TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Stop typing so many people as IEI

Please stop typing so many people IEI.

IEI and SEI and EII, all three of these types get pegged as the 'average humanitarian bland type.' Ie, the general banal/bland psychology 101 aw-shucks loveable loser get typed as that. Most people when they take the test will get those types. Because seriously, who ISN'T interested in their own thoughts and feelings compared to the world around them? Furthermore, not many people are realistically interested in their thoughts over their actual feelings, it doesn't make sense (also it doesn't make sense to dichotomize those things as if they were opposites, either) You feel a certain way because you think a certain way, and vice-versa. Also, to even take a personality test to begin with, you are going to have a bias for classical introversion. (You want to find out about yourself primarily as we're all intrinsically selfish in that way, as opposed to how you *really are* when lined up with other people, which is what socionics actually explains.)

Your type exists primarily not in self-identification (which its all too easily for virtually *everyone* to get the aforementioned types) but in relationship to others, and then you kinda really see the effect of them taking place.

The truth is, there's probably less IEIs than we think because nobody on the forum really gets along, we have a 'business-like' respect for each other but for the most part, we argue and get on each other's nerves and don't really relate all that closely with one another, and we also tend to bring out the more 'nagging' aspects of our psyches. But I actually like this, because it shows there is a good diversity of the types.

You are not IEI just because you have a rich inner world, you like poetry, art, etc. You like fantasy novels, again- that's not IEI, it's just of course, due to everything else connected, IEIs have a greater tendency to like that stuff, but it isn't what it's about, it's a personality theory, it's how you mesh and relate to other people, it really has nothing to do with your hobbies or what you really like to do, by yourself- because most of us have probably encountered the situation where we found somebody who had our exact same hobbies and we didn't get along with them, because of the personality clashing. And as for self-identification that is always innately misleading. (Have you ever thought in your own ego or head that you were a certain way but in truth, it was the exact opposite?) All of these theories try to balance how you see yourself compared to how others see you, and how that makes you line up with certain people.

And it's very very important in society because if these internal views aren't met, then conflict brews under the surface, subconsciously.

It's more subtle and nuanced then you think. You can't think 'oh he's an aggressive manly straight guy jock so that means I am going to clash with him' as it's just not general or stereotyped like that. You can't connect the dots where there isn't any.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. i completely agree

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Things like 'she's laid-back' or 'he's bouncy' are still good type indicators, albeit very rough ones, but things like 'Oh you like anime, so you must be alpha', or 'movies about high school are beta' are too big of a stretch. It really depends on how personally subjective the show was, most movies try to be as objective as possible, to get the most people to relate to it as possible to earn the most money off of it, and so media usually isn't a good indicator of anything, really. That is why you need to stop being a typical middle class loser that's obsessed with Hollywood, pop culture and celebrity, as this is just more academic, realistic and elitist than that- and it feels pretty 'cheap' to have all those things associated with Socionics, quite frankly.

Ie, don't type celebs. Find some real people around you that you know well, in a bar or club or at school/work - and then type them. Celebrities, most of them are narcissistic and don't even know who they really are, they are so in the public eye, the line between their 'home self' and their 'public self' is too blurred. They say one thing but it's just an attempt to try and make themselves better and stronger. They lie and flip-flop as much as politicians. There is no authentic honesty to them, really- and it's like you are just trapped in an image. It's bizarre. Pretty soon after their tabloid stories leak out, you might get some kernel of truth out of them but even then- you are too far away from that kind of lifestyle to even worry your dorky little heads about that. Shitcan the celebrity worship, and focus on your own family and friends. It's gross people.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree... and I think it's awesome that you're talking about Socionics now, B&D.

EDIT: Actually I can't guarantee that we have that problem here... but it's a plausible problem to have.
    Last edited by Brilliand; 09-23-2009 at 01:59 PM.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think a lot of people are typing as though they are all so sure. I for one give my light guess from the clues given, and if someone wants to take that completely to heart without considering their own interpretation, then it is too bad for them. That's not something I would personally do. If they took this seriously in the first place, then I'm sure they would not do it either. However, I'm not going to justify someone being an IEI because they like fantasy, or whatever. I'm also not going to feel sorry for you because there are a bunch of non-Betas in your Beta forum. If giving light impressions of someone's type is such a bad thing, then maybe I need to stop.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the OP represents assuming one knows what others are thinking and doing... "they all think X because such and such, which isn't even relevant to type, and only I know the great truth of this matter and of course no one else has ever thought of it." Who is "typing everyone as IEI" and why are they doing so in each case, is a more useful question, imo. I think that it's up to people to be able to interpret things themselves, and often people put a lot more thought into something than it might appear. I guess I take more of an "innocent until proven guilty" approach to people and their "typing of other people," and I never consider it set in stone anyway... it's evolving and growing as one learns more and discovers more... to pick out an individual typing at one point in time and treat it like it's in stone is like picking a stick floating down stream and treating it like it will always be in the same place and assuming it entered the river there even though it may have actually fallen in (originated) 10 miles up stream (a snapshot of the stick at one point in the river does not accurately depict the stick's journey and how it came to be there and where it is going next). I think that it should be obvious that "just because X type is more likely to engage in Y doesn't mean that everyone engaging in Y is type X, only that Y is a significant enough element when it comes to the concept of what type X is, that it can be seen as a sort of hallmark of that type when trying to show how it differs from the other types, or when just looking at it by itself (whatever)."

I mainly just feel a response of "stop taking every thought in your head and projecting it on to everyone else as though it is what they do in practice." But maybe by even saying that I'm just doing the very thing that irritated me in the first place.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe 4w3

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard a rumor that ieis love this website confirm/deny

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must have forgotten to take into account that people are idiots. Sigh, this always happens.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really is hard to look at your avatar, poli.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    it really is hard to look at your avatar, poli.
    Why is that?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Why is that?
    because the face seems stretched out somehow, elongated and... I dunno.. reminds me of something scary.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    because the face seems stretched out somehow, elongated and... I dunno.. reminds me of something scary.
    A turkey.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    A turkey.
    yeah, I think you're right!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not to worry. I die at age 41 after touring the Louvre.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, most people assume that just because you are bubbly or are a touchy feely kind of person, you must be some ethical type. There's so much more that goes into being an individual. A lot of how you turn out has to do with how you were raised. Another thing is many people have parents that are not within your quadra, so they almost mold you into the thing they are looking for. My mom is SLI and she has always wanted me to be more expressive in my feelings of empathy towards her, which in turn I tried to emulate these expression that she was in need of. And just because someone is emotional, that means nothing in typing a person. I know an LIE who you would think is some kind of because of his emotional expressions but I can always see right through it. I am able to tell if someone is acting naturally or not. Most people don't unfortunately because of societies expections.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI: the default type
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    who ISN'T interested in their own thoughts and feelings compared to the world around them?
    Me
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    You are not IEI just because you have a rich inner world, you like poetry, art, etc. You like fantasy novels, again- that's not IEI ...
    word. it's same on MBTI forums. as soon as someone posts some poetry or talks about literature, art, theater and having a rich imaginative inner world they get stuffed into an INFx type with no hopes for return. on this forum the verdict is "beta NF".

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

To say I am like a snowflake would imply I am part of a subset of uniqueness and that I am categoricable when in truth this world only exists so that I am in it.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should change my type to IEI. I must be missing out on something.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, IEI's tryiing to stay special, where in fact they're just one in sixteen!

IEI is the default for females ofc.

JK

I do not agree that everyone is interested in the things he quotes everyone is interested in; i know a lot of people who have no interest in art, emotions, inner life or other stuff like that. It's just that these people won't frequent personality forums either. So a high ammount of special flakes will gather here and all their duals will probably be banging other people far away from the internet.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, stop making truck feel like he isn't a unique flower.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Lol, IEI's tryiing to stay special, where in fact they're just one in sixteen!

IEI is the default for females ofc.

JK

I do not agree that everyone is interested in the things he quotes everyone is interested in; i know a lot of people who have no interest in art, emotions, inner life or other stuff like that. It's just that these people won't frequent personality forums either. So a high ammount of special flakes will gather here and all their duals will probably be banging other people far away from the internet.
    I second this. Everyone thinks that since, at least in Myers Briggs, the Ni/Fe type is supposed to be the most rare, the number of IEIs on personality forums means that they're mistyping themselves.
    While some ppl in fact might be mistyping themselves in any type, the real truth is that it totally makes sense why you would find a bunch of IEIs in places like this.
    Just like you'd generally find a lot of SLEs on a football field.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I second this. Everyone thinks that since, at least in Myers Briggs, the Ni/Fe type is supposed to be the most rare, the number of IEIs on personality forums means that they're mistyping themselves.
    While some ppl in fact might be mistyping themselves in any type, the real truth is that it totally makes sense why you would find a bunch of IEIs in places like this.
    Just like you'd generally find a lot of SLEs on a football field.
    Go back to your hole you IEE scum.

<3

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Go back to your hole you IEE scum.

<3
    lol you ass

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

717495 is poli?

I thought that was the asian guys dubbed "numbers"

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think I'm Ni-leading without a definitive creative. I can be Te or Fe PoLR, depending on my goals and current disposition. Though some people suggest that if I'm moody I must be IEI; I doubt that logic though, but I roll with it I guess, since people seem to be in agreement with it. Or maybe I'm LII, lol, who knows. And if I am, then socionics kind of sucks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    717495 is poli?
    Apparently, yes.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I should change my type to IEI. I must be missing out on something.
    Just add an emoticon!!!!!! Be Fe creative!
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    Just add an emoticon!!!!!! Be Fe creative!
    Okay !