Thread: If I was a stapler, where would I be?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If I was a stapler, where would I be?

I know an IEE who looks for things like this. Is it related to Ne?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I know an IEE who looks for things like this. Is it related to Ne?
    My mother is IEE and she's like that too. lol Plus she's ALWAYS looking for things. She's constantly losing her keys and purse.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe...I only do that when I'm looking for people or animals.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Ne+Fi. The IEE is relating to the stapler as if it's a person (Fi), and trying to think of the possibilities inherent in that person (Ne).
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Ti. It's stupid.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it cute.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Weak Ti. It's stupid.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I find it cute.
    aw.

If a hot girl that I liked did it, It'd be cute. If just anybody did it, it'd be stupid.

: D
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Sounds like Ne+Fi. The IEE is relating to the stapler as if it's a person (Fi), and trying to think of the possibilities inherent in that person (Ne).
    Staplers are like little people that like to staple things and they have places that they choose to go.

Sometimes they get bored of sitting on desks and decide to jump off the back of the desk and hie in the shadows.

This isn't bcause they don't want to be with you, it's just because they want to know you care enough about them to come looking. (staplers can be quite manipulative, but it's ok)

Sometimes a stapler may run off with one of your work collegues, it's usually with the shifty guy who won't make eye contact with you, because he's seeing all your stationary and office bits behind your back. (just because he can't keep a hold of his) - There are many ways to deal with a stationising scumbag like this, I usually find sleeping with his wife helps.

There are many other places that staplers like to hide and you can ask the stapler's spirit for guidance on where to find it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Staplers are like little people that like to staple things and they have places that they choose to go.

Sometimes they get bored of sitting on desks and decide to jump off the back of the desk and hie in the shadows.

This isn't bcause they don't want to be with you, it's just because they want to know you care enough about them to come looking. (staplers can be quite manipulative, but it's ok)

Sometimes a stapler may run off with one of your work collegues, it's usually with the shifty guy who won't make eye contact with you, because he's seeing all your stationary and office bits behind your back. (just because he can't keep a hold of his) - There are many ways to deal with a stationising scumbag like this, I usually find sleeping with his wife helps.

There are many other places that staplers like to hide and you can ask the stapler's spirit for guidance on where to find it.
    Y'know... I think you could actually find staplers using this mindset. It involves abstracting all the behaviors of other things into the stapler, but it could work if the stapler is considered complex enough... and as people are complex, the stapler will probably not be underestimated.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird thing is that this guy is actually pretty good at finding the stuff he's looking for. It seems that he imagines a day in the life of the stapler (or whatever it is he's looking for) and then gets ideas on where it may have ended up.
    SEE

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Weird thing is that this guy is actually pretty good at finding the stuff he's looking for. It seems that he imagines a day in the life of the stapler (or whatever it is he's looking for) and then gets ideas on where it may have ended up.
    Interesting. I'll have to try that next time I lose something. I usually try to imagine the possibilities of what *I* would have been doing with the stapler, but to imagine the possibilities of what staplers are generally used for could work better.

Anyway, when you describe it like that, I have no doubt that it's a heavily Ne sort of thing to do. With, like I said, a bit of Fi thrown in for flavour.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm searching for something, I usually disregard what exactly I'm looking for (except some considerations for size) and search the general area for places where things could possibly become lost. I suppose I haven't often experienced things being lost through use - usually when I've noticed something being lost, it's been something that hadn't been used in a while and was just kicked around without regard for what it actually was.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always hate when people recommend "trying to remember where I last saw" the item I'm looking for. What makes them think I'd still be looking if it were that simple...?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet y ou don't like that you lost the item even more than people saying that to you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The re-tracing my steps suggestion annoys me because if I'm actually complaining that something is lost, I've already more or less done that.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last thing I lost was my cell, and I ended up finding it under a bush near the path from the house to the garage. I had been focusing my efforts on calling it when I was in the car and house. If I had lost something that didn't make noise way under the bush like that, I'm not sure I ever would have found it.
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always hate when people recommend "trying to remember where I last saw" the item I'm looking for. What makes them think I'd still be looking if it were that simple...?
    If I'm going to help, though, I usually want a central point to search outward from.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Principle 5

The Twelve Principles