Thread: Do Si valuers have a repetative schedule?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do Si valuers have a repetative schedule?

I've been aware of this from various Si valuers that they seem to value a balance of a few certain things, and need this balance, where Ni valuers could not care less, and just do whatever. Like how they need to have a period of rest for a few days, followed by a couple days of video games, followed by getting out for a bit, then practicing piano or whatever, then followed by rest again, and my friend for instance, it seems like he feels bad inside when he doesn't get a chance to complete his addiction cycle. I guess addiction cycle is a weird way to put it, but it seems like they have a few certain necessities and urges. I definitely don't have these sort of necessities in my schedule. Reality just seems like a reflection of myself, and what I chose to do. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or could add on to what I'm trying to say?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems accurate for me, anyway, not sure about the others.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't reallly have a repetitive schedule for things. I do need some relaxation time each day but that's about it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I don't reallly have a repetitive schedule for things. I do need some relaxation time each day but that's about it.
    Noob.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Noob.
    Wrong

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong
    Negative.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positive!
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Positive!
    Explain.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's play word association!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a repetitive schedule, I used to have it with videogames but its more related to the game specific itself rather than my personality. Either way that was a while ago and right now I have very little to none repetative things in my daily life apart from going to work each day.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sister right now is playing the piano. long before that she was playing tetris on some website or other. and before that she was watching a whole series on youtube. yep, she's gone on to the pc. and the cycle begins again..

Si + Fe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I've been aware of this from various Si valuers that they seem to value a balance of a few certain things, and need this balance, where Ni valuers could not care less, and just do whatever. Like how they need to have a period of rest for a few days, followed by a couple days of video games, followed by getting out for a bit, then practicing piano or whatever, then followed by rest again, and my friend for instance, it seems like he feels bad inside when he doesn't get a chance to complete his addiction cycle. I guess addiction cycle is a weird way to put it, but it seems like they have a few certain necessities and urges. I definitely don't have these sort of necessities in my schedule. Reality just seems like a reflection of myself, and what I chose to do. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or could add on to what I'm trying to say?
    It sounds to me as if the person or people your describing just have interests that may be different from yours. Is it really socionics related? Everybody needs rest. I don't think one needs to be an Si valuer to like video games or practicing the piano.

What you say does sound a little bit the Reinin description for Si/Ne valuers that claims those type of people's natural state is to be at rest, whereas Se/Ni values have trouble relaxing and always have to be doing things. I'm not sure I buy that description.

I realize that what you were trying to point out seems to have something to do with having a "need" to do something instead of just "wanting" to do it. It's not clear to me that there's always a clear difference. Other people's "desires" may seem like "additions" from our perspective. I don't think addictive behaviors are limited to Delta/Alpha types.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't keep schedules (except for things like school that can't be handled without a schedule of some sort), but there are some things I do on repeating basis, mostly out of automatism so I don't have think about doing them and can focus on more important things. Every time I try to keep a schedule I go out of my way to violate it and do whatever comes to me in the heat of the moment. I'm not canonically J in that respect.

I don't in any way relate to what Polikujm wrote about these supposed Si valuers, in any case. Looks a bit like my delta parents (ISTp, INFj), though, for whatever it's worth. An old ESTj friend of mine and his family used to live in that kind of pattern aswell.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My answer is "yes."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't keep schedules (except for things like school that can't be handled without a schedule of some sort), but there are some things I do on repeating basis, mostly out of automatism so I don't have think about doing them and can focus on more important things. Every time I try to keep a schedule I go out of my way to violate it and do whatever comes to me in the heat of the moment. I'm not canonically J in that respect.
    This basically. I've tried to impose schedules and routines at myself but utterly failed every single time. Now I rather prefer having goals which are to be achieved following some kind of very loose plan i.e. knowing what I want and having a general idea how to get there, having a general idea what to do in order to get there, but required action itself is nonscheduled, kind of chaotic but nonetheless quite appropriate from my goal's point of view. This gives me more space for manoeuvring and whatnot.

