Thread: Alpha Couples

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Couples

Story time! I want to hear about alpha couples you know. In addition to all the things a good story should have, I want to know specifically:

What brought them together?
    How does socionics work in their favor?
    If they were not alpha, that is if all non-socionic factors were held constant but their types were different, do you think they still would have a chance romantically?
    What lessons do you think the rest of us alphas can learn from them?
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-28-2009 at 06:20 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have some up here soon. It's actually quite a project.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-29-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I live in Delta-land and don't really know any Alpha couples well enough to describe their relationship. I know one ESE music teacher married to a probable LII banker with an ILE son (and two other untyped kids), and from what they've said it sounds like their home life is lively and full of laughter and jokes (in other words, awesome). But yeah, like I said, I don't really know them well enough to describe them beyond that.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I are pretty lighthearted most of the time but have serious discussions about weird theories. She's ESE and I'm LII so we're both rational types. From a practical standpoint, socionics gave us something to talk and ponder about while we were dating, and gave me more confidence that I was approaching the decision from a rationally sound point of view.

We seem to be reenforced emotionally by each other's attitudes, and everyone says we are a cute couple. We skipped the wedding thing and went straight to the courthouse when we felt we were ready to get hitched... I guess we're both pretty nonconventional. She listens to my financial advice and lets me make the big decisions, but I let her take care of the bills (though I step in to do it when she needs me to).

She is artistic, and also sells scentsy candles. I need a break from her extroverted stimulation at times. She is not adventure-prone and doesn't like to travel as much as I might like, but was willing to move a state over when I got a good-paying job. I usually let her buy things that I know will make her feel special, but I don't okay everything she asks for because that would make it less special (and too much stuff becomes a liability). She likes shopping with me, possibly because she feels better knowing I'll talk her out of buying useless stuff.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My wife and I are pretty lighthearted most of the time but have serious discussions about weird theories. She's ESE and I'm LII so we're both rational types. From a practical standpoint, socionics gave us something to talk and ponder about while we were dating, and gave me more confidence that I was approaching the decision from a rationally sound point of view.

We seem to be reenforced emotionally by each other's attitudes, and everyone says we are a cute couple. We skipped the wedding thing and went straight to the courthouse when we felt we were ready to get hitched... I guess we're both pretty nonconventional. She listens to my financial advice and lets me make the big decisions, but I let her take care of the bills (though I step in to do it when she needs me to).

She is artistic, and also sells scentsy candles. I need a break from her extroverted stimulation at times. She is not adventure-prone and doesn't like to travel as much as I might like, but was willing to move a state over when I got a good-paying job. I usually let her buy things that I know will make her feel special, but I don't okay everything she asks for because that would make it less special (and too much stuff becomes a liability). She likes shopping with me, possibly because she feels better knowing I'll talk her out of buying useless stuff.
    Awesome. How did you two meet? Who became interested in whom first?

I am secretly an incurable romantic and love these kinds of stories.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Awesome. How did you two meet? Who became interested in whom first?

I am secretly an incurable romantic and love these kinds of stories.
    I'm not sure there is much of a story... I became interested in her while she was dating my brother, not in the hopeless-infatuation sense but more like I was intrigued by her personality. She was nice, and easy to relate to, but had a sort of brassy boldness and common sense to her. I was already conversant with socionics, so I was curious as to whether she was a dual. My brother and I are not evidently compatible types, so I figured that if they were incompatible I might have a chance down the road at some point.

She got to be a part of the family, and one time my brother was unable to take her to see a movie at a friend's house so I took her instead. We had a lot of fun. I had a bit of a mutual crush on her friend at the time, but since she was an introverted type (and we didn't always seem to "get" each other -- SLI possibly?) I decided to wait a bit. Later, my brother lost interest in the relationship and I proposed to my (then-future) wife that she break up with my brother and go out with me instead, on the basis of the fact that we probably have more compatible personalities. She was struck by the contrast... I have more discipline and tend towards more intellectual humor.

It's kind of strange to tell the story... Socionics played a major role. We're very happy together now. We liked each other as friends before we became romantically involved, which I think is probably the best way to meet a dual.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ESE/SEI couple and an LII/SEI couple. The Alpha SF couple are just this big friendly ball of welcomeness.. rather too much Fe! They like having people over a lot, having easygoing get-togethers and such. I don't know too much about them actually, but they strike me as the most superficially happy couple I know. I can't imagine them ever arguing together about anything. lol

I went over to the LII/SEIs' place for dinner once, and they left us guests to entertain ourselves while they giggled over making the dinner together in the kitchen. lol Granted, they were just married..
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."