Thread: Are Quadras Self-Sufficient?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are Quadras Self-Sufficient?

That is, if a society consisted of nothing but one, or maybe even two quadras, could it survive? Could a society survive if there were two information elements totally unvalued by every single member of the population. For instance: if the world was all alphas and betas, could it survive with no one valuing Fi and Te? Or if the word were all gammas and deltas, how would things work with no value on Fe or Ti? I mean, in theory, one's dual helps to cover one's polr or weaknesses or whatever, but in practice... thoughts?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, I believe so.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I imagine a Beta culture, and I think "Louis XV".

I have high hopes for a purely Gamma culture, since that's basically the overarching business world in Western society.

I think a better question is "how would you stop the quadra evolution"? It's hard to theorize about what a static culture would be like, because I can't imagine it happening.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single quadras I think have a kickass time until they realize the proverbial shit has hit the fan. Adjacent quadras can cooperate on common ground and achieve more. Opposite quadras are more like, "Uh, this is my side of the room".

Also, I've got no clue what the fucker above is on about. Austrailians!

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly it could. It could survive with only one type, though it'd be goofed up. It'd probably do just as well will a dual pair as with a whole quadra.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it survive? Probably. Would it be as diverse and progressive? no.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's actually when a quadra thinks it is self-sufficient that humanitarian disasters like the rise of Nazi-Germany occur.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    same.

Nazi Germany was a mess because of poor economics (included are the philosophical and "scientific" underpinnings for that system).

Ayn Rand is a beta and would have had a totally different and far more prosperous civilization.

This is simply outside the realm of Socionics. The only thing you could argue is that the motives were beta. However, the product fails or suceeds on its economic merits alone, not socionic diversity.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real question is whether a type is self sufficient / can a type even come to exist from solitude. for that i think no, our type develops from circumstances to some degree, it's a form of specialization
    INTp

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the question was not whether we are dependent on people, it was whether we are dependent on our interactions with people from other quadras.

Are you saying that type is a product of our environment? I'd agree there, which is why I don't think you could isolate an entire quadra for more than a generation. Also type may be at least partially genetic.

*waits for rat's snotty rebuke*
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you captain obvious. yes, one type : four type :: four type : sixteen type = one type vs. sixteen type. oh wait.. this contradicts with your special idea of model x and shadow functions. nevermind then
    INTp

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ur Welkum! <3
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please pull your tongue out of your anus.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am disappointed you still haven't thrown your crap idea away since we have already thoroughly nitpicked it to death

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Please pull your tongue out of your anus.
    why would this pop into your mind?
    INTp

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What idea? And who is "we"?

edit: oh i just saw your edit.

What does this have to do with shadow functions?

Btw I have clarified to you in the past that humans might have the unvalued elements, but they are latent and unused. They are antithetical to how you process information. You do not use them in collaboration with your valued elements.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    why would this pop into your mind?
    I enjoy considering the prospects of your anus, I guess.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may or may not. Technically human beings are within one larger quadra, which is really small compared to all the possible more or less sufficient quadras.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Could a society survive if there were two information elements totally unvalued by every single member of the population. For instance: if the world was all alphas and betas, could it survive with no one valuing Fi and Te? Or if the word were all gammas and deltas, how would things work with no value on Fe or Ti? I mean, in theory, one's dual helps to cover one's polr or weaknesses or whatever, but in practice... thoughts?
    IMO,

it's more likely that a 4 quadra system evolved to add the flexibility and vitality needed for our genus to even have hope of surviving various catastrophes in the wild.

In times of crisis or during times favourable to only one quadra, a system of greater than four quadras might have made interaction too complex for that one quadra to assert temporary dominance over the others.

A robust system of 16 types also offsets some negative consequences in case of a population bottleneck.

But you're free to speculate about the role of technology and society in changing all that.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes but it would have lots of problems. American society seems to value Gamma and Delta the most. No society is completely balanced, culture norms obviously favors one quadra over the other.

Cities have their own themes and they vary, within the same state, not just country. For example, my own home town is much harsher with sex offenders than Ann Arbor is. I don't know how that would relate socionically, but I just live in a more conservative area than A2.

(Many rapists and sex offenders do in fact flock to Ann Arbor because of all the psychologists and leftists there that give them third, fourth, and fifth etc. chances)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    the real question is whether a type is self sufficient / can a type even come to exist from solitude. for that i think no, our type develops from circumstances to some degree, it's a form of specialization
    It is also what i think myself. Types can only exist and develop whitin society. If there was no society, types wouldn't exist. It's more like a role that you play living among others, where you are perfectly conscious anf feel responsible about it, your actions and your relations with the others in the group.