Thread: Memory

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Memory

Specifically occurrences and things that need to be done.

I'll just list some things that I have a really hard time remembering.

Most of my childhood experience (big one)
    taking laundry out of the wash (every time... really annoying)
    whether or not I told someone something and what they told me
    doing things that I have planned to do (during a day)
    sometimes what I'm doing as I'm doing it

type related? or do I just have issues?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Si. Do not worry about it.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of them all, I'm really concerned with not remembering most of my childhood, even up to my early teens. When I try to think of it, it's like a blank sheet. The only time I really remember is when someone brings it up, and even then it's like 50/50 chance that I'll remember.

My family thinks I'm repressing bad memories. They're joking of course, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

any Si-PoLRs relate?
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 09-21-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Out of them all, I'm really concerned with not remembering most of my childhood, even up to my early teens. When I try to think of it, it's like a blank sheet. The only time I really remember is when someone brings it up, and even then it's like 50/50 chance that I'll remember.

My family thinks I'm repressing bad memories. They're joking of course, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

any Si-PoLRs relate?
    Funny, I was just reading about this a minute ago... apparently it's a problem that nearly everyone has. The explanation that stood out to me is that our childhoods are so much different from our adult lives that we can't remember them from the perspective of our adult lives... we must become like little children if we are to remember our childhoods.

isn't all that strongly related to memory... it's handy for remembering how various processes occur together (i.e. I eat cake, I feel good), probably moreso than (do Internal elements have memories? Surely they must?), but it won't be nearly as handy for remembering the population of Australia.

I've heard things like remembering the population of Australia related to , but actually I'd have to say that it isn't type-related, because you don't have to understand the implications of that number to be able to recite it.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Specifically occurrences and things that need to be done.

I'll just list some things that I have a really hard time remembering.

Most of my childhood experience (big one)
    taking laundry out of the wash (every time... really annoying)
    whether or not I told someone something and what they told me
    doing things that I have planned to do (during a day)
    sometimes what I'm doing as I'm doing it

type related? or do I just have issues?
    This is the primary reason I keep a journal. It serves as my backup memory.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of those, I mostly have problem with laundry and domestic-related stuff. I think I remember my childhood decently well, actually, I don't feel like I have changed much since I was a small kid...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    This is the primary reason I keep a journal. It serves as my backup memory.
    Could you always just install more RAM?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Weak Si. Do not worry about it.
    Yes I would agree,

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Funny, I was just reading about this a minute ago... apparently it's a problem that nearly everyone has. The explanation that stood out to me is that our childhoods are so much different from our adult lives that we can't remember them from the perspective of our adult lives... we must become like little children if we are to remember our childhoods.

isn't all that strongly related to memory... it's handy for remembering how various processes occur together (i.e. I eat cake, I feel good), probably moreso than (do Internal elements have memories? Surely they must?), but it won't be nearly as handy for remembering the population of Australia.

I've heard things like remembering the population of Australia related to , but actually I'd have to say that it isn't type-related, because you don't have to understand the implications of that number to be able to recite it.
    I think sensing, both / in general is related to memories, but I think especially with since it stores data internally, hence why I think ego when telling a story they can give a description of recalling a lot that has happen.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a terrible memory in regard to everything on this list. I don't know if it's Si, but part of what my husband does is to remind me of important things because he ALWAYS seems to remember stuff.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the memories of different aspects of life are related to the different information elements. For example, the memory of physical sensations would be strongly tied to Si, while remembering abstract concepts would be related to Ne. As a TiNe, I have a great memory for the logical relationships between abstract concepts. On the other hand, my memory for people and my personal relationships to them (related to Fi) is terrible (I often forget people I've just met, don't recognize acquaintances on the street, etc.), and my memory for specific physical details of things (Se) is almost non-existant!
    Quaero Veritas.