Thread: The Millionth And One-th "What's My Type" Thread

Default The Millionth And One-th "What's My Type" Thread..

Okay, so there's this guy...

I don't know how many phone conversations I've taken part in that started like this, but this thread is going to be counted into that number regardless. I am really interested in getting to know what his type is and what fires him up. When I first met him, I thought he was incredibly immature and stupid but that was about two years ago. Over the last couple of weeks, we've bonded really well and he's in the process of breaking up with his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend. And of course, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

So here's what I've noticed:

*Likes working in a laid-back atmosphere.
    *Dresses in very simplistic, businesslike attire.
    *Surprisingly, very traditional.
    *Wide circle of friends. Very wide.
    *His lack of foresight makes me think that's he's got an S in there somewhere.
    *He's a great storyteller and gets really animated when the story is something he's passionate about.
    *Takes orders very well, but I don't know much about his leadership abilities or lack thereof.
    *I've noticed this "following" thing he does--sort of like tagging-along with the existing leader in the room.
    *Once you get him to open up, it's very easy for him to talk about his personal life and gets very voluble.
    *Doesn't lose his temper. Actually, I've never seen him angry although he did tell me about "One time, in this bar..." story where he did vandalize property.

I'm an INXX and it seems like when we spend time together, time flies by really quickly. We were driving on an extremely long car trip and because we spent most of the time conversing (and cracking each other up), the five hour trip seemed like thirty minutes at the most. Possible dual?

Thank you guys (and gals) for all of your insight!

~chickenfriedrice

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Him: ESFp, ethical sub

You: possibly INTp?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Hmm....

Something I've noticed is that he can be quite a stickler for rules....Sometimes...ESTP possibly? But I'm not quite sure. I asked him what he was planning to do after graduation and he basically said he had no idea. He's a pretty easy-going person so hopefully this new information can help some.

I myself however haven't quite figured out my own type...Whenever I take those tests, most of the time I end up with an even split for the F/T and P/J functions. Maybe that's why I'm able to get along with many of the different personality types, I dunno.

Thank you again~

bumpity bump bump bump!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think he's an ISFp.

And yes, I know he's got an wide circle of friends etc, but in socionics to be an IXXx type means only that your base function is introverted. ISFps can be very outgoing socially.

Overall I got more of an impression of ISFp rather than ESFp.

Other possibilities are indeed ESFp ethical subtype or ISFj. But I still think ISFp is the likeliest.

EDIT: for a socionics type, rather than tests, it would be more useful if you just wrote about yourself.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Actually, I've been digging deeper and this information kind of changes the equation.

*Like I said before, great story teller. I've noticed that he uses lots of hand motions and likes to use visuals.
    *He's also mentioned that when it comes to relationships, he gets bored really easily. Right now, he "just can't get rid of her"---meaning his current girlfriend. I'm guessing this signals a "P" function on his part.
    *Definitely has a temper, although he only shows it during certain instances and keeps it in check most of the time.
    *Some others have remarked of his character, "He can be very cocky."

Overall, I'm thinking ESFP...But I'm not too sure myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to say estj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually ESTj makes sense, but not the "getting bored with relationships easily", don't you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Millionth And One-th "What's My Type" Thre

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfriedrice
    *He's also mentioned that when it comes to relationships, he gets bored really easily. Right now, he "just can't get rid of her"---meaning his current girlfriend. I'm guessing this signals a "P" function on his part.
    this sounds like the not wanted to get caught up or "trapped" in and like chicken is putting a different spin on it maybe (unintentionally)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfriedrice
    *Wide circle of friends. Very wide.
    *Takes orders very well, but I don't know much about his leadership abilities or lack thereof.
    *Once you get him to open up, it's very easy for him to talk about his personal life and gets very voluble.
    *Doesn't lose his temper. Actually, I've never seen him angry although he did tell me about "One time, in this bar..." story where he did vandalize property.
    this doesn't sound isfp to me. i included the opening up part only because isfps do not get volatile when discussing their emotions that is a T thing though they definitely do not share them with everyone

Hmm...He gets extremely animated and vivacious when telling stories, especially personal anecdotes. However, when I was talking..er..posting earlier about his relationship boredom, I was just paraphrasing what he had said. I think there's a fine difference between not being able to commit and quickly becoming bored with a relationship. With him though, I think it's a mixture of both.

The ESTJ description does sound a lot like him, but as for the J and relationship part of it, I have my doubts. I'm tempted to say ESTP. Also during an earlier conversation, he was talking about how teachers in school would tell him that he had potential, he just didn't apply himself. I don't know which function that would be indicative, but I thought it might be helpful.

Two other pieces of information would be helpful would be the fact that he does obey rules and the law until somebody does something to tick him off. Also, he was telling me about how he gives a person multiple chances and once they "use up their chances", he goes off.

Hopefully this mystery-type will be solved!

I've been looking through the descriptions and forums, etc. and it seems that it's safe to say ESFP...Am I in consensus?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could well be ESFp, but honestly I couldn't decide based on the information you gave.