Thread: Pressure on eye lids and patterns

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pressure on eye lids and patterns

Has any of you guys gotten bored ever and pressed on your closed eyes with your hands for long enough to begin to see patterns? What kind of patterns do you see? I see yellows and black squares. My INFj friend actually sees the exact same thing, black squares and dark yellow squares. My theory about this is that whent he eyes are closed, they brain is recieving a very low signal to noise ratio, or very low stimulus, and the neural network may start to see itself. The reason I think its a neural net that is seen, is because the squares get smaller in a fractal manner, which is usually good for pattern recognition systems. If a pattern is see with a small portion of the squares it can be compared to a larger version of the pattern with a higher level fractal grid (i think that sorta made sense the way i wrote it). Has anyone else tried/noticed this? If so I would like to get some kind of type statistics from the forum members.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i often kept myself entertained during grammar school classes by doing this.

i don't see much when i try to do it now, just a random floating object. i'm guessing what you see is similar to the floating crap that is associated with asthigmatism.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It cant be related to the eye lense, because there is total darkness, so no light is passing through... this effect sorta reminds me of ccd "dark field" when you cover the ccd of a webcam (the jack up the contrast and brightness) you can see the distinct uniqueness of the ccd.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany