Thread: Typical manifestations of type

Creepy-Cyclops

Default Typical manifestations of type

Ever meet someone where they just completely embody the stereotype (call it archetype I suppose, seeing as this typology is Jung based) of one of the types?

For instance, last week I was working with a female in a cross-over department. Anyway we spent the morning doing no work and just drinking cups of tea and talking about SEX!

Yep, she's an ESFp. Extremely loud, very forceful, very open about her sexuality and what she gets up to. She's bisexual and she puts herself on trawling the internet dating sites for sex. ATM she's got a couple of guys that she sees. She spent the weekend seeing one guy and dropped him off Saturday evening to pick up the other guy till Sunday evening.

She's also in charge of her department at work, which is pretty common for ESFp's to be leaders.

What's interesting is that she sees what she's doing as not harming anyone, and that if and when she has a serious boyfriend she doesn't two time him. She thinks that as long as she's not harming anyone then she's not doing any harm at all and that it is fine. I agree with her and said that people are too quick to judge and they maybe do so because they are jealous that she is getting to do what she wants.

She also talked about various peoples that be both know who are work related and gave her opinion on the people they are and how they relate and what to watch out for etc. It was suprisingly astute imo, and sounded pretty much like creative Fi. The loyalty thing when with a partner that she mentioned sounded like something that Fi HA would like as well.

Although, you've got to ask yourself, that INTp's must be pretty dark too, for these two people (like this ESFp) to be able to click in the first place.

I bet ESFp-INTp's have great sex.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I bet ESFp-INTp's have great sex.
    Perceived quality of sex is greatly improved when you have a compatible partner BUT the perceived "greatness" of the sex is on the part of the less experienced partner.

Sex, like any other human activity, is open to mastery and if there is too big of a difference between the levels of mastery of the partners, the perception of the more experienced partner might not be that great. Imagine, for example a man used to 20-30 minutes sex and a woman used to 2-3 hours. Or a very conservatory, missionary style man and a very acrobatic Kamasutra style woman.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can be dark. How is this immediately type related? Dark humor comes from seeing the bigger picture.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I come across stereotypical ESFs all the time. I suppose the stereotypical ESF would be easier to spot than say a stereotypical ISTp.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I come across stereotypical ESFs all the time. I suppose the stereotypical ESF would be easier to spot than say a stereotypical ISTp.
    Exxx might also be more noticable because they are more expressive. More expressing is more showing your traits.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know people who fit these stereotypes:

IEI - can't make up his mind unless he's pushed by other people, takes poor care of his health, has mood swings from bouncy-happy to sulky-petulant, will come out with the funniest, dirtiest interjections in conversations, tries not to make waves, likes to point out trends in everything, thinks his "niche" is the sad clown

SLE - likes to tackle people in hugs, works out at the gym, watches his protein intake carefully, talks about sex all the time, has watched every semi-famous boxing film ever made, is wary of other people who seem to have willpower, will try to subtly charm people into doing things for him but never realises how obvious he is, is anal retentive and gets upset if people move his stuff, competes to win in any physical endeavour

ILE - talks and sings to himself, dresses badly (yesterday his clothes were covered in paint), likes to ask ridiculous rhetorical questions ("Hey, what would you do if I chucked your coffee all over the wall?"), is incredibly messy, will try anything, likes to ask questions in lectures and answer them himself ("Did you think about [this]? Oh wait, you've got a such-and-such... never mind.")

SEI - talks and moves languidly, grows plants as a hobby, spoils his cat, loves literature, compliments people easily ("I love how _____ you are!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.