Thread: Katee Sackhoff

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Katee Sackhoff

Katee Sackhoff:

SLE-Se of the extremely obvious kind. And the Leoben guy is a pretty obvious IEI-Ni. [I think Helo might be SLI (if not SLE)]. Lee Adama may be ESE; or Beta (NF? IEI?). Admiral Bill Adama and President Laura Roslin are Beta (or Gamma) Rationals (most likely LSI and EIE). Colonel Tigh is LSE (or Beta ST/SLE-Ti). And I think Kara's mother Socrata may have been ESI (?).

Here is my current typing of Katee Sackhoff (although I'm not entirely confident about it):

ESTp --- --- Conqueror
    using 2 subtypes: Sensory Conqueror (Se-ESTp)
    using 4 subtypes: Creative Conqueror (C-ESTp)
    using 8 subtypes: Volitional Conqueror (Se-ESTp)
    using 16 subtypes: Outspoken/Lovable (or "Leading") Conqueror (ESTp-ESFp)

Here are some pictures:

http://collider.com/uploads/imageGal...e_sackhoff.jpg

http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/a...e_sackhoff.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/se...ance_20855.jpg

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/un.../06/katee1.jpg

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...khoff-new1.jpg

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/pho...e_sackhoff.jpg

Here are some quotes from (the re-imagined) Battlestar Galactica [Katee Sackhoff portrayed the character of Captain Kara "Starbuck" Thrace]:

- from Episode No. 8 (Flesh and Bone); written by Toni Graphia, directed by Brad Turner:

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Now, if you were human you'd be just about ready to start offering up some false information about the location of the nuke. Some tiny thing that might get you a reward, and maybe spare you a few minutes of this. But then, I keep forgetting you're not human. You're a machine.

Leoben: I am more...than you could ever imagine. I am God.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace [laughs]: I'm sorry. You're God?
    Wow. Nice to meet you. That's good. That's good...We'll give you a couple of minutes with that.

Leoben: It's funny, isn't it? We're all God, Starbuck. All of us. I see the love that binds all living things together.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Love? You don't even know what the word means.

Leoben: I know that God loved you more than all other living creatures, and you repaid his divine love with sin -- with hate, corruption, evil. So then he decided to create the Cylons.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: The gods had nothing to do with it. We created you. Us. It was a stupid, fracked-up decision, and we have paid for it. You slaughtered my entire civilization! That is sin! That is evil! And you are evil.

Leoben: Am I? I see the truths that float past you in the stream . . .

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Tell me where the warhead is.

Leoben: This is not your path, Starbuck. You have a different destiny.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Don't interrupt me. You see, I'm gonna dazzle you with my poor human brain. You see, I think that you're afraid. You're afraid that we're a long way from home. What if you don't transfer all the way back? What if when you die here, you really die? It's your chance to find out if you're really God...or just a bunch of circuits with a bad haircut.

Leoben: I'm not afraid of dying.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Somebody's programmed you with a fairytale of God...and streams, and life ever after. But somewhere in that hard drive that you call a brain is a beeping message: "Error, error. Does not compute. I don't have a soul. I have software. If I die, I'm gone."

Leoben: . . . I have a soul. I see patterns. I know you. You're damaged. You were born to a woman who believed that suffering was good for the soul, so you suffered. Your life is a testament to pain. Injuries. Accidents. Some inflicted upon others, others inflicted upon yourself. It surrounds you like a bubble. But it's not real, it's just.... It's just something she put in your head. It's something that you wanna believe because it means that you're the problem, not the world that you live in. You wanna believe it because it means that you're bad luck. You're like a cancer that needs to be removed. Because you hear her voice every day, and you want her to be right.

- from Episode No. 38 (Collaborators); written by Mark Verheiden, directed by Michael Rymer:

Sam: Hey, I quit because I'm not looking for ways to keep killing people!

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Well, I need this, Sam.

Sam: So what? Throwing a few people out of airlock is gonna make you feel better about yourself? Because, believe me, those aren't the people that kept you locked in that room.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: They'll do. And not just for me, but for every person we left back on that planet, because someone has got to pay. So you can either get with it or you can get lost.

Sam: Is that what you want, Kara? You want me to leave?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Look, Sam, I'm in a different place now. I don't know how else to explain it to you, but I got out of that cell, and it's like someone painted the world in different colors.
    And I look at you, and I want to tear your eyes out just for looking at me. I just want to hurt someone and it might as well be you. So you should probably go before that happens.

- from Episode No. 50 (Maelstrom); written by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle, directed by Michael Nankin:

Helo: You're up early.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You, too.

Helo: Yeah. Hera gets these nightmares. Wakes up crying and shaking. By the time we calm her down and get her back to sleep, I'm wide awake. All the crap she went through on New Caprica really left its mark on her.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Yeah, I know just how she feels. Wish you never would've showed me the picture of that frakking mandala. I dream about it and that bastard Leoben every gods-damned night. I feel like I'm losing my mind here.

Helo: You know, Kara, there's a psychiatrist aboard Inchon Velle. We've made an appointment for Hera. Maybe you should think about seeing her.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You kidding me? Most shrinks are more frakked up than their patients are.

Helo: You know, you might want to check out that oracle camped in Dogsville. People say she interprets dreams. Sees things in them. Predicts events.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I, uh, I can't sleep. Having these nightmares.

Oracle: About the Cylon. The one who held you captive on New Caprica, Leoben.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I know that he was just...

Oracle: He knows you better than you know yourself, Kara Thrace. He sees the truth about you. About your destiny.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You don't... Enough of that.
    The only destiny I have is as a world-class frak-up.

Oracle: Who hurts everyone she cares about. That was your mother's gift to you, wasn't it? You were born to a woman who believed suffering was good for the soul, so you suffered. Your life is a testament to pain. You want to believe it because it means that you're bad luck. You're like a cancer that needs to be removed. Because you hear her voice every day. And you want her to be right.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Somebody told you what Leoben said to me?

Oracle: Did you ever tell anyone about that?
    You learned the wrong lesson from your mother, Kara. You confused the messenger with the message. Your mother was trying to teach you something else.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You don't know crap about my mother.

Oracle: Leoben does. He sees the patterns. Sees how it all fits together.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Shut up.

Oracle: He's coming for you. Soon.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace [about to leave]: Shut the frak up.

Oracle: You can't stop him.
    And he will show you the way.

Sam: I'm on a shuttle in a half an hour. Ask for your leave and come with me. You could use the downtime.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: It sounds tempting.

Sam: So do it.
    No strings, okay? We don't even have to talk about our relationship.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I'll think about it.

Sam: Which means, "No."
    You know, I hate to say this. But that whack-job oracle, she's got a point. Your mother frakked up your head long before Leoben ever got to you.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: She was dealing with a lot, Sam. She told me that I was different from other kids. That I needed to be a warrior, like her. Taught me that fear gets you killed, and anger keeps you alive.

Sam: Well, she gave you plenty to be angry about, didn't she?
    Split your head open with a broomstick handle because you didn't make your bed?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I ever tell you how I got back at her?

Sam: No.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: During the first Cylon war, she was stationed with the first marines on Mehidra. Stinking jungles you wouldn't believe. Had this phobia of insects for the rest of her life. Hated the damn things. So I go out and I buy a bunch of rubber bugs and I slip into her closet and I put them all over her shoes.

Sam: And?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: She screamed her frakking head off.
    I go in, and she's trying to smash them with her shoes, but that's just making them bounce around even more.

Sam: You must have caught hell for that.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: She grabbed my hand, held it in the doorjamb and slammed the door.

Sam: Oh, frak me.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: It was worth it, though.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: So, what did the old man have to say about my combat report? Starbuck's finally gone off the deep end. Unfit for duty?

Lee "Apollo" Adama: He said I'm the CAG. It's my call.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Ah.
    And what do you say?

Lee "Apollo" Adama: Well, I say I'd trust your eyes over dradis any day of the week. Something could have been there and vanished in the cloud cover.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: So, you don't think I'm nuts?

Lee "Apollo" Adama: I didn't say that. You're a raving lunatic. As demented and deranged as the first day I met you.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: And you're a bastard.

Lee "Apollo" Adama: Look, stress has made us all twitchy. After what that Cylon put you through on New Caprica, you've had more than your share. Get some rest or you will start seeing things.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I'm not going back out there.
    I don't trust myself.

Lee "Apollo" Adama: Hmm. So trust me. I'll fly your wing.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace [scoffs]: The CAG flying my number two?

Lee "Apollo" Adama: Whatever it takes.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: How are things with you and Dee?

Lee "Apollo" Adama: Uh... You know. Good.
    No. Better than good. Best they've ever been.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I'm happy for you. Really.
    It's funny though, after all we've been through, we are right back where we started. You're CAG and I'm your hotshot problem pilot.

[both chuckle/laugh a bit]

I guess that's all we'll ever be now, huh?

Leoben: Rise and shine. We have a big day ahead of us.
    Come on.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I'm not here. I'm out cold. Or on a Cylon ship and you drugged me to play your frakking mind games.

Leoben: No games, Kara. That's not your destiny.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace [shatters vase against wall]: I write my own destiny.

Leoben: I didn't paint that symbol, Kara. You did. You saw it again. In the clouds. Didn't you? But you didn't tell anyone else. Because you're drawn to it. You feel its pull. You want to fly into it. You want to cross over. But you're afraid.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Afraid of what? A frakking cloud?

Leoben: Of the unknown. Death.
    All your high-wire stunts have been an act. Time after time, you skip to the edge of the abyss, then dance away again. But you've never really conquered your fear. You've been afraid. Ever since that day.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: What day?

Leoben: All of this has happened before and will happen again.

(Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and Leoben watching a scene play out from Kara's past with her mother)

(Knocking on door)

Socrata (Kara's mother): It's open.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: Hello, Mama.

Leoben: It's hard to believe it's only six years ago. You look so much younger.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I was.

Socrata (Kara's mother): So, you really did it. First person in the family to become an officer.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: What is the world coming to?

Socrata: Kara, they tell me that you're the best natural pilot they've ever seen.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: First time I got in that cockpit, I just felt like I belonged.

Socrata: All that natural ability, and still, you only graduated sixteenth in your class.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: Sixteenth out of 117 cadets, Mama.

Socrata: Why are you proud of that? You should have been number one.
    They tell me that you have left a trail of demerits from here to Aerilon. You're undisciplined, you have no respect for authority...

[Younger] Kara Thrace: It's none of your business, anymore.

Socrata: You have a gift, Kara. I've always known that, here, in my gut and I'm not going to let you piss that away. You're special. Don't you understand that?

[Younger] Kara Thrace: No, I'm not! Would you let go of that stupid dream of yours? Look, I am sorry as hell that you never made officer and all you have to show for a life of dedication is this crappy apartment and that frakking medal on the wall. But I will not make up for it all. I can't.

Socrata: Yeah, because you're a quitter. You always have been.

[Younger] Kara Thrace (notices document/letter/paper on table): You went to an oncologist?

Socrata: Hey! Put that down! Don't touch that!

Kara (reading): What are you going to do about this?

Socrata (smoking): Nothing. There's nothing to do. It's metastasized. Game is over.

[Younger] Kara Thrace (sits down and tries to touch her Mother's hand): I'm sorry, Mama.

Socrata: I don't want your pity.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: You haven't got it.

Socrata: You want to feel sorry for someone? Feel sorry for yourself. You're gonna have to find another way to motivate your ass. I'm not gonna be around to do it any longer.
    Oh, don't tell me you're gonna cry about it now.

[Younger] Kara Thrace: You know what? I don't need this. I'm gonna... I'm gonna walk out that door and you can look at it every frakking miserable day you have left and know that I am never gonna come back through it again.

Socrata: Kara! Kara!

(Door closes)

Leoben: You kept running, didn't you? For blocks.

She waited here for five weeks, hoping you'd come back. She died alone.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I was afraid I couldn't watch.

Leoben: It's not too late. She's waiting still.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Mama.

Socrata: You came back.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (notices pictures, drawings, etc. from her earlier school years): I can't believe you kept all this.

Socrata: Everything. Always.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (notices a drawing of the mandala): Mama. Something's about to happen. You know that thing that you were trying to prepare me for?
    I don't know if I can do it.

Socrata: Oh, yes, you can. You can.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: How can you be sure?

Socrata: You're my daughter.

[Socrata dies; Kara sobs]

Leoben: See? There's nothing so terrible about death. When you finally face it, it's beautiful. You're free now. To become who you really are.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You're not Leoben.

Leoben: Never said I was. I'm here to prepare you to pass through the next door. To discover what hovers in the space between life and death.

- from Episode No. 57 (Six of One); written by Michael Angeli; directed by Anthony Hemingway:

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I want to hate you so much. So much. You had a vision. Remember? The arrow, the temple. I went down to that planet with you, and it was a frakking Toaster party. A lot of good people died. Remember?

President Laura Roslin: Yes, I do.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I trusted you. On a vision. That's it. A vision!
    I saw Earth. I saw it with my own eyes. And it's calling me back. We're going the wrong way. Why can't you trust me?

(Kara cocks gun)

Shoot me. If you think I'm a Cylon, then I'm your enemy. Shoot your enemy. Take it!
    I'm no more a Cylon than you are. And you know it.

President Laura Roslin: I wish I did.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I've put my life on the line for this frakking ship. I have ate, slept and fought next to the people that I love. I have pissed off my friends! I have broken more rules than I've followed! I frakked up, okay! I messed up! But it's all that I have.
    Those people are my family. And none of us belong here.
    Shoot me! If I'm a Cylon, shoot me!

President Laura Roslin: They made you perfect, didn't they?

[Roslin shoots gun, yet misses]

(Admiral Adama, Colonel Tigh, Mathias, Helo, etc. enter. Mathias and the other one subdue her.)

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: What are you doing? I am not a Cylon, Mathias!

Colonel Tigh: Madam President...

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Mathias! Gods! I'm losing it!

Admiral Bill Adama: What the frak's going on here? I thought you were on the move.

Colonel Tigh: We were. She's out of her frakking mind!

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Gods!
    Get off me! Get...

Admiral Bill Adama (talking to President Laura Roslin): You all right?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Listen to me, please. I'm losing it. The ringing. The way to Earth. It's getting weaker. Don't you understand? Don't any of you understand?! It was so... It was so clear. Like it was coming from the next room. Stop looking at me like that! I can feel it slipping away. Even without jumping, as we move it's half of what it was when I got here. Half. If we keep jumping, it'll be gone, and we'll never find it again. I thought that's what we wanted. A way to Earth. Do you hear me?

Colonel Tigh: Get her out of here.

Man: Yes, sir. Let's go.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: You better work on your aim, because I'm not gonna stop! You're gonna have to kill me!
    One more jump and it'll be gone!
    Admiral! Admiral!

Admiral Bill Adama: What were you doing? What were you thinking? What happened to you?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I saw Earth! The shape of it, the smell of it, the feel of it on my skin in my pores. And I swear to you, it was like I'd been there before. Like I never left.

Admiral Bill Adama: You're too stupid to figure out you just screwed over the one ally you had. You didn't have the guts to hold on. Tell me, who's gonna help you?

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: Yeah, frak me, huh? It sure as hell isn't gonna be you. You've gotta remind yourself that you're somebody else. You're the President's wet nurse.
    You're the one who doesn't have the guts.

Nice to know you still care, Admiral.

We're going the wrong way!

- from Episode No. 72 (Someone to Watch Over Me); written by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle, directed by Michael Nankin:

Piano Player: The critic returns.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: I thought I'd see if you're making any progress.

Piano Player: You tell me.

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace: It's longer. Lot of notes.

Piano Player: You hate it.

Kara: I didn't say that.

Piano Player: You were savagely honest with me the other night. Why be diplomatic now?

Kara: I'm not being diplomatic, you over-sensitive jackass. I said I liked it.

Piano Player: Really? Why?

Kara: Um...Hard to put into words. Um, made me think of someone chasing after a car.

Piano Player: Not exactly what I was going for. I was trying to convey a sense of loss.

Kara: That's what I meant. It's like losing someone that you care about. Their car pulls away. You chase them. But they're going too fast.

Kara: Is part of the process also stealing from other composers? That piece you're riffing off of, it's Nomion's [Noh-mee-uhns] 3rd Sonata, Second Movement. I mean, it's what it sounded like, anyway.

Piano Player: No, you're dead on the money. It's pronounced Nomion [Noh-mahy-uhn]. Anyway, he's my touchstone. Whenever I come up dry, I look to him for inspiration. And for somebody who hates music so much, you know an awful lot about it.

Kara: My dad used to play.

Piano Player: Ah. So what's the story? He forced you to learn, and he was such a perfectionist, you grew to hate it?

Kara: No.
    No, I loved it, actually. He used to sit me next to him on the bench when he played. Smell of tobacco on his breath.
    He taught me a few songs. I used to try so hard to get them right. Not because I was afraid he'd get angry, but because I knew he'd be so proud. There was this one song that he taught me. It made me feel happy and sad all at the same time.

Piano Player: The best ones do.

Kara: How is it possible that I found my body and I'm still here? I mean, what am I? A ghost? A demon?

Piano Player: You're asking the wrong guy. I'm just a piano player.

Kara: When I was leading the Fleet to Earth, everything seemed so clear. For the first time in my life I knew what I was doing and why I was here. Now, I'm just adrift again.

Piano Player: Listen. It may feel like hell, but sometimes lost is where you need to be. Just because you don't know your direction, doesn't mean you don't have one.

Piano Player [laughs]: I dissipate the tension.

Kara: Is that why she left you?
    It's a pretty deep groove on your finger. Had to have been there for a while.

Piano Player: Too long. She didn't leave me. I left her.

Kara: Why?

Piano Player: She wanted me to quit playing the piano.

Kara: You left her for that?

Piano Player: I was playing steady gigs. Making decent money. Then we had a kid. She said it wasn't enough. Said I had to get a real job. I told her I might as well cut my heart out.

Kara: My Gods, you're just like my father! You start a family, the going gets tough, you ditch them. Did you ever stop thinking about yourself long enough to consider what you did to your kid?

Piano Player: So maybe what your old man did was wrong. But he still left you with something. He taught you how to play the piano.

Kara: I never played after he left.

Piano Player: What about that song? That song he taught you. The one that makes you happy and sad at the same time. Play that for me.

Kara: I don't frakking remember it. And even if I did, I wouldn't. That son of a bitch never came back. He never called. He never wrote.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I thought I would find a thread on her, yeah SLE was my guess too.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".