EDIT: OK, from today, schedules it is
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-11-2010 at 06:49 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if my husband has a schedule other than meals and, if he can squeeze one in, a nap.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I can relate to this. I wouldn't say I have a schedule, but more of a natural "rhythm" of life. If I try to impose an artificial schedule (like going to bed before 1:00 AM or something equally ridiculous), it clashes with my natural rhythm and soon falls apart.

If some major change happens that disrupts my natural rhythm, I get very stressed out until I can return to my normal flow.

Could this have something to do with static vs. dynamic?
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I can relate to this. I wouldn't say I have a schedule, but more of a natural "rhythm" of life. If I try to impose an artificial schedule (like going to bed before 1:00 AM or something equally ridiculous), it clashes with my natural rhythm and soon falls apart.

If some major change happens that disrupts my natural rhythm, I get very stressed out until I can return to my normal flow.

A "rhythm" is probably a Pi issue... thus this would be a Judicious/Decisive difference with Judicious types caring about their physical rhythms and Decisive types caring about their... spiritual rhythms?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My instinct was "no, they value Ne". But my husband tells me he thinks he does like having some kind of routine.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    This basically. I've tried to impose schedules and routines at myself but utterly failed every single time. Now I rather prefer having goals which are to be achieved following some kind of very loose plan i.e. knowing what I want and having a general idea how to get there, having a general idea what to do in order to get there, but required action itself is nonscheduled, kind of chaotic but nonetheless quite appropriate from my goal's point of view. This gives me more space for manoeuvring and whatnot.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

I can relate to this. I think it's the combination of static and rational. In other words, IJ temperament. EP's are static but seem to thrive on change.

According to Wikisocion:

IJs are both static and rational, so they see reality as mostly not changing - but when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An IJ draws inner stability from a stable reality, especially as seen through his leading function. That makes him confident that things will probably remain as they are despite what he sees as minor disturbances; periods of clear upheaval are very disturbing and the individual is anxious that things will "settle down" one way or the other soon enough.
    As introverts, IJs tend to be calm and relaxed about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative, but will be more inclined to try to make sure a relationship is maintained once established.

EPs are both static and irrational, so they perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt "leaps" from one state to another. An EP is bothered by the lack of change, especially as seen through his leading function, since his personal preference is for change. That makes him impulsive, with sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought, as he tries to get his perceptions "moving".

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm an Si valuer too, aren't I. No, I don't like a schedule. I like everything being open all the time.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im Se and I do have some schedule. I don't think of it as a schedule though, just as "doing things".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Si valuers try to/naturally focus on what they need more and this leads to doing (or aiming to do) what they need to do or abstaining from what they don't need to do so that they're always meeting their needs in an optimal way.

With Se valuers, maybe plug in "want" instead of "need".

Of course there's also self-indulgence and addiction in general. I mean if an Si valuer were "over-indulging" in Si then that might mean not doing what they "need" but rather doing what they "enjoy" to their own detriment (Si hedonism).

I don't know about schedules, but I think that maybe in the OP you were talking more about the balance of a few select things (not necessarily a plot in time about what to do when and how long). I was thinking maybe it could look like a schedule to the outside because the "balance" would probably be about addressing their own needs to maintain an optimal state, creating their own harmony - and this would show up as a pattern in their activities over time even if they never planned it out or scheduled anything.

Another thing that came to mind was getting stuck in processes and having to carry them through, unable to move out of them abruptly to a different thing (process or not). And I don't know if/how that would be related.
    Last edited by marooned; 10-04-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Creepy-bg

Si hedonism is

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's the combination of static and rational. In other words, IJ temperament. EP's are static but seem to thrive on change.
    I think so, too. I would imagine that Irrational types want more room for spontaneity/change whereas Rationals want more stability/scheduling.

I prefer to know something ahead of time, to be prepared for it, so to speak. Some spontaneity is okay, but not constantly, it makes me feel insecure
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I fix the washing machine and then go to rest... then I'm Si-leading.?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.