Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Memory

  1. #1
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Memory

    Specifically occurrences and things that need to be done.

    I'll just list some things that I have a really hard time remembering.

    Most of my childhood experience (big one)
    taking laundry out of the wash (every time... really annoying)
    whether or not I told someone something and what they told me
    doing things that I have planned to do (during a day)
    sometimes what I'm doing as I'm doing it


    type related? or do I just have issues?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Weak Si. Do not worry about it.

  3. #3
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Out of them all, I'm really concerned with not remembering most of my childhood, even up to my early teens. When I try to think of it, it's like a blank sheet. The only time I really remember is when someone brings it up, and even then it's like 50/50 chance that I'll remember.

    My family thinks I'm repressing bad memories. They're joking of course, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

    any Si-PoLRs relate?
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 09-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  4. #4
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Out of them all, I'm really concerned with not remembering most of my childhood, even up to my early teens. When I try to think of it, it's like a blank sheet. The only time I really remember is when someone brings it up, and even then it's like 50/50 chance that I'll remember.

    My family thinks I'm repressing bad memories. They're joking of course, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

    any Si-PoLRs relate?
    Funny, I was just reading about this a minute ago... apparently it's a problem that nearly everyone has. The explanation that stood out to me is that our childhoods are so much different from our adult lives that we can't remember them from the perspective of our adult lives... we must become like little children if we are to remember our childhoods.

    isn't all that strongly related to memory... it's handy for remembering how various processes occur together (i.e. I eat cake, I feel good), probably moreso than (do Internal elements have memories? Surely they must?), but it won't be nearly as handy for remembering the population of Australia.

    I've heard things like remembering the population of Australia related to , but actually I'd have to say that it isn't type-related, because you don't have to understand the implications of that number to be able to recite it.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  5. #5
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Specifically occurrences and things that need to be done.

    I'll just list some things that I have a really hard time remembering.

    Most of my childhood experience (big one)
    taking laundry out of the wash (every time... really annoying)
    whether or not I told someone something and what they told me
    doing things that I have planned to do (during a day)
    sometimes what I'm doing as I'm doing it


    type related? or do I just have issues?
    This is the primary reason I keep a journal. It serves as my backup memory.
    Quaero Veritas.

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Out of those, I mostly have problem with laundry and domestic-related stuff. I think I remember my childhood decently well, actually, I don't feel like I have changed much since I was a small kid...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    This is the primary reason I keep a journal. It serves as my backup memory.
    Could you always just install more RAM?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  8. #8
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Most of my childhood experience (big one)
    taking laundry out of the wash (every time... really annoying)
    whether or not I told someone something and what they told me
    doing things that I have planned to do (during a day)
    sometimes what I'm doing as I'm doing it
    I agree with all of them... I also forget if I have stuff on the stove until it starts hissing, and anything to do with chores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  9. #9
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Weak Si. Do not worry about it.
    Yes I would agree,

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Funny, I was just reading about this a minute ago... apparently it's a problem that nearly everyone has. The explanation that stood out to me is that our childhoods are so much different from our adult lives that we can't remember them from the perspective of our adult lives... we must become like little children if we are to remember our childhoods.

    isn't all that strongly related to memory... it's handy for remembering how various processes occur together (i.e. I eat cake, I feel good), probably moreso than (do Internal elements have memories? Surely they must?), but it won't be nearly as handy for remembering the population of Australia.

    I've heard things like remembering the population of Australia related to , but actually I'd have to say that it isn't type-related, because you don't have to understand the implications of that number to be able to recite it.
    I think sensing, both / in general is related to memories, but I think especially with since it stores data internally, hence why I think ego when telling a story they can give a description of recalling a lot that has happen.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  10. #10
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a terrible memory in regard to everything on this list. I don't know if it's Si, but part of what my husband does is to remind me of important things because he ALWAYS seems to remember stuff.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  11. #11
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the memories of different aspects of life are related to the different information elements. For example, the memory of physical sensations would be strongly tied to Si, while remembering abstract concepts would be related to Ne. As a TiNe, I have a great memory for the logical relationships between abstract concepts. On the other hand, my memory for people and my personal relationships to them (related to Fi) is terrible (I often forget people I've just met, don't recognize acquaintances on the street, etc.), and my memory for specific physical details of things (Se) is almost non-existant!
    Quaero Veritas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •