Thread: Si and the Seasons

Creepy-male

Default Si and the Seasons

So it hit me, I was considering what the idea of was... I read up on and found this....

Quote Originally Posted by Introverted Sensing
    Recalling past experiences, remembering detailed data and what it is linked to. Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current stimulation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences and one registers that there is a similarity or a difference - for example, noticing that some food doesn't taste the same and is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when you see someone who reminds you of someone else. Sometimes the feeling-tone associated with the recalled image comes into your awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, your body responds as if reliving the experience. This could be seen as a source of feelings of nostalgia or longing for the way things were. In one instance, a young couple living in Europe spent their weekends trying out restaurants looking for food that tasted like American food.
    The striking thing is this always happens to me with the seasons and the weather.... immediately when I feel it getting cooler and more brisk in fall, immediately it inspires a sense of nostalgia in me and I feel like I am reliving every fall in the past over again and nostalgic thoughts and feelings flood in... it happens near the change of every season.

Would this phenonmenom be me experiencing directly? And has anyone else every gotten this?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    The striking thing is this always happens to me with the seasons and the weather.... immediately when I feel it getting cooler and more brisk in fall, immediately it inspires a sense of nostalgia in me and I feel like I am reliving every fall in the past over again and nostalgic thoughts and feelings flood in... it happens near the change of every season.
    That sounds like Ni, actually. One thing that you'll notice Ni users doing is lingering on events when they recount stories, I understand because having strong Ni gives them a great many impressions about the situation. Similarly, Ne bases can make connections and associations rapidly and easily, and Fe bases will always have some strong emotional impression about every tiny event in their day/life.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that can happen to me, too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, that can happen to me, too.
    interesting, what I would be fascinating is if there are some people that haven't really experienced this or only mildly.... that would imply that there is a distinction here and that jungian functions are at play.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    That sounds like Ni, actually. One thing that you'll notice Ni users doing is lingering on events when they recount stories, I understand because having strong Ni gives them a great many impressions about the situation. Similarly, Ne bases can make connections and associations rapidly and easily, and Fe bases will always have some strong emotional impression about every tiny event in their day/life.
    It does but I think thats because its easy to confuse Ni and Si, both are about a strecth in time and linking events, and about a more internal/subjective perception of things, due the fact they are both introverted perceptual functions.

I think the smoking gun distinction between the two is that intuition is based around abstraction and sensing around sensation. In what is being connected over time is the sensation you've experienced. In what is being connected is more abstract in nature and not just a matter of sensation.

A good measure to tell the difference between the two is to consider past and future. is more attuned to the past since is about sensation. You experience a sensation and it is immediately linked together to all similar sensations of the past, producing a deja-vu, nostalgic experience. on the other hand is more attuned to the future since is about abstraction. You experience a hunch about how the events of something have been evolving and you develop an intuition of where something is heading. isn't about the future though because you can't "Sense" the future you can only sense what is now and what has been.... the future is the realm of abstraction and imagination.
    Last edited by male; 09-26-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have these sensations and reflections. It seems naturally human.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ollobollo View Post
    I think you're spot on, HaveLucidDreamz. I have strong sensations like these and attribute them to . Of course, everyone experiences this in one form or another, so I've been wondering how it feels like for others in comparison, for example -PoLR types.
    AND
    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I have these sensations and reflections. It seems naturally human.

Well first of course its human.... all Jungian Functions are part of anyones personality....

My interest is in identifying how this all works with Model A.... everyone will experience this, but my guess is that some people are more in tune with this than others.

I know for example I have little ... that doesn't mean I am unaware completely of my surroundings.... what I think it means is that I tend to just kind of zone off and ignore the immediate events that are unfolding in front of me, I've noticed that this happens especially in familiar places.... when I drive to my apartment complex, alot of the scenary that a person at first glance would be impressed by seems boring and instead of taking in this sensation at each chance like a first time observer I cut it out and focus more on what inside my head at the time... ocassionally when I take my focus out of my head and look around I am amazed at all the things I have been ignoring around me, but regardless of this I still end up being sucked into the realm of my thoughts because it draws me in so much... is only really triggered for me in full intensity when things get exciting, new, or novel.

You could apply this similar idea to people with weak and expect them to simply be unaware or not in touch with these nostalgic perceptions, but still ultimately experience them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it hit me, I was considering what the idea of was... I read up on and found this....

Would this phenonmenom be me experiencing directly? And has anyone else every gotten this?

i experience this as well. is it Si related though? i always thought everyone felt that way, and esp in the fall.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i experience this as well. is it Si related though? i always thought everyone felt that way, and esp in the fall.
    Yea, I dunno.... the thing is I've never heard anyone say this directly before.... but from the posts on here it seems like this could be some sort of almost universal phenomenon or something. What makes it even more fascinating is the whole cosmic concept of the seasons and the concept of life and evolution.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I dunno.... the thing is I've never heard anyone say this directly before.... but from the posts on here it seems like this could be some sort of almost universal phenomenon or something. What makes it even more fascinating is the whole cosmic concept of the seasons and the concept of life and evolution.
    yeah...what does it all mean, all of us spinning on this clear blue green marble called earth? lol

seriously though , yeah. we're connected to our environment, but we are so in our heads we can't even really grasp it. ducks and geese are better off. they "know" to fly south and "where" to fly to.

ILE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there are two possible feelings in this spoken of generality. There is the Si, recalling past experiences in reality, reminiscence of events embedded in the seasons, much in detail even, and then the Ni, finding symbolism through imagination or some esoteric understanding of the weather. I think most people will have both of these feelings. INxJs will probably relate more to the Si most often, and ENxP will likely relate a bit less to the Si. These two functions are introverted perceptions however, so there is no objective, integrated, dependent basis on external reality. I certainly relate a lot more to the latter feeling, and find it odd when others don't relate to my impression of external themes, because I have an esoteric and rather mysterious understanding of it, which has little to do with dependance on reality, and recollections that more Si types would adhere to grasping and bringing up. My SLI friend experiences both of these things, memories of familiar environments and inherent impressions of environments, but he doesn't bring them up all too often and neither do I.

Creepy-male

yeah...what does it all mean, all of us spinning on this clear blue green marble called earth? lol

seriously though , yeah. we're connected to our environment, but we are so in our heads we can't even really grasp it. ducks and geese are better off. they "know" to fly south and "where" to fly to.
    True but like the way it is in the nature of ducks and geese to fly, it is in the nature of humans to question.

At any rate..... I just find the idea of seasons fascinating... that something simple and perceivable on the earth is actually due to some grander scheme of cosmic motion, but then again I study physics so I find this stuff fascinating where other people are just like "Wtf?", who cares...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but like the way it is in the nature of ducks and geese to fly, it is in the nature of humans to question.

At any rate..... I just find the idea of seasons fascinating... that something simple and perceivable on the earth is actually due to some grander scheme of cosmic motion, but then again I study physics so I find this stuff fascinating where other people are just like "Wtf?", who cares...
    i'd love to have the consciousness of an animal for a day. like, a dog. then, a cat. then a horse or something. or to be one of those animals. for a day.

ILE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lucid: What you said right there sounds like Si/Ne valuing.

You are perceiving multiple layers of complex interactions. Each "smaller" layer is a component of an even "larger" layer.

So there is the seasonal pattern. That is your playing field of concrete interactions. You experience the pattern as a dynamic-involved field. Something that is readily sensible, concrete, and experiencible.

Then you take all of that involved data and compress it into a single static abstraction (the seasons of Earth). As you increase the scope of your perception, that abstraction fades and you are able to perceive a higher "plane" of interacting processes(the cosmos).

Si>Ne>Si (Si patterns are made of Ne and Ne can only exist in an Si context)
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

i'd love to have the consciousness of an animal for a day. like, a dog. then, a cat. then a horse or something. or to be one of those animals. for a day.

Lol yea I essentially understand what you mean about that, I feel similarly occasionally..... the thing is though I think its a bit unrealistic, bottom line is humans are humans, dogs are dogs, cats are cats, horses.... horses. Each element of the natural world has its own nature and unique role, you can't choose what you're are born as.... Its not like I could have selected to be a dog, cat, or horse.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What if we did make a choice though? What if it's proven that, well all our identities and essences, everything is predetermined.....it really is possible to me. You just don't have a memory or concept of yourself, as yourself- before you were born physically, but you have access to the realms and inner worlds and feeling of what it was really like through accurate films and stuff. So it's really uncanny and interesting how the human brain works like that, why does it work like that if it's pointless, you know? I'm not saying there is a God or anything, it's just- you don't really know for sure that you didn't make a choice to have the human experience.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    What if we did make a choice though? What if it's proven that, well all our identities and essences, everything is predetermined.....it really is possible to me. You just don't have a memory or concept of yourself, as yourself- before you were born physically, but you have access to the realms and inner worlds and feeling of what it was really like through accurate films and stuff. So it's really uncanny and interesting how the human brain works like that, why does it work like that if it's pointless, you know? I'm not saying there is a God or anything, it's just- you don't really know for sure that you didn't make a choice to have the human experience.
    Lol well then its surprisingly simple...... if we made the choice... then you made the choice to be human, so why are you wishing to be a dog, cat, or horse? It was your own fault for deciding wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    @Lucid: What you said right there sounds like Si/Ne valuing.

You are perceiving multiple layers of complex interactions. Each "smaller" layer is a component of an even "larger" layer.

So there is the seasonal pattern. That is your playing field of concrete interactions. You experience the pattern as a dynamic-involved field. Something that is readily sensible, concrete, and experiencible.

Then you take all of that involved data and compress it into a single static abstraction (the seasons of Earth). As you increase the scope of your perception, that abstraction fades and you are able to perceive a higher "plane" of interacting processes(the cosmos).

Si>Ne>Si (Si patterns are made of Ne and Ne can only exist in an Si context)
    This is meaningless.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And has anyone else every gotten this?
    Seasons, sure.

More striking to me is feelings that random scenes will invoke. Everything from places I've visited to places I've created in my mind. Additionally, snippets of movies, video games, and books are also sources of this atmosphere. It can even be extended to music in numerous ways, one example being how the design of the cover art and liner notes can influence music, or in turn become more alive by what's being heard.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yea I essentially understand what you mean about that, I feel similarly occasionally..... the thing is though I think its a bit unrealistic, bottom line is humans are humans, dogs are dogs, cats are cats, horses.... horses. Each element of the natural world has its own nature and unique role, you can't choose what you're are born as.... Its not like I could have selected to be a dog, cat, or horse.
    of course it's unrealistic!! lol you can't actualize this....but it's fun to think about and speculate on. :-)

ILE

Creepy-male

of course it's unrealistic!! lol you can't actualize this....but it's fun to think about and speculate on. :-)
    Yea sure I understand that.... I ocassionaly ponder what life would be like as different animals also..... but theres also a part of me that just enjoys being at the top of the food chain. Plus its not too inspiring in my mind to think about being a dog, cat, or horse.... all those animals are domesticated and are controlled alot by humans.... it think it would be cool to be a wolf, an eagle, or a mustang or something like that which embodies freedom.... lions obviously also, but I like wolves more than lions for whatever reason, always been more of a dog person (shrugs).

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This is meaningless.
    No, you a stupid gamma.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

No, you a stupid gamma.
    My choice of comeback: "No you're meaningless"

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too obvious and grammatically incorrect.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Too obvious and grammatically incorrect.
    When making comebacks, its the content that counts not the grammatical structure. No one is going to be sitting behind the computer saying.... "OH wow, look how well worded that insult was, and how effective their usage of the subjunctive clause was! I feel so ashamed and put down! If only I could spell and write with such precision and exactness! Curse me!"

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they wouldn't, but if you're incorrect they'll point it out.

Or if you're hilariously precise you might get a chuckle.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

but if you're incorrect they'll point it out.
    Oh no! that would be ever so embarassing! Gee golly gosh, I wouldn't want that! I'll have to learn to write just ever so swell... I mean, what would the neighbors think if they knew how sloppy I was with my grammar?! I'd be the laughing stock of the whole neighborhood at the next get together!

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would improve your career/academic life significantly.

Shoot for the moon!
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all those animals are domesticated and are controlled alot by humans....
    You've never lived with a cat, have you?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-male

That would improve your career/academic life significantly.

Shoot for the moon!
    I've heard that one before! I've also heard it can lead to a more satisfying sex/romantic life. They say good grammar is key to communicating your sexual needs and desires to a prospective partner.

I mean the last thing that any potential lover wants in the bedroom is someone confusing the various forms of there, their, and they're!

Another potential pitfall comes with adding apostrophes at incorrect times and places (major turn off).

Even more disturbing is the difference between laid and lay.... laid is what you hoping to get, but lay is not! (Am I right?)

It's easy to see how they're is room for confusion! After all, so many young people today with there cellphone's and myspace account's are taking on the rapid trend of text messaging and instant messaging! But even more disturbing is how they have lay aside they're understanding of the english language, and substituted it with a new form of language. I mean wasnt ebonic's enough? Now they must do this to the english language two?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    So cats aren't domesticated? They are free roaming animals who just choose to live with people and use your litter box?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that one before! I've also heard it can lead to a more satisfying sex/romantic life. They say good grammar is key to communicating your sexual needs and desires to a prospective partner.

I mean the last thing that any potential lover wants in the bedroom is someone confusing the various forms of there, their, and they're!

Another potential pitfall comes with adding apostrophes at incorrect times and places (major turn off).

Even more disturbing is the difference between laid and lay.... laid is what you hoping to get, but lay is not! (Am I right?)

It's easy to see how they're is room for confusion! After all, so many young people today with there cellphone's and myspace account's are taking on the rapid trend of text messaging and instant messaging! But even more disturbing is how they have lay aside they're understanding of the english language, and substituted it with a new form of language. I mean wasnt ebonic's enough? Now they must do this to the english language two?
    You have redeemed yourself with wit.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

You have redeemed yourself with wit.
    It always works out like that...... but I agree with FDG, your post was still meaningless. :wink:

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

fuck.
    lol

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    "Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."