from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The L Word

I'm sure some of you have at least watched this oddly addictive show about lesbians !

I've recently watched all seasons; here are my thoughts... and note that they are all very tightknit... I'm trying to factor in their dynamics in my typings, and it's different vs. looking at them individually.

Alice: Ne base for sure, probably NeTi
    Shane: Sexy bitch, irrational... probably Exxp... MAYBE IEI?
    Jenny: Crazy ass EIE
    Bette: ESI?
    Tina: ESI? EII? B&T must be identicals or duals.
    Kit: SEE (I'm sure of this one)
    Helena: No idea
    Phyllis: LSI
    Jodie: Annoying and probably EIE =[
    Carmen: SLE? IEI?
    Max: ILI?
    Tasha: LSE
    Jamie: IEE

Many more random characters that have been on the show but yeah, duno.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watched all seasons of the l word. wonder if you're bi or not ..
    INTp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so late, i downloaded & watched series 1 last week..

so far..
    Shane - ILE, looove Shanes character, she makes the show!
    Jenny - IEE, she got on my nerves abit and i started skipping her parts in the last 2 episodes
    Bette - ESI seems to work
    Tina - EIE
    Kit, Bettes sister - ESE-Si
    Alice - ESE-fe or EIE, actually ne base could work.
    Marina - ??? ST?..seems intelligent and down to earth.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love the L word.

alice: ISFp
    shane: ESTp
    Jenny: INFp
    Bette: ISFj
    Tina: ENFj

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a while since I watched it but typed the following as:

Bette: ESI-Fi uptight power dyke power slut
    Tina: LIE-Ni (maybe)
    Jenny: ILI-Ni who is cray cray and has the unfortunate condition of possessing a horrid personality residing in an otherwise gorgeous body
    Shane: SEE>SLE of the sex and drugs and slutty behavior variety but who is otherwise the kind and considerate friend
    Alice: IEE-Ne in all her infantile, quirky glory. Her fascination with The Chart and how it links otherwise strangers together is quite telling in the conceptual Fi sort of way.
    Dana: SLI which fits very well with her fitness freak sports dyke lifestyle.
    Tonya: ESE who supervises the fuck out of Dana in the most patronizing way possible for the latter's poor character who is unable to ever let herself be true to her own self.
    Helena: EII and a spoiled and ineffectual rich kid and interestingly hot for being played by a straight woman
    Tim: probable ESI-Se
    Papi: SLE
    Carmen: EIE
    Dylan: LSE?
    Tasha: SLI
    Kit: Se-SEE
    And I think that's enough. Just my two cents. I'd have watched more but since I'd have to pay more to watch it on Netflix...heh.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 05-06-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jenny as an INTp instead of an INFp is interesting, although I have to say- I relate to Jenny A LOT. I remember when she wrote that narcissistic book talking about all the other girls' personal issues, I kinda do the same thing in my 16types adventures novel. But I never really been as fucked up as her (denial maybe?) but I feel like this close bond to her. And it's like I remember how narcissistic and full of herself she got when she was trying to make her own tv show or whatever. I get the same exact way in my art projects. And I remember that snooty overly-professional bitch telling her to stop playing a victim and people have always said that stuff to me. I just digged her CEO Hollywood writer vibe a lot. She's like wounded and fragile but knows how to bite into everybody else's soul objectively. I like that.

I typed Shane as ESTp because when Jenny and Shane hooked it up it just felt like so right with me. Like total Se and Ni coming together. And like when that one other girl said how "Jenny annoys me because she's always in her head" Shane said something like "She's a writer she's supposed to be that way" in like this total Se way that made me go aw. Idk.

But I really can see them as INTp/ESFp dual pairs instead of INFp/ESTp now that you mention it....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, having picked it up again, I can see Jenny as IEI, fwiw.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Actually, having picked it up again, I can see Jenny as IEI, fwiw.
    Series 2? I'm two episodes in. I don't know about Jenny, I definitely type her XNFx.. I thought she was IEE watching the first series. ..I don't see much or .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Series 2? I'm two episodes in. I don't know about Jenny, I definitely type her XNFx.. I thought she was IEE watching the first series. ..I don't see much or .
    I'm on Season 5, atm. I guess I see the Ni in how she is so involved in her inner world of mental imagery and to the point of being quite out of touch with reality (excess of Ni). She goes through a lot of these flashback things as well as dream-like states where her crazy ass mind creates these hyper symbolic visions drawing on her life and relationships. Her imagination seems very much inward focused. She comes off a lot like a lot of Ni-IxIs I've known.

Later on in the series, with her literary works, she does something that I have seen some IEIs do that involves trying to get at the core of a person...to be vague. Something where the sum of someone's words and actions and mannerisms are taken into account and that is used to conclude that so and so is this way or that way (i.e. narcissist).

I mean, at first I thought she was a really twisted ILI (perhaps because I thought it hard for an Fe creative to people so emotionally and socially retarded), but I dunno.