IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hypochondriacs

Do you know any?

I do and she's an EII.

Is it a "needy in the Si" thing + being a bit unhealthy?

Or not related?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEE/IEE sister used to be a super hypochondriac. She's gotten a little better about it over the years though.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a total hypochondriac One of my biggest flaws. I've known other slight hypochondriacs to be IEIs too. Just weak

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weak Si and a strong desire for things to be "emotional" or "intense", or dealing with things in that way.... yeah I know a lot of them who arebeta nfs

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a borderline hypochondriac. At first I went to the doctor a few times, but then I started worrying about being a hypochondriac and I started not trusting my own feelings so I tried to ignore it for the most part. It's mainly that when I think something is wrong, I don't know what it is and I develop a "theory" about it and then worry about it. Anyway I do have actual problems I just don't know what they are and I'm probably blowing them all out of proportion. For instance my ear hurts this morning... I had thought before it was my inflammation problem, but then when the back of my head was hurting as well I started wondering if it was a tumor. Sometimes I also have panic attacks where I think my heart will stop or where I'm not sure if I'm still breathing. Anyway, I don't fully understand the cause because I also take a few medications and my health isn't great and there are too many possible causes for everything, which was why I tried to start ignoring it. Anyway, for me it comes with an internal anxiety, but on the outside I probably don't look worried because I hide how I'm feeling inside. Anyway I often feel "hopeful" about the outcome because I always have a new theory about what "the answer" is and then I can rest assured that it will work if I would only do it, which of course I don't... but knowing it's there and that there is still time seems to calm me down (though not when I'm having a panic attack - and it took me a long time to realize it even was a panic attack). Anyway I think the only people that really know about my hypochondriac tendencies are my mom and sister because every now and then I say one of my new theories mainly because if I can say it aloud and someone else can tell me it's ridiculous then it seems to help. But I don't want to be this way either and it's a goal of mine to "get better" whatever that means.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the solution to being a hypochondriac would be to have more knowledge about human physiology. Knowing what goes on inside you will make you more savvy as to what might be happening to your body when you are feeling that something is wrong. The other thing is to learn to accept the frailty of human life, to face the fear of dying and not be controlled by it. Some people due to their particular circumstance are more "aware" of this reality than others. I've noticed that Ni ego types in particular are like this. Once they compare themselves to other people who seem to live free and fancy free, making you wonder if they are even thinking about these deep matters in life, they might feel like they are weirdos or something.

I disagree in that a hypochondriac is "weak in Si" (though in general I hate to call functions as "weak" or "strong"). All fears can be overcome when you face them head on, and this is the case. Your way of dealing with issues does not have to be the same way others deal with it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I think that the solution to being a hypochondriac would be to have more knowledge about human physiology. Knowing what goes on inside you will make you more savvy as to what might be happening to your body when you are feeling that something is wrong. The other thing is to learn to accept the frailty of human life, to face the fear of dying and not be controlled by it. Some people due to their particular circumstance are more "aware" of this reality than others. I've noticed that Ni ego types in particular are like this. Once they compare themselves to other people who seem to live free and fancy free, making you wonder if they are even thinking about these deep matters in life, they might feel like they are weirdos or something.

I disagree in that a hypochondriac is "weak in Si" (though in general I hate to call functions as "weak" or "strong"). All fears can be overcome when you face them head on, and this is the case. Your way of dealing with issues does not have to be the same way others deal with it.
    You would think that, but it actually gives them more fuel for their fires.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EII I know is a nurse. I don't know if being a nurse made her worse about this, or if her tendency toward this drew her into a medical field. Either way, hypochondria + lots of medical knowledge = highly annoying.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All hypochondriacs that I know are ESTj-Te. Though there are probably also other types...

BTW It's also written in the ESTj-Te subtype description that it's common for them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One ILE(Ne) I know could be a hypochondriac. I don't know is he really a hypochondriac or is he a genuine sickster. Whatever he is, he complains a lot.

EDIT: ESI hypochondriac.

Last edited by Trevor; 11-22-2009 at 02:02 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Either way, hypochondria + lots of medical knowledge = highly annoying.
    Yeah, my sis usually starts out with a mild headache and lightheadedness and within a couple hours on google is convinced she's got diabetes.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Yeah, the more you know, the more uncertainty there is about what something could be.

I do know that I think my issues do pertain to my feeling of impending demise. I perceive my life and all life as in an ongoing process of decay after it reaches its peak vitality. I feel time going to the end, to death, and I perceive increasing decay. In a lot of ways I think it's a sick universal joke to have to watch oneself decay and then finally die when the level of decay reaches the point that things inside you can't continue working with one another. Before I had this holier than thou sort of "life is short, reality is impermanent" kind of outlook and I didn't see myself as someone who thought I was invincible. But now that I've passed a certain point I can see what the feeling of invincibility means. It was never thinking that one is invincible... it was actually a feeling of being outside of ones physical existence. I spent a long time not identifying with physical existence. I was my mind and my feelings... my body was only the vessel that housed these things. But as it becomes more clear (although I always knew this in a general knowledge sense) that the mind and body are inseparable and that one affects the other, then I begin seeing the body as this frail decaying thing that anything can go wrong with at any time just out of the blue... that it's a miracle it actually is able to keep people alive as long as it does because it is so flimsy. So I think that before I didn't identify with physical existence... but I've been starting to see myself as both chained to physical reality and dependent on it for my very existence, which makes me feel even more ungrounded. And then there's the reality that it doesn't matter... it's just a blip and then you're dead. And the years pull at people, I've seen it... they wear people down into dust. Anyway if there's a god I'm sure he/she/it finds it really amusing because there is no point to any of it. Even what you learn and know and realize can all be lost if your brain cells all die... I think I find that the most horrifying; the prospect of living with only half of ones mind, having lost their entire identity, living as only half of who they were. The only constant I can really find is that my mind creates a world, a perception of reality... and that interface will always be there as long as I'm alive... it may never be the same, but it will always be me in some sense.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mostly beta NFs are because of weak Si, active Ni, and with weak logic, but I can see how delta NFs would be prone to being a hypochondriac for similar reasons.

I think EIE is the most likely type to be a hypochondriac.

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion on EIEs
    The hypochondriac who is constantly ill with some strange and menacing illness that cannot be seen.
    An EIE friend of mine is this way for sure. Get an EIE to smoke a lot of mj... funny as hell. Though I can somewhat relate and don't smoke for the same reason. The difference is that I realize I'm crazy, he doesn't.

Funny story, he stopped smoking for a while because he thought he felt like he was pissing himself when he wasn't.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-03-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I think mostly beta NFs are because of weak Si, active Ni, and with weak logic, but I can see how delta NFs would be prone to being a hypochondriac for similar reasons.
    this kind of speculation is dangerous.

ESTJ have Si in their ego, and are called hypochondria's in their subtype description, explain that...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is the answer to all of these type-related questions... but honestly I don't know that it's all that type related in a bottom line sort of way. For instance with me... it could be my strong Si is telling me important things that I'm reacting to... or it could be my weak Si leads my Ni to have some freak out fest about it. I mean it really is personal to the individual with it and what in particular they are doing/perceiving that is leading them to it.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ESTJ have Si in their ego, and are called hypochondria's in their subtype description, explain that...
    That is interesting..

Maybe it has to do with the blocks. Si+Te without Ni trusts the senses too much without speculation. Ni+Fe without Si trusts thoughts too much without a proper foundation. But, then at this point I could probably rationalize why any type could be a hypochondriac.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a hypochondriac when I was SUPER stressed out. I think it has to do with weak Si.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I know this is the answer to all of these type-related questions... but honestly I don't know that it's all that type related in a bottom line sort of way. For instance with me... it could be my strong Si is telling me important things that I'm reacting to... or it could be my weak Si leads my Ni to have some freak out fest about it. I mean it really is personal to the individual with it and what in particular they are doing/perceiving that is leading them to it.
    yes.

I also wonder what the reason is for being hypochondriac.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    But, then at this point I could probably rationalize why any type could be a hypochondriac.
    Exactly. it's easy to find reasons for every element to be the one responsible for it.

For example, hypochondriac, complaining about health, might mean you would like attention, or being cared for, being nursed. Almost Fi seeking. Well that's according to ESTJ-Te.

As soon as the word health comes into play everyone is suddenly Si focussed. Well I've seen two people on this forum tell the exact same story how LSI is obsessed with fresh vegetables, again, another element then Si. So all the reasoning often doesn't correspond to reality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the two hypochondriacs i know are ESTj-Te and ENFj-Fe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types and hypochondria:

Hypochondriasis - the tendency to seek and find within themselves the various diseases. With this bias differ "Hamlet", "Caesar", "Robespierre, to a lesser extent -" Jack "and" Gabin ". The property is quite alien to "Administrator" LSE. Rise properties are completely and almost equal to the contribution provided by only two socionic features, namely the poles of "strategists" and "stubborn".

Btw..my dad is ESTj-Te. He almost never complains about his health although he has a lot of problems. Ha?? In someone's faces, whoever they might be.

Btw2..Jason_M gives me an impression of a hypochondriac.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*poof*
    Last edited by Blaze; 11-23-2009 at 04:00 PM.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Si awareness could cause hypochondria... Echoing what someone said earlier, theoretically, beta NFs would be the most likely hypochondriacs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    The EII I know is a nurse. I don't know if being a nurse made her worse about this, or if her tendency toward this drew her into a medical field. Either way, hypochondria + lots of medical knowledge = highly annoying.
    yeah, i think it honestly gets worse with the more you know. the worst hypochondriacs i know are people who work in hospitals, but i think it's because they generally are made more highly aware of how easy it is to GET things. that would be how i would even justify my own hypochondria.

the people i know who are never freaked out about diseases or getting sick are generally people who are ignorant of their own bodies. either that, or they're extremely optimistic about their own immune system. so if we say that is awareness of one's body, you'd think types might have more complaints/take care of small shit as it arises. my dad as a doctor/surgeon can be skittish about this. i'm certain he doesn't have polr, so i'm wary about saying beta NFs are the most likely hypochondriacs.

what i mean is that our innate desire to NOT DIE is probably stronger than the functions in all cases.
    Last edited by implied; 11-24-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think this is type related, but I did know an ENTp once at Starr who was totally like that. Although the medical staff at that place was a total joke.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an EII and obsessive about my health, and I'd honestly go into the medical field because I have such a fixation. How ever I don't think I could work in a hospital because I easily get sick. The fact that I easily catch colds ect., drives me insane. I also am obsessed about my appearance.
    Last edited by youfloweryourfeast; 09-14-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si grip ( ENXP ) in MBTI

Sp blindspot over focus

I heard it's 2 Sp problem but I'm not sure

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it the most in LII, EII, ILE and IEE, so... weak valued Si.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problems with correctly intepreting the strength and the medical implications of bodily events and illnesses can probably be related to weaker sensing and logic