Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: IEI or ILI?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face IEI or ILI?

    I've always thought I was IEI, but after some thinking I might actually be an ILI but still not quite sure, any ideas? you can see my pic by clicking on my name, I greatly appreciate the help

  2. #2
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i cannot see your picture.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You should be able to see it now. If you need info. let me know

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They will distrust and dislike bossy people, and will avoid people who will assign them routine work like chores. They will even avoid their friends and family when they expect that they will be assigned such work, and do not enjoy fulfilling daily chores. I can relate to this

    If IEIs prefer, they can also generate and communicate their feelings of sadness and loss. They are adept at communicating depth of feeling. This sounds like me

    An ILI may demonstrate perfectionistic tendencies most conspicuously in such situations where they can work out the details in their head or on paper. this sounds like me too

    Sometimes ILIs perceive the real-world occurrences around them, such as the daily tedium of work or school, through the lens created to understand the information that they care about most, although they may choose not to share this perception with others. They often have little to contribute in many social situations, but when the topic of their interest comes around they may tend to be the center of attention, disseminating the information of their expertise. this is me in a nutshell

  5. #5
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ILIs I know are like repositories of information. They have all kinds of facts and figures memorized, and it's all useful, but not very interesting to me. Numbers and statistics kinda bore me. I knew one IEI who knew a lot, and it was all interesting, but not very useful.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so it basically comes down to if I'm full of useless info. or not? that's hilarious

  7. #7
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol it's just something I noticed, don't use it to determine your type
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well I'm just as lost as I ever was haha

  9. #9
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What you need to be focusing on, primarily, are two IM elements (functions) and how you relate to them. Extroverted Ethics, Fe, - vs. - Extroverted Logic, Te, .

    In IEIs appears as their second function. This means it is something the IEI is relatively comfortable using as it is one of the IEI's two strongest functions. appears as their fourth. This is significant because the fourth function represents the PoLR (Place of Least Resistance), the weakest function. This means that it is an area of insecurity for the IEI.

    For ILI, these two functions are in the exact opposite location relative to IEI. So is their second, strong function, and is their fourth, weak function. Wikisocion.org has a lot of material about both.
    INFp-Ni

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can you give any examples of how these two functions would manifest themselves? As far as if they are your creative function or place of least resistance?

  11. #11
    Erk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, how about we see some examples of this, huh.

  12. #12
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you are in between, just leave it at that.
    INTp

  13. #13
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do other people describe you...?


    ever been told to be to businesslike?
    ever been told that you are like an encyclopedia?
    ever been told that you are a drama queen?

  14. #14
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can relate to your situation very well - I had the same problem, both descriptions (including all the parts you quoted) sounded a bit like me - I've always thought of myself as a rather logical female, so ILI seemed like it fit better, but then I learned more about socionics and realised that I am definitely Ti/Fe valuing.

    So my questions would be:

    - Can you pick up subtle nuances in a conversation? eg. if you're listening to two people talk, can you tell if they secretly hate each other? Can you feel that horrible moment when someone says the wrong thing? Or do you tend to be oblivious to that?

    - Do you like to derive information from basic principles instead of remembering it? Or do you tend to do both naturally?

    - If something bad happens to you, are you good at making others feel sorry for you? If something very good happens, do you want to share it in an external manner? (eg. doing a little dance, telling the people around you and getting them excited as well, smiling uncontrollably)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    How do other people describe you...?
    That would probably be the most reliable way of self-typing.

    Unfortunately I've been described as an encyclopaedia. People ask me questions all the time, when I tell them to use Wikipedia they say asking me is faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. I guess going by what you posted, I would be ILI. I think that growing up with my grandparents, they expected me to act like a girl: prim and proper, always happy and stuff like that. I think society can make you act like someone you are not.

  16. #16
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hm, I just realized I don't know any female ILIs.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  17. #17
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I knew one IEI who knew a lot, and it was all interesting, but not very useful.
    Sorry toots, but you alone do not get to determine what is "useful" and what is not, and also hello! Talk about general.

    I love being on this forum for the sheer joy of correcting everybody's thinking errors.

    The truth is, every piece of information is relevant because it is all connected with each other, any new piece of knowledge = information, anything has the potential to help (or harm) somebody out and be connected with something else. The reason why most criminals get away with their crimes is because they understand this all too well.

    For example, have you ever had somebody say something to you that you shrugged off as 'useless' but then a unique circumstance popped up in real life, and then you found it to be useful? There is no such thing as 'useless' information. Of course ideally you would never think it's useful until you get into a situation where the information actually is useful. But that's the difference between thinking and living IMO. If it wasn't useful, it wouldn't exist, it would be sucked up in a negative black hole vortex like anything else that is a true anomaly.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with you, a persons idea of useful information differs on just that. Someone might think your idea is useless for a number of reason. For example, if you throw something at a person who is sensory driven they might find that what you say is useless. My mom, a sensor, talks about different types of plants all the time. I have no use for her knowledge, but it is knowledge none the less.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    hm, I just realized I don't know any female ILIs.
    I don't know any IRL life either, but this girl has become my benchmark one (ILI-Ni)


  20. #20
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hah. She's definitely Ni. She reminds me of my sister though in the judging aspect, more than me. She is an EIE, and for the video girl I'd lean towards Ni-IEI. I see more of an Ni/Fe/Ti focus, but her Ni lifestyle and focus is just like mine. The only major difference is I come out J in MBTI.

    Just for perspective's sake, why do you think she's ILI?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hah. She's definitely Ni. She reminds me of my sister though in the judging aspect, more than me. She is an EIE, and for the video girl I'd lean towards Ni-IEI. I see more of an Ni/Fe/Ti focus, but her Ni lifestyle and focus is just like mine.

    Just for perspective's sake, why do you think she's ILI?
    I'll answer your question with another question; If you decided to type her as anything else other than ILI or IEI, which one would you type her as, out of these two options; LII or EII?

  22. #22
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I'll answer your question with another question; If you decided to type her as anything else other than ILI or IEI, which one would you type her as, out of these two options; LII or EII?
    LII. But these are really bad choices.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    LII. But these are really bad choices.
    Crap, you should have said EII :/

    Perhaps you are right and she is IEI. What is your attitude towards her? Can you follow her train of thought easily (watch other videos if you need to)?

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see a real value for Fi in her
    Could you expound a little?

  25. #25
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sorry toots, but you alone do not get to determine what is "useful" and what is not, and also hello! Talk about general.

    I love being on this forum for the sheer joy of correcting everybody's thinking errors.

    The truth is, every piece of information is relevant because it is all connected with each other, any new piece of knowledge = information, anything has the potential to help (or harm) somebody out and be connected with something else. The reason why most criminals get away with their crimes is because they understand this all too well.

    For example, have you ever had somebody say something to you that you shrugged off as 'useless' but then a unique circumstance popped up in real life, and then you found it to be useful? There is no such thing as 'useless' information. Of course ideally you would never think it's useful until you get into a situation where the information actually is useful. But that's the difference between thinking and living IMO. If it wasn't useful, it wouldn't exist, it would be sucked up in a negative black hole vortex like anything else that is a true anomaly.
    Duuuuude I'm an LII--I live to eliminate superfluous knowledge. That said, I differentiate between useful knowledge, interesting knowledge, and excess/useless knowledge. If it's useful, that means you can use it to accomplish something, like when you learned to write or type. If it's interesting, but not useful, that doesn't mean it's useless, that just means you don't know what to do with it--yet, like if someone told you the altitude at which a nuclear bomb detonation produces the greatest EMP (10,000 feet). If it's interesting, that means it can provide interest, but that alone doesn't make it useful. Useless/excess knowledge is just more information than you need to understand something, like saying 2 + (2 - 2) = 2 you don't need the (2 - 2) in there because it doesn't contribute anything.

    So yes, I reject your useful/useless dichotomy and jam a 3rd category in there: interesting, but not very useful.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-26-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  26. #26
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Morcheeba.. what part of the IP temperament do you resonate with?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well now I'm really confused because I have another thread going and someone says that I may be so who the hell knows
    As for my innermost emotions, I don't feel very connected to them, like I'm almost indifferent to most things, very aloof.

  28. #28
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    As for my innermost emotions, I don't feel very connected to them, like I'm almost indifferent to most things, very aloof.
    If IEIs prefer, they can also generate and communicate their feelings of sadness and loss. They are adept at communicating depth of feeling. This sounds like me
    ?

    This is a key difference between Beta NFs and Gamma NTs.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i guess what we can determine is i am typeless

  30. #30
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well.. try telling us something about yourself.. answer the questions in this thread.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, too be honest I am quite shallow with the expressions of my emotions. For instance, I will get upset and angry if something doesn't go my way. But when it comes to deeper emotional stuff that really gets to my core, I have difficulty expressing that because I feel like perhaps others won't understand and therefore shrug off something that is very meaningful to me. I don't have strong likes/dislikes, I'm not the type of person that sees things in only black and white. I can be for abortion or against it depending on circumstances for example.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The one thing that tells me my logic is weak though was when I recently started working in an insurance co. we had a lot of info. thrown at us at once and I felt like I was choking on it. My memory wasn't as quick as the other people in my class and their were just certain things I couldn't grasp so I ended up leaving.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -[B] Can you pick up subtle nuances in a conversation? eg. if you're listening to two people talk, can you tell if they secretly hate each other? Can you feel that horrible moment when someone says the wrong thing? Or do you tend to be oblivious to that?
    I do this all the time, very good at it actually.
    The other part of her question in regards to if I can make people feel sorry for me if something is going wrong in my life; I would say no, I'm not good at receiving pity from others.

  34. #34
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    -[B] Can you pick up subtle nuances in a conversation? eg. if you're listening to two people talk, can you tell if they secretly hate each other? Can you feel that horrible moment when someone says the wrong thing? Or do you tend to be oblivious to that?
    I do this all the time, very good at it actually.
    Well, too be honest I am quite shallow with the expressions of my emotions. For instance, I will get upset and angry if something doesn't go my way. But when it comes to deeper emotional stuff that really gets to my core, I have difficulty expressing that because I feel like perhaps others won't understand and therefore shrug off something that is very meaningful to me. I don't have strong likes/dislikes, I'm not the type of person that sees things in only black and white. I can be for abortion or against it depending on circumstances for example.
    Oh, fo sho. No Fe-PoLR would say that.

    I pretty much agree with all of that. I think ethical and moral opinions are more things, I also don't really give a toss about them most of the time, unless I'm watching a documentary on it or something that communicates via .

    The one thing that tells me my logic is weak though was when I recently started working in an insurance co. we had a lot of info. thrown at us at once and I felt like I was choking on it. My memory wasn't as quick as the other people in my class and their were just certain things I couldn't grasp so I ended up leaving.
    See, learning things is something I've never had trouble with. I'm killer at trivia. So I find it difficult to believe this is exclusively related to Te-PoLR.

    With regards to EIE vs. IEI - what are your energy levels like? Do you wake up energised and go about without feeling drained, or do you take a while to wake up and "zone out" in the middle of the day? Do you take an active role in social situations, or do you wait for people to approach you, then draw them in? Do you prefer one-on-one conversations or being the centre of attention in a larger group (i.e. which extreme are you more comfortable at)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm usually energized in the morning, but as far as energy throughout the day it is hard for me to answer that question because I have depression so that obviously gets in the way of many things. When I'm not depressed I talk easily with anyone, but since I am depressed most of the time this inhibits my abilities to do much of anything.

  36. #36
    pluie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I don't know any IRL life either, but this girl has become my benchmark one (ILI-Ni)

    YouTube - INTP
    ooh my god she reminds me so much of niff.

    oh wait... imagining the sea?... hm... i spoke too fast.

    but mostly yes-- niff.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is done, I am ,case closed.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  38. #38
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think she's isfp or esfj

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    stop being weird Mercutio or my dog will attack you! haha
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  40. #40
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    stop being weird Mercutio or my dog will attack you! haha
    bring it on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •