Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI my family

Not many great pictures of him, so we'll have to make due

direct linking the last one for large filesize, also shirtless
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/PICT0128.jpg
    Last edited by Galen; 09-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe ego.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could believe ENFj.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got a description of your father? How is your relationship with him?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Got a description of your father? How is your relationship with him?
    Oh boy do I have a description:

1. From my perspective, he seems to have weird mood swings: one second he's neutral/happy, then if he's aggravated a flit of anger shoots across his face and his voice turns harsh, and ten seconds later he's forgotten all about it. This is probably what turns me off the most from him, because I feel so overwhelmed to do everything the exact way he wants something to be done.

2. He loves to have company over, often inviting his friends to dinner and music-playing without informing the rest of the family beforehand.

3. His life's philosophy is "eating is the most personal thing anyone can do," and loves to celebrate with a meal; even though he often expresses concern about money, he will be very willing to splurge on good food.

4. My mom, and IXFp (probably N) used to argue with him a lot when I was a kid, often resulting in him crying and leaving the house for a while. They've since worked things out though, but I still see a bit of tension.

5. He loves to be in nature and goes hiking very regularly. When I was a kid all of our vacations were to campsites and national parks like Yosemite and Death Valley. My mom and I have since lost interest in such activities, but he and my brother still go fairly often.

6. To me, he also seems too touchy-feely for a father to be, not afraid to show his affection with a hug or a sappy compliment. This tends to bug the crap out of me, I tend to say "don't touch me" over and over in my head when he does something like that.

7. When in conversation, I often find that I have to strain myself in order to follow what he's saying. He often talks about people I've never met in a fashion that leads me to believe that he thinks I know those people intimately. He also seems very business-oriented, something I can't really relate to. When discussing matters of business he's very helpful and insightful, but at other times I find him selfish in conversation.

8. Often times he will ask me questions about personal preference such as "do you like x" or "are you prone to eating x" (more commonly the latter question). The trouble with this is that 'x' tends to be the same things over and over again, like mushrooms or tomatoes. As such, I get the impression that he doesn't particularly care enough about me to remember personal aspects about me. Combine this with point 6 and I come to a cynical result that the overt-sentimentality is just an act he puts on to pretend that he cares about me when in fact he doesn't care about me as the whole person that I am.

So yes, I do not hold my father in very high opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type do you think you are?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    what type do you think you are?
    For a while I've considered myself to be EII, although I fit in with a lot of my alpha acquaintances pretty well. From people on here I've gotten (in order of likeliness) ILI, IEI, ILE, and LSI, and one of my friends thinks I'm LII. Regardless of that, I had an idea that my dad was LSE, which would make me definitely not EII.

EDIT: Then again, I don't believe myself to have met a true LSE so I can't say for sure.
    Last edited by Galen; 09-22-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double-post for

9. He sleeps naked. That in and of itself isn't type related, but he just really enjoys nudity. I've seen his penis more than any son should ever see his father fully clothed. I've caught him sitting in the dining room with no lights on, watching the Democratic National Convention whilst completely in the nude. And he had the gaul, the audacity to say 'hi' to me, as if there was no issue at all. The following night I saw him doing the dishes sans clothing at 10:30 at night. I told my mom about these episodes, to which she responded that she's tried to get him to wear clothes when he goes to sleep, but apparently he became very indignent and 'crabby' when approached about the subject. As such, nobody confronts him about it anymore.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see your dad being LSE, based on what you've said, Arctures. Clearly Si-valuing, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    3. His life's philosophy is "eating is the most personal thing anyone can do," and loves to celebrate with a meal; even though he often expresses concern about money, he will be very willing to splurge on good food.

5. He loves to be in nature and goes hiking very regularly. When I was a kid all of our vacations were to campsites and national parks like Yosemite and Death Valley. My mom and I have since lost interest in such activities, but he and my brother still go fairly often.

6. To me, he also seems too touchy-feely for a father to be, not afraid to show his affection with a hug or a sappy compliment. This tends to bug the crap out of me, I tend to say "don't touch me" over and over in my head when he does something like that.
    Those things point toward Si-valuing to me.

8. Often times he will ask me questions about personal preference such as "do you like x" or "are you prone to eating x" (more commonly the latter question). The trouble with this is that 'x' tends to be the same things over and over again, like mushrooms or tomatoes. As such, I get the impression that he doesn't particularly care enough about me to remember personal aspects about me. Combine this with point 6 and I come to a cynical result that the overt-sentimentality is just an act he puts on to pretend that he cares about me when in fact he doesn't care about me as the whole person that I am.
    The fact that you feel his "over-sentimentality" is just an act could correlate well with LSE's Role-Fe. He feels an obligation to display emotion and sentiment, even though doesn't necessarily want to.

7. When in conversation, I often find that I have to strain myself in order to follow what he's saying. He often talks about people I've never met in a fashion that leads me to believe that he thinks I know those people intimately. He also seems very business-oriented, something I can't really relate to. When discussing matters of business he's very helpful and insightful, but at other times I find him selfish in conversation.
    The business-oriented manner is a stereotypically Te thing. And talking about strangers as if you know them could indicate very weak Fi -- he's not very aware of relationships in general. LSEs have 1-dimensional Fi.

Based on your description, I would say that LSE is a pretty good bet.

9. He sleeps naked. That in and of itself isn't type related, but he just really enjoys nudity. I've seen his penis more than any son should ever see his father fully clothed. I've caught him sitting in the dining room with no lights on, watching the Democratic National Convention whilst completely in the nude. And he had the gaul, the audacity to say 'hi' to me, as if there was no issue at all. The following night I saw him doing the dishes sans clothing at 10:30 at night. I told my mom about these episodes, to which she responded that she's tried to get him to wear clothes when he goes to sleep, but apparently he became very indignent and 'crabby' when approached about the subject. As such, nobody confronts him about it anymore.
    Hahaha, that's hilarious!

How old are you, Arctures? You sound like a teenager who's still living at home.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy do I have a description:

1. From my perspective, he seems to have weird mood swings: one second he's neutral/happy, then if he's aggravated a flit of anger shoots across his face and his voice turns harsh, and ten seconds later he's forgotten all about it. This is probably what turns me off the most from him, because I feel so overwhelmed to do everything the exact way he wants something to be done.

2. He loves to have company over, often inviting his friends to dinner and music-playing without informing the rest of the family beforehand.

4. My mom, and IXFp (probably N) used to argue with him a lot when I was a kid, often resulting in him crying and leaving the house for a while. They've since worked things out though, but I still see a bit of tension.

So yes, I do not hold my father in very high opinion.
    Ethical + Si-valuing = Delta NF or Alpha SF (but, probably the latter, if his emphasis on Si is strong). Let me ask you this: is he often of high-spirits, trying to lighten the mood or are his emotions more deep and sentimental?

EDIT: I now think Delta NF, because of the business-oriented approach (green), but I think it would still be helpful if you could answer my question (if possible).

Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 09-25-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Ethical + Si-valuing = Delta NF or Alpha SF (but, probably the latter, if his emphasis on Si is strong). Let me ask you this: is he often of high-spirits, trying to lighten the mood or are his emotions more deep and sentimental?

EDIT: I now think Delta NF, because of the business-oriented approach (green), but I think it would still be helpful if you could answer my question (if possible).

Jason
    You make some good points. Knowing Arctures' type would really help, as well.

Arctures: what are some of the things you like about your dad (if any). That might help identify some valued functions in common, if there are any.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL.

He sounds pretty cool to me. Strong Si, or at least strongly values Si.

I'm going with ESE.

Also, what does his shirt say in that top photo?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    How old are you, Arctures? You sound like a teenager who's still living at home.
    Pretty close, I was home from college for the summer until monday. I am 20 years of age, will be 21 in January.

Arctures: what are some of the things you like about your dad (if any). That might help identify some valued functions in common, if there are any.
    er well uhh hmm let me see
    I guess I can appreciate his insight into the business world once in a while, when the air is serious and I'm discussing my future. But he tends to take his controlling business attitude way too far. For example:

10. When preparing to move down to Santa Barbara for college, he offered to help me look through a bunch of boxes upstairs for cooking supplies. I took the help, knowing I would need as much of it as I could. Now, we have a lot of boxes, lots of them consisting of my mom's books (although she likes to claim that dad hoards most of the stuff, which may very well be true). We went through about five boxes when he got angry about something regarding organization, and suddenly the project turned into an "organize everything" one. I find this to be a pattern of his, where even when someone else is trying to get a task done, like storage or soldering something or hammering out a contract, he takes it upon himself to jump in and do it because he believes that nobody else can "do it correctly".

Let me ask you this: is he often of high-spirits, trying to lighten the mood or are his emotions more deep and sentimental?
    I would say definitely more sentimental about his feelings. He'll throw in a bad joke every once in a while, but he gravitates to a more subdued nature when discussing his feelings about things.

You make some good points. Knowing Arctures' type would really help, as well.
    As previously mentioned, this topic is under great debate. If he is in fact LSE, then my conception of myself being EII is in big jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Also, what does his shirt say in that top photo?
    "186,000 miles per Second.
    It's not just a good thing, it's the law."

I'll admit that one's kinda clever.
    Last edited by Galen; 09-25-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: split infinitive

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well part of your problem with him is probably an issue of your age. It's time for you to become completely independent, but it's hard for parents to let that go.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well part of your problem with him is probably an issue of your age. It's time for you to become completely independent, but it's hard for parents to let that go.
    That may very well be. But I've had issues with my dad ever since I was a child. One day he just out-right asked me "why don't you like me?" The only answer I could say was "I don't know" when what I really wanted to say "I only know you as an angry person."

If it helps any, I have a little story about my experience with his Si:

11. One day as a child I was throwing a tantrum about something, God knows what. My dad saw me visibly upset, so he said "have some ice cream, it'll make you feel better." And my only mental response to that was "why?" My conception was that ice cream doesn't solve problems, it only masks problems without ridding the cause. I guess this is the point where I found that he eats emotionally. My mom can attest to that theory too.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like an ESE way to handle a problem. Though LSEs might do the same. I think maybe you don't value Si, and that's part of the problem. Maybe you're ILI?
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like an ESE way to handle a problem. Though LSEs might do the same. I think maybe you don't value Si, and that's part of the problem. Maybe you're ILI?
    Could be! I do often ignore my body's signals for the sake of doing something I'm engaged in. Although maybe if I better understood the socionic idea of "to be healthy" I'd have a much more valid input.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could still be a Fe/Fi conflict that overshadows any Si/Ne relation, maybe his dad is just a bastard or it could be a subtype thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    It could still be a Fe/Fi conflict that overshadows any Si/Ne relation, maybe his dad is just a bastard or it could be a subtype thing.
    Yes, it could be lots of things. I was suggesting one possibility to consider.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say definitely more sentimental about his feelings. He'll throw in a bad joke every once in a while, but he gravitates to a more subdued nature when discussing his feelings about things.
    I would guess Delta. (In fact, Delta NF.) Would agree that he is more of a feeling than a logical person?

Jason

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds ESE to me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with redbaron.

ESFj. Touchy feely for a man, an INFp made him cry and feel insecure. Loves having people over, soooo ESFj you know?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh wow. LMAO. Man, do you really want to share this stuff to strangers online about him? I'm just saying lol.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Oh wow. LMAO. Man, do you really want to share this stuff to strangers online about him? I'm just saying lol.
    Well it's not as if I'm sharing embarrassing information about myself. And I doubt anybody on this forum will ever meet him, so I see this as a safe place to disclose that kind of info (fingers crossed D:). The main point of that story was about him getting pissy when confronted about it though; it's also a great excuse to tell a story.

ESE does seem like a fitting choice I suppose, and if I am in fact EII then saying we have a mirage relationship seems pretty accurate to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha your dad is hilarious. however, bad for you. i don't know what type. i don't think ESE as ESE's are the sort who will remember lots of shit about you and keep up with your daily dares. I would guess ENFp or ENTp
    asd

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think ESE, because of his apparent mode of emoting, but I could be wrong. This would be the biggest clue: it's clear that he values Si, but is he good at using it? Is he very talented at cooking, art, music, etc. (i.e., anything involving the senses)?

Jason

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think ESE, because of his apparent mode of emoting, but I could be wrong. This would be the biggest clue: it's clear that he values Si, but is he good at using it? Is he very talented at cooking, art, music, etc. (i.e., anything involving the senses)?

Jason
    I know that he's a very skilled flutist. I'm a picky eater so I can't say too much about his cooking, but people seem to enjoy his food a lot. So yes, I would say he's very adept with his Si.

Actually come to think of it, the only time where we really get along is when we're making food.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that he's a very skilled flutist. I'm a picky eater so I can't say too much about his cooking, but people seem to enjoy his food a lot. Actually, the only time where we really get along is when we're making food.
    Okay, I buy ESE.

Jason

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look your dad in the eye and say, 'dad, i wholly accept you,' and get completely naked in front of him without breaking eye contact during your unclothing. that'll teach him a lesson about being naked in the house.
    asd

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    look your dad in the eye and say, 'dad, i wholly accept you,' and get completely naked in front of him without breaking eye contact during your unclothing. that'll teach him a lesson about being naked in the house.
    ROFL

And I bet it would work!
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my take, a la, Ne:

dad: ESE
    you: ILI

alpha-gamma interaction, conflict relation.

i can't really see a delta hangin out naked like that.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression of him is Delta NF.

I also don't think you're an EII. I'm not sure where you're reading this stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    my take, a la, Ne:

dad: ESE
    you: ILI

alpha-gamma interaction, conflict relation.

i can't really see a delta hangin out naked like that.
    i think it's entirely possible. europe? norway? super delta, public nudity accepted. anyway, public nudity is probably different between quadra. say beta ' look i'm naked haha' whereas delta says 'i don't want to wear clothes, it also doesn't matter who looks at me.' deltas do a lot of the same things as betas, just much less ostentatiously.
    asd

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you terrify me so

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I also don't think you're an EII. I'm not sure where you're reading this stuff.
    internet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you terrify me so
    cause i'm a scary grownup! . . !! .1!
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's entirely possible. europe? norway? super delta, public nudity accepted. anyway, public nudity is probably different between quadra. say beta ' look i'm naked haha' whereas delta says 'i don't want to wear clothes, it also doesn't matter who looks at me.' deltas do a lot of the same things as betas, just much less ostentatiously.
    i could see europe. not the usa though. not the ones i know by any stretch.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

internet
    You can probably be a bit more specific. If there is anything you could say about yourself that contributes to Socionics Fi, go right ahead. If you're still quite unsure, then there's no need to rush to any conclusions.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can probably be a bit more specific. If there is anything you could say about yourself that contributes to Socionics Fi, go right ahead. If you're still quite unsure, then there's no need to rush to any conclusions.
    This thread is about my dad, not me
    I still have a thread devoted to typing me on the front of the Type Me forum if you wish to bump it.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is about your dad. I said he's probably a Delta NF. If you want to talk more about Fi and what you're reading which fits you on the internet, then all I am saying is feel free to, as I'm curious to know more about how you relate to the system. I definitely think Ti fits you well from what I'm reading. EII does seem off, and I wouldn't use that typing as a measure to type people via relations. So direct your thoughts to your original thread then, whenever that may be.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is about your dad. I said he's probably a Delta NF. If you want to talk more about Fi and what you're reading which fits you on the internet, then all I am saying is feel free to, as I'm curious to know more about how you relate to the system. I definitely think Ti fits you well. EII does seem off. So direct your thoughts to your original thread then, whenever that may be.
    Alright then, here goes. I'll probably confuse Fi with Fe at several points, so please bear with me.

I feel that I am far too sympathetic and emotional of a person to be Ti ego. Whenever my friends are down, I always try to give them moral support and advice. I'm easily moved by the plights of others, and can't help but to put myself in his or her shoes. When I come to understand my true feelings about another person, it's incredibly difficult for those feelings to change, as I've come to understand from attempted romantic relationships. As a possible contrast to Fe, such feelings towards people or things can still easily remain in place without any sort of obvious conveyance of passions or expression.

You probably don't see me as Fi because I don't see the internet as a community that readily accepts Fi. When I was younger I had experiences where I expressed my inner thoughts about things like "what making music is all about", and I was immediately shot down as whiny and pretentious. As such, I try to stay as objective and logical as I can when on forums of any kind. Even so, trying to justify logically the idea that I lead with Fi is a strain for me; not because I don't think I lead with it, but because I'm afraid that there will be some misphrased or poorly constructed argument on my part, or even worse that I misunderstand the functions, which will then cause further inquisition into my personality, requiring me to explain myself more and more until I give up and concede defeat.

And if you still think I have Se creative, if you still think I'm LSI as I think you did in the past, know that I hate confrontation. Even things like constructive criticism I dread to some extent. I always see and have always seen applications of force a threat upon my person and refuse to respond to aggression or anger.

ugh this post took me hours to write, so this better as hell get it right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast