Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Dualizing Yourself

Okay so I have this theory that you can dualize yourself, with the right balance between self-reflection and getting how other people see you, and being aware of how you're coming across to others, you can dualize yourself, of course it's more stress put on you and probably easier and more natural for dual relations to happen with two people but..... hear me out, I think it can work. Somebody once said that celebrities of the types, I mean healthy ones that like themselves, they've all pretty much dualized themselves. Look at Marilyn Manson when he performs, its like an IEI evolving into an SLE (to me anyway).

It like requires you to be more 'awake' at all times you know which can be....exhausting in a way.

Creepy-bg

I like to "dualize" with myself using my right hand :wink:

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol. I use my left, cuz I'm left-handed.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, it could work. I'm skeptical that could be done without a dual's help in the first place, so it would mostly be a way to cope with the loss of your dual. Actually not a bad idea...

Well wait... without outside help (and I mean at the time), you'd have to rely on your ego functions to emulate your superid functions. This is necessary for legitimately taking on your dual's abilities - just acting like your dual can be mere mimicry, which has the effect of internalizing what you've gained from your dual and making it more effective. Nice, but it isn't the same as dualizing yourself.

Going by (my tweaked version of) Pinocchio's model of the functions, no NF, ST, static type or dynamic type can dualize himself... drat. It can't be done.

EDIT: Wait... there is someone... Awesome!

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well er I don't really mean by yourself completely, like I said it would require A LOT of feedback from others, truly, but I meant kind of basic psychological feedback not necessarily in a socionics way. (I hope that makes sense)

Even though being psychologically awake is probably more important, ego dream-sleep probably makes others want to cover up for your weaknesses better too so I'm not sure. Again you'd still need other people, probably more than you ever did in your life. It's just this iffy theory that I have, kinda sketchy but I think it could work, it's just not all that 'ideal.'

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well er I don't really mean by yourself completely, like I said it would require A LOT of feedback from others, truly, but I meant kind of basic psychological feedback not necessarily in a socionics way. (I hope that makes sense)

Even though being psychologically awake is probably more important, ego dream-sleep probably makes others want to cover up for your weaknesses better too so I'm not sure. Again you'd still need other people, probably more than you ever did in your life. It's just this iffy theory that I have, kinda sketchy but I think it could work, it's just not all that 'ideal.'
    Hmm... that's intriguing, but I think that any theory of self-dualization would require input in the form of your dual's two ego functions (maybe benefactor and beneficiary, worst-case), and might still be precarious due to them trying to change you (actual past dualization would help greatly against this).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mainly agree. No one's an island of course, and I think that if someone did dualize themselves they would sort of be beyond "normal" human experience (a transcendent state)... but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.