Thread: Reinin question

Creepy-male

Default Reinin question

Is there an explanation to be found in Reinin dichotomies as to why Supervisees and Supervisors are drawn to one another? If not the dichotomies, then some other later addition to the basic theory?

I'm not interested in common-sense explanations. Already got plenty of those.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be because of shared thinking styles (thus, the renin dichotomies involved would be process-result, positivist-negativist, involution-evolution). If this supposition is correct, the attraction should be stronger (at least initially) between positivist supervisors rather than negativist supervisors.
    Furthermore, certain supervision paris are complementary over the E-I and T-F axes, which often provides at least superficial compatibility.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ This, and also because the supervisee's demonstrative is the supervisors DS. Supervisors like to "observe" their supervisees, because despite they feel on a "superior level" to them, they also can see that they are very good at something that they're not as good at (their role being the supervisee's creative, and their creative being the supervisee's base). I hope this is not an err... "common sense explanation".
    Last edited by xkj220; 10-26-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because we secretly are kind of attracted to our PoLR function when the actual user is attracted to our dominant function thoughts. It makes not only a level of familiarity, but a means to connect. Comparatives aren't as attracted to the dominant function because its their dominant function too, however its double PoLR in the creative, so the person is essentially harder to get used to.

Anyway, I don't see anything in reinin dichotomy, so sorry if I'm using common sense or not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about Reinin, but my theory on supervision is that you have a lot in common sharing an ego function and this draws you together initially. For us it's Fe. Even now, we still have a good time together and value the expression of our emotions (even if it's not really what we need from each other). In another supervision couple I know, they share Ti in the ego and their big thing is logical thinking--everything "makes sense" and even though neither of them are getting the emotions they need from the other, they feel a sense of similar thinking due to Ti. The Ne/Se clash is always there, as is our Ni/Si clash. But, you know, you get used to it. To hell with duality.
    Last edited by redbaron; 10-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    ^^^ This, and also because the supervisee's demonstrative is the supervisors DS. Supervisors like to "observe" their supervisees, because despite they feel on a "superior level" to them, they also can see that they are very good at something that they're not as good at (their role being the supervisee's creative, and their creative being the supervisee's base). I hope this is not an err... "common sense explanation".

hmmmm i never thought of this. cool idea. i'll have to observe and see if it's true. it does explain the attraction that the supervisor has towards to supervisee.

agree with redbaron. it's the connection between the leading and creative functions. it disarms the supervisee, and opens them to polr hits that they know are true.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often