Thread: Quadra distribution

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra distribution

We've probably already had threads about the distribution of types, whether they are even or some types are more common than others etc.

I'm curious whether in your opinion, there is a difference in the distribution of quadra's.

I arrived at this idea because it seems (but I might be biased) that I don't encounter a lot of gamma's.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I don't come across enough Alpha SFs. I think that a certain amount of perception on this will be biased because it can be influenced based on what sorts of activities that we each usually participate in and on what sorts of places we normally frequent, etc.
    yeah there's a weird divide in alphas. I used to know alot of alpha NTs but after school I think those that didn't end up with SFs kind of drift off into a world full of alpha NTs while us SFs drifted off into a world of alpha SFs. I'm surrounded by ESFjs and ISFps now in my circle of friends, but alpha NTs seem to live in a non-intersecting world IRL. Also the alpha SFs tend to not even consider people from the alpha NT world as viable romantic relationships (I imagine it's the same for the NTs)

we need a socionics revolution to get the proper alphas together so we can all be happy like we're supposed to be

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a quadrillion Alpha SFs. They're everywhere! Maybe you all need to move to Michigan or something.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-bg

yeah I realized that I'm maybe talking for myself... I do live a pretty isolated life atm without a job.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the picture could get more clear if we made a top 4 list of quadra distribution, from most common to least common.

In my opinion:

Delta
    Beta
    Alfa
    Gamma

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally am not sure of the exact quadra distribution because I have no accurate way of measuring this kind of thing, but there is one thing I know: the quadra that is the least common is whichever quadra I choose to associate with or am assigned to at that moment.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    yeah there's a weird divide in alphas. I used to know alot of alpha NTs but after school I think those that didn't end up with SFs kind of drift off into a world full of alpha NTs while us SFs drifted off into a world of alpha SFs. I'm surrounded by ESFjs and ISFps now in my circle of friends, but alpha NTs seem to live in a non-intersecting world IRL. Also the alpha SFs tend to not even consider people from the alpha NT world as viable romantic relationships (I imagine it's the same for the NTs)
    that's a pretty true observation. even so, my ideal woman is still the shy-to-the-point-of-ridiculous isfp girl in the corner of the room that makes crafts and paints as a hobby.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Maybe the picture could get more clear if we made a top 4 list of quadra distribution, from most common to least common.

In my opinion:

Delta
    Beta
    Alfa
    Gamma
    the only actual study that i've found was on Lytov's site, where all dual pairs came out pretty evenly distributed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    that's a pretty true observation. even so, my ideal woman is still the shy-to-the-point-of-ridiculous isfp girl in the corner of the room that makes crafts and paints as a hobby.
    I know an SEI like that. She collects stuffed animals and sugar packets. She married an LSI though
    I know another SEI that is with an SLE, but I DO know an ILE/ESE pair.

Oh I just realized I know an SEI/ILE couple that got married a few months ago. Things work out sometimes.

But yea I have noticed that the SFs don't consider the NTs viable partners in alpha. I see it every once in a while, but not often. I've been rejected several times by many different ESE/SEIs, and I know many alpha couples that were together for years, but broke up after high school.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-28-2009 at 02:47 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post

me too!
    The end is nigh

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally am not sure of the exact quadra distribution because I have no accurate way of measuring this kind of thing, but there is one thing I know: the quadra that is the least common is whichever quadra I choose to associate with or am assigned to at that moment.
    Truth. Probably because I mis-identify what beta actually is. Or because SLEs tend to be jocks in high school, and I hung out with exactly 0 jocks in high school. I know a few maybe-betas now. Still, the distribution is probably about even. Right now I can think of quite a few people at my college in each quadra. Shrug. Feeling like there are very few people of your quadra values in your area is usually a result of

1) The fact that we never feel that there's enough of what we need and always feel that there's too much of what harms us, and
    2) The fact that while "in my quadra" technically means "shares certain socionics values with me that in themselves are no guarantee of friendship/mad passionate babymaking," around here (myself included, if I count as "around here") it also means "is the sort of person I would like to be friends with," which carries a whole other set of baggage and assumptions with it.

I know I often feel like there are not enough betas around me, but what I (unconsciously) mean by that is actually, "there aren't enough people around here that I really want to be friends with and who seem receptive to being good friends with me." That's not necessarily socionics related.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my world there's an over-abundance of deltas and alphas with a few gammas and betas here and there.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Still, the distribution is probably about even. Right now I can think of quite a few people at my college in each quadra. Shrug. Feeling like there are very few people of your quadra values in your area is usually a result of

1) The fact that we never feel that there's enough of what we need and always feel that there's too much of what harms us, and
    Yes
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post

we need a socionics revolution to get the proper alphas together so we can all be happy like we're supposed to be

yeah. what's up w that? why do we do that?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Maybe we should all just switch lives. I know a zillion gammas ('cause they all met and married their duals!) Next highest are betas, next are alphas, and at a measly last place are deltas.
    IEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to see tons of deltas, and many betas. Next alphas(mostly SFs), and lastly very few gammas. I guess all the gammas are busy making big money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think quadra distribution is more regional than anything else. i live in wyoming, which i think is somewhat of a gamma state-- which basically means our public infrastructure is falling to shit while giant corporations scrub us of any natural resources(the state makes a lot of money from this, but i don't think it is reinvested soundly, since we don't have state income tax, i guess this money makes up for it, and the citizen benefits?) and provide very few good jobs(most higher up jobs are out of state jobs). anyway, that's not important. i also live in a college town. so i think i see a pretty good mix of quadras at the university- with possibly less betas than other types.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice fewer Deltas and to some extent Alphas than Betas or Gammas, but it's probably just because they don't stand out to me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although... The town that my son's dad lives it seems to be 80% Deltas.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it's pretty even in terms of region, although I think my city is really high on the Se, both Beta and Gamma.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Here it's pretty even in terms of region, although I think my city is really high on the Se, both Beta and Gamma.
    i also believe in countries inherently having some quadra values, and i usually think of Se and italy. Te for U.S./U.K. Se for arab countries, etc.
    asd

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In my opinion:

Delta
    Beta
    Alfa
    Gamma
    We've probably already had threads about the distribution of types, whether they are even or some types are more common than others etc.

I'm curious whether in your opinion, there is a difference in the distribution of quadra's.

I arrived at this idea because it seems (but I might be biased) that I don't encounter a lot of gamma's.
    Personally, I tend to know more alphas and deltas and less betas and gammas but that could just be a regional thing or that I'm more comfortable interacting with alpha/delta.

In reality, I think the quadra distribution is pretty close to 25% of each.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    i also believe in countries inherently having some quadra values, and i usually think of Se and italy. Te for U.S./U.K. Se for arab countries, etc.
    Ti for Japan? Or Ti + Se?
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Ti for Japan? Or Ti + Se?
    no, Ne and Ti. Se and Ti for China
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Japanese language itself is extremely Ti + Se, in any case. Everyone has to be addressed according to their correct relationship to the speaker. Leaving off one's title is done only in very close relationships or by very "rude" people.
    SEE

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like gamma to me... Se + Ti implies beta, and what you describe doesn't really fit with my concept of beta. Maybe the concept's wrong. Anyway, sounds more Se + Fi to me. Anyway, the discrepancy between an (arguably) Se + Ti language and a more Ne + Ti culture (I totally agree with the Ne part, btw) could be the result of cultural change; that is, the linguistic conventions haven't kept up with the societal changes. Although I think of the whole "proper relationship" epithets as a behavioral custom more than anything else. In any case, cultures in which certain aspects of the culture (language, religion, etc.) differ in socionical emphasis from the rest of the culture could provide an interesting avenue of study.

Also, I agree with whoever identified Italy with Se. I associate the whole Italian culture (stereotype?) with beta.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or we could do it like this:
    EJ
    IJ/ EP
    IP

With EJ being the most common temperament and IP the least common.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Sounds more like gamma to me... Se + Ti implies beta, and what you describe doesn't really fit with my concept of beta. Maybe the concept's wrong. Anyway, sounds more Se + Fi to me. Anyway, the discrepancy between an (arguably) Se + Ti language and a more Ne + Ti culture (I totally agree with the Ne part, btw) could be the result of cultural change; that is, the linguistic conventions haven't kept up with the societal changes. Although I think of the whole "proper relationship" epithets as a behavioral custom more than anything else. In any case, cultures in which certain aspects of the culture (language, religion, etc.) differ in socionical emphasis from the rest of the culture could provide an interesting avenue of study.

Also, I agree with whoever identified Italy with Se. I associate the whole Italian culture (stereotype?) with beta.
    It's not Fi. Fi would be "I like you". Ti would be "You are my senpai". Their system of honorifics is unquestionably Ti (whether their country/culture is not not).
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting. Also temperament is related to climate. When temperature goes up, also spirits are more impulsive, looking for trouble. That would be one explanation for "la sangre caliente", that people in the Latin community are known for. Of course, not all people are like that, but that way of life is more valued there and even approved and encouraged. In contrast, people who live in cold regions,are more contemplative, melancholical because of the constant rainy weather and thrifty as they think ahead about those long and harsh winters they have to endure. (Think about London, where rain never stops).