Default Best intertype relations for work

*discuss*

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so these would be medium psychological distance. i've noticed that good ones for me are with LSE, SLI, ESE, LII, SLE, EIE, or alternatively,
    benfactor, semi-dual, activity, mirror, lookalike, beneficiary. probably beneficiary has been best for me.

other extraverts a little more than introverts.

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity and I also think Beneficiary, which is actually the mirror type of your Illusionary. Activity I'd say for more of a team effort (balance), and Beneficiary for leveling up (leverage), and you could form a decent team with the ring of benefit, consisting of you, your benefactor, superego, and beneficiary. The process of this group might be too hasty though, my superego giving my beneficiary advice, which in turn gives to me, is not necessarily good news for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirror is fine.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Activity and I also think Beneficiary, which is actually the mirror type of your Illusionary. Activity I'd say for more of a team effort (balance), and Beneficiary for leveling up (leverage), and you could form a decent team with the ring of benefit, consisting of you, your benefactor, superego, and beneficiary. The process of this group might be too hasty though, my superego giving my beneficiary advice, which in turn gives to me, is not necessarily good news for me.
    interesting. i've often thought of the ring of benefit as a process where the benefactor is endowing the beneficiary with something they need for the next part of the work project, and so on. the beneficiary becomes the benefactor to the next beneficiary.

with lookalikes, i've noticed we kind of see things the same way, don't have to talk very long to get to the yes, and then just crank out production pretty effortlessly.

mirrors are helpful in planning a complex project.

ILE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For Cowokers:
    Good: Contrary, Dual, Identical, Business, Illusionary, Mirror
    Fine: Super-Ego, Supervisee, Supervisor, Benefactor, Beneficiary, Lookalike, Semi-Dual
    Bad: Conflict, Quasi-Identical, Activation

For Boss:
    Good: Contrary, Dual, Identical, Mirror, Supervisor
    Fine: Lookalike, Semi-dual, Beneficiary
    Bad: Conflict, Quasi-Identical, Activation, Super-Ego, Supervisee, Benefator, Illusionary, Business

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would really enjoy working with my lookalike. (SEI) In thinking about this further, I enjoy working with all alphas. There's something nice about them! They're friendly, refreshing, nonjudgmental, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think I would really enjoy working with my lookalike. (SEI) In thinking about this further, I enjoy working with all alphas. There's something nice about them! They're friendly, refreshing, nonjudgmental, etc.
    Yeah. Alphas are fun. But working with my SEI brother is like Gilligan and the Skipper trying to accomplish something.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Yeah. Alphas are fun. But working with my SEI brother is like Gilligan and the Skipper trying to accomplish something.
    LOL! My dad is like that (he's SEI) but it's soooo much fun!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Identical, at least for me. You think similarly so you make a good team. Much less time is spent explaining things.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't enjoy having a superego boss. There's a whole lot of good stuff I can say about him, but he expects me to fill the role of an LII and sometimes it drives me crazy.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilligan and skipper.... ah so true

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree, medium psychological distance. Not too close, but not too distant. I would say kiddie corner quadras make good work partners. alphas/betas and gamma/deltas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (well, my experience suggests) that dual is the best relation even in work-settings; when you're looking to get things done. If you're promoting a new project, then identical or supervisor (yes, supervisor: remember that they love your base function, since it's their creative) is the best. My worst relationship in work-settings is with my comparative, too much head-butting.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual (LSE), Semi-dual (LIE), Activation (SLI), Benefactor (ILI), Business (LII)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

LSE/Activity. They actually get stuff done. Dual is pretty bad, since we just wind up goofing off. Supervisee I could see as being bad, since they're good at legwork and could get pretty pissed at me achieving absolute bupkiss.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE would be plain ideal anyway. They are EJs (born to work) and they are my supervisee.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE would be plain ideal anyway. They are EJs (born to work) and they are my supervisee.
    But they'd do a lot of stuff you'd find useless.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't think I'd always like working with EJs, now that I think about it.

