Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Differences between EII-INFj and IEE-ENFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between EII-INFj and IEE-ENFp

How would I know ENFp (NeFi) from INFj (FiNe) if I met one? How would I know them if we were out with a group of friends? What if it was a group of strangers? How would they be different in workplace? (add here whatever other forms of interaction comes to mind).

Any opinions on this one? Try to dig to the essence of this. Not superficial comments like "the amount of friends" or something. I want MORE!

If possible analyse the cases of intuitive and ethic subtypes separately! So there are four cases to analyse: ENFP(intuitive), ENFp(ethical), INFj(intuitive), INFj(ethical).

I could have put this in Delta but I thought this one would be better to share here. I'm really interested so please share your knowledge with me!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering about this myself, esp. about the difference between EN(F)p and I(N)Fj.

The only thing I've come up with so far is doing it the simple, old-fashioned, yucky MBTI kind of way: by trying to find out if you're E or I, and J or P. This website has a kind of checklist for Extraversion/Introversion and for Judging/Perceiving.

I'm not really happy with that method, though. It's a bit vague.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some observations:

EII's tend to be more supportive and respond positively to other's initiative. IEE's are often indifferent to other's initiative (because they want to be the first to take initiative).

IEE's fear boredom and are constantly on the lookout for new objects (sources of information, people, situations) to satisfy their curiosity. You can recognize this trait by the fact that they rarely get completedly absorbed in any situation; their eye movements betray this -- scanning the room they're in instead of looking only at the people they're talking to. Also, they tend to jump in and out of conversation, entering when something catches their interest and then dropping out to reflect on something.

EII's are steadier in social situations and seem to get more absorbed in communication. They have less active eye movements and focus on listening carefully and sticking to the topic. They don't usually drop in and out like IEE's do, but are able to maintain a steady conversation with less fluctuation for a long time.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is an INFj.

I am very expressive when I speak both in tone of voice and in hand movements. My sister speaks in not quite a monotone but not far off it. Also, I laugh out loud at jokes I find funny and she smiles and nods.

I'm not particularly concerned about clothing but my sister is *very* concerned about her appearance and spends a lot of time on it. I don't know if that's a type thing or what.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I'm not particularly concerned about clothing but my sister is *very* concerned about her appearance and spends a lot of time on it. I don't know if that's a type thing or what.
    That is related to + , that is, short-range . For her it's part of her PoLR. For you it's part of your role function (together with - ).

So she basically over-compensates for her weakness in evaluating her own appeareance.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's some real life observations. I've noticed that I can inadvertantly be a mood-killer. People seem to clean up their language, and start acting more proper and subdued when I'm around. I don't know why. I try not to have that effect.
    I have definitely noticed that in some EII's. I believe it can be very attractive to -types.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to sum this up:

INFJs have short-range Se as PoLR --> dress very carefully. ENFps don't pay as much attention to their appearance.

INFJs are not very expressive of their emotions. They smile where ENFPs would laugh out loud. ENFPs are very expressive when they speak (tone of voice, gestures, movements).

INFjs are good listeners. They look people into the eyes and can focus on them for a long time. They also stay on topic for longer. People are likely to open up to INFJs and tell them their life-stories.
    ENFps never get completely absorbed in any situation, since they're constantly on the lookout for something new and exciting (low boredom threshhold). When listening to someone, ENFPs don't focus only on whoever is talking to them; they also look at the room. They're also not as good at staying on topic. Sometimes they jump into a conversation when it becomes interesting to them, and drop out of it again to reflect on something.

INFJs are more supportive than ENFPs when others take the initiative.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the subtypes, my guess is that there's a kind of scale involved, like this:
    • IN(F)j --> I(N)Fj --> EN(F)p --> E(N)Fp

Able to focus, doesn't show emotions -----> fidgety, expressive
      Fussy about own appearance ----> doesn't give a damn

I'm EN(F)p. Do we have any more of those, and also some I(N)Fjs? Those two subtypes are the closest together as far as functions are concerned. So trying to find out the difference between those two will show us where the dividing line between the two types is. Unless I'm totally mistaken, of course.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on that, I'd be an E(N)Fp
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Here's some real life observations. I've noticed that I can inadvertantly be a mood-killer. People seem to clean up their language, and start acting more proper and subdued when I'm around. I don't know why. I try not to have that effect.
    I have definitely noticed that in some EII's. I believe it can be very attractive to -types.
    Yes it is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is.
    Why? What about it is attractive to you?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is.
    Why? What about it is attractive to you?
    I thought you could tell me, since you pointed it out - -

For me, the effect Diana described is attractive because it reduces irrationality in the surroundings.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can try, but I thought it'd be cooler if you described it .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can try, but I thought it'd be cooler if you described it .
    I dislike irrationality, what others might describe as "being spontaneous". For me that is one of the major aspects of my bad relationships with some XXXp types. I deeply dislike that "mood" where someone will just burst into song, just say whatever silly joke just crossed their mind, or whatever. So if someone has the effect of making people "act more proper and subdued", as Diana described, I'm grateful.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many LSE's I know also have this thing about 'irrationality' (but not in the socionics sense). They would like the world to be properly ordered, with each person doing rational things, rationally expending their energy and resources, etc. in a way that promotes the order and well-being of society. EII's like Diana described seem like pillars of order in a crazy and imperfect society (it's funny, but looking at many LSE's, you often wouldn't guess that they dream of order and subduedness). In addition, such EII's are people you can 'confess' your subjective sentiments to and rid yourself of negative emotions that tend build up in LSE's.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's the same for me as for the LSEs you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I've noticed that I can inadvertantly be a mood-killer. People seem to clean up their language, and start acting more proper and subdued when I'm around.
    My interpretation of what Diana said here is that her presence acts as a check on excessive socionics irrationality, in very short-term, immediate situations. I wish I could learn this trick.

[LSEs] would like the world to be properly ordered, with each person doing rational things, rationally expending their energy and resources, etc. in a way that promotes the order and well-being of society.
    Yes, but LSEs do that in an "accountant" manner. They tend to think that the way to reach proper efficiency is to improve the way things are being managed. That sounds too detail-oriented for LIEs.

That is why the way I related to what you said about was in the sense of socionics irrationality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good answers everyone! I'm pretty convinced that I'm E(N)Fp. I hope I can stick with this type at least for some time At the moment I feel pretty zen. So, sorry all other ENFps...It seems we are not duals after all But no worries, I still like you And ISTps prepare yourself...a new ENFp is in dA hOuSe and ready to eNtErTaIn YoU

P.S. I have been hanging in another forum for a week or so. I wanted to make people type me without me affecting the process so I didn't claim to be any type. Their immediate impression was xxFP...then ExFP...and pretty soon ENFP. And I didn't do aything to encourage them to choose that type! This is semi-scientific proof or something Well it was an MBTI forum but still...the main functions are NeFi anyways.

P.S.2 Is Transigent now really an INTj and my supervisor No wonder I piss him off lately. And now half the forum supervises me or something...dang. But the best part is I am benefactor to FDG and Expat

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interpretation of what Diana said here is that her presence acts as a check on excessive socionics irrationality, in very short-term, immediate situations. I wish I could learn this trick.
    Hahaha, I only know of ways of putting a check on excessive rationality... look as amorphous as possible, respond to questions in as roundabout a way as possible and many seconds after they are asked, and look like you've got some physical discomfort inside that you're trying to get rid of .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good answers everyone! I'm pretty convinced that I'm E(N)Fp. I hope I can stick with this type at least for some time At the moment I feel pretty zen. So, sorry all other ENFps...It seems we are not duals after all But no worries, I still like you And ISTps prepare yourself...a new ENFp is in dA hOuSe and ready to eNtErTaIn YoU
    Oh no, all it takes is for someone to decide they're ENFP, and suddenly out come all these smileys :wink: . Xox has finally found his/her "inner child"... .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trans and Rick you are putting me down You are making me have doubts again... Stop it already! I won't go back to being ISTp. It is just not me. I always felt like I only relate to part of the descriptions and I am somehow a failed ISTp for not being fully what I was "supposed" to be like. I won't stop being ENFp until someone can make a better case for some other type! I don't want to be typeless!!! It bugs me like nothing else I know the ethical subtype of ENFp is not much like me but the E(N)Fp description is very very accurate. I don't know how reliable the subtype description is but it is interesting how well it seems to match. So you can suck my mood ring for being such doubters!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I wasn't putting you down, just noting all the smileys that suddenly appeared. I didn't mean to doubt your conclusions.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that too. It's cute.

XoX, you're from Finland, right? Could that be one of the reasons you were a bit unsure of how to type yourself? Most type descriptions on the internet are from the USA or from Russia, and perhaps those countries are a bit more extraverted than Finland is. Where I come from, being introverted is seen as something positive, and that makes our own extraverted types less zany and head-in-the-clouds than those in the American type descriptions. So perhaps you weren't introverted at all, just Finnish? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Most type descriptions on the internet are from the USA or from Russia, and perhaps those countries are a bit more extraverted than Finland is.
    So perhaps you weren't introverted at all, just Finnish? :wink:
    Good point I think I am extroverted. I am always in the state of minor confusion of what I REALLY REALLY think but currently I have a strong sense of being extrovert in the way socionics defines it. And yes, in Finland being "too extroverted" is not good. You might end up not be taken seriously. I have seen this happening for example when a foreign lecturer (American, English for example) comes here and tries to keep a very "entertaining" lecture. The end result is often that he is perceived as an "entertainer" and not someone with a serious message. Italian introvert might easily be more outgoing and talkative than Finnish extrovert

About my type...I read about Ti and Te...In the end I might use Ti more than I know. This doesn't mean I'm not ENFp. It doesn't mean I'm not ISTp. But could I REALLY be ENTp or INTj/ISTj/ESTp or just someone who uses Ti occasionally...aaaargh

A quick poll: Who do you relate more in this discussion Chris (Te king) or Pat (Ti? or just anti-Te?) or neither. This is supposed to be a good example of how Te people use Te to set the rules and dominate discussions without actually analysing anything. Do you think this example is good or too simplistic? (Edit: this is not created by me, found it in the web and just copy-pasted it here)

Chris: "SPECIES CANNOT EVOLVE FROM OTHER SPECIES!! LIKE BEGETS LIKE!!! THAT IS A LAW OF NATURE!!!"

Pat: "To see how species can give rise to new species, consider the fact that offspring are not identical to their parents: there is always some slight variation. And consider the fact that unchecked population growth is exp--"

Chris: "VARIATION YES, BUT THEY ARE STILL OF THE SAME KIND!!! LIKE BEGETS LIKE!!! THAT IS A LAW OF NATURE!!!"

Pat: "If all the offspring survive and their offspring survive, and so on, the population will soon exceed the capacity of the environment to support them all: food, water, space, etc. So a great many of them will die, and--"

Chris: "YES MANY OF THE OFFSPRING DIE. DYING DOES NOT !!!CREATE!!! A NEW SPECIES!! THAT IS LOGICALLY OBVIOUS!!! THAT DOES NOT REFUTE LIKE BEGETS LIKE!!!"

Pat: "If you consider that the children's genes are not exact copies of the parents', you can see evidence of a family-tree relationship among species. Species that diverged from a common ancestor more recently would tend to have more of their genes in common. The fact that humans and chimpanzees have about 98% of their genes in common suggests that--"

Chris: "A CLOUD IS 100% WATER AND A WATERMELON IS 98% WATER. DOES THAT PROVE THAT CLOUDS AND WATERMELONS WERE BORN FROM A COMMON ANCESTOR?"

Pat: "Of course not. You also have to consider the way inheritance works and how there is always selective pressure on a population. You can't expect to understand evolution by taking each fact out of context!"

Chris: "HA HA!! YOU LOSE!!! YOU CAN'T REFUTE MY ARGUMENT!!!"

P.S. Hugs and kisses to Transigent :/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Christ, now I understand how I come off to other people HAHAHAHA

Anyway, Matti, I've always thought about you as an F type!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    That is NOT a comment about my logical analysis (in)abilities is it? I try to take it more as a compliment though it could be understood in more than one way

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    That is NOT a comment about my logical analysis (in)abilities is it? I try to take it more as a compliment though it could be understood in more than one way
    No. I've noticed that every time two people started to argue on the chat, you tried to keep "harmony". I wasn't referring to your logic at all.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    No. I've noticed that every time two people started to argue on the chat, you tried to keep "harmony". I wasn't referring to your logic at all.
    I know You are too nice to be mean, hehe. But that is a good point. I sometimes get heated up enough to become argumentative but usually I dislike conflict especially if it gets "emotional" in any way. Conflicts in my environment can make me really tense inside. If it goes on too long I get really irritated and stressed. I somehow internalize all negative vibes even if I'm not directly involved.

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spotting IEEs and EIIs

I dont think I know any IEEs and just one EII, but being new to this I'm not exactly sure if I got it right. I know there is no well defined list of things to look for, but I'm curious as to what can tip me off as to whether someone is IEE or EII.
    Meh.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look for me, I'll be around them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random traits that come to my mind...

IEE: open minded, mild, flexible, good listener, fun to be around, messy, unrealiable, two-faced, funny

EII: quiet, shy, original, demanding, dependable, dutiful, distrustful
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know enough about how Fe valuing people and Fi valuing people act, then it should be easier to know what they are NOT like.

Granted, the Ne subtypes of both IEE and EII might seem more alpha, but the Fi subtypes generally have a subdued emotional form of expression.

The delta NFs generally dislike any sort of crudeness particularly in dealing with others.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Some random traits that come to my mind...

IEE: open minded, mild, flexible, good listener, fun to be around, messy, unrealiable, two-faced, funny

EII: quiet, shy, original, demanding, dependable, dutiful, distrustful
    I at least find the negative ones for ENFp to be a little too stereotyped. I know my strengths and weaknesses, and being unreliable isn't a weakness of mine, and two-faced is stretching it as well.

ENFps like to come up with ideas, wild and imaginative ones that they don't mind sounding silly or illogical, when they are in a group of people they are comfortable with. For me personally, I seem to always stand out even when I don't mean to, though I'm not really a loud person. Most people I know tell me I have a calming presence, even though I'm an upbeat person. I think it stems from having this open-minded and accepting demeanor. One way someone could tell my type is confront me with , and I think this is the same for all ENFps. I can slightly handle better in a short amount of time, because a lot of my friends are Alphas and I got used to it, but I'll never get used to . I get defensive or find it inappropriate, sometimes I'll physically wince when there's large amount of unwanted & around.

Oh yeah, once I'm started, I never shut up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    ENFps like to come up with ideas, wild and imaginative ones that they don't mind sounding silly or illogical, when they are in a group of people they are comfortable with. For me personally, I seem to always stand out even when I don't mean to, though I'm not really a loud person. Most people I know tell me I have a calming presence, even though I'm an upbeat person. I think it stems from having this open-minded and accepting demeanor. One way someone could tell my type is confront me with , and I think this is the same for all ENFps. I can slightly handle better in a short amount of time, because a lot of my friends are Alphas and I got used to it, but I'll never get used to . I get defensive or find it inappropriate, sometimes I'll physically wince when there's large amount of unwanted & around.

Oh yeah, once I'm started, I never shut up
    ENFPs have a Ti PoLR, right? What does a Ti conversation sound like to you?
    Meh.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever there's involved, at least with my friends, it's concerning some sort of debate or discussion, and I feel left out because I'm not confident enough that my random babblings are thought out well enough for such conversation. A lot of the time, my ENTp best friend tells me I take things too personally or I'm too arbitrary with situations. I tend to want to "peace-make" or come to agreements or common ground, and I'm a little put off by the need of people to "be right" more then to have a pleasant conversation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps are hard to sum up because of all of the contradictions (outgoing yet quiet, bold yet timid, etc.) So some examples of people I think are ENFps...(this is my opinion of course. But of course I think I'm right!

Nelly Furtado (she's prob an Ne subtype, which comes across as more "serious" and less "sensitive")

Guy from foo fighters (main singer). This guy reminds me of every male ENFp I've known.

(here we have the dreamy sentimental aspect of Fi.) Ignore how he looks slightly creepy here (not an ENFp trait. He's prob Fi subtype I'm guessing).

(and ENFp other traits)

Jennifer Love Hewitt

(notice how she calls the joke "innapropriate" instead of making a come back, fi vs. fe, and also see how she gets uncomfortable w/ the raunchy humor.)

Ellen Degeneres

OK, so here is a clip of Health Ledger (who I think is ISTp) and Ellen, who I think is ENFp

Katharine Hepburn under stress (we can get a bit demanding).

(she is somewhat annoying here, I admit, but I've done similar things when for example, wanting to make sure something was done "right" quickly)

The little mermaid

Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I couldn't really grasp anything from the music videos, but the interviews helped a little. I think I may have known an ENFP girl in high school. At first she would always start off the conversations, completely looking over the awkwardness I exuded. She always seemed really happy and warm, a little unsure about her academic ability though. The only thing I recall that ever made her mad was when someone called her an airhead. Sometimes she could be completely random, and if it was silent for too long she would bust out with something like "Hey! Lets go ______!". She also tried to help me out socially, I guess only because she wanted to. I'm fully aware that I could still be wrong on this.

Still nothing on EIIs though. For some reason I'm imagining a librarian whenever I think of them lol
    Meh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Name View Post
    Still nothing on EIIs though. For some reason I'm imagining a librarian whenever I think of them lol
    I am NOT a librarian... though I am very fond of reading.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a couple of EII's for you to check out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7stIyIAbM]YouTube - David Duchovny - [Jun-2001] - interview (part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAMlApGfck]YouTube - ? DIANE LANE, RICHARD GERE.." Funny interview Nights in Rodanthe[/ame]

hope it helps
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so basically I would say INFjs are mostly concerned with their relationships with people and what people do to them that violates the right psychological distance. They comment on people's characters trying to understand people's unethical behavior and where it's coming from. Investigate human nature. They help out a friend and are always there to listen.. Some can be quite delicate.. They have a goofy side but it's not always apparent. The goofiness comes and goes in splashes..

ENFPs can be charmers. Sometimes seem juvenile, at other times very insightful and mature, can have an instant understanding on a person's character. They love to chill and have fun. Love to investigate on anything that captures their interest. Can zealously work on something but tire of it after a while. Don't like feeling constrained and appreciate their freedom. They appreciate environments where people have the freedom to be themselves.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    IEEs also are very concerned about the future, many I know have somehow a fear of it, males are usually survivalist.
    I love the future i am always dreaming of what it could bring. Funnily enough i know an INFj who believes a nuclear war is coming. He has bought all these survival books and has actually planned where he would go when it starts lol.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast