Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Met an ISTp! (finally)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Met an ISTp! (finally)

Seems super fun! I couldn't stop myself from talking non-stop though, which was kind of embarrassing. oh well.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure? Haven't you finally met an ISTp several other times?
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shoot...yeah I think you're right.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Seems super fun! I couldn't stop myself from talking non-stop though, which was kind of embarrassing. oh well.
    SLIs have that effect, don't they?

Don't worry! I'm sure your SLI was interested. Or at the very least, amused.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfp's are always non stop talking. but don't worry, it's usually very interesting what they have to say so it's easy to non stop listening to you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    SLIs have that effect, don't they?

Don't worry! I'm sure your SLI was interested. Or at the very least, amused.
    Awww, you guys. :wink:
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Awww, you guys. :wink:

Creepy-male

Socionics..... Collect all 16 types!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Socionics..... Collect all 16 types!
    Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    Last edited by Cyrano; 09-29-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    ISTp
    SLI

Creepy-male

Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Only they're all SLIs.

Hmm.

I approve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collect 16 ISTp's.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to locate even 1 of you guys? Lol! I think socionics action figures are a great idea though.

Creepy-male

Do you have any idea how hard it is to locate even 1 of you guys? Lol! I think socionics action figures are a great idea though.
    I love this idea also

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now starting to second-guess the type. I know a lot of ISTjs mistype as ISTps...

I know all about the differences in theory, but I suppose I just assumed since he said he was ISTp, that he was. I'm now wondering if he could be ISTj...

When I described Si, as being comfort-focused, he didn't immediately agree w/ that. Though did agree w/ the Te description. I'm also not sure if he was blank enough. ISTps are suppose to look very blank right? He's also scheduled things in advance. He seems slightly more status focused than me...like picked to live in a really nice building...though I dunno if that was for Si-type comfort or not. ISTjs have a slight gleam in their eye right? He might have that.

In favor of ISTp, I described an ENFj as far as how they want an emotional reaction, and he said he wouldn't like that. He does some extreme sports.

I wish there was a definite way to know. sigh. I guess time will tell but I just hate how I'm often wrong about identifying ISTps...it's seriously the one type I can't seem to spot.

Creepy-male

When I described Si, as being comfort-focused, he didn't immediately agree w/ that. Though did agree w/ the Te description. I'm also not sure if he was blank enough. ISTps are suppose to look very blank right? He's also scheduled things in advance. He seems slightly more status focused than me...like picked to live in a really nice building...though I dunno if that was for Si-type comfort or not. ISTjs have a slight gleam in their eye right? He might have that.
    What does this fellow think Si is? As for blank ISTps, not always true. Were you making him laugh? Was he SLIsmirking at you? These are normal responses to the IEE tidal force.

The thing to watch out for is if the scheduled things are "locked in" and he's more than disappointed if you pull out. Irrationals can plan things, but drop them if "I don't feel like it".

In favor of ISTp, I described an ENFj as far as how they want an emotional reaction, and he said he wouldn't like that.
    People often don't like their duals "in theory".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now starting to second-guess the type. I know a lot of ISTjs mistype as ISTps...

I know all about the differences in theory, but I suppose I just assumed since he said he was ISTp, that he was. I'm now wondering if he could be ISTj...

In favor of ISTp, I described an ENFj as far as how they want an emotional reaction, and he said he wouldn't like that. He does some extreme sports.

I wish there was a definite way to know. sigh. I guess time will tell but I just hate how I'm often wrong about identifying ISTps...it's seriously the one type I can't seem to spot.
    The ISTjs that I know love their structure. Rules are important. Less so for the ISTps. We see rules as an impediment, or at best a necessary evil.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this fellow think Si is? As for blank ISTps, not always true. Were you making him laugh? Was he SLIsmirking at you? These are normal responses to the IEE tidal force.

The thing to watch out for is if the scheduled things are "locked in" and he's more than disappointed if you pull out. Irrationals can plan things, but drop them if "I don't feel like it".

People often don't like their duals "in theory".
    I said something about Si being about making a comfortable environment. Hard to tell about the scheduling...seems like the times are somewhat necessary. We were both late to one event though...hmm. He did confirm the day before too, which could indicate the irrational thing.

And I agree about duals in theory, which is why I didn't put much stock in that.

Apparently I just enjoy dissecting and over analyzing things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ISTjs that I know love their structure. Rules are important. Less so for the ISTps. We see rules as an impediment, or at best a necessary evil.
    hmm interesting. I'm not sure anything rule-like as come up so far. But that's good to keep in mind.

The only thing I know for sure is, ISTjs tend to openly disagree with me a lot. But he could have just been being polite.

I'm going to think ISTp for now and then we'll see. Amazing how bad I am at typing ISTps!! All the other types are so much easier.

Creepy-Cyclops

lol, it's funny when I read ENFp's saying things like, "ISTp's often don't seem friendly enough", or even, "they seem angry", then when this guy's not blank enough that give cause for conern also!

Don't believe in the hype, believe in the man, lol.

Remember to invite us all to the wedding, i'll go if you pay for my flight ticket, ha ;-D

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm interesting. I'm not sure anything rule-like as come up so far. But that's good to keep in mind.

The only thing I know for sure is, ISTjs tend to openly disagree with me a lot. But he could have just been being polite.

I'm going to think ISTp for now and then we'll see. Amazing how bad I am at typing ISTps!! All the other types are so much easier.
    There is a definite way to know, your just particularly bad at it because you lack knowledge in socionics theory. You need to go and study, learn what the functions really are, instead of vague stereotypes

None of what you posted would either disqualify or qualify him as an SLI.

A slight gleam in his eyes? Come on, lol!

At this rate, your never going to find your duals.

As a rule of thumb, you should not take peoples self typings seriously.

People think their this n that, rarely have I found a self typed person who has done it correctly.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    There is a definite way to know, your just particularly bad at it because you lack knowledge in socionics theory. You need to go and study, learn what the functions really are, instead of vague stereotypes

None of what you posted would either disqualify or qualify him as an SLI.

A slight gleam in his eyes? Come on, lol!

At this rate, your never going to find your duals.

As a rule of thumb, you should not take peoples self typings seriously.

People think their this n that, rarely have I found a self typed person who has done it correctly.
    Sounds like you're having a bad day, as that came across as pretty mean. I doubt your own self typing, as you seem pretty harsh for a IEE!

But, he ended up being a SLI Te subtype! Which is pretty much perfect

Creepy-male

I doubt your own self typing, as you seem pretty harsh for a IEE!

So you think you're Fi sub?

The Te sub for SLIs seems a little more exciting from reading descriptions, but from experience, I think I get on a little better with the Si sub. Assuming Te sub means "randomly gets really cranky" and Si sub means "iceberg++", I'd know two of both subtypes.

Hmmm...

Visual identification time!

SLI-Si

SLI-Te

Notice the central features of each subtype: SLI-Si is cuddly and totally harmless. The SLI-Te looks more cuddly, but watch out!! They can be really dangerous!

Bonus panda lolcat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUh5nq0-ZKE]YouTube - Shellder wants to say hello[/ame]
    (SLI-Si, if you believe Isha)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGeI_ZyFgdw]YouTube - Psyduck and Slowpoke[/ame]
    (SLI-Si and IEE-Ne communicating. Note that I didn't say "attempting" communication.)

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you're having a bad day, as that came across as pretty mean. I doubt your own self typing, as you seem pretty harsh for a IEE!

Is it my harshness or your sensitivity?

I just really don't want to sugarcoat. Perpetuating stereotypes like the one you listed are toxic to learning the material, which is part of the reason there are so many flagrant mistypings flying around and IEE's(such as yourself) are having so much trouble with their duals

Also, if you doubt my typing, would you please provide more rationale then succumbing me to another, IEE, stereotype?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-male

I just really don't want to sugarcoat. Perpetuating stereotypes like the one you listed are toxic to learning the material, which is part of the reason there are so many flagrant mistypings flying around, and IEE's(such as yourself) are having so much trouble with their duals.

Also, if you doubt my typing, would you please provide more rationale then succumbing me to another, IEE, stereotype?
    Awww, you're going to make jewels have to retype LIE if another of her jokes doesn't go over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just really don't want to sugarcoat. Perpetuating stereotypes like the one you listed are toxic to learning the material, which is part of the reason there are so many flagrant mistypings flying around and IEE's(such as yourself) are having so much trouble with their duals

Your reaction points to ENTp for you. And my reaction to you as well. You're also seeking "logic" from me the way an ENTp would. Here is some Fe to make you feel better yay!!! *happy dance*. (that wasn't sarcastic...I was trying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think you're Fi sub?

The Te sub for SLIs seems a little more exciting from reading descriptions, but from experience, I think I get on a little better with the Si sub. Assuming Te sub means "randomly gets really cranky" and Si sub means "iceberg++", I'd know two of both subtypes.

Hmmm...

Visual identification time!
    Yeah I'm most def the Fi sub . I wonder if you're Ne if you prefer the Si sub? Didn't people think you were an ENTp at one point too? So maybe you're just "super Ne" or something?

Actually I think that whichever dual subtype you match with better isn't "cranky" from your perspective as much as the other one would be. I think Si ones are definitely more chill, but the Te have more of an edge or something. But it's like, an edge that doesn't bother me for some reason. Probably because they're so blunt, so I can be the same way back and then there really is no room for mis-communication.

Your VI of the fuzzy animals there was excellent! LOL. And good underlying points too. Though I still don't think the Te ones are dangerous.

Creepy-male

Yeah I'm most def the Fi sub . I wonder if you're Ne if you prefer the Si sub? Didn't people think you were an ENTp at one point too? So maybe you're just "super Ne" or something?
    Yeah, I think I'm definitely Ne sub, especially compared to my other IEE schoolfriends. Isha pointed out that Ne/Si dominate my personality to the degree where other aspects aren't really distinct (although, curiously, she sees herself as being more outwardly Te/Fi and yet Si sub; somehow I'd rather frame it as more obvious Introversion. Also, I can't remember her exact words, so no accurate information for you!)

Actually I think that whichever dual subtype you match with better isn't "cranky" from your perspective as much as the other one would be. I think Si ones are definitely more chill, but the Te have more of an edge or something. But it's like, an edge that doesn't bother me for some reason. Probably because they're so blunt, so I can be the same way back and then there really is no room for mis-communication.

Your VI of the fuzzy animals there was excellent! LOL. And good underlying points too. Though I still don't think the Te ones are dangerous.
    In what ways could you see Si subs as cranky? One of my friends is in the cadets, and even when he was fuming about inept subordinates or something, he didn't strike me as being as outwardly emotional about it as, say, my design'n'tech teacher getting mad at the class for being late with their design plans. (SLI-Si and SLI-Te respectively, I think.)

Though, I think duality is still intact across subtypes. I'm still an IEE, so SLIscowl tends to slide off me (even though I prefer the Si subs' "vibes"). I haven't interacted closely with either of the Te subs I know, though, so I can't really comment further.

But yeah, Te subs aren't dangerous. They're like LIIs... it can be cute when they get angry

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reaction points to ENTp for you. And my reaction to you as well. You're also seeking "logic" from me the way an ENTp would. Here is some Fe to make you feel better yay!!! *happy dance*. (that wasn't sarcastic...I was trying
    What?

Okay, so because I think your claims are silly, and want you to back it up with evidence, you consider me an ENTp? By those standards, almost everyone here is an ENTp. Actually, by those standards, anyone considered SANE is an ENTp.

Seeking logic isn't exclusive to ENTps, neither is how I reacted to your comments.

I refuse to be charmed by your shenanigans!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can you read up more on the subtypes besides the ones on wikisocion? I find myself having a hard time deciding between Te and Si.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Where can you read up more on the subtypes besides the ones on wikisocion? I find myself having a hard time deciding between Te and Si.
    I only know about the wiki ones. A while back didn't you think you might be the Te one? I could totally see you being the Te sub. Of course, you would know yourself way better, obviously!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think I'm definitely Ne sub, especially compared to my other IEE schoolfriends. Isha pointed out that Ne/Si dominate my personality to the degree where other aspects aren't really distinct (although, curiously, she sees herself as being more outwardly Te/Fi and yet Si sub; somehow I'd rather frame it as more obvious Introversion. Also, I can't remember her exact words, so no accurate information for you!)

In what ways could you see Si subs as cranky? One of my friends is in the cadets, and even when he was fuming about inept subordinates or something, he didn't strike me as being as outwardly emotional about it as, say, my design'n'tech teacher getting mad at the class for being late with their design plans. (SLI-Si and SLI-Te respectively, I think.)

Though, I think duality is still intact across subtypes. I'm still an IEE, so SLIscowl tends to slide off me (even though I prefer the Si subs' "vibes"). I haven't interacted closely with either of the Te subs I know, though, so I can't really comment further.

But yeah, Te subs aren't dangerous. They're like LIIs... it can be cute when they get angry
    Interesting! Well, I wouldn't say I see the Si subs as "cranky" -- I mean of course I think they're awesome being Istps and all! It's more that the Te ones are a little bit more business-like or blunt or something, and I like that. It's almost like, the Si ones are so chill that I might bulldoze over them occassionally (they'd probably not even notice), but I want someone to react to me I guess and stand up to me if I'm getting slightly out of line. Sounds strange I guess.

I guess it's because I can be blunt also. I'd almost rather see some reaction I guess, even if it's slightly bad, as a teensy bit of conflict doesn't bother me, as I'd rather know how someone actually feels/thinks. I like people who can handle me saying random things w/o thinking I'm mean. And the Te ones I think take what I say w/ a grain of salt w/ thinking I'm being mean just because I'm ranting about something/someone.

But really, who knows.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are being arrogant, because instead of showing her what exactly is wrong in her way of thinking, you resort to simply judging her knowledge of socionics in a way that is not informative and necessary. You also expect her to provide a rationale for the type she is pegging you as, while ironically, you don't provide the rationale of why you know more about socionics than she does.

There's a difference between not sugarcoating something, and being mean. Just saying that she needs to read up more on socionics because you believe she does not understand it in some way would have been enough.

Creepy-male

Interesting! Well, I wouldn't say I see the Si subs as "cranky" -- I mean of course I think they're awesome being Istps and all! It's more that the Te ones are a little bit more business-like or blunt or something, and I like that. It's almost like, the Si ones are so chill that I might bulldoze over them occassionally (they'd probably not even notice), but I want someone to react to me I guess and stand up to me if I'm getting slightly out of line. Sounds strange I guess.
    Hmm. I can see how this is analogous to how I enjoy being vibrantly crazy, and having that responded to (hence why I enjoy hanging out with other Ne types). Case-in-point, the chat logs I frequently post. That said, it's not necessarily pleasant or easy for me to deal with emotional exchanges, and I've definitely got into fights with the SLI-Te friend I just remembered existed (seriously... I know so many I can't even keep count) more frequently/for longer periods than my Si sub friends. He's still responsive to the crazyface, but interestingly, will actively try to draw it out of me at times.

I think the conclusion we can draw from this is that Gul is just incredibly self-centered and likes having an audience. Si sub wins!

But really, who knows.
    Five! FIVE!!!

EDIT

I think for me as well, needing to know what someone else really thinks/feels about whatever is less of an issue. Partly because I suppose I'm less focused on alignments and sentiments and boring crap like that (no offence ), and partly also because I can be quite arrogant about "knowing" what someone else thinks once my Ne gets rolling. I think it can be down to a person's mood and how I express that habit as to how they receive it.
    Last edited by male; 10-06-2009 at 06:43 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

Pirate and jewels, please don't fight, didn't you know that you are two of my favourite posters? I couldn't handle the anguish of the cats being swung at each other around the room!!!!

Make haste to make up (or hay) not war!!

Or infact...fight!!! It would be interesting to see two ENFp's lock horns ;-P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Pirate and jewels, please don't fight, didn't you know that you are two of my favourite posters? I couldn't handle the anguish of the cats being swung at each other around the room!!!!

Make haste to make up (or hay) not war!!

Or infact...fight!!! It would be interesting to see two ENFp's lock horns ;-P
    LOL aww . I don't hate the Pirate. It's all good! I don't think I've ever fought w/ an ENFp in real life. I think we'd all be like "You suck!! You suck too! Oh, wait. Sorry, I didn't hurt your feelings did I? I feel bad. I feel bad too! sorry, etc."

Cyclops are you ENTp now? Or are you INTj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is kind of fascinating, as far as how you're matching up the sub types! I definitely don't like being "zany" for too long of a stretch. And I really don't mind dealing w/ emotional stuff, so long as they aren't being a jerk about it. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to clear something up. So yes that makes perfect sense to me.

I think you summed that all up nicely! And we are all incredibly self-centered in our own ways, lol. Luckily I think the ISTps enjoy being your audience!

So it makes me wonder...you know how there is that thing w/ some ISTps being mean to "test" people's feelings? I'm guessing the Te ones would do that more than the Si ones, based on all of this. You think?

Hmm. I can see how this is analogous to how I enjoy being vibrantly crazy, and having that responded to (hence why I enjoy hanging out with other Ne types). Case-in-point, the chat logs I frequently post. That said, it's not necessarily pleasant or easy for me to deal with emotional exchanges, and I've definitely got into fights with the SLI-Te friend I just remembered existed (seriously... I know so many I can't even keep count) more frequently/for longer periods than my Si sub friends. He's still responsive to the crazyface, but interestingly, will actively try to draw it out of me at times.

I think the conclusion we can draw from this is that Gul is just incredibly self-centered and likes having an audience. Si sub wins!

Five! FIVE!!!

EDIT

I think for me as well, needing to know what someone else really thinks/feels about whatever is less of an issue. Partly because I suppose I'm less focused on alignments and sentiments and boring crap like that (no offence ), and partly also because I can be quite arrogant about "knowing" what someone else thinks once my Ne gets rolling. I think it can be down to a person's mood and how I express that habit as to how they receive it.

Creepy-male

I think you summed that all up nicely! And we are all incredibly self-centered in our own ways, lol. Luckily I think the ISTps enjoy being your audience!
    I think so too.

Totally random tangent, but: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_Circumplex]Interpersonal Circumplex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] <- BG brought this up a while ago. What's interesting is that "high agency" (dominant or extravert types) naturally complement "low agency" types, while "high communion" types (caring and sharing and mushy stuff like that :redface: ) do best with other "high communion" types. I think this is basically what happens in every dual pair.

So it makes me wonder...you know how there is that thing w/ some ISTps being mean to "test" people's feelings? I'm guessing the Te ones would do that more than the Si ones, based on all of this. You think?
    I don't recall ever having ever experienced this, actually. I think Te subs, especially compared to the Si subs, are just more expressive. If a Te sub is cranky with you, you'll cop it (hmm, I think "bark" is a good word for what I'm thinking of), but if a Si sub is mad, they'll tell you (in SLI flatspeak, of course) "I'm really pissed off at ___" or "I really hate that."

In general, though, I think the Si subs will just be milder. And one of the Te subs I know always looks cranky anyway, soooooo

While I'm on the topic of SLI expressions, isn't it just the best thing in the world when they laugh?

Creepy-Cyclops

LOL aww . I don't hate the Pirate. It's all good! I don't think I've ever fought w/ an ENFp in real life. I think we'd all be like "You suck!! You suck too! Oh, wait. Sorry, I didn't hurt your feelings did I? I feel bad. I feel bad too! sorry, etc."
    hahahahaha. I can see this!
    Cyclops are you ENTp now? Or are you INTj?
    I've pretty much made a decision on ze type of I (or eye given my forum name), oh wait ....... you want an answer, hmmmmmmmmm ;-p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update: socionics works

It's going really well, but now I'm freaked out that our subtypes might not match. I'm definitely Fi and I think he may actually be Si. I'm concerned I may start to annoy him, as I do have tons of Fi. But still, so far so good .
    Last edited by jewels; 10-11-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think the subtypes matter as much as I thought. After 2 weeks we became exclusive. And we just had a mini-fight that he resolved in like two minutes lol . I'm now going to be even more of a socionics evangelist haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update: socionics works

It's going really well, but now I'm freaked out that our subtypes might not match. I'm definitely Fi and I think he may actually be Si. I'm concerned I may start to annoy him, as I do have tons of Fi. But still, so far so good .
    Your sub-types don't match? You're ENFP! I'd be surprised if your socks matched.

Just go with it.
    ISTp
    SLI

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast