Thread: Wrong assumptions

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Wrong assumptions

Today I was supposed to meet with a friend at 7:30 pm at a coffee shop. The embarrasing thing was I overlooked that fact that it closes at 7:00 pm. It's a different coffee shop than the ones I normally visit but I chose it so my friend didn't have to travel as far. I forgot to check the closing time because I just assumed that it would be open since the coffee shops I normally visit don't close until 9 or 10 pm or even later.

Are there types that are more prone to making these sorts of errors? Maybe intuitive types since they are more prone to rely on general patterns of things and not always think to check the facts.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Today I was supposed to meet with a friend at 7:30 pm at a coffee shop. The embarrasing thing was I overlooked that fact that it closes at 7:00 pm. It's a different coffee shop than the ones I normally visit but I chose it so my friend didn't have to travel as far. I forgot to check the closing time because I just assumed that it would be open since the coffee shops I normally visit don't close until 9 or 10 pm or even later.

Are there types that are more prone to making these sorts of errors? Maybe intuitive types since they are more prone to rely on general patterns of things and not always think to check the facts.
    Ugh, I am prone to this. It's horrible. Especially when the wrong assumption isn't something neutral like what time the coffee shop closes, but something socially awkward and embarrassing.

This sort of thing is where I imagine an ESE would come in handy.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    This sort of thing is where I imagine an ESE would come in handy.
    Yeah, lol. I never check the facts on every day matters, although I have a good hunch about asking questions, such as "might that place be closed?" and then it's usually others who do the dirty work, and if they don't I'm forced to. But for the most part I do overlook the practical details in place of generalities despite my good instinct, and I think it's an N v S thing