Test “Functions and Aspects”
Task 1. You are seeking employment. You need to decide which job will be suitable for you as regards to your best abilities. These are an approximate list of questions which you will deal on a day to day basis. The payment will depend on how successful you are at solving problems. Sort out the groups of questions in descending order from the top to the bottom of your competence.
Please, take your time and leave a comment why do you think this group of questions is in your ability to solve, why do you think you are good or not good at solving them. Please, refer to the question or group of questions as "me", "not me" and "in doubt".
1. Why does the wind blow to the south but the tree drops to the east; Why did the plastering come off the wall, while decorating has been done only a year ago; You purchased an instrument without instructions, how to use it and what is it for; The Internet does not work again, you have to find the reason to sort it out; what do you need to bare in mind about the procedure and data when conducting an experiment; What nails do you need and what thickness of the board to make the right support for the shed....
Practical task: while solving relationships problems do not refer to the motives and emotions of people but seek objective explanation with the refernce to the facts or rules. You should know how to explain the logic of the of functioninig of different mechanisms or actions of people.
2. Was it right to go in to the war; Is the person with a nickname "Idiot" actually an idiot; Why do Tanya and Vanya have infinite conflicts; why does religion helps Mike but not /steve to solve his problems; Should Galya take an advice of Peter about raising her children; how to stop verbal abuse; how to overcome fear to talk freely personal problems to friends...
Practical task: you need to understand very good motives and feelings of people, to know how to talk to them in the raight manner, to inspire them;d to explain their behaviour from their perspective taking into account their feelings and emotions.
3. To guess what is in the bag or in the mind of a person; how many matches are hidden in the hand of your partner;what will be the outcome and course of events; what may have happened in the past; what would be like the future; write an incredible story which turns out to be true or will be similar to the one, which actually happened; what possibilities and prospects are real and which are not;
Practical task: to learn to waiste your time; find numerous excuses and reasons not to finish the work in time; always think on the way of improvement unfinished work; not to hurry with taking decisions or doing some actions, waiting for a better time and place to do so.
4. Do you know how to get what you want here and now;do you act upon the impulse; how to obtain the authority/money/status, to maintain and to increase them; are you good at protecting your belongings and space from intruders; can you stand up for yourself; what ingredients do you need to add to the food to make it perfect; what accessories do you need to improve the look; do you know how much power you need to apply in order to move but not to break things; is your space/room/clothes comfortable and accurate, do they look tidy; do you usually buy practical goods, which can be used and do not break quickly....
Practical task: When necessary to work with bed smells and looks; to tolerate a prolonged opposition of power with the opponenet and keep cool; to act here and now when the action is needed the most; to show personal confidence; to know how to relax and enjoy the real moment.
Task 2. Aspects
Examine the questions in more detail with respect to your ability to answer them independently, without resorting to the aid of others. Distribute questions into three groups:
1.“My questions” - you will be able to answer most competently.
2.“Not my questions” are difficult to answer.
3. “Questions in the doubt” are not in your personal interest or you would prefer so someone else to answer them.
Please, begin with any group of your choice by writing only numbers of questions.
1.How to express the mood and emotions adequately? How to get from people the right emotional response ? How to change somebodie’s mood when you need to? How to make them feel what you feel?
2.Where it is better to place objects to make the room look better? What objects or accessories look better together? What ingredients are in the food? What do you need to add to the meal to make a better taste? What is comfortable, practical, aesthetical, stylish, hygienic?
3.When is the right time? What may have happened in the past or may happen in the future? Are you good at predicting events?
4.How to do it or to use it (an object)? In what sequence? How to make it quickly and effectively? Is the statement supported by proofs or facts? Do you have experience? Do you know instructions?
5.Who needs this and why? For whom? Is it good/right or not good/right? Do I like it? How this is related to the norms of behaviour? Is it morally justified? Is it within human right?
6.Is it necessary? Why is it necessary? What are the cause and effect? What is necessary and sufficient in this case? Is it correct? Is it in agreement with the existing rules? Do you know the rules?
7. Is it what I want? Is it enjoyable? Is there any benefit for me? What do I lose or gain? Is it my ambition? Will it improve the standard of my living? Does it make me more powerful, self- confident and independent? Will it improve my appearance?
8.What is it all about? Does it make sense? Where is the sense? Is it something/ somebody special or new? Can I do it? What is your potential? What are the possibilities and prospects? Are there many solutions? Which solutions are better and more realistic? Can you easily find the way out?
Task 1. Functions:
1 Thinking 2. Feeling 3. Intuition 4. Sensorics
The number of the questions corresponds with the names of the four functions of C. Yung
1.Fe 2. Si 3. Ni 4. Te 5. Fi 6. Ti 7. Se 8. Ne
“My questions” refer to the most developed functions in the structure of your psyche.
“Not my questions” refer to the weakest functions in the structure of your psyche.
“Questions in the doubt” refer to the functions, which do not exert a substantial influence on the work of your psyche.