Thread: Static/Dynamic Dichotomy and Perception of Inner World

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Static/Dynamic Dichotomy and Perception of Inner World

Are statics' inner worlds usually always the same, fixed and never changing, and are Dynamics' inner worlds are usually always changing, and shifting?

My inner world, I think, is constantly changing from 1 scape/scenario to another, and they are constantly shifting and evolving. They always change from something to the next in a matter of seconds.

What about your inner world, and are you a Static type or a Dynamic type?

Static = Ti Fi
    Dynamic = Fe Te

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static Fi Ti Se Ne
    Dynamic Fe Te Si Ni

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know it was possible to have a static inner world. In fact, that doesn't make sense to me as a concept. The inner world is what changes in response to the outer world and what then reaches out to change the outer world. To me, a reaction is a change in the interior world.

What would a fixed inner world be like?

After thinking about it for a minute, I'm pretty sure this is a sliding scale from perfectly fixed to perfectly fluid (which, incidentally, could imply that the inner world doesn't exist insofar as no stable name could be attached to it... maybe), and everyone's somewhere in the middle. (Hamlet's towards the fluid end though. Maybe Augustus is towards the fixed end).

Nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... jai guru deva om.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reverting to something I thought before. I don't understand why everyone isn't simply "dynamic" inside. 36 frames/second for all. (or whatever that number was)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care for this dichotomy. We're all static and dynamic in different aspects of our lives, depending on what peaks our interests, what changes us here, and what keeps us fixed there. There's a reason for it all. It's called oblique motion. How legs are able to walk on a surface.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    The inner world is what changes in response to the outer world and what then reaches out to change the outer world. To me, a reaction is a change in the interior world.
    Well that sounds like a description of a Dynamic type to me.

What would a fixed inner world be like?
    Well apparently for a Static type the inner world usually stays the same every time you visit it, but I'm not a Static type so I can't be sure.

According to A. Augustinaviciute, statics pay more attention to the constant characteristics of object; when they need to adjust they are more flexible and active. The dynamic people pay more attention to the changing characteristics of objects, they are less mobile and are inclined to observing. This attribute divides a socion into two parts according to a degree of psychological mobility: eight static types, eight dynamic ones.

During the experiments a group of statics has a united structure, they are monolithic; a group of the dynamics is similar to a glass of bubbling champagne.
    I'm not exactly sure what that completely means... I mean, what exactly does "a group of the dynamics is similar to a glass of bubbling champagne" mean? What... does it just fizzle out... or what...?

Creepy-female

Nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... nothing's gonna change my world... jai guru deva om.
    hahahahaha. *sings with you*

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well apparently for a Static type the inner world usually stays the same every time you visit it, but I'm not a Static type so I can't be sure.
    Can a static type please come and confirm/explain? I can't even really imagine what this would be like, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hahahahaha. *sings with you*
    ...words are fallin' out like endless rain into a paper cup...

Yay! Beatles singalong time. (actually, all the time should be beatles singalong time, but I digress)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-female

...words are fallin' out like endless rain into a paper cup...

Yay! Beatles singalong time. (actually, all the time should be beatles singalong time, but I digress)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is an inner world? Do you mean my imaginary universe, where I put all my best ideas and make them fit together? While that is constantly changing in that I'm constantly adding things to it, it is in no way a thing in motion - everything that I add is placed wherever in the timeline I please, and that's considered to be when it happened, even if I only got the idea after I had already planned the end of the universe.

If by "inner world" you mean my whole thought life, how I feel about myself, etc... yeah, that's changing.

(I'm Static)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I think that being less mobile in this instance is referring to a change in circumstances occurring. The dynamics have already been watching the changes, and so don't react and adjust, while the statics quickly move to adjust to the new constant.

So, in my interpretation: statics are better at adapting to sudden changes - dynamics better at noticing the small constant changes.
    This kind of relates to me. I mean, I'm good at seeing change, but if things become unfamiliar then I need to refocus on something else changing that is more comfortable. I find it interesting that static types even exist, and like to hear more about them. Maybe you can write some more about it Diana. I also need some examples, specifically if can be so INTp oriented. Since Ni is generally mostly inner focused, I can only assume it means I catch onto my inner changes, where as something like Fi is more about the internal state.

All in all however, static dynamic, internal external, fields objects. This material is not specific enough, therefore does not really mean anything, unless it can be shown to a new application. Other than that, my questioning does not supersede the evidence that it is not well explained and not at all very consistently true. In other words, trivial.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    What is an inner world? Do you mean my imaginary universe, where I put all my best ideas and make them fit together? While that is constantly changing in that I'm constantly adding things to it, it is in no way a thing in motion - everything that I add is placed wherever in the timeline I please, and that's considered to be when it happened, even if I only got the idea after I had already planned the end of the universe.

If by "inner world" you mean my whole thought life, how I feel about myself, etc... yeah, that's changing.

(I'm Static)
    This mostly.

By inner worlds, do you mean imaginary settings?

If so, I always feel weird when people bring this up, as if I only had a few "inner worlds".

I have a collapsed infinity of "worlds" in my head. There is no end to the settings, events, and content I can generate in mentally. This has always been my pride.

And I also can't relate to "having" inner worlds because that might mean they are separate. As soon as I unzip one world to be examined, all the sheer content of the other worlds press into it and plead to be synthesized into this world too. So there ends up being very few "worlds" of distinction (Besides a windy blending of deserts, lights, fortresses, creatures, forests, oceans, weapons, clothing, beings, ideas, factions, etc.)
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what about Sensing types' inner worlds? Are they cross-Static/Dynamic? We might be talking about vs. differences here.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "inner worlds" are a product of imagination and imagination is not type related imo...

However, the nature of Internal irrational elements might spawn "detached" visualizations or enlightenings, in a more rapid pace way than other types. The inuitive's lightening speed induction might be able (through it's relative non-density) cover larger swathes of imagination at a time, albeit without much sensory detail.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 99 percent extraverted (from tests). I don't really have an inner world.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internal world...I only usually become particualrly introspective if I feel I have something to resolve that requires that kind of self-reflection.

I suppose I like to reflect and take stock of where my life is and how things are progresing in certain areas. I tend to take a snapshot, kind mapping out recent interactions with people, their interations with others and their descriptions of interactions with others, I'll see if their is a general prevailing mood etc, so at that particualr moment I kind of try to get a rough estimate of the nature of the relationships that are going on around me.

I do also try to work out possibilities for my future, the direction I want to be moving in, deciding what action I should be taking. Where I've been too late taking action, seeing what action I need to take to get further opportunities.
    These happen in parallel I suppose, work out a number of plans, swap between tham as circumstances change and wait for the result. If circumstances change dramatically and the original plans are not valid, new plans will be created as situations progrss.