Thread: Being Satisfied

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Being Satisfied

Do you often experience the feeling of being truly satisfied? I can never seem to be truly satisfied with what I have most times. Though it seems illogical, I sometimes take the "I want more or nothing" with people. I know, it's pretty bad :/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im satisfied most of my adult life. As for people or should I say women, I get bored too quickly and I think it is my problem. Im not even sure I want "more" I just want "something different".
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-male

Often, no. I have experienced this, however. I'm starting to develop a worldview where it's good to be happy with what you have and push whatever morish desires you have somewhere you can deal with them later.

EDIT

That could be really depressing, actually. I guess "the trick" is to mentally filter for all the good stuff so it looks like things only get better and better.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk...i doubt that anyone feels satisfied most of the time. it's like the human condition always to be wanting more of something or other.

but the details of the level of satisfaction could be connected to leading functions...like for me, i'm only satisfied when i've got some big project going that has a lot of possibilities. so, i keep one in the hopper at all times....but sometimes they don't work out, then i'm not very satisfied.

but maybe you look for satisfaction in relationships...that they are working well...near perfect? *shurgs*

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    idk...i doubt that anyone feels satisfied most of the time. it's like the human condition always to be wanting more of something or other.

but the details of the level of satisfaction could be connected to leading functions...like for me, i'm only satisfied when i've got some big project going that has a lot of possibilities. so, i keep one in the hopper at all times....but sometimes they don't work out, then i'm not very satisfied.

but maybe you look for satisfaction in relationships...that they are working well...near perfect? *shurgs*
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. Maybe for Fi people satisfaction is based on how their relationships are at a given time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Do you often experience the feeling of being truly satisfied? I can never seem to be truly satisfied with what I have most times. Though it seems illogical, I sometimes take the "I want more or nothing" with people. I know, it's pretty bad :/
    Hmm I feel the exact opposite. I know that because Se is my hidden agenda, that I would instinctively want more, I think most EnXj here experiences the robotic nature they seem to have to fulfilled this desire, especially the E-3. But maybe it is the Ego vs true self that I often have an Inner reflection that I can be very happy with very little. Sometimes it turns me on to see and think about how one doesn't need much things to survive.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely feel "truly" satisfied and when I do, it's often short.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Hmm I feel the exact opposite. I know that because Se is my hidden agenda, that I would instinctively want more, I think most EnXj here experiences the robotic nature they seem to have to fulfilled this desire, especially the E-3. But maybe it is the Ego vs true self that I often have an Inner reflection that I can be very happy with very little. Sometimes it turns me on to see and think about how one doesn't need much things to survive.
    Which reminds me of an issue we've tackled before.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I rarely feel "truly" satisfied and when I do, it's often short.

Which reminds me of an issue we've tackled before.
    Sorry, I will check old Pms.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Sorry, I will check old Pms.
    It was when we talked about Fi, and how what I said made you feel like (or realize that) you should slow down and pay attention and cherish the essential things in life, or something along those lines.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    It was when we talked about Fi, and how what I said made you feel like (or realize that) you should slow down and pay attention and cherish the essential things in life, or something along those lines.
    Yup, I remember.

1)

2)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I need very little to be happy. Material things - I definitely have no issues with having nothing, and being cool with that. I've done that lots, and it never once bothered me.
    it's funny because I have a feeling Calenwen would say the same thing. An ISFj also told me somewhere along the line that money does not matter. There are some rather ambitious ISFj's tho, my mother is one for example.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I've never been happy.