Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 67

Thread: When you stay home sick from work

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default When you stay home sick from work...

    ... do you feel restless and/or guilty?

    Actually, even staying home because of being sick is probably type-related... thoughts?

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I'm sick, that means I'm sick, so I don't feel guily at all. I'm more likely to be preoccupied about getting back healthy as soon as possible.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Restless, yes. Guilty? lol.

    But generally I don't miss work from sickness unless a) I just felt like taking the day off, and being sick was a good excuse or b) I've been to the hospital/been physically debilitated by illness.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  4. #4
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    But generally I don't miss work from sickness unless a) I just felt like taking the day off, and being sick was a good excuse or b) I've been to the hospital/been physically debilitated by illness.
    Same here... additionally (and probably more often) I'll stay home because someone else thought I should (on account of me being sick) and I don't want to make a fuss about it.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  5. #5
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    ... do you feel restless and/or guilty?

    Actually, even staying home because of being sick is probably type-related... thoughts?
    I feel guilty about something almost all of the time. I don't ever stay home from work because my work is AT home, but when I'm sick or a kid is sick and I don't get much done during the day, I do feel guilty. And thanks to the H1N1 thing, I've had one kid after another sick. Today I'm trying to catch up, but my living room is littered with baby toys and needs a good vacuuming. I've gotten the kitchen and bathroom cleaned so far.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  6. #6
    sema sahin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the US.
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I generally feel bad when I stay home because I know I will have tons of assignments to make up when I go back...so I prefer not to stay home even if I am actually sick.
    ﴾ لَهُمْ دَارُ السَّلاَمِ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَهُوَ وَلِيُّهُمْ بِمَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ ﴿
    "When you see an evil act you have to stop it with your hand.
    If you can't, then at least speak out against it with your tongue.
    If you can't, then at least you have to hate it with all your heart.
    And this is the weakest of faith."

  7. #7
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    ... do you feel restless and/or guilty?

    Actually, even staying home because of being sick is probably type-related... thoughts?
    Guilty?? No way. I would only feel restless at home if I had nothing going on, no internet, and no new/interesting video games to play.

    I generally don't stay home because I'm sick though. In fact I remember many times being forced to (when I really like my job).
    When I hate it... well, let's just say those sick days get used up fast.

  8. #8
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I usually feel guilty about it because I'm not sure if my sickness is valid because I'm sure I can still get through the day without dying and I go everywhere in my mind from "I'm not sick I'm just imagining it" to "I really must be sick". If I actually have a really bad cold (which I go years at a time without catching anything as far as I know) then I don't feel guilty because I know that other people don't want it and it's really better all the way around if I stay at home. Anyway I hate calling in sick because I always feel like I need to somehow justify it and I don't know how to because I may not be sure if I should even stay home. I have called in sick before due to insomnia a couple times over the past three years because I couldn't sleep and then I needed to be to work by 8am and I felt like I probably wasn't going to be able to get through the day... and probably most of my problems are caused by my consistent lack of sleep. Also, I know that I don't really take care of myself really well... I don't know when I need to rest and I think it's really bad in the sense that I think taking care of oneself is really important and probably I shouldn't sacrifice my own well being because I feel guilty... but if I was certain about it in the first place I probably wouldn't feel guilty.

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do you not stay at home when sick? I mean, how is it possible to work with the flu/fever/vomit/headache?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  10. #10
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How do you not stay at home when sick? I mean, how is it possible to work with the flu/fever/vomit/headache?
    that's what i think, fdg. it's impossible to be productive like that, and all you're doing is passing your nasty virus (possibly) to other people, so why go to work? and why would you feel guilty about something you can't control?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  11. #11
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    ミ☆
    I go to school when I'm sick. Perfect attendance. I'll go to work when I'm sick, unless it's too contageous.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  12. #12
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I usually feel guilty about it because I'm not sure if my sickness is valid because I'm sure I can still get through the day without dying and I go everywhere in my mind from "I'm not sick I'm just imagining it" to "I really must be sick". If I actually have a really bad cold (which I go years at a time without catching anything as far as I know) then I don't feel guilty because I know that other people don't want it and it's really better all the way around if I stay at home. Anyway I hate calling in sick because I always feel like I need to somehow justify it and I don't know how to because I may not be sure if I should even stay home. I have called in sick before due to insomnia a couple times over the past three years because I couldn't sleep and then I needed to be to work by 8am and I felt like I probably wasn't going to be able to get through the day... and probably most of my problems are caused by my consistent lack of sleep. Also, I know that I don't really take care of myself really well... I don't know when I need to rest and I think it's really bad in the sense that I think taking care of oneself is really important and probably I shouldn't sacrifice my own well being because I feel guilty... but if I was certain about it in the first place I probably wouldn't feel guilty.
    The bold part all holds true for me. I rarely become so sick that I am physically unable to do any task, I usually just suck it up don't think about it. But sleeping derivation is just so painful when you haven't had proper sleep for the last 24-48 hours. With the fact that you might work in a place where you need high awareness/concentration would make matters worse. Anything more than 2 full days without sleep is just dangerous.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  13. #13
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    that's what i think, fdg. it's impossible to be productive like that, and all you're doing is passing your nasty virus (possibly) to other people, so why go to work? and why would you feel guilty about something you can't control?
    Well, i really don't care about getting other people sick. It has more to do with the fact that whatever I'm doing at work is so interesting i can get by.

    But, if i'm like feverish, that's when it's time to go.

  14. #14
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    But, if i'm like feverish, that's when it's time to go.
    Or that yea, but it is still not worse than sleep derivation IMO.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I go to school when I'm sick. Perfect attendance. I'll go to work when I'm sick, unless it's too contageous.
    Oh yeah? You like to vomit on the blackboard?

    This thread is silly. Either people use a weird definition of sick, or I can't believe that somebody goes to work when sick without taking a shitload of drugs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh yeah? You like to vomit on the blackboard?
    I guess Si Egos knows how to pace themselves when they are working, if they need to throw up, they go straight to the bathroom.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  17. #17
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Well, i really don't care about getting other people sick. It has more to do with the fact that whatever I'm doing at work is so interesting i can get by.

    But, if i'm like feverish, that's when it's time to go.
    no one wants to watch you vomit in a trashbin.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  18. #18
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    ... do you feel restless and/or guilty?

    Actually, even staying home because of being sick is probably type-related... thoughts?
    I used feel reaaaaaly guilty.

    but after some things have happened, I see staying at home from work as a sort of sport. See how long I can stay home. It's a game for me. I once stayed home for 6 months. Nice paid holiday. Nowadays I don't have the same morals anymore as I used to have... and it feels awesome.

  19. #19
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    no one wants to watch you vomit in a trashbin.
    I haven't vomited since I was 12 years old. Yuck, still remember what it tastes like. Pizza and apple juice.

  20. #20
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    It's a game for me. I once stayed home for 6 months. Nice paid holiday.
    Got paid through all six months? is that how life really is in Holland?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  21. #21
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh yeah? You like to vomit on the blackboard?
    I haven't gotten that sick since I was little. My definition of sick is feeling lightheaded and having stuffed up sinuses. Maybe a stomach ache.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  22. #22
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How do you not stay at home when sick? I mean, how is it possible to work with the flu/fever/vomit/headache?
    I don't really get the flu and I doubt I get fevers very often (if ever) but I have a headache most days and sometimes I'm sick to my stomach... I mean I really don't think I get actual viruses very often (if my nose is running and I have a sore throat, am constantly coughing or blowing my nose, etc. I will generally stay home because it's the responsible thing to do and it's just plain dumb not to). I usually have a headache and feel some degree of shitty though... so it's more a matter of how shitty is "shitty". As for feeling guilty, I have a problem with guilt in general... I often feel guilty about things. I'm working on it.

  23. #23
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't vomited since July. It went something like this: .

  24. #24
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right, I forgot that americans never get sick.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  25. #25
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh yeah? You like to vomit on the blackboard?

    This thread is silly. Either people use a weird definition of sick, or I can't believe that somebody goes to work when sick without taking a shitload of drugs.
    When I think of myself being sick, I usually think of an extremely runny nose.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  26. #26
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't really get the flu and I doubt I get fevers very often (if ever) but I have a headache most days and sometimes I'm sick to my stomach... I mean I really don't think I get actual viruses very often (if my nose is running and I have a sore throat, am constantly coughing or blowing my nose, etc. I will generally stay home because it's the responsible thing to do and it's just plain dumb not to). I usually have a headache and feel some degree of shitty though... so it's more a matter of how shitty is "shitty". As for feeling guilty, I have a problem with guilt in general... I often feel guilty about things. I'm working on it.
    What does Buddhism say about feeling guilty?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  27. #27
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Right, I forgot that americans never get sick.
    They pretend they don't get sick.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  28. #28
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  29. #29
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How do you not stay at home when sick? I mean, how is it possible to work with the flu/fever/vomit/headache?
    ...says the Si PoLR?

    It's easy. You just don't pay attention to it. Can you not stop yourself from vomitting? Do you constantly feel your forehead? Just keep going.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  30. #30
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    ...says the Si PoLR?

    It's easy. You just don't pay attention to it. Can you not stop yourself from vomitting? Do you constantly feel your forehead? Just keep going.
    That's BS, there's a certain point that you just don't feel like waking up from the bed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  31. #31
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My parents both have Si PoLRs and they both would work through illness. They'd work through anything. Particularly my mom. She got migraine headaches like I get, and I have NO IDEA how she worked through those. She also went back to work two weeks after I was born, and that couldn't have been easy either.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  32. #32
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's BS, there's a certain point that you just don't feel like waking up from the bed.
    The only thing that can keep me in bed is depression. Fever? I usually don't even notice until someone says something to me. Vomit? It's just another bodily function as far as I'm concerned; being deprived of half of the nutrition from one mean out of the whole day is no excuse for anything, excepting the ten seconds it takes to wipe your mouth and use some mouthwash. I haven't had an "illness" that kept me in bed since I was like 10.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    The only thing that can keep me in bed is depression. Fever? I usually don't even notice until someone says something to me. Vomit? It's just another bodily function as far as I'm concerned; being deprived of half of the nutrition from one mean out of the whole day is no excuse for anything, excepting the ten seconds it takes to wipe your mouth and use some mouthwash. I haven't had an "illness" that kept me in bed since I was like 10.
    The problem is not being deprived of nutrition, vomitting makes you exhausted because you use all your muscles in the "wrong" way, and you usually do it when you're already ill in the first place. I have vomitted while "sane" once, after a long climb with the bike where I ate just inbetween and that was a bad choice, and after 10 minutes I was okay...but if you are already debiliated by illness in the first place, vomit really depletes your energy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    You're still around!
    Hey hey don't get your hopes TOO high

    I used to have a 7777... SOMEONE deleted my posts just to spite me.
    That, and I actually like sappho up there.

  35. #35
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel guilty about lying about it, but no, I don't feel any guilt about not going to school/work/class, unless its something where I was actually needed, which is rare. I only feign it when it's socially necessary.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  36. #36
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The problem is not being deprived of nutrition, vomitting makes you exhausted because you use all your muscles in the "wrong" way, and you usually do it when you're already ill in the first place. I have vomitted while "sane" once, after a long climb with the bike where I ate just inbetween and that was a bad choice, and after 10 minutes I was okay...but if you are already debiliated by illness in the first place, vomit really depletes your energy.
    You can get as pseudo-scientific as you like but it doesn't change the fact that you are a pussy if you stay in bed because you puked.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  37. #37
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do people feel guilty about lying? I don't get that. I mean, sure, I worry about getting caught, but...guilt?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  38. #38
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Why do people feel guilty about lying? I don't get that. I mean, sure, I worry about getting caught, but...guilt?
    Lying is bad! What wolf raised you?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Funny you should ask; my mother is LSE.

    She was so insistent about knowing what I was up to and catching me getting away with minor deceptions or circumnavigations while I was growing up that, instead of backing down, I just got better at deceiving.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually agree with Gilly somewhat... there are like 1000 levels of awareness between awareness of sickness/physical condition and awareness of mind/emotion/whatever my awareness is. I don't really know the extent to which it all relates but I know that I'm aware of my mental/emotional state the majority of the time that I'm not immersed in my thoughts... the thing that starts tipping me off that something might be wrong is that my thoughts start dimming and I gradually become increasingly aware of this and then there are moments of confusion before I realize that it's physical. I'm not Si PoLR though. I'm mainly just a very mental person, whatever my type. Anyway I second guess myself unless it's blatantly obvious on the outside... I mean I can't be unsure about being sick if I'm coughing and sneezing and throwing up... because any doubt is stamped out by the very obvious things that I'm constantly doing because of it. I think that my main area of guilt centers in the interface between myself and others... if I didn't have to tell someone I was staying home, I think that I might actually feel less guilty. I know this doesn't make sense and seems retarded/pathetic... But I mean if I get sick to my stomach should I call in? What if I do and it doesn't happen the rest of the day... then obviously it wasn't very serious and not like I'm dying or something... it's like I don't really know what warrants calling in or how bad "bad" is. I usually rely on outside indicators. Like one time I went home when I had a headache because my vision was blurred... and I couldn't do my work because I couldn't focus with my eyes well enough, so then there's no room for doubt. I've also worked at places before where they really get on your case if you try to call in sick and then if I'm not sure to begin with then this just adds to the mess because then I have to be totally confident that I'm sick and say so with total confidence and explain why and I'd almost rather just go to work than do all of that (it's only 8 hrs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •