Thread: Type goes here

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type goes here

I am a Rat.

I have an interesting way of listening to music, in that I listen to it (at least initially) purely for the sound of it. To clarify, I just do not care about the lyrics until i get to know what it sounds like. This could be because I'm a musician, but I have no reason to believe that.

The only article of clothing that I will spend large amounts of money on is my shoes. And not even for nice looking shoes. No, I will spend upwards of $100 for comfortable shoes. This is something that I have trouble finding.

I have 3 pairs of slippers.

I love iPods, and have owned many. Currently, I have a 1st generation iPod Touch. It is my precious baby.

I have connected to several social stereotypes and cultures, but have devoted myself to none of them. I like aspects, btu can't bring myself to commit to a certain way of presenting myself.
    Last edited by Rat; 10-19-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: adding text

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp comes to mind... maybe ISTp.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

I have an interesting way of listening to music, in that I listen to it (at least initially) purely for the sound of it. To clarify, I just do not care about the lyrics until i get to know what it sounds like. This could be because I'm a musician, but I have no reason to believe that.
    Sounds like not-Ni--I'm all about the lyrics. But I could be WAY off there, as that's really a personal characteristic that could be not at all related to type. On the other hand, Ni and Fe are often associated with verbal expression, so maybe?

The only article of clothing that I will spend large amounts of money on is my shoes. And not even for nice looking shoes. No, I will spend upwards of $100 for comfortable shoes. This is something that I have trouble finding.
    On the face of it, this sounds blatantly Si-ego, and is a clear sign at least of Si-valuing. I love my comfortable shoes too, but I wouldn't go spending $100 on them. Unless I had a bunch of money.
    I love iPods, and have owned many. Currently, I have a 1st generation iPod Touch. It is my precious baby.
    That's so legit. My iPod is my child as well.

I have connected to several social stereotypes and cultures, but have devoted myself to none of them. I like aspects, btu can't bring myself to commit to a certain way of presenting myself.
    Hmmm... sounds cool whatever it is. Also sounds like a P type.

So my guess is SEI, like Brilliand. SLI is a possibility too. You seem sensing rather than intuitive.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to say Ne/Si irrational. What other types would spend over $100 just for comfort

Seriously though, I found it interesting that you described yourself primarily by your comforts.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird, I hadn't noticed that I had only used my comforts....

to clarify about the shoes, I've only done that once, and obviously only if its financially feasible. I am NOT the type to irrationally spend that kind of money on anything, comfortable or not.

I should add as well that I am very relationship-oriented, both towards platonic and romantic relationships. I treasure my friends more than anything else, and have often described myself as "the guy who answers his phone at 2 AM if you need something". I have a small group of very close friends, and a large amount of acquaintances that I pretty much don't care about.

My romantic relationships are the center of my life, and I draw most of my confidence from them.

In previous analysis of my personality, I've always been called introverted, which I agree with. However, I talk to people easily and can get along well in many social settings. I do tend to get anxious in large crowds, but I also present myself well. I'm really not sure what that says.

Creepy-male

IEE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with IEE after the last bit you wrote, possibly EII.
    What's going to follow is quite subjective so, well..ignore at your leisure.
    However, when you describing how you would only thing you would spend money on is for shoes and for the purpose of comfort, well yeah as I think everyone mentioned that screams Si valuing...making a thing of ti though is something that I notice more in the non-ego Si valuers paticularly EII's and LII's. (not sure why this is but the ones I know seem to shun fashion and just talk about comfort all the bloody time "why spend money on clothes when the fashion changes every two secinds blah blah comfort" to which I respond "clothes are a form of communication and I communicate something or other through clothes")

Your last post just felt very Ne Fi, I'm sure if you broke down every sentance it would probably confirm that.
    Actually I'll put my mark against EII for now.
    What type do you reckon you are?
    Are you the man person or the lady person in the photo?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say gamma sf ;p esfp.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am a Rat.
    And I'm not.

Total opposite for me. I like the lyrics better and I am tone deaf.

I don't give a shit. I buy cheap shoes. Foot comfort is easy for me, but hand comfort is something I struggle with, my hands get sore easily and I like them to be massaged.

I have 3 pairs of slippers.
    I have 0.

I have a gimmicky generic off-brand ipod that is kinda clunky. The cord to it is lost and it needs to be updated but I'm too lazy to bother with it.

I'm too good for social stereotypes. But I fit in the gay culture best of all ;p.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Are you the man person or the lady person in the photo?
    I am the human male in the aforementioned photograph.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason you remind me of an IEI friend of mine. Not saying you're IEI, you just remind me of one.

That's assuming my friend is in fact an IEI. I'm not 100% on his typing.

Yeah, this wasn't a very helpful post.
    Quaero Veritas.