Thread: An objective way to test socionics functions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An objective way to test socionics functions?

These 10 questions are from a random I.Q. test. Tell me what socionics function or functions you see are most involved when solving each question.

You can also tell your type and which kind of questions you find most easiest/hardest to solve.

I was wondering whether more objective tests could be formulated to really _test_ the strength of certain functions instead of vague subjective questions like "Do you think you have strong analytical skills?". I find answer to some type/class of questions almost immediately but others require more time and concentration to solve.

Questions:

1. Please enter the missing number: 3, 4, 8, 17, 33, ?

2. Please insert the missing character to form two words: HUM?ORK

3. Which lamp is the brightest?
    Lamp A is less bright than Lamp B
    Lamp B is brighter than Lamp C
    Lamp C is as bright as Lamp D
    Lamp B is brighter than Lamp D
    Lamp D is brighter than Lamp A

Lamp A Lamp B Lamp C Lamp D no solution

3. A trader buys tea for $1200 and sells it for $1500. Per sack of tea he makes a profit of $50. How many sacks of tea did he have?

4. What is the result of multiplying all numbers from 0 to 25?

5. Please mark the word not matching (meaning) the other words (odd one out):

Whale Shark Herring Carp Pike

6. Please enter the missing character: D, G, K, N, R, ?

7. Please find the figure continuing the series:
    Figure 1, Figure 2, Figure 3, Figure 4, ?
    (I didn't add the graphical figures here but if you have done I.Q. tests you know what this means)

8. Please find the odd figure (that doesn't belong to the group):
    Figure 1, Figure 2, Figure 3, Figure 4, Figure 5
    (I didn't add the graphical figures here but if you have done I.Q. tests you know what this means)

9. Which is the correct conclusion?

Statement: Drinking and Driving causes many accidents.
    Conclusions:
    a) People drink too much alcohol.
    b) People should not drive when over the legal limit.
    c) There is a 20 per cent chance of causing an accident by drunken driving.
    d) Alcohol diminishes driving skills.
    e) The police should carry out more breathanalysing tests.

10. The day before the day before yesterday is three days after Saturday. What day is today?
    a) Sunday b) Monday c) Friday d) Thursday e) Saturday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: An objective way to test socionics functions?

Ok. No one is interested, hehe. I try to get some discussion started..Here is my first impression after playing with the tests a bit...

Questions like "if we assume x, y, z which of the a, b, c is correct" are more related to Te than to Ti.

Questions like "Here is a, b, c, d. Which of them doesn't belong in the group" is more related to Ti than to Te.

It seems numeric, graphic and alphabethic representations of basically same questions are not "equal". People usually prefer one of them to the others. Is this related to their preferred perceiving function?

The word plays like "Please insert the missing character to form two words: HUM?ORK" are more related to perceiving functions than to judging functions. I would think they are somehow related to intuition. Of course you can solve these with "brute force" method but some are naturally fast to solve these and do it almost automatically.

So the point is: could it be possible to differentiate whether you have more Te or Ti based on questions like this? Could it be possible to differentiate whether you have more N or S? How about Ne or Ni? How about Se or Si?

Feeling functions cannot be tested with this kind of questions I guess. This would not be needed anyways as you would only have to know a) Do you prefer Ni or Ne and how strong your N seems to be b) Do you prefer Ti or Te and how strong your T seems to be. This would enable you to get fairly good grasp of your relative functional strength and preference. Maybe somekind of memorization of facts and pictures could be used to test Se/Si? How about finding differences between similar pictures?

The main problem being: can individual functions be tested this way? If not then maybe two-function interactions as in are you more at home with NiTe problems or NeTi problems etc.

So, tell me what you think of this kind of approach? Any potential or not? And why? Could you figure out how to do objective testing of functions with any kind of approach? The goal would be to produce a software which would "clock" how long you spend solving each class of problems (absolute time, relative time between classes of questions, ...) and then produce objective analysis of your functional order and strength based on the results.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it sounds like a cool approach.. but.. I solved everyone pretty easy so .. It must be altered and smart people like me would solve everything.. and my ego wouldn't tell if something was harder then the other

well... I didn't do the 4. What is the result of multiplying all numbers from 0 to 25?

the answer is like 1.5*10^25 i.e if I understood the question right
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer is zero, duh!
    Any number times zero is always zero.
    Are you saying my Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus is wrong?!?!

Who want to calculate with so small numbers anyway?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    The answer is zero, duh!
    Any number times zero is always zero.
    Are you saying my Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus is wrong?!?!
    No, it's your brain that is wrong.

I bet you used the factorial.

Too bad the definition of factorial doesn't include 0.

Learn---> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Factorial.html
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    I think it sounds like a cool approach.. but.. I solved everyone pretty easy so .. It must be altered and smart people like me would solve everything.. and my ego wouldn't tell if something was harder then the other
    It wouldn't be about whether you can or cannot solve them. It would be about how _fast_ you can solve them and especially about whether there is measurable speed difference when you solve different classes of questions. It would be timed automatically by the software so your ego wouldn't affect the result only your speed. That is why it is called objective and what would make it different from all the other subjective tests currently available where ego, unrealistic perception of self and all kinds of other subjective factors play a big role.

I once saw this kind of tests used to measure your subconscious biases in racial, gender, etc issues where you try to associate concepts related to "good" and "bad" with different images of people as fast as you can. If you have subconscious bias let's say towards your own race then you are faster when you have to associate "good" to your own race and "bad" to other races than when it is done the other way around. It was really cool test. I won't tell you what biases I have, hehe. The idea could be applied here too if someone could formulate questions that are related mostly to one or two of your functions. I'm not sure if that is possible though. I don't understand the functions well enough to make good questions. That is why I was hoping for input in this thread I doubt I would do such a software mostly entertaining the thought about if it would be possible or not.