Thread: What do I win?

Default What do I win?

Oops. I mean, what's my type?

Creepy-Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Depends. What kind of toast do you like to spread yourself on?
    Golden brown and buttered.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a curious fellow, which seems like it should be type-related, but I can't seem to use it to narrow down your type. So... how'd you find this forum? What are your hobbies? What do you like about your hobbies? What are your friends like?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    You're a curious fellow, which seems like it should be type-related, but I can't seem to use it to narrow down your type. So... how'd you find this forum? What are your hobbies? What do you like about your hobbies? What are your friends like?
    I found this forum via a link from another forum. My hobbies include messing around on the internet, watching sports, listening to music, going to movies, eating, sometimes going to theme parks or sports events in person. I like that my hobbies are fun and exciting and pass the time so I'm not totally bored. I don't currently have any friends, really, but I'm always up for some. I have good relationships with my co-workers and get along with most people online, but I am not very good at being outgoing or meeting people.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Jam View Post
    I found this forum via a link from another forum. My hobbies include messing around on the internet, watching sports, listening to music, going to movies, eating, sometimes going to theme parks or sports events in person. I like that my hobbies are fun and exciting and pass the time so I'm not totally bored. I don't currently have any friends, really, but I'm always up for some. I have good relationships with my co-workers and get along with most people online, but I am not very good at being outgoing or meeting people.
    You could be an LII... maybe.

Do you like philosophy? Math? Weight lifting?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

You could be an LII... maybe.

Do you like philosophy? Math? Weight lifting?
    Hmmm..I dunno much about philosophy, but it doesn't sound very interesting. I hate math, and I'm not particularly fond of weight lifting, though I acknowledge it's a good tool for getting in better shape.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm..I dunno much about philosophy, but it doesn't sound very interesting. I hate math, and I'm not particularly fond of weight lifting, though I acknowledge it's a good tool for getting in better shape.
    Oh dear, I was hoping for a less normal answer.

Is there anything strange about you? What makes you different from other people?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops. I mean, what's my type?
    Your S type is Barnum Effect (or "forer effect")

Your E type is douchebag forum member trying to prove a point

The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also you are Gilly, Niffweed.... maybe Hitta, probably not though.

You could also be winterpark.

Some asshat.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Also you are Gilly, Niffweed.... maybe Hitta, probably not though.

You could also be winterpark.

Some asshat.
    that would be really lame.

how did you find out?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk who it is. Is it you?

1. The thread name is suspicious to me
    2. Diana posts 7 minutes after thread started with something sounding like an inside joke or "im in on shit" comment. She usually seems to be in cahoots with shenanigans. Niffweed seemed a likely candidate.
    3. Posts are extremely vague. Every part corrects the previous part, as forer effect examples go.
    4. Avatar is blank... nbd, but its more something a forum goer would choose and find funny than a newcomer
    5. Gilly mentioned the other day about doing stuff like this in some post i took note of.
    7. Gilly is forum owner. No one will discover him by IP address or however that shit works.
    6. Why would you ask what type you are if we dont know anything about you? A newcomer would tell us all about them or at least give VI in a thread like this.
    The end is nigh

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

idk who it is. Is it you?

1. The thread name is suspicious to me
    2. Diana posts 7 minutes after thread started with something sounding like an inside joke or "im in on shit" comment. She usually seems to be in cahoots with shenanigans. Niffweed seemed a likely candidate.
    3. Posts are extremely vague. Every part corrects the previous part, as forer effect examples go.
    4. Avatar is blank... nbd, but its more something a forum goer would choose and find funny than a newcomer
    5. Gilly mentioned the other day about doing stuff like this in some post i took note of.
    7. Gilly is forum owner. No one will discover him by IP address or however that shit works.
    6. Why would you ask what type you are if we dont know anything about you? A newcomer would tell us all about them or at least give VI in a thread like this.
    Has Mr ArchonAlarion ever thought about joining Interpol? It seems he is quite the detective!

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm ISTj? The Investigator!
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk i said it coulda been niff too.

I just listed all suspicious activities.

If you weren't in on it, then I apologize.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it's an interesting theory... it would perhaps be better not to jump to conclusions. I can see how someone legitimate could behave in this way as well. Let's see if we can get enough useful information to type him as something other than a "forer."

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay.
    The end is nigh

What the heck are you people talking about?

Oh dear, I was hoping for a less normal answer.

Is there anything strange about you? What makes you different from other people?
    Heh, sorry for being too normal for you. I think I tend to disagree with the majority opinion on a lot of things, for instance I don't usually like the most popular movies or music or the most successful sports teams (I usually root for the underdogs.) I didn't own a cell phone until 2007 when my mother got me one for my birthday, and I generally don't understand the people who act like they can't live without them. Along those lines, I have no interest in typing constant status updates via social networking sites or things like that. I have no desire to own some giant television or brag about the size of my television, I don't care that my computer is several years old, I don't get swept up in fad consumer or political movements. I very rarely hold grudges, and I don't play mind games. I'm a bottom-line kinda guy, I say what I mean and I don't set out to hurt or offend people, I'd rather people being having fun and enjoying themselves.

I'm sure there's other things that make me different from other people, but those are the things that came to mind.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sticking to my guns on this.

If you have any interest in finding your type you will detail your interests, hobbies, tastes, etc. and you will do a VI thread.

All these things you're listing about yourself are common phrases. In fact, it sounds like you are drawing them from some "How to forer" website.
    The end is nigh

Im sticking to my guns on this.

If you have any interest in finding your type you will detail your interests, hobbies, tastes, etc. and you will do a VI thread.

All these things you're listing about yourself are common phrases. In fact, it sounds like you are drawing them from some "How to forer" website.
    Obviously I have interest or I wouldn't have started the topic. I didn't know what to say because I don't know what the relevant information is to best determine this. I don't know what "VI thread" or "How to forer" means. If there are specific questions you want the answers to, then by all means ask them, rather than posting these strange comments which don't seem to be at all relevant. I admit my ignorance on the whole Socionics stuff , but I am attempting to learn and your comments appear very incoherent to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does not appear to be an alias for an existing member to me. If he is, it's likely someone that I haven't paid much attention to, which I find unlikely in this case.

Have you read any type descriptions, Blueberry Jam?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll see.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, sorry for being too normal for you. I think I tend to disagree with the majority opinion on a lot of things, for instance I don't usually like the most popular movies or music or the most successful sports teams (I usually root for the underdogs.) I didn't own a cell phone until 2007 when my mother got me one for my birthday, and I generally don't understand the people who act like they can't live without them. Along those lines, I have no interest in typing constant status updates via social networking sites or things like that. I have no desire to own some giant television or brag about the size of my television, I don't care that my computer is several years old, I don't get swept up in fad consumer or political movements. I very rarely hold grudges, and I don't play mind games. I'm a bottom-line kinda guy, I say what I mean and I don't set out to hurt or offend people, I'd rather people being having fun and enjoying themselves.

I'm sure there's other things that make me different from other people, but those are the things that came to mind.
    At this point, I can say that you're more likely LII than any other type. This statement was particularly useful:

I'd rather people being having fun and enjoying themselves.
    This is a decent description of Alpha Quadra. It pretty much limits your type to LII, ILE, SEI and ESE (unless you're repeating something that you picked up from someone else, but your writing seems too natural for this).

Besides that, your passive separation from public opinion is more natural for an LII than for the other Alpha types - ILEs will be more active in their separation (some go so far as to ridicule it), whereas SEIs and ESEs will be more agreeable to public opinion. You also show some disdain for in your listing of materially valuable things that you don't value.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I have interest or I wouldn't have started the topic. I didn't know what to say because I don't know what the relevant information is to best determine this. I don't know what "VI thread" or "How to forer" means. If there are specific questions you want the answers to, then by all means ask them, rather than posting these strange comments which don't seem to be at all relevant. I admit my ignorance on the whole Socionics stuff , but I am attempting to learn and your comments appear very incoherent to me.
    "VI" stands for "Visual Identification" - it's the controversial technique of determining a person's type from a photograph. Although it's commonly considered unreliable, everyone seems to be doing it.

"Forer" refers to this: Forer effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Forer Personality Test)

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to guess ISFp, because my first reaction was ISTp (and I'm usually wrong about that, and they are actually ISFp). And your name is blueberry Jam. That is clearly an ISFp name
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Hmmm..interesting. Well, I have taken two online Socionics tests, and I got two different results (as well as two different ways of lettering the types.) I didn't post those results first because I wanted to see what people's initial impressions would be if they asked me questions and I answered. But I didn't get much in the way of questions, so anyway..

The first online test I took said I am ISFj. The second one said SEE.

And yes, I chuckled that there's a type labeled "SEE" and even more so that there's another one that's "LIE." That one must be tough to live with.

Anyway, I don't remember for sure what sites those tests were on, and I don't know how reliable online tests are for this sort of thing, either. But maybe posting that can help narrow things down? Or not, I dunno.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do remind me a bit of my sister. She's either ESI or EII.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting way of writing considering your type is SEE-Se

Soooo...it's been a few years. Anybody come up with any new and interesting questions for me?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nobody ever forgets socionics....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

some blueberry jam
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo...it's been a few years. Anybody come up with any new and interesting questions for me?
    who are you?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics + life = hard
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    socionics + life = hard
    Indeed. Much easier if you don't take either all that seriously!

Blueberry Jam, your posts strike me as Alpha or Beta and probably irrational, but not likely SLE. That leaves ILE, SEI, and IEI. If that's you in your avatar, I like ILE for you.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually doing what ArchonAlarion badgered you for would be helpful, you have 13 posts which isn't much to go on, so short of giving us a big infodump I don't think there's a whole lot anyone can tell you...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you are alpha or gamma.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are Beta or Delta.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inari Love View Post
    This kinda off crap is starting to really effin piss me off...I have no idea what the heck anyone is saying or what the heck kind of answers i'm supposed to give. Also they have just been plain effin rude...RUDE! gosh, it's rediculous...in real life I'm cursing like a maniac right now...but i'm not on here because "who knows" ....so once someone knows how the HELL to effing type me let me the eff know!...sorry about the rant with a quote....BUT I was told to look at other people that were noobs and answer their questions ...um?....but it looks like you're having the same problem that i am...UNREAL!....
    You sound like a pissed off customer trying to get your money back or something.