View Poll Results: Do I sound Se Seeking?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%
  • You are Se

0 0%

Thread: Do I Sound Se Dual Seeking?

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do I Sound Se Dual Seeking?

(Can be used in conjunction with this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cakes-esi.html)

I started This Thread a while back when I was considering ILI a little more. Today in the car I was running a few errands and thinking about what having an SEE in the car with me would be like.

1. She would drive and I could chill in the passenger seat and give directions of where to go, the best way to get places, etc. I could keep an eye on things around us and enjoy the ride instead of having to drive, which I don't enjoy all that much in the city.
    2. She would have things she wanted to do. I just had 4 quick stops that didn't take me very long and probably could have been put off a day or two if I didn't want to get out of the house.
    3. She could handle all the annoying social interactions involved with the trip. This includes cashiers, the bank teller, etc. I could just smile alongside her instead of having to worry if someone didn't like me.

Additionally:

4. I'd really appreciate someone who took initiative in a) developing the relationship b) determining the status of the relationship at any point c) physical contact
    5. I'm not the best at knowing what I want. Se types are good at this, I'm told, and it could help me get out of "paralysis by analysis".

What makes me doubt Se seeking:

1. I hate when someone tries to force or guilt me into doing something. If I feel you're attempting to manipulate me I will refuse or fight back.
    2. I like to relax and enjoy things more than immediately go do things the way Se types seem to. If Se says "go get oranges", she wants a bag of oranges, immediately. I, on the other hand, am going to want to choose the best oranges, without blemishes, heavy indicating plenty of juice, etc. Then Se is going to get impatient and want to go. Si>Se...

3. There's more but I'm tired of thinking about it and want to play devil's advocate for now.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not going to go into this too much atm, but your #1 in the second section sounds more like Fi than Se - guilting people into doing things and that sort of manipulation. Which is still relevant re SEE.

And people of a lot of types could do the first part. Like, I don't like to drive, but I handle social interactions and I ALWAYS have things I want to do. Tons of them.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk, but I do know that I find driving and casual social interaction enjoyable. SEEs probably maybe would too though. Being given directions when driving would eliminate the only tedious aspect of it for me. :-P
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Idk, but I do know that I find driving and casual social interaction enjoyable. SEEs probably maybe would too though. Being given directions when driving would eliminate the only tedious aspect of it for me. :-P
    I wouldn't have expected that of SEI, awesome.
    Last edited by Banana Pancakes; 09-19-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All joking aside, can anyone see me as ILI?
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

Not really, no. Your Stickam demeanor is totally off, and I don't think I've seen you use the distinctive blank Ni gaze.

And seriously, if you identify so strongly with Ne, doesn't that automatically rule out Ni-base? Don't forget that it's possible for Ne bases to sink into a highly reflective, dreamy state.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    one is dominating.
    The Se, right?
    ILE-Ti

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    The Se, right?
    No, I just mean one is going to be dominant in a person, obviously can be one of the other elements too, while all the other ones are accessible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    No, I just mean one is going to be dominant in a person, obviously can be one of the other elements too, while all the other ones are accessible.
    I know, I was being facetious. So you don't see NiTe in me?
    ILE-Ti

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about you. I was putting the information out there to help you out. Try to assess it fairly. If you want, I can give you my impressions of the other dominant types I know.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    (Can be used in conjunction with this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cakes-esi.html)

I started This Thread a while back when I was considering ILI a little more. Today in the car I was running a few errands and thinking about what having an SEE in the car with me would be like.

1. She would drive and I could chill in the passenger seat and give directions of where to go, the best way to get places, etc. I could keep an eye on things around us and enjoy the ride instead of having to drive, which I don't enjoy all that much in the city.
    2. She would have things she wanted to do. I just had 4 quick stops that didn't take me very long and probably could have been put off a day or two if I didn't want to get out of the house.
    3. She could handle all the annoying social interactions involved with the trip. This includes cashiers, the bank teller, etc. I could just smile alongside her instead of having to worry if someone didn't like me.

Additionally:

4. I'd really appreciate someone who took initiative in a) developing the relationship b) determining the status of the relationship at any point c) physical contact
    5. I'm not the best at knowing what I want. Se types are good at this, I'm told, and it could help me get out of "paralysis by analysis".

What makes me doubt Se seeking:

1. I hate when someone tries to force or guilt me into doing something. If I feel you're attempting to manipulate me I will refuse or fight back.
    2. I like to relax and enjoy things more than immediately go do things the way Se types seem to. If Se says "go get oranges", she wants a bag of oranges, immediately. I, on the other hand, am going to want to choose the best oranges, without blemishes, heavy indicating plenty of juice, etc. Then Se is going to get impatient and want to go. Si>Se...

3. There's more but I'm tired of thinking about it and want to play devil's advocate for now.
    I don't think most of the above in the first section is particularly suggestive of SEE. Lots of types prefer not to be the driver for various reasons. Dealing with the 'annoying' social interactions as you describe could also fit several other types, partcularly ESE. Developing and determining the status of the relationship- again not necessarily SEE, but rather in general- ethics of relations. Knowing what you want- not sure how indicative of that is. I have PoLR and I generally know what I want, the challenge for me is knowing how to go about making it happen.

I identify alot with what you said in the second section and that makes me think you're not seeking. For the record, I think you're most likely ILE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

Knowing what one wants? I would assume that's Si.

Getting bogged down in "I'm supposed to" or "I should" is Se role. Si DS is being responsive to the carrot end of the carrot/stick setup.

I received, once, this truly beautiful nugget of wisdom from a Si friend of mine... "Don't do anything you feel obliged to." I think Ne egos in general put themselves under a lot of strain and tension unwittingly, and Si balances that out. Ni egos are just victims (see what I did there?) of torpor and inertia, and need Se to crack skulls, chew gum, and kick ass.

I think any super-id element can be a reward or a motivator, that's why I avoided saying "Ni needs Se to motivate it". Also, I'd expect Si-egos to be touchy-feely (best misusage of a term ever, imo) in an affectionate way. I understand that Se types are less this, and more the other sort of physical.

Also, if you're N and T, you're inherently S- and F-seeking. It's just that elements of opposite attitude will go about doing their thing (physical contact/determining the status of the relationship/grocery shopping/fending off zombies) differently.

This is my understanding at the moment.