Thread: Ego functions in use

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ego functions in use

How do you deal with/understand the world around you, and how do you look after (maintain) yourself in your everyday life?

I am bascially looking for a one phrase description of your extraverted and intraverted ego functions in action as you experience them.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-Theory or idea of what a thing is/how the world works.
    Fe-The social function/helps me attract and maintain relationships with people, and only people really matter.

Ni helps me get along in the world by allowing me to form patterns and enact them.
    Fe helps me get along in the world by allowing me to relate to other people and form relationships effectively.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with Carla. I seem to be able to pick up on and understand concepts or learning material fairly easy. In fact, I've read a little bit of material for somebody else, and summarized the main point for them so they could write it down for homework. So, in that way, I'm pretty sure I possess the "concising" part of Ti.

As for Ne, I haven't really noticed it as much yet, but I do like to apply my Ti function to the abstract things in life: theories, ideas, concepts. Throughout my entire life I've always seemed to prefer imaginary/imaginative stuff (Batman, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, drawing, music, etc.) to sports or concrete work.
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'll be honest. I don't think I do deal. I don't understand the world around me, I've seen some pretty fucked up shit that was hard to rationalize - human beings kind of suck. Although somebody once told me , 'Sam, it's like you have no ego' which might have something to do with it. I'm not bragging at all, but I don't think I DO have an ego. I think this is more good than not, but it is frustrating because regular society does obviously reward egocentric behavior.

If you mean okay 'ego functions in use' (which I just like to say dominant functions) how does my Ni help me in everyday life? Well it just.....does. I can't explain it very well.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Go with routine. It works. If it doesn't work, fix it.
    If it doesn't look right, taste right, sound right, or feel right, fix it.

Not sure how well two lines will work, but oh well. I'm not getting graded for it. ...looks like I'm a boring perfectionist.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm you might be onto something, if I encounter something being broken I'll usually say 'fuck it' and just move on to something that isn't. I don't fix it. I like to just get a new one. ;p

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne: wow look at this, it's just like that. and that. *spaces out* *discusses with anyone who will listen*

Ti: ooooh look i can make a grid, a table, parallel lines

yepper, pretty much it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne: Ooh, neat! How does this work?
    Ti: Hmm, let me see...
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    An IxTj seems to make for a shitty poet.
    I tend to agree. OTOH INxj seems to make for a witty poet.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

noticing underlying processes of what is said, done, the world around me.
    understanding how people feel;angry, sad, nervous,etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni + Fe: figure out hidden agendas and manipulate; egocentricity?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne - Accumulation of abstract components through lightning speed intuition
    Ti - Labeling, storage and distribution of components
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Ni + Fe: figure out hidden agendas and manipulate; egocentricity?
    fwiw, I associate both introverted perceiving functions as potentially leading to a sort of value-neutral egocentricity.
    Ne - Accumulation of abstract components through lightning speed intuition
    Ti - Labeling, storage and distribution of components
    That fits with how I think about Ne and Ti too. Isn't Ti cool?

Creepy-male

Ne - natural attunement to the silver lining and people's most tailored paths.
    Fi - responsibility for the quality of people's relationships and emotional health.

I'd also say that Ne naturally gives me an ability to escape into my imagination if nothing else interesting is happening.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    That fits with how I think about Ne and Ti too. Isn't Ti cool?
    'tis.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni: I need to do this and this to make these things happen in the future (but doesn't almost everyone think like this?) Gather as much information as I can to understand the world around me. Laze around and do little; conserve as much energy as you can. Put minimal effort for maximal gain. [In extreme situations] Escape from reality and fantasize. Imagine what it's like to live in a "better" world. Think about the future and how to get from the present to the future.
    Fe: I need to maintain good relations with people, but it's not always necessary (maybe that's just insecurity...). I need to understand people and what they are feeling and thinking. I need to understand what people are on about and how they go along a certain path. I need to keep calm and peace (these are generally not compulsive...).

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Not sure how well two lines will work, but oh well. I'm not getting graded for it. ...looks like I'm a boring perfectionist.
    That's an interesting way to look at things... I think that's a very "J" way to look at things. I guess that if you were a "P", then you'd be like, "Oh, what the hell. I'll need to do whatever I can and whatever I can get a hold of to make it work." (because your "Routine" function is your Creative function... it's used as a tool to make things happen).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Ni: I need to do this and this to make these things happen in the future (but doesn't almost everyone think like this?) Gather as much information as I can to understand the world around me. Laze around and do little; conserve as much energy as you can. Put minimal effort for maximal gain. [In extreme situations] Escape from reality and fantasize. Imagine what it's like to live in a "better" world. Think about the future and how to get from the present to the future.
    yes yes. esp. the bolded part. "no, she's not lazy; just busy on the inside."

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    How do you deal with/understand the world around you, and how do you look after (maintain) yourself in your everyday life?

I am bascially looking for a one phrase description of your extraverted and intraverted ego functions in action as you experience them.
    It could be this (A)....
    or it could be that (B)...
    but then it might also be this other (C)...
    or...
    or...
    or...

But if I take into consideration that he doesn't like this (A), has expressed having difficulties with that (B), and seems to actually like this other (C)...then chances are it's (C).

One phrase description?
    Or..Or..Or..Or
    "Sorted" (or chosen) by how interests and experiences might apply.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp