Thread: redbaron and Joy's irl meeting

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default redbaron and Joy's irl meeting

redbaron and I met a couple months ago, and we've decided to make a topic to share our impressions of each other with the forum.

My impressions of redbaron: She seemed a lot more "feelery" irl than she does on the forum. On the forum and in PM's she seems more reserved, serious, and logical to me. In person she was very warm, smiley, chatty, bubbly, and feminine. She also looked younger than she did in pics I've seen of her (don't remember if they were ones she's posted on the forum or not though). She was also taller and than I expected her to be for some reason. (I'm really short though.)

It seemed to me like we were doing equal amounts of talking. She's an interesting conversationalist. And she walks fast! Anyways, it was a really nice visit and I wished I could have stayed longer when it was time to go. And she fed me an awesome lunch, lol. I'm looking forward to meeting her again someday.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron is tall. I will make a note of this.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's not unusually tall or anything... just quite notably taller than I am. I'm only 5'0" though.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron seems tall in comparison to Joy, however Joy is also considerably short. Okay, noted.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, congratulations!

How would you describe your Socionics intertype relationship?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we spent enough time around each other for something like that to be clear.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a chart somewhere that gives -IMO- quick answers (acceleration, hospitality, cooperation...)

SOCIONICS: Intertype Relationships
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Redbaron seems tall in comparison to Joy, however Joy is also considerably short. Okay, noted.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 5'10".

let's see... Joy seemed serious to me! More serious irl than she does on the forum. Very easy to talk to and practical in her views on things. There's an air of authority about her--like she would be a good person to put in charge of an organization. "All-business". She gives off the feeling that she can be trusted with important things like your finances. (I guess this is in contrast to myself, lol) Goal-driven, she's ambitious and knows what she wants and how to get it. She also has a very strong sense of what's going to happen in various situations. Moreso than I do?? Or maybe she just seems more sure of her predictions than I am. She would be a fabulous person to have on one's board of directors for any company looking ahead to plan their next move. Gosh, when I think about Joy, I think about how much value she would bring to a business and how I'd bring absolutely no value whatsoever!! Not that I mind that about myself, but it's actually quite funny.

Anyway, totally fun meeting her and I hope we can do it again soon!

And yes, I think she's LIE. Which makes her my supervisor.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    She's not unusually tall or anything... just quite notably taller than I am. I'm only 5'0" though.
    you're a midgit

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Yes, noted.
    INTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    That's cool. I like redbaron. And I like Joy. And I make good moonshine, woot!
    you made moonshine? what was your process/equipment? I was thinking about making some. i mean, we do live in wyoming.
    asd

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's cool. I like redbaron. And I like Joy. And I make good moonshine, woot!
    Wish you lived closer so we could all get together and drink your moonshine next time!

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I'm 5'10".

let's see... Joy seemed serious to me! More serious irl than she does on the forum. Very easy to talk to and practical in her views on things. There's an air of authority about her--like she would be a good person to put in charge of an organization. "All-business". She gives off the feeling that she can be trusted with important things like your finances. (I guess this is in contrast to myself, lol) Goal-driven, she's ambitious and knows what she wants and how to get it. She also has a very strong sense of what's going to happen in various situations. Moreso than I do?? Or maybe she just seems more sure of her predictions than I am. She would be a fabulous person to have on one's board of directors for any company looking ahead to plan their next move. Gosh, when I think about Joy, I think about how much value she would bring to a business and how I'd bring absolutely no value whatsoever!! Not that I mind that about myself, but it's actually quite funny.

Anyway, totally fun meeting her and I hope we can do it again soon!

And yes, I think she's LIE. Which makes her my supervisor.

(Interesting that you thought all that because it seemed to me like we mostly talked about our friends and families! )
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On the forum and in PM's she seems more reserved, serious, and logical to me. In person she was very warm, smiley, chatty, bubbly, and feminine.
    On the forum, she always acted *extremely* warm, smiley, chatty, bubbly and feminine. I don't know where you got that she was those other things.

It's cool that you guys met though. I'd like to meet a few people on here as well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    you're a midgit
    More like a Troll, I believe
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midgets are less than 4'10".
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried a few different recipes, and I'm still experimenting. Some turned out terrible. My best so far has been like a light, white rum.

My Equipment: 5 gal buckets with lids, large pot for boiling, piece of flexible tubing for siphoning, and a modified water distiller (modified only to heat up slower)

You can go all out with malting your own grains, etc, but I'm doing just basic sugar washes for now. My best to date:

I heated up a couple of gallons of water, dissolved 6 lbs dark brown sugar. Then, to this I added 6 T of instant tea, 2 cups of whole wheat instant baby cereal, and 2 cups of barley instant baby cereal. (The tea contains tannins, and the cereal is full of nutrients that keep your yeast happy and producing alcohol longer. The cereal I used is that dry flake stuff in a box, that looks like instant mashed potatoes. You can use other cereals as well, and I've heard people using bran flakes with good things to say, that also adds a bit more flavor.)

Let the mixture cool down enough for the yeast. Pour into a clean 5 gallon bucket, letting lots of air get into it. I added a gallon of distilled water and 3 packages of Red Star baking yeast. Stir in air getting it good and agitated whenever you think of it for the first few hours. Then put on the lid, leaving a corner where air can escape, and let it ferment for a couple weeks. Try to put it in a fairly warm spot that doesn't have big termperature fluctuations, and you can even insulate it a bit with blankets too.

When it's stopped bubbling, smells and tastes like wine and isn't sweet, then you can siphon it off of the yeast that's left in the bottom, into another clean bucket, to let it clear out for a few days.

Then, you can distill it. But, I shouldn't recommend that, since it's technically illegal. Theoretically though, a still isn't hard to build. Copper is traditionally used due to the chemical interaction of it with certain undesireables. Stainless steel is also used. Some people use stainless steel milk buckets as their boiler, and run cooling coils from there. Or, a person could use a water distiller.

Keep an eye on your distillate. Throw out the foreshots (the very first bit of stuff that comes out) then collect in lots of small containers, so you can test the different sections, and only keep the good stuff. Eventually, what comes out won't be any good at all, and you can stop running the still. Pour together the containers that taste decent into a glass container, and it seems to get better after about a week of sitting there. A lot of people will let it sit, just covered with a coffee filter rather than a lid, seems to mellow out faster. Some will char oak, and then put the oak sticks into the jar for a week or two (a sort of faux barrel-aging.)

You can also distill a second time for more potency, and a more neutral spirit. Adding juniper and coriander to a 2nd or 3rd distillation of the boiling pot of a neutral will make gin. Filtering a neutral through charcoal will make it more vodka-like.
    mm. we have all this equipment because we've been brewing beer. We have a five gallon jug with a built in air trap so we don't need to expose the brew to atmosphere, and the fermentation can be go without hitch. Another funny thing we have is a copper condenser/distillation appartus from a chemistry lab here at UW that was being given away, we just don't have a good boiling set up. It sounds almost exactly like brewing beer except you change ingredients for the mash and distill the ethanol. Have you tried using molasses as a flavoring agent? I have it on account from some guy from south carolina whose family used all ethanol fuel for their farm that molasses adds a really nice flavor to moonshine.

anyway, thanks for the info. Moonshine, fun.
    asd

Creepy-Diana

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

5' 10" and walks fast ? Both of these pieces of information both seem surprising to me!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    5' 10" and walks fast ? Both of these pieces of information both seem surprising to me!
    My dad is 6'4" and walks fast too. I think I learned to walk fast to keep up with him.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

My dad is 6'4" and walks fast too. I think I learned to walk fast to keep up with him.
    My mum would be up to my neck, and walks much faster than I can even push myself to.

I walk very slowly.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually I suppose I would be more surprised if you were 4' 0" and walked fast...

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walk faster than most people even though I'm only 5'0". I think it makes me look like Marvin Martian. It's just weird to walk with someone else who walks fast, too.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fast walker too. My brother always complains about it. It's partially because I have long legs. Anyway, I agree that your observations did appear to confirm your respective self-typings.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.