Wikisocion
    IPs see EJs as annoyingly pushy and insistent in their initiatives; they may respect their energy levels but also wonder if they don't see that a lot of that energy is spent wastefully to no good purpose.
    I relate to that description for the most part. ITJs aren't any better however, in a work-style situation, because of all their stupid rules and by-the-book attitude, so I think LIE would be a good choice too, and I would probably feel a connection. We Te types pretty much dislike rules, but I still picture the Te dominant type as a bit anal and whatnot, so I'm unsure. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I find that with anyone from my quadra :redface: We have to mutually ignore each other to get anything done, unless we put our minds to it.
    I usually end up ignoring people anyway, so I think an LIE would be good.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, sometimes we (well, I) just like to do stuff to pass time, not because there is a good purpose

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eheh, because we (well, I) feel happier when I do stuff

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I'm saying is these Ti rules are made for Ti people, not me. I won't follow them. Can you explain what you mean by Te rules? You mean like simple self-evident logic and whatnot, yeah that is easy to follow internally.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is such an LIE thing to say.
    Yes, that's my type in fact.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... I feel a lot better with other irrationals... or people who aren't "fixed" and seem to try to make everyone else be as rigid and anal as they are while focusing on 1001 details that they get on your case if you miss them. (Unfortunately this really doesn't say anything.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in-quadra relations are still best.

It is not good to have a supervisor as a boss. Just because the word is "supervisor" does not mean that person would make a good supervisor. That person would be highly critical and you would get passed over for every promotion because you'd be considered to be a loser.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been supervised by my socionics supervisor at work and SM is right...this is a terrible relation and you do always end up looking like a dipshit. they have psychological AND contextual power over you, so it's really not pleasant. i've also been supervised by my supervisee...this goes slightly better since they can't really touch you, but they get pissed off and you get some retaliation, so you have to be careful.

best people to supervise: intra-quadra.

best supervisors: intraquadra, relations of benefit, semi dual, lookalike

best co workers: lookalike, contrary, benefit.

the work turns out ok but a lot of discomfort: conflict, supervisee

not good for work/getting stuff done: illusionary, quasi, comparative

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I'm saying is these Ti rules are made for Ti people, not me. I won't follow them. Can you explain what you mean by Te rules? You mean like simple self-evident logic and whatnot, yeah that is easy to follow internally.
    i've actually seen this play out at work. i was hired to set up a program...intp guy doesn't want to follow the program. he likes to make decisions based on individual clients, i like to set up programs that meet the needs of the vast majority of clients, and individualize from there.

his individual clients probably get pretty good service, if he has the time for them. my clients get a wider variety of service to pick from.

ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, definitely! And in some ways it's worse than conflict, because you can sort of see their point.
    I happen to disagree. Supervisors usually like their supervisees. Supervisors tend to cause trouble for their supervisees when they are less developed than them, in which case some sort of insecurity brews in the supervisor, which causes him/her to be overall annoying to the supervisee, PoRL hitting him/her constantly. But usually they get along just fine. This also depends on the types involved.

Conflict is more of a "damn, I don't get this person" thing, than anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my old boss was my supervisor. I think he liked me well enough, but the supervisor relationship definitely played out. I'm so glad I'm out of there.

I get along with my quadra mates the best. Past that, ILIs... SLEs... ILEs, but it depends on the person and what our roles are.
    IEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I happen to disagree. Supervisors usually like their supervisees. Supervisors tend to cause trouble for their supervisees when they are less developed than them, in which case some sort of insecurity brews in the supervisor, which causes him/her to be overall annoying to the supervisee, PoRL hitting him/her constantly. But usually they get along just fine. This also depends on the types involved.

Conflict is more of a "damn, I don't get this person" thing, than anything.
    Yeah, I think I had a good relationship with ISTps and INFps. I'd rather have an ISTp boss than an ESTj boss, anytime.

Creepy-Cyclops

Some supervision relations are better than others, and of course sub-types affect the dynamics.

LSE-Te is sometimes hard to tell the difference with.

I tend to think that ESE-SLI isn't that bad a pairing in terms of work environment, as they're both focused on comfort and relaxation issues, and the ESE Fe tends to manifest differently than that of ENFj's, it seems more low key (possibly related to plus and minus types should you pay attention to that, at least Filatova's behavioural descriptions seem OK to match up with RL).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk exactly what you mean octopuslove, but if you mean Te doesn't care much about the inner workings, that is what I think. I just need the information and know that its going to work, and if I have to get that information by trial and error, then thats what has to be done, and sometimes its faster that way and I figure out things on my own. So procedure is more of a word I'd associate with Te, because its the actual action I care about (a+b=c) not the inner working (a=4, b=x c=6). Ti is more of applying rules, because in order to know what to do with an inner working, you must know the rules. Know that a goes there and b goes there, in a generalization. With Te, a+b=c is just useful information, and its not a generalization, so a+b=c is its own seperate thing. As much as INTPs theorize about useful information, we don't really theorize about the inner working. Ni however makes those elements of Te (the information and procedures) come to life through synthesis.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk exactly what you mean octopuslove, but if you mean Te doesn't care much about the inner workings, that is what I think. I just need the information and know that its going to work, and if I have to get that information by trial and error, then thats what has to be done, and sometimes its faster that way and I figure out things on my own. So procedure is more of a word I'd associate with Te, because its the actual action I care about (a+b=c) not the inner working (a=4, b=x c=6). Ti is more of applying rules, because in order to know what to do with an inner working, you must know the rules. Know that a goes there and b goes there, in a generalization. With Te, a+b=c is just useful information, and its not a generalization, so a+b=c is its own seperate thing. As much as INTPs theorize about useful information, we don't really theorize about the inner working. Ni however makes those elements of Te (the information and procedures) come to life through synthesis.
    practical example please.

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad for instance explains to me the logic of why every day events happen, in the news and what not, at least his theorization of them, and to me I get it, but I don't really see the point of him explaining all of this to me, and he asks a lot of questions to me and prods me for reasons, but to me it is trivial. It is very general, and it is unfocused on task at hand, and I am likely ignoring him and focusing on something a bit more forward in my day. His information does not really have application, and he is kind of just deconstructing it and placing it into categorical ideas. I am always trying to gather constructive thought specifically towards something in my day. Specific is the key word I think for me. I do not find an unrelated principle to be influential in my daily activities, but to him I think he sort of feeds off of it and finds some inner repeating pattern with it.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing about the LIE I work with though is when working side by side with him, I tend to stop working and just sit there and watch him do stuff, and tell them I'm thinking or taking a break, and it usually lasts a while and I don't return to my work until the next day. I feel bad because I feel like I didn't get anough work done, but for some reason he tells me I did a good job. I think he's just happy I actually did something productive and am building on it. He does talk to me when I stop working and we have an insightful conversation, and then he tells me to finish up as best as I can, but it doesn't end up too well. So at this point, I don't really know how to fix this problem. I have a habit of stopping work, because I don't find it stimulating, and retreating to my mind. So I'm thinking LIE might not be the best stimulus at this point. Writing music can be a very demanding task to do for me, when I don't have the influence. It is quite easy in theory, but its just so external for me. If I don't have the influence, I have to just jump into it with as much energy as I can spare. Narcotics, like food and sweets, don't help as much as one would think.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing about the LIE I work with though is when working side by side with him, I tend to stop working and just sit there and watch him do stuff, and tell them I'm thinking or taking a break, and it usually lasts a while and I don't return to my work until the next day. I feel bad because I feel like I didn't get anough work done, but for some reason he tells me I did a good job. I think he's just happy I actually did something productive and am building on it. He does talk to me when I stop working and we have an insightful conversation, and then he tells me to finish up as best as I can, but it doesn't end up too well. So at this point, I don't really know how to fix this problem. I have a habit of stopping work, because I don't find it stimulating, and retreating to my mind. So I'm thinking LIE might not be the best stimulus at this point. Writing music can be a very demanding task to do for me, when I don't have the influence. It is quite easy in theory, but its just so external for me. If I don't have the influence, I have to just jump into it with as much energy as I can spare. Narcotics, like food and sweets, don't help as much as one would think.
    Bring in stuff that you find interesting and stimulating and just mess around for a little bit when you get stuck. Something will come to you.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad for instance explains to me the logic of why every day events happen, in the news and what not, at least his theorization of them, and to me I get it, but I don't really see the point of him explaining all of this to me, and he asks a lot of questions to me and prods me for reasons, but to me it is trivial. It is very general, and it is unfocused on task at hand, and I am likely ignoring him and focusing on something a bit more forward in my day. His information does not really have application, and he is kind of just deconstructing it and placing it into categorical ideas. I am always trying to gather constructive thought specifically towards something in my day. Specific is the key word I think for me. I do not find an unrelated principle to be influential in my daily activities, but to him I think he sort of feeds off of it and finds some inner repeating pattern with it.
    thank you. that explains him but not you.... i get your dad...to you this info feels trivial but to us Ti types. when we run into similar kinds of information, we can understand it really quickly. that way you don't have to do an indepth thought process on every fact that comes your way.

how do you prioritize what is important for you to think about?

ILE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What types would be adequate stimulous?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we've stumped him, director abbie.

ILE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    What types would be adequate stimulous?
    SEE?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast