Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 46

Thread: Best intertype relations for work

  1. #1
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Best intertype relations for work

    *discuss*

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  2. #2
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok so these would be medium psychological distance. i've noticed that good ones for me are with LSE, SLI, ESE, LII, SLE, EIE, or alternatively,
    benfactor, semi-dual, activity, mirror, lookalike, beneficiary. probably beneficiary has been best for me.

    other extraverts a little more than introverts.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  3. #3
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Activity and I also think Beneficiary, which is actually the mirror type of your Illusionary. Activity I'd say for more of a team effort (balance), and Beneficiary for leveling up (leverage), and you could form a decent team with the ring of benefit, consisting of you, your benefactor, superego, and beneficiary. The process of this group might be too hasty though, my superego giving my beneficiary advice, which in turn gives to me, is not necessarily good news for me.

  4. #4
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mirror is fine.

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Activity and I also think Beneficiary, which is actually the mirror type of your Illusionary. Activity I'd say for more of a team effort (balance), and Beneficiary for leveling up (leverage), and you could form a decent team with the ring of benefit, consisting of you, your benefactor, superego, and beneficiary. The process of this group might be too hasty though, my superego giving my beneficiary advice, which in turn gives to me, is not necessarily good news for me.
    interesting. i've often thought of the ring of benefit as a process where the benefactor is endowing the beneficiary with something they need for the next part of the work project, and so on. the beneficiary becomes the benefactor to the next beneficiary.

    with lookalikes, i've noticed we kind of see things the same way, don't have to talk very long to get to the yes, and then just crank out production pretty effortlessly.

    mirrors are helpful in planning a complex project.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  6. #6
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For Cowokers:
    Good: Contrary, Dual, Identical, Business, Illusionary, Mirror
    Fine: Super-Ego, Supervisee, Supervisor, Benefactor, Beneficiary, Lookalike, Semi-Dual
    Bad: Conflict, Quasi-Identical, Activation

    For Boss:
    Good: Contrary, Dual, Identical, Mirror, Supervisor
    Fine: Lookalike, Semi-dual, Beneficiary
    Bad: Conflict, Quasi-Identical, Activation, Super-Ego, Supervisee, Benefator, Illusionary, Business

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  7. #7
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I would really enjoy working with my lookalike. (SEI) In thinking about this further, I enjoy working with all alphas. There's something nice about them! They're friendly, refreshing, nonjudgmental, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  8. #8
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think I would really enjoy working with my lookalike. (SEI) In thinking about this further, I enjoy working with all alphas. There's something nice about them! They're friendly, refreshing, nonjudgmental, etc.
    Yeah. Alphas are fun. But working with my SEI brother is like Gilligan and the Skipper trying to accomplish something.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  9. #9
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Yeah. Alphas are fun. But working with my SEI brother is like Gilligan and the Skipper trying to accomplish something.
    LOL! My dad is like that (he's SEI) but it's soooo much fun!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely Identical, at least for me. You think similarly so you make a good team. Much less time is spent explaining things.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't enjoy having a superego boss. There's a whole lot of good stuff I can say about him, but he expects me to fill the role of an LII and sometimes it drives me crazy.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    gilligan and skipper.... ah so true

  13. #13
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree, medium psychological distance. Not too close, but not too distant. I would say kiddie corner quadras make good work partners. alphas/betas and gamma/deltas.

  14. #14
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think (well, my experience suggests) that dual is the best relation even in work-settings; when you're looking to get things done. If you're promoting a new project, then identical or supervisor (yes, supervisor: remember that they love your base function, since it's their creative) is the best. My worst relationship in work-settings is with my comparative, too much head-butting.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  15. #15
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dual (LSE), Semi-dual (LIE), Activation (SLI), Benefactor (ILI), Business (LII)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  16. #16
    Creepy-male

    Default

    LSE/Activity. They actually get stuff done. Dual is pretty bad, since we just wind up goofing off. Supervisee I could see as being bad, since they're good at legwork and could get pretty pissed at me achieving absolute bupkiss.

  17. #17
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE would be plain ideal anyway. They are EJs (born to work) and they are my supervisee.

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    LSE would be plain ideal anyway. They are EJs (born to work) and they are my supervisee.
    But they'd do a lot of stuff you'd find useless.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Dual is pretty bad, since we just wind up goofing off.
    I find that with anyone from my quadra :redface: We have to mutually ignore each other to get anything done, unless we put our minds to it. So for short term projects with a definite deadline, it's really effective, since we think the same ideas are good, minimal communication is necessary, and I have faith in their ability to do a decent job... but for anything indefinite and longer than, say, a fortnight, we'll distract each other. Activity has been especially bad...

    It depends on what sort of work as well - at the moment, I find Ti-bases excellent to bounce ideas off, since I'm in a pretty Ti area of work (scientific research). Ti valuers in general seem to be easier to work with - Te valuers tend to be sloppy (Te-egos often forget to consider fundamental scientific principles when going "by the book", although they're very good at following established procedures; Te-superids get all defensive when you point out the basics). My SEI boss is excellent for me - since we're both Te-PoLR, she's very understanding of my slacking off; my identical works under his supervisor (LIE) and gets really stressed. ILE (mirage), SEI (business) and LII (beneficiary) have been pretty good co-workers so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  20. #20
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I don't think I'd always like working with EJs, now that I think about it.

    Wikisocion
    IPs see EJs as annoyingly pushy and insistent in their initiatives; they may respect their energy levels but also wonder if they don't see that a lot of that energy is spent wastefully to no good purpose.
    I relate to that description for the most part. ITJs aren't any better however, in a work-style situation, because of all their stupid rules and by-the-book attitude, so I think LIE would be a good choice too, and I would probably feel a connection. We Te types pretty much dislike rules, but I still picture the Te dominant type as a bit anal and whatnot, so I'm unsure. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I find that with anyone from my quadra :redface: We have to mutually ignore each other to get anything done, unless we put our minds to it.
    I usually end up ignoring people anyway, so I think an LIE would be good.

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha, sometimes we (well, I) just like to do stuff to pass time, not because there is a good purpose
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I usually end up ignoring people anyway, so I think an LIE would be good.
    Yeah, it might be the Fe-creative part - once I get comfortable I don't shut up.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    haha, sometimes we (well, I) just like to do stuff to pass time, not because there is a good purpose
    Why can't you be lazy like us and just do the bare essentials? :wink:

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I relate to that description for the most part. ITJs aren't any better however, in a work-style situation, because of all their stupid rules and by-the-book attitude, so I think LIE would be a good choice too, and I would probably feel a connection. We Te types pretty much dislike rules, but I still picture the Te dominant type as a bit anal and whatnot, so I'm unsure. Maybe I'm just imagining things.
    It's amusing how Ti valuers hate Te valuers' rules and vice versa. "Disliking rules" is such a misnomer for "disliking rules that you feel are unnecessary".
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eheh, because we (well, I) feel happier when I do stuff
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eheh, because we (well, I) feel happier when I do stuff
    That is such an LIE thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All I'm saying is these Ti rules are made for Ti people, not me. I won't follow them. Can you explain what you mean by Te rules? You mean like simple self-evident logic and whatnot, yeah that is easy to follow internally.

  26. #26
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    That is such an LIE thing to say.
    Yes, that's my type in fact.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  27. #27
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know... I feel a lot better with other irrationals... or people who aren't "fixed" and seem to try to make everyone else be as rigid and anal as they are while focusing on 1001 details that they get on your case if you miss them. (Unfortunately this really doesn't say anything.)

  28. #28
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    All I'm saying is these Ti rules are made for Ti people, not me. I won't follow them. Can you explain what you mean by Te rules? You mean like simple self-evident logic and whatnot, yeah that is easy to follow internally.
    "Rules" is a bit of a non-specific term - I guess Te rules are better described as "procedures", while Ti rules are "principles". It's hard to explain what I mean, since in real situations Ti and Te questions are often interwoven with other functions, but I'll try...

    Say you had a molecule, containing (inter alia) X and Y. You want to turn X into Z, and since you've encountered similar things before, you unthinkingly do A, B and C to it, and find that it turns into something unexpected. So you go back and look, and realise that Y decomposes in water, and lo and behold, step B uses water!

    Ti-valuer would tend to think, What is water doing in B? It's a [whatever] reaction, which just requires water as a polar solvent, so if we replace it with another polar solvent, it should work fine, even though no one's tried it before.

    Te-valuer would tend to do a literature search and find that doing D and E will also turn X into Z without interfering with Y, and do that instead.

    So the "Te rule" is that the A-B-C procedure works in certain situations, but analogous situations tend to be ignored in favour of other specific information. It's a piece of information that isn't placed into a wider framework and understood in a larger context. I guess "restriction" would be another way of describing it (though Te-valuers would probably argue that generalisations suffer in reliability, etc.).

    (I'm half asleep, not sure if any of that made sense.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  29. #29
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think in-quadra relations are still best.

    It is not good to have a supervisor as a boss. Just because the word is "supervisor" does not mean that person would make a good supervisor. That person would be highly critical and you would get passed over for every promotion because you'd be considered to be a loser.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  30. #30
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It is not good to have a supervisor as a boss. Just because the word is "supervisor" does not mean that person would make a good supervisor. That person would be highly critical and you would get passed over for every promotion because you'd be considered to be a loser.
    Yeah, definitely! And in some ways it's worse than conflict, because you can sort of see their point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  31. #31
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've been supervised by my socionics supervisor at work and SM is right...this is a terrible relation and you do always end up looking like a dipshit. they have psychological AND contextual power over you, so it's really not pleasant. i've also been supervised by my supervisee...this goes slightly better since they can't really touch you, but they get pissed off and you get some retaliation, so you have to be careful.

    best people to supervise: intra-quadra.

    best supervisors: intraquadra, relations of benefit, semi dual, lookalike

    best co workers: lookalike, contrary, benefit.

    the work turns out ok but a lot of discomfort: conflict, supervisee

    not good for work/getting stuff done: illusionary, quasi, comparative

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  32. #32
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    All I'm saying is these Ti rules are made for Ti people, not me. I won't follow them. Can you explain what you mean by Te rules? You mean like simple self-evident logic and whatnot, yeah that is easy to follow internally.
    i've actually seen this play out at work. i was hired to set up a program...intp guy doesn't want to follow the program. he likes to make decisions based on individual clients, i like to set up programs that meet the needs of the vast majority of clients, and individualize from there.

    his individual clients probably get pretty good service, if he has the time for them. my clients get a wider variety of service to pick from.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Yeah, definitely! And in some ways it's worse than conflict, because you can sort of see their point.
    I happen to disagree. Supervisors usually like their supervisees. Supervisors tend to cause trouble for their supervisees when they are less developed than them, in which case some sort of insecurity brews in the supervisor, which causes him/her to be overall annoying to the supervisee, PoRL hitting him/her constantly. But usually they get along just fine. This also depends on the types involved.

    Conflict is more of a "damn, I don't get this person" thing, than anything.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, my old boss was my supervisor. I think he liked me well enough, but the supervisor relationship definitely played out. I'm so glad I'm out of there.

    I get along with my quadra mates the best. Past that, ILIs... SLEs... ILEs, but it depends on the person and what our roles are.
    IEE

  35. #35
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I happen to disagree. Supervisors usually like their supervisees. Supervisors tend to cause trouble for their supervisees when they are less developed than them, in which case some sort of insecurity brews in the supervisor, which causes him/her to be overall annoying to the supervisee, PoRL hitting him/her constantly. But usually they get along just fine. This also depends on the types involved.

    Conflict is more of a "damn, I don't get this person" thing, than anything.
    Yeah, I think I had a good relationship with ISTps and INFps. I'd rather have an ISTp boss than an ESTj boss, anytime.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  36. #36
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Some supervision relations are better than others, and of course sub-types affect the dynamics.

    LSE-Te is sometimes hard to tell the difference with.

    I tend to think that ESE-SLI isn't that bad a pairing in terms of work environment, as they're both focused on comfort and relaxation issues, and the ESE Fe tends to manifest differently than that of ENFj's, it seems more low key (possibly related to plus and minus types should you pay attention to that, at least Filatova's behavioural descriptions seem OK to match up with RL).

  37. #37
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Idk exactly what you mean octopuslove, but if you mean Te doesn't care much about the inner workings, that is what I think. I just need the information and know that its going to work, and if I have to get that information by trial and error, then thats what has to be done, and sometimes its faster that way and I figure out things on my own. So procedure is more of a word I'd associate with Te, because its the actual action I care about (a+b=c) not the inner working (a=4, b=x c=6). Ti is more of applying rules, because in order to know what to do with an inner working, you must know the rules. Know that a goes there and b goes there, in a generalization. With Te, a+b=c is just useful information, and its not a generalization, so a+b=c is its own seperate thing. As much as INTPs theorize about useful information, we don't really theorize about the inner working. Ni however makes those elements of Te (the information and procedures) come to life through synthesis.

  38. #38
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Idk exactly what you mean octopuslove, but if you mean Te doesn't care much about the inner workings, that is what I think. I just need the information and know that its going to work, and if I have to get that information by trial and error, then thats what has to be done, and sometimes its faster that way and I figure out things on my own. So procedure is more of a word I'd associate with Te, because its the actual action I care about (a+b=c) not the inner working (a=4, b=x c=6). Ti is more of applying rules, because in order to know what to do with an inner working, you must know the rules. Know that a goes there and b goes there, in a generalization. With Te, a+b=c is just useful information, and its not a generalization, so a+b=c is its own seperate thing. As much as INTPs theorize about useful information, we don't really theorize about the inner working. Ni however makes those elements of Te (the information and procedures) come to life through synthesis.
    practical example please.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  39. #39
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My dad for instance explains to me the logic of why every day events happen, in the news and what not, at least his theorization of them, and to me I get it, but I don't really see the point of him explaining all of this to me, and he asks a lot of questions to me and prods me for reasons, but to me it is trivial. It is very general, and it is unfocused on task at hand, and I am likely ignoring him and focusing on something a bit more forward in my day. His information does not really have application, and he is kind of just deconstructing it and placing it into categorical ideas. I am always trying to gather constructive thought specifically towards something in my day. Specific is the key word I think for me. I do not find an unrelated principle to be influential in my daily activities, but to him I think he sort of feeds off of it and finds some inner repeating pattern with it.

  40. #40
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing about the LIE I work with though is when working side by side with him, I tend to stop working and just sit there and watch him do stuff, and tell them I'm thinking or taking a break, and it usually lasts a while and I don't return to my work until the next day. I feel bad because I feel like I didn't get anough work done, but for some reason he tells me I did a good job. I think he's just happy I actually did something productive and am building on it. He does talk to me when I stop working and we have an insightful conversation, and then he tells me to finish up as best as I can, but it doesn't end up too well. So at this point, I don't really know how to fix this problem. I have a habit of stopping work, because I don't find it stimulating, and retreating to my mind. So I'm thinking LIE might not be the best stimulus at this point. Writing music can be a very demanding task to do for me, when I don't have the influence. It is quite easy in theory, but its just so external for me. If I don't have the influence, I have to just jump into it with as much energy as I can spare. Narcotics, like food and sweets, don't help as much as one would think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •