UsMagazine.com

IEIs are ALWAYS complaining about how much of a "freak" they were... it's so typical. I guess that leading-Ni can be an alienating experience, since you seem so detached from everything else.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. In her interviews which you posted here she does talk about changes and how she experiences some of them as a death. Talking about yourself as a Freak could also be Superid related. So I definetly see that Superid plays some part in her creative work and one of them is the one which you showed Paparazzi- theatre. She also mentioned something about her theatrical tendencies in one of interviews. Her clothes which she designs herself are very impressive on Fantasy element. That is why at this moment I am not in hurry to relate strongly to any particular type. I also take into account that she is not a "normal" type but creative one. That means she has got a wider range of talants and qualities as a normal person would do. I see a certain similarity with some other singers. Another singer who is very creative in her clothes is a singer from No doubt. She is also theatrical enough in her appearance and the range of music is wide. Ther where times I could not believe that so differen music comes from her. I do believe she is some sort of an ethical extravert: